PDA

View Full Version : Will Ring of Honor ever be in the same level as TNA?

NoyaPerez20
12-31-2014, 07:10 PM
With all honesty, I'm still in shock that no channel caught up with Ring of Honor. I know that they mostly do shows online. They are yet to get to a Impact Wrestling level, not even mentioning the WWE.

I think that as far as product, ROH has a lot more to offer than TNA. I think that ROH can be even better than TNA.

So, what exactly does Ring of Honor lack from getting into a national level and compete with TNA on TV?

Ultra Mantis
12-31-2014, 07:15 PM
ROH lacks an inexperienced wannabe wrestling promoter with a rich daddy,

SlickyTrickyDamon
12-31-2014, 07:43 PM
Cable television deal where "most" people can watch it.

loopydate
12-31-2014, 07:49 PM
Money. Plain and simple. ROH has never been able to afford the sort of production value that attracts cable stations. They can't make the money to upgrade without a cable deal.

So, they continue to put on a well-wrestled but amateur-produced product that no one can watch other than the people that already know they want to watch it.

Nowhere Man
12-31-2014, 08:29 PM
RoH will probably never have the same financial backing as TNA and get the same level of exposure, but given that Impact is now going to be on a station where a significant portion of their already-small audience can't even watch it and will likely not be able to afford losing their TV deal again, Ring of Honor just might outlast them.

Destor
12-31-2014, 10:28 PM
Lets hope not

Shisen Kopf
01-01-2015, 12:58 AM
Lol TNA.

Shisen Kopf
01-01-2015, 12:59 AM
Seriously though, ROH is much better rasslin. And that's serious business.

Rollermacka
01-01-2015, 03:28 PM
With all honesty, I'm still in shock that no channel caught up with Ring of Honor. I know that they mostly do shows online. They are yet to get to a Impact Wrestling level, not even mentioning the WWE.

I think that as far as product, ROH has a lot more to offer than TNA. I think that ROH can be even better than TNA.

So, what exactly does Ring of Honor lack from getting into a national level and compete with TNA on TV?

Honestly, I don't think ROH will ever "appeal" enough to the main stream wrestling audience. They have large crowds of diehard fans but they will never sell out a major arena or get a primetime television spot with their type of wrestling

Emperor Smeat
01-01-2015, 04:28 PM
Money. Plain and simple. ROH has never been able to afford the sort of production value that attracts cable stations. They can't make the money to upgrade without a cable deal.

So, they continue to put on a well-wrestled but amateur-produced product that no one can watch other than the people that already know they want to watch it.

This. Unlike Spike, their parent company Sinclair isn't as willing to pump vast sums of cash into ROH while unlike Destination America, they also don't go all out with promotions.

Although right now they are better in terms of financial health and tv audience size at least for the near future.

Tazz Dan
01-02-2015, 03:27 AM
Lets hope not

Lol TNA.

Here I am in 2015, and you two are still stuck in 2009 :'(

Tazz Dan
01-02-2015, 03:28 AM
It's obviously the time zone difference.

GD
01-04-2015, 02:49 PM
If I were working for ROH, I would look for alternative platforms like Netflix, Hulu Plus, or even the Network.