PDA

View Full Version : Questions About 2014 WWE Storylines

Corkscrewed
12-30-2014, 05:11 AM
So since the beginning of the year, when the WWE storylines were (in my opinion) on fire with the great Daniel Bryan vs The Authority push, The Shield being super over, multiple *good* tag team and Divas pushes, Cesaro and the Wyatt Family being super over, etc..., I've been paying attention to WWE storylines enough to know what's been happening on RAW and the PPVs but not enough to really follow all the backstage news and all that.

So with that in mind, I have some unanswered questions that I'm pretty sure are rhetorical (i.e. the WWE never actually did explain them), but maybe I missed something. Can anyone help an on-again off-again fan out?

Did they ever explain Brie Bella turning heel? Like... actually explain it? Like promo and everything?
Did they ever explain why Sting came back... and then disappeared? Is he really The Undertaker in disguise? I don't think anyone's ever seen the two in the same room.
Did they even attempt to address why Brock Lesnar could take months off, but Daniel Bryan had to vacate his title due to "not being able to defend it?"
So... is the Undertaker actually retired for good now?
Did anyone ever figure out what knocked out Dolph Ziggler AND Seth Rollins so hard that they were completely unconscious throughout the entire FIVE MINUTES that it took Sting to walk down the ramp, stair down HHH, kick him, administer the Scorpion Death Drop, place Ziggler over Rollins, have the 1-2-3 counted, and they were STILL out?
I was never a huge WCW fan, so can anyone explain if Sting wears steel toed boots or something? That kick he gave HHH leveled Hunter for like a full thirty seconds, which I've certainly never seen in an actual wrestling match. I mean, sure, that might happen to a manager or host, but Trips was just recently wrestling a great match against Daniel Bryan, and he's still ripped like hell. He's a strong dude. You mean to tell me that one kick incapacitated him so much that he couldn't get out of being held face up for 15 seconds?
Is the dissolution of the Wyatt Family the only time in ever that a high profile stable didn't end with the members turning on each other? Especially a heel stable?
What happened to Randy Orton? Dean Ambrose got his head curb stomped through cinder blocks and kayfabe came back after only a month. You'd think an "apex predator" wouldn't need two full months to recuperate... and would have had plenty of times to come back and exact revenge, etc... etc... Especially since he's RKO'd everything all over the interwebs. Or wait, did he aggravate injuries via this (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j0SI97HAkvU)?
Why is The Ascension hyped up like a tag team composed of two Undertakers, dressed up to look like the second coming of the Legion of Doom, but their mighty finisher is a combination of a Cobra Kai move plus someone doing a barrel roll like in Star Fox? Shouldn't it be something more devastating looking, or at least some power move? That strikes me as a setup move at best.
Same with Ryback's Shell Shock. C'mon... it's an exaggerated Samoan Drop.
What happened to Concessions Kane? They dropped Glenn Jacob's greatest character ever after only one week. :(
If you can't tell by now, these aren't actual questions. I just wanted to say hi. :wave:

Savio
12-30-2014, 07:32 PM
Did they ever explain Brie Bella turning heel? Like... actually explain it? Like promo and everything?

I have a feeling Steph gets to make one storyline a year and this was it. Last year it was "The Big Show and the fake Iron Clad Contract"

JimmyMess
12-30-2014, 07:39 PM
If you can't tell by now, these aren't actual questions. I just wanted to say hi. :wave:

I remember high school where the teacher says "make sure you read the entire paper before beginning"

not getting tricked by that bullshit again!

Hi Cork Merry Happy Holidays/New Years

SlickyTrickyDamon
12-30-2014, 07:54 PM
Fall of Man Rules!

It's Total Annihi YAH lation!!!!!