PDA

View Full Version : SmackDown SPOILERS - Jan. 2, 2015

slik
12-30-2014, 08:47 PM
* Edge and Christian kick off SmackDown. Edge apologizes for what happened on RAW but Christian says they're here to have fun. They're interrupted on the big screen by Joey Mercury and Jamie Noble getting out of a limousine in the back. The Stooges walk to the ring with a folder from The Authority. It says Seth Rollins and Big Show are not responsible for what happened on RAW. It also says The Authority has sent Mercury and Noble to oversee Edge and Christian tonight. Edge announces Ryback vs. Big Show and Rusev vs. Roman Reigns.

1 - Bray Wyatt defeated Erick Rowan by pinfall after hitting Rowan with the Sister Abigail. Wyatt cut a promo after the match and said Dean Ambrose will pay the ultimate price in Monday's Ambulance Match.

2 - The Big Show defeated Ryback via countout. The match ended when the giant Russian flag lowered from the ceiling, distracting Ryback, who was on the top turnbuckle and allowing Big Show to give him the knockout punch, causing him to fall to the floor. Rusev ran down and attacked Ryback after the match but Ryback eventually got the upperhand and clotheslined him out of the ring.

3 - Tyson Kidd and Cesaro defeated Los Matadores using a double team maneuver. Kidd and Cesaro cut a promo after the match and said the tag division better get ready because they are going to dominate it.

4 - Dean Ambrose vs. Curtis Axel went to a no contest. Ambrose attacked Axel before the bell and hit the Dirty Deeds. Ambrose cut a promo on Bray Wyatt afterwards.

5 - The Ascension defeated Owen White and Rhondi Dhile in a squash match.

6 - The Usos and R-Truth defeated Stardust, Goldust and Adam Rose.

* Backstage segment with Edge and Christian drawing on pictures of Stephanie McMahon.

7 - Roman Reigns vs. Rusev ended when Big Show came to the ring and Reigns hit him with a Superman punch. The match ended in DQ as Reigns and Show brawl at ringside. Show goes for a spear but Reigns moves and Show flies over the announce table. Reigns turns the announce table over on Show to end SmackDown.

SlickyTrickyDamon
12-30-2014, 09:07 PM
THE WYATT FAMILY EXPLODES ON SMACKDOWN....AS A CURTAIN JERKER!

Vastardikai
12-30-2014, 11:27 PM
And the end of Rowan's WWE run begins.

Ruien
12-30-2014, 11:31 PM
Or the beginning of him becoming a heel again.

#1-norm-fan
12-31-2014, 12:14 AM
lol Rowan vs Wyatt. Jesus.

Sometimes it seems like they really try to just run through every possible matchup as quickly as possible to make sure nothing intriguing can come from any potential confrontations down the line. It was going to be interesting at some point to see what happens when Harper and/or Rowan cross paths with Wyatt. But I guess they just wrestle each other randomly like everyone else now.

Vastardikai
12-31-2014, 12:27 AM
I don't think Harper will face Wyatt any time soon. I think someone sees value in a Wyatt/Harper match down the road. They don't see any value in Wyatt/Rowan.

Fox
12-31-2014, 12:45 AM
I'm still hoping that the Wyatt Family split is some kind of long-term storyline which leads to them reuniting when Wyatt faces Undertaker at Mania.

erickman
12-31-2014, 02:26 PM
i am liking the new stooges angle hope they screw bryant out of winning the rumble.

Innovator
12-31-2014, 02:30 PM
Hmm, Roman didn't sound strong enough

Mr. Nerfect
12-31-2014, 06:48 PM
Kudos to Noble and Mercury for taking a little spot and essentially becoming full-time main event storyline accessories. WTF at Rowan vs. Wyatt already.

#1-norm-fan
12-31-2014, 07:05 PM
I don't think Harper will face Wyatt any time soon. I think someone sees value in a Wyatt/Harper match down the road. They don't see any value in Wyatt/Rowan.

I can see this being the case. But even so, you've got some mystery of what's gonna happen when Wyatt crosses paths with the former members of his family whom he "fixed" and let free. And apparently it's just... they have a random opening match on an episode of Smackdown? It didn't have to lead to a huge, epic Wyatt vs Rowan match but it should have been a big deal and meant SOMETHING when they crossed paths again.

Ultra Mantis
12-31-2014, 07:10 PM
Rowan's face turn has been handled horribly, but I guess its his own fault for not grabbing enough brass rings as he was jobbing to an aging Big Show.

Corkscrewed
12-31-2014, 07:17 PM
WWEamnesia strikes again!!!

XL
12-31-2014, 08:06 PM
Should have held off a Bray/Rowan confrontation til the Rumble. That would have been a nice little moment.

Shisen Kopf
01-02-2015, 05:39 AM
New year, same old question. What should I do?

Vastardikai
01-02-2015, 06:59 AM
Rowan's face turn has been handled horribly, but I guess its his own fault for not grabbing enough brass rings as he was jobbing to an aging Big Show.

It goes back to my joke about the Wyatt Family:

Each one brings something different to the table. Bray Wyatt brings his gift of gab. Luke Harper brings his ability to work incredible matches. Erik Rowan brings a sheep mask.

XL
01-02-2015, 10:05 AM
New year, same old question. What should I do?

Get some new schtick?

Shisen Kopf
01-02-2015, 12:03 PM
never

XL
01-02-2015, 03:22 PM
I admire your moxey.

owenbrown
01-02-2015, 03:53 PM
Hey, when the fuck did Corkscrewed sneak into this thread?

DAMN iNATOR
01-02-2015, 07:51 PM
Get some new schtick?

What the hell is "schtick"? :?:

Shisen Kopf
01-02-2015, 08:10 PM
It's a new razor that Gillette makes

XL
01-03-2015, 04:23 AM
What the hell is "schtick"? :?:

A shtick (Yiddish: שטיק) (or schtick) is a comic theme or gimmick.

Shisen Kopf
01-03-2015, 07:44 AM
Gimmick? Taping Smackdown is not a gimmick. It's a lifestyle choice. So offended right now!

Evil Vito
01-03-2015, 11:04 AM
<font color=goldenrod>Rowan is a goner next time there are roster cuts. That they didn't even bother to make an encounter with Bray seem important just shows they see no potential in him at all.</font>