PDA

View Full Version : Worst thing that could happen this year at the Royal Rumble?

Vastardikai
01-21-2015, 07:36 PM
Basically, come up with the worst thing that could happen, booking wise at the Royal Rumble.

I'm going with the following:

Daniel Bryan comes in at #22, to a hot reaction. He climbs into the ring. Someone rushes over and eliminates him IMMEDIATELY, a la the Warlord.

Ruien
01-21-2015, 07:38 PM
Daniel Bryan does not win the Royal Rumble.

Lock Jaw
01-21-2015, 07:41 PM
I'm glad you added "booking wise", because I was getting ready to post "a terrorist blows up the building".

Booking-Wise.... I'd say that the worst thing would be for Dean Ambrose to have an unimpressive showing.

JimmyMess
01-21-2015, 07:43 PM
Bryan/Reigns/Ambrose gets legit injury on the WAY to the ring... ala Vinnie Mac when he tore his quads.

Franchise
01-21-2015, 07:44 PM
Daniel Bryan winning would be the worst scenario. 2013 and 2014 were his years, ok he was injured second half of 2014 but still. I don't get why everyone thinks he needs to win the RR.

Anything less than Reigns v Rollins for the title at WM would be a downer.

Reigns or Bryan should have won it last year. But Bryan got to be in the main event and won the title, he doesn't need an RR win.

Kingofdaswing
01-21-2015, 07:58 PM
Reigns winning the rumble is the worst possible thing that could happen. The guy is simply not ready.

Droford
01-21-2015, 08:02 PM
The Bunny wins the Rumble

http://pbs.twimg.com/media/BzKXAy-CYAAtEKb.jpg

Razzamajazz
01-21-2015, 08:09 PM
Batista is a surprise entrant and wins, eliminating daniel bryan last, who entered as #1

Emperor Smeat
01-21-2015, 08:24 PM
Cena wins the title, Reigns wins the Rumble, and neither guy correctly points at the Mania sign during the post-Rumble standoff moment.

#1-norm-fan
01-21-2015, 08:50 PM
El Torito winning the Royal Rumble.

Though it would at least cause some "What the fuck did I just see?" attention to the product for a week or two so maybe there's a worse option.

SlickyTrickyDamon
01-21-2015, 08:56 PM
Rey Mysterio is a mystery entrant and isn't given a huge pop.

Vastardikai
01-21-2015, 09:16 PM
Just thought of another one:

El Torito scores a double elimination of Big Show and Mark Henry.

Razzamajazz
01-21-2015, 10:18 PM
that would be awesome

SlickyTrickyDamon
01-21-2015, 10:26 PM
No NXT Guys.

XL
01-21-2015, 10:27 PM
Daniel Bryan winning would be the worst scenario. 2013 and 2014 were his years, ok he was injured second half of 2014 but still. I don't get why everyone thinks he needs to win the RR.

Reigns or Bryan should have won it last year. But Bryan got to be in the main event and won the title, he doesn't need an RR win.

The general consensus is that Reigns isn't ready this year but you think he should have won the Rumble/main Evented WM last year!?

Droford
01-21-2015, 10:38 PM
No NXT Guys.

Or conversely the only nxt guy is

http://www.wwenews.net/wp-content/uploads/2014/10/mojo-rawley-nxt194photo25-1-1385993211.jpg

Vastardikai
01-21-2015, 11:16 PM
Horrible (or awesome, I can't tell) idea mentioned in the Craphole...

We get the Debut of Hillbilly Err, the illegitimate Grandson of Hillbilly Jim. He is played by Erick Rowan.

#1-norm-fan
01-21-2015, 11:35 PM
I thought of a worse booking decision than El Torito winning the Rumble.

El Torito being added to the title match, it becoming an elimination match, Cena and Rollins getting eliminated early and El Torito winning after a 2 hour squash of Brock. The Royal Rumble is then cancelled because there's no more time left.

I believe that would be the worst thing that could happen booking-wise.

KIRA
01-22-2015, 12:18 AM

You want to see Roman....really cause he kinda sucks right now maybe in a year or so but not in his current state.

I'd MUCH rather have Dolph OR Ambrose if not DB Ambrose and Dolph both have unfinished business with Rollins and with either of those three you know the match will be enjoyable

johnsmagic
01-22-2015, 12:24 AM
Cena wins the title would be the worse thing we see at the Rumble

KIRA
01-22-2015, 04:53 AM
Or conversely the only nxt guy is

http://www.wwenews.net/wp-content/uploads/2014/10/mojo-rawley-nxt194photo25-1-1385993211.jpg

Kill it! Kill it with fire!

Bobholly138
01-22-2015, 06:49 AM
No matter what happens the usual gang of idiots at one forum will bitch.

Stickman
01-22-2015, 09:35 AM
Reigns winning would be awful.

Innovator
01-22-2015, 10:01 AM
Triple H straight up bans Bryan from the Rumble match. Ironically, the Bunny take his spot.

The Bunny is doing well, starts doing YES chants and all of Bryan's mannerisms.

Bunny eliminates Roman Reigns to win the match, crowd is going apeshit. Bunny takes off his head to reveal...Rey Mysterio.

Ruien
01-22-2015, 10:09 AM
That would be hilarious if that happened but happened to be Seth Rollins.

Clerk
01-22-2015, 10:12 AM
Best thing would be Orton returning and winning the Rumble and face Rollins at WM and Orton wins and puts an end to the authority

The Condor
01-22-2015, 10:58 AM
Cena-Reigns WM collision course. This will be confirmed as after the title match Rollins cashes in on a spent Cena and loses anyway and Reigns wins the rumble.

Rammsteinmad
01-22-2015, 11:32 AM
WWE and TNA come to some kind of agreement and Kurt Angle is allowed to enter briefly as a surprise entrant.

Sadly, this is a "young" crowd, and nobody really knows who Kurt Angle is. Therefore, what should have been one of the holiest shit moments of all time, turns into a huge tumbleweed casually rolling around the arena.

DAMN iNATOR
01-22-2015, 11:34 AM
No matter what happens the usual gang of idiots at one forum will bitch.

The MAD Magazine forum?

SlickyTrickyDamon
01-22-2015, 11:37 AM
Obviously the cunts at Rajah.

JimmyMess
01-22-2015, 12:44 PM
Big Show wardrobe malfunction.

RiX1024
01-22-2015, 01:30 PM
Authority takes out Daniel Bryan and Triple H takes his place and wins it.

Big Vic
01-22-2015, 01:30 PM
I'm glad you added "booking wise", because I was getting ready to post "a terrorist blows up the building".
Vince books a terrorist to blow up the building.

XL
01-22-2015, 01:36 PM
Bryan is eliminated, lands on his shoulder, is re-injured misses Mania. They press on with Reigns-Lesnar which gets a Goldberg-Lesnar WM20 type reaction on the night.

Fignuts
01-22-2015, 02:16 PM

Doesn't matter that Bryan won at mania last year. He's still ridiculously over. Far more than Reigns. I don't even have to comment on ring work.

Bryan winning the rumble and winning the title again at mania doesn't mean he has to be the permanent face of the company. If you want Reigns for that spot than fine(though I don't see any potential in the guy to be in that spot) but groom him for that role slowly, while you have a guy who is over as fuck to be there until Reigns is ready for it.

Big Vic
01-22-2015, 02:47 PM
Brock vs Bryan is the most intriguing WM match up for me.

drave
01-22-2015, 02:52 PM
Brock vs Bryan is the most intriguing WM match up for me.

Yup

Sepholio
01-22-2015, 02:59 PM
If Brock vs Bryan main events WM I will not watch it. That is a match I never want to see because it will not be believable to me to have any other outcome than Brock winning. Since we all know that Brock is prob leaving again, that means I would have to accept Daniel Bryan legit beating Lesnar for the title....and that is utterly ridiculous. I know wrestling is fake, but sometimes you have to draw a line; I can not see Bryan ever legitmately beating Lesnar. I felt the same way about Rey Mysterio back in the day when he was main eventing.

drave
01-22-2015, 03:00 PM
What WM Main Event "does it for you"?

Sepholio
01-22-2015, 03:12 PM
I'm down for a Shield triple threat for the title. As long as Reigns doesn't win, anyways.

Have either Cena or Lesnar win the title at the RR only for Rollins to immediately cash in and win it. Have Reigns win the RR like has been rumored for months now. Then just have Dean Ambrose constantly interfering with Rollins again in the lead up until Wrestlemania, perhaps giving him a win-and-you're-in match at EC to build him a little more and give reason to him being inserted into the main event at WM. Something along those lines.

Big Vic
01-22-2015, 03:31 PM
...In that case you could still have Brock vs Bryan at WM....

Royce Gracie used to beat big guys in UFC.

Big Vic
01-22-2015, 03:42 PM
I would love to see Brock/Bryan for the title but will still be intrigued if its just a non title match.

I do think Brock should "make" someone when he loses the title, with him being the streak breaker and dominating Cena at SummerSlam. I really don't see anyone who is ready to beat Brock yet though.

Lock Jaw
01-22-2015, 03:42 PM
Would have been down for a Shield triple threat, but Ambrose has been booked so weakly that he doesn't really seem to fit in with the main event picture anymore.

erickman
01-22-2015, 03:58 PM
rember orton could come in and win it

Fignuts
01-22-2015, 07:58 PM
If Brock vs Bryan main events WM I will not watch it. That is a match I never want to see because it will not be believable to me to have any other outcome than Brock winning. Since we all know that Brock is prob leaving again, that means I would have to accept Daniel Bryan legit beating Lesnar for the title....and that is utterly ridiculous. I know wrestling is fake, but sometimes you have to draw a line; I can not see Bryan ever legitmately beating Lesnar. I felt the same way about Rey Mysterio back in the day when he was main eventing.

For me, believability doesn't apply on a show that sometimes has characters with magical powers.

The ultimate underdog vs the ultimate obstacle is the best story out of all the options available, imo.

Fignuts
01-22-2015, 08:02 PM
Honestly though, I have never understood that viewpoint. On the list of unrealistic shit in wrestling, a small guy beating a big guy seems like it would be really tame compared to everything else.

loopydate
01-22-2015, 08:04 PM
I wonder if he felt the same way when Michaels beat Vader. Or when Taz beat Bam Bam. Or Bret over Yoko. Or any of the billion times in wrestling history that a little guy beat the monster.

Fignuts
01-22-2015, 08:22 PM
I mean it would be one thing if Bryan was overpowering Lesnar, and winning tests of strength and shit. But that obviously wouldn't happen. They're both good enough workers that they could find a way to make it work just like when Eddie beat Brock.

Which was a fucking awesome match, btw.

Heyman
01-22-2015, 08:41 PM
Basically, come up with the worst thing that could happen, booking wise at the Royal Rumble.

I'm going with the following:

Daniel Bryan comes in at #22, to a hot reaction. He climbs into the ring. Someone rushes over and eliminates him IMMEDIATELY, a la the Warlord.

I'd go with Roman Reigns winning the rumble as the worst possible scenario. The guy simply isn't ready to main-event right now and I think the WWE would be 'throwing him to the wolves' if they went this route.

Daniel Bryan winning for a second straight year would be nice, but he's a health risk right now and so I'm not sure if the WWE goes this route.

Ambrose, Ziggler, and Cesaro would have been great choices had they been made to look more credible over this past year, but things turned out differently (Ambrose's push actually was pretty good from what I understand, but he was made to look continuously inferior to Wyatt and Rollins).

Perhaps the WWE's best play would be in having a face Randy Orton winning the rumble and then facing Rollins at Mania'. Capitalize on Orton's return face pop, and then launch him to the top again.

Fignuts
01-22-2015, 09:02 PM
Ziggler would have been my choice, if they had built off his Survivor Series victory, but instead he's just kind of been there.

Heyman
01-22-2015, 09:07 PM
Ziggler would have been my choice, if they had built off his Survivor Series victory, but instead he's just kind of been there.

I'll agree with this.

However - if we can go back to the RAW after last year's Wrestlemania and do it all over again, then my choice would have been Cesaro.

Have him keep Swagger's theme music, have him stay face, have him keep doing that airplane move, and slowly build him up.

How the WWE missed this golden opportunity is beyond me.

I also think the WWE should have milked the Shield/Wyatt rivalry for a lot longer. After destroying Evolution, Shield/Wyatt should have feuded for a few months a la Nation/DX 1998.

Ruien
01-22-2015, 09:21 PM
I'd go with Roman Reigns winning the rumble as the worst possible scenario. The guy simply isn't ready to main-event right now and I think the WWE would be 'throwing him to the wolves' if they went this route.

Daniel Bryan winning for a second straight year would be nice, but he's a health risk right now and so I'm not sure if the WWE goes this route.

Ambrose, Ziggler, and Cesaro would have been great choices had they been made to look more credible over this past year, but things turned out differently (Ambrose's push actually was pretty good from what I understand, but he was made to look continuously inferior to Wyatt and Rollins).

Perhaps the WWE's best play would be in having a face Randy Orton winning the rumble and then facing Rollins at Mania'. Capitalize on Orton's return face pop, and then launch him to the top again.

Even with Bryan being a health risk you have to go with him. He is the person everyone will want and go ape shit for in the main event. This allows for Reigns to be slow groomed into being liked/loved by the fans.
I can't really see a Orton and Brock program being that good but this would probably be the best way to go if Orton wins. Orton vs Rollins does not scream main event and no one wants another Orton vs Cena feud again.

Heyman
01-22-2015, 09:26 PM
Even with Bryan being a health risk you have to go with him. He is the person everyone will want and go ape shit for in the main event. This allows for Reigns to be slow groomed into being liked/loved by the fans.
I can't really see a Orton and Brock program being that good but this would probably be the best way to go if Orton wins. Orton vs Rollins does not scream main event and no one wants another Orton vs Cena feud again.

This would be my #1 choice as well, but I'm just not completely sold on Bryan's health. What happens if he gets injured again between Royal Rumble and Wrestlemania? Although I guess you could make that argument for ANY wrestler (i.e. "what if they get injured").

Bryan vs. Lesnar would be great, but I can't help but wonder if Bryan is on borrowed time as far as his injuries go. It might be better to invest in someone else to get a win over Lesnar at Mania (i.e. Orton).

#1-norm-fan
01-22-2015, 09:31 PM
Fandango vs Lesnar. Do it.

Heyman
01-22-2015, 09:33 PM
Fandango vs Lesnar. Do it.

What happened to your old avatar with the African American in it?

#1-norm-fan
01-22-2015, 09:34 PM
I went through a nostalgic "I love Todd Pettengill" phase. I guess I could bring him back.

#1-norm-fan
01-22-2015, 09:35 PM
Todd Pettengill vs Brock Lesnar. Do it.

Sepholio
01-22-2015, 10:41 PM
I wonder if he felt the same way when Michaels beat Vader. Or when Taz beat Bam Bam. Or Bret over Yoko. Or any of the billion times in wrestling history that a little guy beat the monster.

Not really with those examples, but then I was little in those days and don't really remember. Out of all of those, Bret over Yoko would have probably bothered me the most. But then, all of those guys are kind of a different kind of big man than Lesnar is.

I don't group all big men together; theres ones like Lesnar and Lashley who are ripped up freaks, then theres 'giants' like Big Show, Andre, Kevin Nash, then there is a group for people like Yoko and Earthquake and Viscera, etc. Too many differences in size and build to just say big man for all of them.

Also, I didn't used to feel like this; several years ago when they had Rey Mysterio going over Big Show things changed. I saw that and was like no.....just no. It kind of brought me back to my days being a WCW mark and there being legit divisions for different size guys. Daniel Bryan would have been amazing in the cruiser division.

Vastardikai
01-22-2015, 11:51 PM
Look up Dream 9's SuperHulk Tournament. In particular, Minowa vs. Bob Sapp.

Vastardikai
01-22-2015, 11:52 PM
Jey and Jimmy Uso draw numbers one and two. They enter the ring, have a stare down, then take turns having fans chant "Sooooooooooo" at each side of the ring for 90 seconds.

#1-norm-fan
01-23-2015, 06:23 AM
I actually feel like the need for realism is what's making wrestling worse. Sure a guy like Daniel Bryan could beat a guy like Brock Lesnar in real life. I don't care. I don't give a fuck about real life when I'm watching wrestling. If I did, I'd watch UFC. If Daniel Bryan was the size he is but had a larger than life character, then I'd be all for him as the main guy. As it stands, there's too much "regular joe" stuff going on and it's getting too far into "fake version of UFC" territory. There's a reason Bob Backlund needed to go and Hogan needed to come in. Wrestling as a legitimate sport was dead. It's still dead. It's not coming back. They need to stop trying.

Franchise
01-23-2015, 08:42 AM
The general consensus is that Reigns isn't ready this year but you think he should have won the Rumble/main Evented WM last year!?

Ahead of Batista, most definitely.

Worst move ever having him win the RR.

Franchise
01-23-2015, 08:49 AM
Doesn't matter that Bryan won at mania last year. He's still ridiculously over. Far more than Reigns. I don't even have to comment on ring work.

Bryan winning the rumble and winning the title again at mania doesn't mean he has to be the permanent face of the company. If you want Reigns for that spot than fine(though I don't see any potential in the guy to be in that spot) but groom him for that role slowly, while you have a guy who is over as fuck to be there until Reigns is ready for it.

It's more to do with the fact that it would be a sense of deja vu i.e. having Bryan win the title again at WM.

In any case I am quite certain Sting v Triple H (with the stipulation of total control of the WWE) is going to close out the show given at how much would be riding on the match and the fact it would generate a huge amount of buzz being Sting's WWE in-ring and WM debut and perhaps finale.

Furthermore I feel winning the Royal Rumble and the title match at WM has lost it's shine with the exception of WM 29 and WM 30. In recent times the focus has been on big draw matches like Rock v Cena 1, Rock v Hogan and post WM 22, the streak. The title match seemed to be a sideshow and as last year proved, you don't have to even be in the Royal Rumble match to get the opportunity to headline and win the title.

KIRA
01-23-2015, 02:04 PM
As far as believability unlike Rey Bryan has a style that could compete with Brock his frenzied offense and ground game would be a nice complement to Brock raw power scary speed and wrestling background ....I really wanna see that match I need to see it.

hb2k
01-23-2015, 02:09 PM
This is going to be a very unpopular statement, but I really think the worst thing is Rollins winning the title. It just automatically devalues what could be the big title match at Mania, and they don't make Seth a star in the process, because he has to lose it two months later, and then the company is left with no heels. Worst for Mania, worst for the long run, and possibly worst for Seth.

Heyman
01-23-2015, 02:34 PM
This is going to be a very unpopular statement, but I really think the worst thing is Rollins winning the title. It just automatically devalues what could be the big title match at Mania, and they don't make Seth a star in the process, because he has to lose it two months later, and then the company is left with no heels. Worst for Mania, worst for the long run, and possibly worst for Seth.

Very interesting post, and I agree with what you're saying.

loopydate
01-23-2015, 02:47 PM
The money is definitely in the unbeatable monster who ended The Streak being dethroned as champion and driven from the company at Mania. Anybody other than Lesnar carrying gold into WM31 is a mistake.

Franchise
01-23-2015, 02:49 PM

Truth be told I'm not a huge fan of Rollins either or Ambrose. But he has held onto that briefcase for an incredible amount of time now and it would be silly to not have him cash in and win at some point.

I don't see Lesnar being given the distinction of a title match at WM, certainly not the main event given that he will be leaving shortly and it would a little stupid to have him lose the title in his final match and then disappear afterwards without some sort of rematch story etc.

I'm perhaps hopeful/clutching at straws for Taker v Lesnar 2 maybe with the stipulation that the lose "leaves the WWE for good" hence tying in with Lesnar's departure. Perhaps a submission match or buried alive match or casket match?

Heyman
01-23-2015, 03:04 PM
The money is definitely in the unbeatable monster who ended The Streak being dethroned as champion and driven from the company at Mania. Anybody other than Lesnar carrying gold into WM31 is a mistake.

+1

XL
01-23-2015, 05:45 PM
I could see them pulling a bit of a "swerve" by having Lesnar retain at Mania. Everybody will expect him to lose the title at Mania should be be carrying it in. Lesnar would retain to the shock of everybody, sign an extension taking him to Raw the following night where he drops the belt either via MITB or in a rematch against his Mania opponent.

Heyman
01-24-2015, 01:19 AM
I could see them pulling a bit of a "swerve" by having Lesnar retain at Mania. Everybody will expect him to lose the title at Mania should be be carrying it in. Lesnar would retain to the shock of everybody, sign an extension taking him to Raw the following night where he drops the belt either via MITB or in a rematch against his Mania opponent.

Wouldn't be a bad idea, in terms of not being predictable, but I think the WWE needs to have their guy go over Lesnar at Wrestlemania, so that the significance of the moment is amplified.

Black Widow
01-24-2015, 02:07 AM
Anyone think Orton could win the RR and Seth wins the belt?

#1-norm-fan
01-24-2015, 02:09 AM
No. But it would be... interesting.

Heyman
01-24-2015, 04:20 AM
Wondering if a face Brock Lesnar vs. heel Seth Rollins at mania' could work?

Think about it - Seth Rollins is up there with Roman Reigns and Daniel Bryan in terms of the WWE wanting someone to be "the guy." With Reigns still a bit green, and with Bryan's health a question mark, why shouldn't the WWE give the nod to Seth Rollins?

Have Rollins pin Cena at the RR (authority takes out Lesnar). Lesnar gets pissed, enters the rumble, and then wins/dominates the rumble.

At Wrestlemania, Seth Rollins gets the surprising clean victory over Lesnar. Rollins doesn't even win in a cowardly way. Heel Rollins CLEANLY defeats Lesnar.

How much credibility would Rollins have at THAT point? This then lines up guys like Bryan, Cena, Reigns, and Orton to go after Rollins for future feuds.

Bobholly138
01-24-2015, 06:41 AM
Obviously the cunts at Rajah.

Rajah is still around? I thought that place died in the mid 2000s. But that isn't the forum I am talking about. I was talking about the Craphole. Where from Summerslam 2013 until Wrestlemania in 2014 almost every thread was people bitching about Bryan being "buried".

KIRA
01-24-2015, 07:15 AM
Rajah is still around? I thought that place died in the mid 2000s. But that isn't the forum I am talking about. I was talking about the Craphole. Where from Summerslam 2013 until Wrestlemania in 2014 almost every thread was people bitching about Bryan being "buried".

Really they still whined when it was painfully obvious that his losing and "burial" was part of a grander plot?

that's hilarious

SlickyTrickyDamon
01-24-2015, 07:31 AM
No, it wasn't part of a grander plot. If it wasn't for the complainers they would have gone with Batista and Randy Orton.

FACT. /Tyson Kidd.

RP
01-24-2015, 08:53 AM
Undertaker pulls his pants down and reveals a red afro on his balls.

erickman
01-24-2015, 11:56 AM
Anyone think Orton could win the RR and Seth wins the belt?

yeah i posted it, he could get bootista heat

The Condor
01-24-2015, 01:20 PM
It's more to do with the fact that it would be a sense of deja vu i.e. having Bryan win the title again at WM.

Hulkamania ran wild for 9 years. Austin and The Rock carried 'Mania for several years, as have Cena and HHH. Don't give me this 12 year old kid deja vu bullshit about Daniel Bryan for 2 consecutive years. The best stories, characters and personalities carry WM, and Bryan ' s pops and "overness" are genuine and legitimate... therefore not to be dismissed and ignored. I'm not even a huge backer of DBry, but it's just common sense.

Franchise
01-24-2015, 02:01 PM
Hulkamania ran wild for 9 years. Austin and The Rock carried 'Mania for several years, as have Cena and HHH. Don't give me this 12 year old kid deja vu bullshit about Daniel Bryan for 2 consecutive years. The best stories, characters and personalities carry WM, and Bryan ' s pops and "overness" are genuine and legitimate... therefore not to be dismissed and ignored. I'm not even a huge backer of DBry, but it's just common sense.

Bryan isn't and never will be considered on the same level as those guys who are icons, legends of the business.

This isn't about him being a "small guy" or anything. Rey Mysterior and Eddie were small guys and amongst the best of all time.

Bryan isn't that good and quite a fairr few members of the roster get "huge pops". And as for the "Daniel Bryan story", well even that has gone stale now.

The Authority storyline is pretty much entering the final phase and it seems that Sting v Triple H is going to mark that.

Ruien
01-24-2015, 02:18 PM
What is stopping Bryan from being a legend? How is he not that good?

#1-norm-fan
01-24-2015, 02:38 PM
He's too normal. I guess within the world of wrestling he could be a "legend" in the same way Eddie, Rey, etc. is but his appeal is limited to "he's an amazing technician". That's not enough anymore. As a personality, there's nothing amazing about him.

I love the guy but the people who think he should be on that level should slow down a bit.

KIRA
01-24-2015, 03:14 PM
Bret hart has a wooden personality and is as normal as they come and he's a legend

And Bryan has more personality than him

However it is too early to start putting him in the Legends catagory

loopydate
01-24-2015, 03:24 PM
Other than longevity, there's nothing that 2015 Daniel Bryan doesn't have that mid-'90s Bret Hart had.

Jordan
01-24-2015, 03:55 PM
Daniel Bryan reminds me of HBK in so many ways.

He's the best guy on the roster, for one. Two, with his long hair now it's really starting to pop out at me. 3. The boyhood dream is so similar to Daniel's story and the parallels between the two of them fighting for years to finally get the much deserved top spot are uncanny.

I think WWE is going to go with Cena vs Bryan at WM. If it were an iron man match, even better.

Franchise
01-24-2015, 04:39 PM
Bret hart has a wooden personality and is as normal as they come and he's a legend

And Bryan has more personality than him

However it is too early to start putting him in the Legends catagory

Hart was cool. With a name like "The Hitman", his leather jacket, shades, rocker-like hair, he had the look and the in-ring ability and was involved in memorable matches.

Sure Bryan's career is far from over but other than an "against the odds" storyline like him vs the authority, what else has he got going for him?

He's too normal.

Rey and Eddie had ability and persona and memorable feuds. Maybe in time I will warm to Bryan but I really don't see what all the fuss is about with him.

Evil Vito
01-24-2015, 04:47 PM
<font color=goldenrod>Not only is Bryan excellent, I think a lot of the desire to see him main event another WrestleMania and win the title again is because we never got to see him get a proper run. Him winning at WrestleMania was such a great feel-good moment, but nothing came of it. They put him on the backburner in a terrible Kane feud while Evolution's return took center stage, and then he got hurt.

If Bryan had stayed healthy, main evented several PPVs, and then dropped the belt to Lesnar at SummerSlam. I honestly think everybody, IWC included would have been fine with Bryan moving on to another program while Reigns wins the Rumble and takes over as face of the company. But between Bryan's injury robbing him of a proper title run and Reigns being underwhelming as a solo act to this point, the average fan would rather see Bryan main event Mania and actually get a real run.

That's not to say I think casuals will shit on Reigns, I don't think that at all. But if the Rumble were being held in any arena in the country and you had Bryan and Reigns as the final two, I think any audience would root for Bryan. If Bryan doesn't win this Rumble, I almost wonder if WWE made a mistake bringing him back before February.</font>

Franchise
01-24-2015, 04:57 PM
<font color=goldenrod>Not only is Bryan excellent, I think a lot of the desire to see him main event another WrestleMania and win the title again is because we never got to see him get a proper run. Him winning at WrestleMania was such a great feel-good moment, but nothing came of it. They put him on the backburner in a terrible Kane feud while Evolution's return took center stage, and then he got hurt.

If Bryan had stayed healthy, main evented several PPVs, and then dropped the belt to Lesnar at SummerSlam. I honestly think everybody, IWC included would have been fine with Bryan moving on to another program while Reigns wins the Rumble and takes over as face of the company. But between Bryan's injury robbing him of a proper title run and Reigns being underwhelming as a solo act to this point, the average fan would rather see Bryan main event Mania and actually get a real run.

That's not to say I think casuals will shit on Reigns, I don't think that at all. But if the Rumble were being held in any arena in the country and you had Bryan and Reigns as the final two, I think any audience would root for Bryan. If Bryan doesn't win this Rumble, I almost wonder if WWE made a mistake bringing him back before February.</font>

I get the point about the whole Bryan "not having his run" bit, that was just rotten luck on his part. But there are more wrestlers on the roster than Daniel Bryan and it seems stupid to give him a run for the sake of making up for lost time.

The way I see it of the "active" members of the roster only Cena is the true AAA superstar. Lesnar is a part-timer, Sting has his legacy but a part-timer, Undertaker is as good as retired and Triple H hardly wrestles. You could make a case for Randy Orton but I feel he never quite endeared himself to the fans. Ziggler isn't quite there. Rey Mysterio was once second to Cena in terms of merchandise sales I believe at one point but injuries and time away has probably meant he's faded somewhat from popularity.

If Edge hadn't retired early then he would have no doubt still been a main-event player as would have CM Punk if he hadn't left. Bryan has only really been elevated to position because of absentees, retirements etc.

Don't get me wrong I'm not a Bryan hater, I just don't consider him THAT great.

Frankly I would have liked to have seen Sheamus and Barrett given further pushes.

Ruien
01-24-2015, 05:06 PM
He's too normal. I guess within the world of wrestling he could be a "legend" in the same way Eddie, Rey, etc. is but his appeal is limited to "he's an amazing technician". That's not enough anymore. As a personality, there's nothing amazing about him.

I love the guy but the people who think he should be on that level should slow down a bit.

Exactly but I don't think it's fair to say he won't be up there after it's all said and done. Out of everyone on the roster, not including Cena, Brock, and HHH, he is the only guy with a chance to even be in the discussion of becoming a legend.

KIRA
01-24-2015, 05:06 PM
When Punk was leaving Bryan was gaining momentum like crazy to the point he was overshadowing Punk and I remember seeing somewhere Punk pretty much putting Bryan over as the guy (sure he was probably still upset at his lack of main event push) but he was also cheer-leading the idea of Bryan being on top.

XL
01-24-2015, 05:43 PM

Don't bother with this guy. In his book nobody should have a second title run.

I get the point about the whole Bryan "not having his run" bit, that was just rotten luck on his part. But there are more wrestlers on the roster than Daniel Bryan and it seems stupid to give him a run for the sake of making up for lost time.

The way I see it of the "active" members of the roster only Cena is the true AAA superstar. Lesnar is a part-timer, Sting has his legacy but a part-timer, Undertaker is as good as retired and Triple H hardly wrestles. You could make a case for Randy Orton but I feel he never quite endeared himself to the fans. Ziggler isn't quite there. Rey Mysterio was once second to Cena in terms of merchandise sales I believe at one point but injuries and time away has probably meant he's faded somewhat from popularity.

If Edge hadn't retired early then he would have no doubt still been a main-event player as would have CM Punk if he hadn't left. Bryan has only really been elevated to position because of absentees, retirements etc.

Don't get me wrong I'm not a Bryan hater, I just don't consider him THAT great.

Frankly I would have liked to have seen Sheamus and Barrett given further pushes.

He was only elevated because the fans demanded it. You can bet your ass WWE never planned to get Bryan to this point. He caught on against all odds and that's part of the endearing quality he has.

XL
01-24-2015, 05:43 PM
Talk about taking my own advice...

Franchise
01-24-2015, 05:50 PM
Don't bother with this guy. In his book nobody should have a second title run.

He was only elevated because the fans demanded it. You can bet your ass WWE never planned to get Bryan to this point. He caught on against all odds and that's part of the endearing quality he has.

No I never said that dumbass. All I said was that Bryan wasn't worthy of a second title run, in fact, a fourth title run, fifth if you consider the WHC too.

Bryan isn't the only the person on the roster and popularity rises and wanes with time.

#1-norm-fan
01-24-2015, 06:13 PM
Other than longevity, there's nothing that 2015 Daniel Bryan doesn't have that mid-'90s Bret Hart had.

90's Bret Hart had the luxury of being a focal point through part of the two hottest periods in wrestling history and happened to be in one of the most controversial moments ever. If it wasn't for that, he would not be nearly as big of a deal. Daniel Bryan exists in a time where wrestling is the drizzling shits even to most of the people who still follow it. Big disadvantage.

Shadrick
01-24-2015, 06:29 PM
Franchise, Bryan isn't worthy of second title run? oh ok. Thank God you're not booking.

How do you feel about Fandango?

KIRA
01-24-2015, 06:32 PM
Hart was cool. With a name like "The Hitman", his leather jacket, shades, rocker-like hair, he had the look and the in-ring ability and was involved in memorable matches.

Sure Bryan's career is far from over but other than an "against the odds" storyline like him vs the authority, what else has he got going for him?

He's too normal.

Rey and Eddie had ability and persona and memorable feuds. Maybe in time I will warm to Bryan but I really don't see what all the fuss is about with him.

You are suggesting a big part of the reason Hart was over was he had a look to him. The same could be said for Bryan, the leather Jacket and wet hair and all that is a look that speaks to Harts time it was a cool look.Bryan's look reflects the time we are in now,the current western world champions the average joe Bryan is cool because he's a nerdy scruffy looking everyman that is his look whether purposefully cultivated or not. In fact the Stone Cold same thing very basic look and an everyman like Bryan, but where Stone Cold touched the part of us that wanted to be a take no shit anti -hero who kicked the shit outta our bosses, flipped him the bird and quit our shitty job Bryan speaks to the part of us that is that lovable loser who is average but trains and fights hard to be more and every time hes in the ring he goes all out to win.

Franchise
01-24-2015, 07:40 PM
You are suggesting a big part of the reason Hart was over was he had a look to him. The same could be said for Bryan, the leather Jacket and wet hair and all that is a look that speaks to Harts time it was a cool look.Bryan's look reflects the time we are in now,the current western world champions the average joe Bryan is cool because he's a nerdy scruffy looking everyman that is his look whether purposefully cultivated or not. In fact the Stone Cold same thing very basic look and an everyman like Bryan, but where Stone Cold touched the part of us that wanted to be a take no shit anti -hero who kicked the shit outta our bosses, flipped him the bird and quit our shitty job Bryan speaks to the part of us that is that lovable loser who is average but trains and fights hard to be more and every time hes in the ring he goes all out to win.

We already had a loveable loser before by the name of Mick Foley whom again Bryan isn't on the same level as.

Bryan may be "hot" now but this time next year, five years from now, ten years from now we won't be viewing him in the same light.

loopydate
01-24-2015, 08:02 PM
So why shouldn't they capitalize now while he's hot? Should they keep giving the belt to Cena, because people will still be talking about him in ten years?

KIRA
01-24-2015, 08:02 PM
We already had a loveable loser before by the name of Mick Foley whom again Bryan isn't on the same level as.

Bryan may be "hot" now but this time next year, five years from now, ten years from now we won't be viewing him in the same light.

A huge chunk of todays audience doesn't even know Mick Foley was a thing.

Bryan and Foley are two different monsters in terms of style and presentation

So a Roman Reigns will be hot and stay hot in the next five years?Who can say what the future holds really but Bryan has a hell of a lead over Regins as far as watchabilty and the potential for staying power goes A lot of people don't wanna see Reigns now let alone 5 yrs down the line. Despite his push to head of the pack its backfiring badly and tomorrow he is in Philadelphia.

Damian Rey
01-24-2015, 08:11 PM
There is no way to predict how over Bryan or any guy will be in a year. He's clearly the hottest act in the company. Regardless of how long his momentum will last, it's here now and they should ride the wave while they can.

Franchise
01-24-2015, 08:14 PM
So why shouldn't they capitalize now while he's hot? Should they keep giving the belt to Cena, because people will still be talking about him in ten years?

There are others on the roster too who are "hot" right now. Reigns may not be getting as huge a pop in recent weeks but he was voted superstar of the year for 2014 by WWE fans so clearly he is a big deal. Rollins and Ambrose much as I don't rate them as highly also seem to garner a decent enough reaction and of course Bray Wyatt, Ziggler's rep has gone up post-Survivor Series, Rusev is seemingly becoming a popular heel.

A lot of the fans merely like what is shoved in their faces and if they were placing Reigns in main events and prime feuds rather than Big Show who's a cheesesteak away from a heart attack, maybe they'd be cheering for him instead of whole "yes yes yes" rubbish.

No they shouldn't keep giving the belt to Cena either but the WWE is more than just Cena and simply putting Bryan on that pedestal because of a brief popularity fad is ridiculous.

You go on about Hulkamania. Hulk Hogan transcended the business, people who otherwise knew nothing about wrestling would know who Hulk Hogan was and he brought in new fans and still to this day generates a favorable reaction whenever he comes out to do his promos.

Bryan may be hot now because people are warming to his weedy, loser image battling against the Authority and to some extent it works well. But then what happens when the Authority comes to complete conclusion which it will sooner rather than later?

What is going to keep him relevant i.e. main-event draw, prime billing etc.?

Franchise
01-24-2015, 08:17 PM
Franchise, Bryan isn't worthy of second title run? oh ok. Thank God you're not booking.

How do you feel about Fandango?

You mean a fifth title run (including WHC title)?

Fandango is just another Disco Inferno. Funny to watch but then eventually we get bored and realise he's just there to fill up the time.

loopydate
01-24-2015, 08:18 PM
Maybe nothing. When that happens, you move on to what the hottest act in the company is. Right now, that's Bryan. Ride the wave while you can, then move on when something better comes along.

loopydate
01-24-2015, 08:18 PM
And none of the people you mentioned are anywhere near as over as Bryan is.

Ruien
01-24-2015, 08:21 PM
Listen guys, Bryan has been white hot for over a year now. This means he is never going to become a legend becuase his popularity is going to drizzle out. Because, you know, that has not happened in the least for the past year and a half to two years.

Franchise
01-24-2015, 08:26 PM
And none of the people you mentioned are anywhere near as over as Bryan is.

But they will certain have the ability and longevity and relevance to remain in the main event picture long after this period of Daniel Bryan hype has fizzled out.

Besides it's not as if Bryan has only been given a push now, he's held a title every year since 2010 right; US title, MITB, tag team titles, WHC at WM, WWE title match at Summerslam, Night of Champions, WM 31. Ok given he's been given top billing in the last year or two.

But I stand by the notion that once the Authority storyline is done, that really is it for Bryan in terms of a prime billing. Sure he might be involved in the odd title match if it's a three way or four way or if they decide to bring back the Elimination Chamber or even a King of the Ring tournament.

But I can't see how else he is going to function as a main-eventer unless it's some storyline battling the odds and he's done that 1001 times already now.

The fans will get bored of it just like some are sick of Cena.

loopydate
01-24-2015, 08:27 PM
When that happens, you move on to what the hottest act in the company is. Right now, that's Bryan. Ride the wave while you can, then move on when something better comes along.

Franchise
01-24-2015, 08:30 PM
Listen guys, Bryan has been white hot for over a year now. This means he is never going to become a legend becuase his popularity is going to drizzle out. Because, you know, that has not happened in the least for the past year and a half to two years.

It hasn't happened because he's been injured and hence not constantly on TV. Had he not got injured post WM XXX, he most likely would have held onto the title for an extended period and maybe storylines would have been adapted accordingly etc. It didn't happen that was just his rotten luck.

If he's still main eventing in 5 years time then we can start discussing him as a legend.

Somehow I doubt he will be, not in the WWE at least.

Shadrick
01-24-2015, 08:35 PM
thank God you're not booking :y:

Franchise
01-24-2015, 08:35 PM
Then you're reinforcing my point; WWE are only pushing him because they know he has a short shelf-life in terms of popularity and main-event exposure etc. Doesn't bode well for the future.

loopydate
01-24-2015, 08:37 PM
WWE, despite what Vince says, abhors making new top-level stars. It took Hogan jumping to WCW to make Bret the #1 guy. It took Montreal to make it Austin. It took Austin taking his ball and going home to make it Brock. It took the NFL to make it Cena. There have been other big stars along the way (Savage, Warrior, HBK, Luger, Rock, HHH, Angle, Orton, Punk were all solid #2 players), but until something catastrophic happens to Cena, no one will ever get the opportunity to carry the company.

Let's not kid ourselves that Bryan winning the title would make him The Guy. This will always be Cena's company until the day he dies/leaves. But, if you have the chance to capitalize on the most popular guy on your roster WHILE HE'S HOT, you do it.

Franchise
01-24-2015, 08:37 PM
thank God you're not booking :y:

Why, because I choose not to follow the sheep and like Bryan and think he's shit?

KIRA
01-24-2015, 08:39 PM
There are others on the roster too who are "hot" right now. Reigns may not be getting as huge a pop in recent weeks but he was voted superstar of the year for 2014 by WWE fans so clearly he is a big deal. Rollins and Ambrose much as I don't rate them as highly also seem to garner a decent enough reaction and of course Bray Wyatt, Ziggler's rep has gone up post-Survivor Series, Rusev is seemingly becoming a popular heel.

A lot of the fans merely like what is shoved in their faces and if they were placing Reigns in main events and prime feuds rather than Big Show who's a cheesesteak away from a heart attack, maybe they'd be cheering for him instead of whole "yes yes yes" rubbish.

No they shouldn't keep giving the belt to Cena either but the WWE is more than just Cena and simply putting Bryan on that pedestal because of a brief popularity fad is ridiculous.

You go on about Hulkamania. Hulk Hogan transcended the business, people who otherwise knew nothing about wrestling would know who Hulk Hogan was and he brought in new fans and still to this day generates a favorable reaction whenever he comes out to do his promos.

Bryan may be hot now because people are warming to his weedy, loser image battling against the Authority and to some extent it works well. But then what happens when the Authority comes to complete conclusion which it will sooner rather than later?

What is going to keep him relevant i.e. main-event draw, prime billing etc.?

And you think people won't tire of Romans get beat a little then Superman punch and spear and then cut a really bland promo routine the fact that I can see it this early is telling. Bryan's "Yes" may get old his fight against the Authority cannot last but he has a certain charisma its not like the Rock its its own thing and more low key(except for his intense moments) but having said all that its Bryan's in ring-ability combined with those other factors that gets him over every time. It really is saying something in the world of sports entertainment that a crowd gets behind a guy because he can wrestle. When Bryan steps in the ring I know I'm in for a treat bell to bell and that's exciting to me. Not only that but because its the WWE there's certain popular moves a wrestler will hit with DB you know if he had to reach into his wrestling well he would he can always change it up (see vs CM Punk) Roman is a pretty face a few flashy but monotonous moves and the charisma and mic skills of a parking barrier (some of that may be Vince's meddling but the guy wasn't a strong promo to start with) And you'd rather see him vs Brock as opposed to the complete epic Brock could have with Bryan? You'd go with the guy who may or may not deliver as opposed the guy you know its gonna be awesome?

Franchise
01-24-2015, 08:44 PM
WWE, despite what Vince says, abhors making new top-level stars. It took Hogan jumping to WCW to make Bret the #1 guy. It took Montreal to make it Austin. It took Austin taking his ball and going home to make it Brock. It took the NFL to make it Cena. There have been other big stars along the way (Savage, Warrior, HBK, Luger, Rock, HHH, Angle, Orton, Punk were all solid #2 players), but until something catastrophic happens to Cena, no one will ever get the opportunity to carry the company.

Let's not kid ourselves that Bryan winning the title would make him The Guy. This will always be Cena's company until the day he dies/leaves. But, if you have the chance to capitalize on the most popular guy on your roster WHILE HE'S HOT, you do it.

People seem to be getting the wrong end of the stick here.

I never said Bryan wasn't popular, I just don't think he's particularly good or worthy of that position.

I feel the same way about Lesnar all he is a big, brutish bag of steroids, about as much mic skills as a soft-boiled egg and the IQ of a soft-boiled egg and yet as a part-timer who clearly has no interest or passion for the wrestling business or its fans, he's made the WWE champ and was given the distinction of ending the streak. He is imo (my opinion) one of the most overrated and undeserving superstars of all time and the BS he produced at WM 20 still lingers in my mind. In that respect I would advocate Bryan being a champion as at least he is there week in week out when he isn't injured and I don't doubt he puts in an incredible amount of hard work. With Lesnar it seems every other day on TPWW news or elsewhere there is talk of him going back to UFC it seems that way since he came back.

My issue with Bryan is that I can't see in what capacity he is going to be placed in the main-even picture again once this current storyline is over. This storyline was ideal for him i.e. the loser vs the evil boss etc. He fits that bill. But what happens when it's over?

Franchise
01-24-2015, 08:50 PM
And you think people won't tire of Romans get beat a little then Superman punch and spear and then cut a really bland promo routine the fact that I can see it this early is telling. Bryan's "Yes" may get old his fight against the Authority cannot last but he has a certain charisma its not like the Rock its its own thing and more low key(except for his intense moments) but having said all that its Bryan's in ring-ability combined with those other factors that gets him over every time. It really is saying something in the world of sports entertainment that a crowd gets behind a guy because he can wrestle. When Bryan steps in the ring I know I'm in for a treat bell to bell and that's exciting to me. Not only that but because its the WWE there's certain popular moves a wrestler will hit with DB you know if he had to reach into his wrestling well he would he can always change it up (see vs CM Punk) Roman is a pretty face a few flashy but monotonous moves and the charisma and mic skills of a parking barrier (some of that may be Vince's meddling but the guy wasn't a strong promo to start with) And you'd rather see him vs Brock as opposed to the complete epic Brock could have with Bryan? You'd go with the guy who may or may not deliver vs the guy you know its gonna be awesome?

You make it sound as if he is the only person who had in-ring ability. Bret Hart is considered one of the best, Chris Jericho, even RVD and Punk and dare I say it even Chris Benoit. The latter is controversial I know but he was popular in his prime and more than anything was noted for his skill. But perhaps his more imposing physique than Bryan's made him more of match for main a main event fixture etc.

I should have put Kurt Angle in the above list.

loopydate
01-24-2015, 08:51 PM
I don't know. Sounds like a good reason to keep tuning in every week to find out what they can come up with, doesn't it? If I knew what the next plot was going to be, why would I watch?

Ruien
01-24-2015, 08:51 PM
A new feud starts just like it would for anyone. That is like saying what happens to Reigns after the Big Show feud is done. We don't know yet because we can't see into the future.

Franchise
01-24-2015, 08:56 PM
A new feud starts just like it would for anyone. That is like saying what happens to Reigns after the Big Show feud is done. We don't know yet because we can't see into the future.

Agreed but will anything be as exciting? And I refer to Bryan in some main-event capacity.

Team Hell No worked because it was funny in some respects.

Big Show hasn't been "exciting" for a long time but what exactly can you do with a 7ft monster except have him bully people, punch their lights out and have a 700th heel turn? How the days of Show/Giant headlining title matches must seem like a lifetime ago.

Ruien
01-24-2015, 09:01 PM
I am sure if the writers make it exciting it will be. Don't see how that has anything to do with Bryan. He can go against Rollins and it will easily be entertaining. Could even do a Cena vs Bryan feud at the next major ppv. Turning Reigns heel (Which can be argued is needed) and have him try to be a bully to Bryan. But the thing is, none of this is up to Bryan really. He just needs to go out there and be entertaining like he has been since before Team Hell No.

Franchise
01-24-2015, 09:02 PM
I don't know. Sounds like a good reason to keep tuning in every week to find out what they can come up with, doesn't it? If I knew what the next plot was going to be, why would I watch?

The point is how can it be any more appropriate than the current storyline?

Him battling the odds is part of the appeal and to others it's almost a reminder of the Austin v McMahon feuds except with a more family feel.

I hope WWE do the right thing and allow Reigns to win. Rollins walks out the RR with the title setting up a Rollins v Reigns match for WM.

If you want a David and Goliath clash how about Bryan v Rusev? Rusev is that huge he's about 5'11 billed height so that would be minus an inch or two.

KIRA
01-24-2015, 09:04 PM
You make it sound as if he is the only person who had in-ring ability. Bret Hart is considered one of the best, Chris Jericho, even RVD and Punk and dare I say it even Chris Benoit. The latter is controversial I know but he was popular in his prime and more than anything was noted for his skill. But perhaps his more imposing physique than Bryan's made him more of match for main a main event fixture etc.

I should have put Kurt Angle in the above list.

I'm glad you pointed it out I was gonna mention Dolph and Ambrose because I root for them just as hard and I want them in the main event I went with DB because he is in the main-event scene right now I'm taking day by day and keeping my fingers crossed with Dolph and I weep when I think of Ambrose being on fire last year and I didn't claim DB was better in-ring(RVD is one I take issue with but never mind) than any of the names you mentioned that's another debate.

I only mentioned Roman because he is terrible and they are making a Huge mistake pushing him when he's this awful

loopydate
01-24-2015, 09:07 PM
Him battling the odds is part of the appeal and to others it's almost a reminder of the Austin v McMahon feuds except with a more family feel.

You're right. Austin was never the same after that feud ended. As soon as he'd vanquished the Corporation he just slid back down the card because that was the only story they could possibly tell with him.

Franchise
01-24-2015, 09:09 PM
I'm glad you pointed it out I was gonna mention Dolph and Ambrose because I root for them just as hard and I want them in the main event I went with DB because he is in the main-event scene right now I'm taking day by day and keeping my fingers crossed with Dolph and I weep when I think of Ambrose being on fire last year and I didn't claim DB was better in-ring(RVD is one I take issue with but never mind) than any of the names you mentioned that's another debate.

I only mentioned Roman because he is terrible and they are making a Huge mistake pushing him when he's this awful

Dolph Ziggler is someone I feel is more deserving of a main-event push and has been biding his time now in the WWE for a number of years. He gets a huge pop as shown by the reaction at Survivor Series and afterwards.

WWE should be pushing all these stars together at the same time rather than just the one.

Even Ryback had potential and still does to an extent.

And I go back to the point I made earlier either in this thread or another in that winning the RR is exactly the shining glory it once was given that the title match hasn't always closed out the show and often gets screwed around with i.e. into a triple threat etc.

If it was a case of an old-fashion one on one, challenger v champion, singles match, closing out the show, then great.

This year that won't be the case as I envisage Sting v Triple H to be the match to close the show given what would be on the line and as it may well symbolically be the end of the Authority.

Even if Bryan doesn't win the Rumble, would you be surprised if he was once again some how inserted into the title match?

Furthermore my major concern about Bryan is his ability to take hard knocks and given the length and severity of his recent injury, I an sceptical about how long Bryan may actually last in the business.

This has been an issue with Rey too although he lasted much longer and it's an issue that essentially put the brakes on Sin Cara ever making it big.

Franchise
01-24-2015, 09:10 PM
You're right. Austin was never the same after that feud ended. As soon as he'd vanquished the Corporation he just slid back down the card because that was the only story they could possibly tell with him.

No you idiot I meant the Bryan v Authority storyline is like the Austin feud but in more family friendly era.

Bryan isn't even a tenth of what Austin was and never will be.

loopydate
01-24-2015, 09:14 PM
Ah. Impressed it took 125 points for the name-calling to start, to be perfectly honest (and my first neg rep - featuring more name-calling - in probably three years to boot!)

Clearly, my post was a joke meant to illustrate that just because one feud encompasses a wrestler's career does not mean that his time at the top ends when the feud does. I never compared Bryan's popularity to Austin's. You're right. There will never be another Austin. I hate Austin's guts, but he's possibly the biggest star in the history of the industry.

Ruien
01-24-2015, 09:19 PM
Wait, you mean STD has not neg repped you in three years? He neg reps everyone it seems.

loopydate
01-24-2015, 09:19 PM
I know, right? I feel like I'm missing out on a vital part of the TPWW experience.

KIRA
01-24-2015, 09:20 PM
Wait, you mean STD has not neg repped you in three years? He neg reps everyone it seems.

He hasn't neg repped me in fact there was a string of positives

Ruien
01-24-2015, 09:25 PM
He does give a lot of positive rep to me too. Just negative ones randomly for the most random stuff.

Ruien
01-24-2015, 09:25 PM
On a other note, good work Franchise on making a hit thread about wrestling. It is pretty rare something takes off this fast/is this good anymore.

Franchise
01-24-2015, 09:26 PM
Ah. Impressed it took 125 points for the name-calling to start, to be perfectly honest (and my first neg rep - featuring more name-calling - in probably three years to boot!)

Clearly, my post was a joke meant to illustrate that just because one feud encompasses a wrestler's career does not mean that his time at the top ends when the feud does. I never compared Bryan's popularity to Austin's. You're right. There will never be another Austin. I hate Austin's guts, but he's possibly the biggest star in the history of the industry.

Who said I was name calling? Besides mine was a joke too ;)

It's almost as if you were trying to use my Bryan analogy with Austin. Austin had versatility in the sense that so many of his matches and feuds were memorable. He had the fit to be placed in so many storylines and still be relevant in the main-event picture.

loopydate
01-24-2015, 09:26 PM
On a other note, good work Franchise on making a hit thread about wrestling. It is pretty rare something takes off this fast/is this good anymore.

Word.

These things fizzle out pretty quickly here. I miss the old days ('03-06ish) when we could fill pages with discussion on a single topic.

Ruien
01-24-2015, 09:29 PM
Franchise, who do you think will be the biggest draw to headline this WrestleMania? Not talking about what will happen/what is best after the fact. I mean, who do you think people will want to see/pay to see in the main event.

Franchise
01-24-2015, 09:31 PM

Not sure whether that's sarcasm at my expense.

I just don't get why everyone seems to be getting their knickers in a twist over the fact I just don't consider Daniel Bryan to be any good?

Maybe I am like The Authority in thinking wrestlers should be of a certain style or mould.

And it's not like we haven't had anyone come before who had technique and physical prowess e.g. Hart, Angle, Benoit weren't exactly pussies were they?

KIRA
01-24-2015, 09:32 PM
Who said I was name calling? Besides mine was a joke too ;)

It's almost as if you were trying to use my Bryan analogy with Austin. Austin had versatility in the sense that so many of his matches and feuds were memorable. He had the fit to be placed in so many storylines and still be relevant in the main-event picture.

You mean versatility as far as being a face goes right because Bryan was an effective jerkass heel.

Franchise
01-24-2015, 09:45 PM
Franchise, who do you think will be the biggest draw to headline this WrestleMania? Not talking about what will happen/what is best after the fact. I mean, who do you think people will want to see/pay to see in the main event.

A Shield triple threat for the title match if not Reigns v Rollins. Everyone is fussing about Reigns not winning the crowd over in recent weeks but little over a month ago he was voted superstar of the year. Even I was surprised by that and thought that despite his lengthy absence and me not rating him highly, Daniel Bryan deserved the 2014 award for his work up to WM 30. The fact he was absent afterwards due to compassionate leave and injury shouldn't have affected that. But clearly the fans rated Roman Reigns and despite a not so enthusiastic reaction, he is still regarded as a big deal.

If he was in a fit state to return to the ring, then I would say Undertaker v Brock Lesnar where Taker can avenge his defeat and then retire on a high note having beaten all his WM opponents. However unless my bold prediction in another thread were to materialise, I suspect we've seen the last of the Undertaker in a WWE ring, fighting anyways.

The biggest draw imo will be Sting v Triple H and not in a biased view. Despite the speculation that he wouldn't win over fans because of his age etc, the crowds at Raw and Survivor Series went wild. Everyone seems to think the PG era has meant the fans are simply pre-pubescent children. Incorrect. Clearly there is a sizeable proportion who are hardcore wrestling fans and who know of Sting's legacy and reputation and realise that him being in the WWE despite his age, is a big deal. Furthermore we seem to make the mistake in thinking that those who watch WWE don't follow wrestling in general and I'm sure there plenty of fans out there who also watch TNA and ROH and hence even if they are PG fans etc, they will know Sting from there.

Sting v Triple H will no doubt close the show and imo HAS to close the show given that there will most likely be a huge stipulation on the line. Not to mention the fact that this is the WWE wrestling and Wrestlemania debut of one of most iconic and legendary superstars of all time. The man who for years was the star attraction over in WCW and a shining light in the Monday Night Wars.

You guys seem to be sarcastic about things most of the time but I don't understand how you can't see the magnitude of that and why WWE wouldn't want to place that as the final match i.e. the build up to it, decades in the making etc. Somehow given the wrangling it took to eventually sign him, I don't think Sting would have put pen to paper only to fight mid-card in what could essentially be his one and only match in the WWE and at Wrestlemania. The fact he is there and has been thrust into a prime position in terms of storylines despite his age and speculated "unknown quantity with the fans" status, shows how revered he is not only by WWE but wrestling fans in general.

So let's be honest whatever happens with the Rumble and the title situation, it will still be second to last match on the card if not further down the pecking order.

Franchise
01-24-2015, 09:47 PM
You mean versatility as far as being a face goes right because Bryan was an effective jerkass heel.

Versatility in the sense that so many of Austin's matches were memorable and he had rivalries with pretty much every big star of the day. In comparison other than WM 30 and Summerslam, I don't feel Bryan has had those iconic moments, although I'm open to being corrected....

Franchise
01-24-2015, 09:53 PM
As much as it goes against what I said before about the title matches at WM, for this year I would actually like to see perhaps a 4 way titlematch, heck why not a cage elimination match?

There are so many worthy stars on the roster whom I feel deserve a title shot alongside Bryan as it appears everyone here are Bryan fanatics: Rollins, Ziggler, Ambrose, Wyatt.

That Wyatt has yet to hold a belt I feel is criminal. He is someone I feel has the fit, skills, charisma etc to be a big star.

Given the fact the Elimination Chamber PPV has been axed there's no reason why they couldn't utilise it as a gimmick although I think the main issue was to do with arenas and stadiums being able to handle the structure etc.

KIRA
01-24-2015, 09:59 PM
I really wanna defend him by saying he's only had so many big matches and his only big feud has been with the Authority (As far as being an A player goes)

That said I remember his no DQ match with Orton on RAW fondly

His match with CM Punk at over the limit

does him choking people with a tie and spitting in Cenas face before kicking him in the head count

When he took out the shield by himself.

Turning on the Wyatts

You did say moments

Franchise
01-24-2015, 10:03 PM
I really wanna defend him by saying he's only had so many big matches and his only big feud has been with the Authority (As far as being an A player goes)

That said I remember his no DQ match with Orton on RAW fondly

His match with CM Punk at over the limit

does him choking people with a tie and spitting in Cenas face before kicking him in the head count

When he took out the shield by himself.

Turning on the Wyatts

You did say moments

None of those really stand out. His memorable moments only seem to be him getting computer geeks from Penn State or some weird ass college like Villanova into the ring and have them chant Yes.

Heyman
01-24-2015, 10:05 PM
I do think that Bryan has had more 'moments' than Franchise is giving credit, but I also worry that Bryan could get stale pretty quickly.

Even last year, I got a sense that Bryan wasn't quite getting the same level of pops post Wrestlemania, in comparison to mid 2013-Royal Rumble 2014.

Franchise
01-24-2015, 10:08 PM
I do think that Bryan has had more 'moments' than Franchise is giving credit, but I also worry that Bryan could get stale pretty quickly.

Even last year, I got a sense that Bryan wasn't quite getting the same level of pops post Wrestlemania, in comparison to mid 2013-Royal Rumble 2014.

Maybe but as you can tell I'm not a Bryan fan.

But worst thing that could happen at the RR imo is Lesnar going home with the title.

I has much disdain for him as I do Bryan perhaps more so. He's the most undeserving and overrated "wrestler" that ever set foot in the ring and hope that when he leaves this time, he never returns.

KIRA
01-24-2015, 10:09 PM
Maybe but as you can tell I'm not a Bryan fan.

But worst thing that could happen at the RR imo is Lesnar going home with the title.

I has much disdain for him as I do Bryan perhaps more so. He's the most undeserving and overrated "wrestler" that ever set foot in the ring and hope that when he leaves this time, he never returns.

Ok what makes Roman so much better ?

Heyman
01-24-2015, 10:11 PM
He's the most undeserving and overrated "wrestler" that ever set foot in the ring and hope that when he leaves this time, he never returns.

That may be the case, but you can't deny the fact that a clean victory over Brock Lesnar at Wrestlemania would do absolute WONDERS for the victor (whether that's Bryan, Reigns, etc.).

A clean victory over Lesnar would be more meaningful than a clean victory over Cena or anyone else.

That's why I hope that Lesnar does in fact, main-event at Wrestlemania.

Franchise
01-24-2015, 10:15 PM
Ok what makes Roman so much better ?

Not an awful lot but at least he doesn't treat WWE like a bit on the side or a hotel where he can come and go as he pleases.

But my blame should be directed at WWE rather than Lesnar as they're the ones who allowed the contract to happen.

Reigns has the look/mould and is young so has time on his side.

Let's be honest you can't legitimately say Lesnar is a great wrestler/superstar?

Helmsphere
01-24-2015, 10:15 PM
Cena wins the Triple Threat Match.

Brock becomes Angry Brock, Enters Rumble...Wins Rumble...

Franchise
01-24-2015, 10:18 PM
That may be the case, but you can't deny the fact that a clean victory over Brock Lesnar at Wrestlemania would do absolute WONDERS for the victor (whether that's Bryan, Reigns, etc.).

A clean victory over Lesnar would be more meaningful than a clean victory over Cena or anyone else.

That's why I hope that Lesnar does in fact, main-event at Wrestlemania.

If it were up to me and clearly it isn't and it seems many of you are glad it isn't, Lesnar should be mid card for life given the BS he produced at WM XX and even last year that match with Taker was absolutely terrible to watch. Taker was perhaps the key figure in the rubbish but there was just no chemistry between the two.

Lesnar has absolutely no qualities as an in-ring performer or on the mic. To get a few words out of his mouth seems a strain on his cognitive functions. I don't mean to be nasty to the guy, he might a decent guy in real life. But if it wasn't the fact he looked like a thug and WWE had a role for him or even in some fighting career, he'd be doing what exactly?

Franchise
01-24-2015, 10:19 PM
Cena wins the Triple Threat Match.

Brock becomes Angry Brock, Enters Rumble...Wins Rumble...

That would be truly terrible.

But we all seem to be assuming the rumble match is closing the show which I don't think it will.

If the Undertaker were to return to cost Lesnar the title as per my wild prediction, then surely you want that to be the closing moment of the night?

KIRA
01-24-2015, 10:29 PM

I'd agree about him getting old quickly were it not for the fact that wrestling fans love shtick it seems.even Having said that I understand Franchise's dislike of DB I mean I can't stand Hogan and people call me nuts and a liar when I say I was never a fan (My introduction to wrestling consisted of being in love with The Undertaker character) so I had no use for some balding old man with a terrible finisher.

those moments don't stand out to you because as you said you don't really like DB
I do wanna address the whole he's not on Austins level and never will be comment. It was a different landscape and all these different things factor in Audience,Technology and so forth its unfair to look at Bryan and judge him by the period where wrestling was so hot it burned blue.(even if we were to go by the attitude era scale the response Bryan has gotten is still monstrous) interestingly enough a lot of those legends you mentioned seem to be fans of DB as well.

Franchise
01-24-2015, 10:34 PM
I'd agree about him getting old quickly were it not for the fact that wrestling fans love shtick it seems.even Having said that I understand Franchise's dislike of DB I mean I can't stand Hogan and people call me nuts and a liar when I say I was never a fan (My introduction to wrestling consisted of being in love with The Undertaker character) so I had no use for some balding old man with a terrible finisher.

those moments don't stand out to you because as you said you don't really like DB
I do wanna address the whole he's not on Austins level and never will be comment. It was a different landscape and all these different things factor in Audience,Technology and so forth its unfair to look at Bryan and judge him by the period where wrestling was so hot it burned blue.(even if we were to go by the attitude era scale the response Bryan has gotten is still monstrous) interestingly enough a lot of those legends you mentioned seem to be fans of DB as well.

Well I accept that I may well be in a minority of Daniel Bryan haters. Actually I don't hate him but I just don't see his mass appeal.

If truth be told post 2008 my deep passion for wrestling waned and I tune in for nostalgic value and the only superstar of this current active crop I truly rate is John Cena. The divas division I don't have issue with as their neither outstanding nor terrible although I wouldn't say no to Paige.

If anyone (imo) was the prime example of the zero to hero persona/storyline then it was Mick Foley but he dished out as much pain as he received.

KIRA
01-24-2015, 10:39 PM
Not an awful lot but at least he doesn't treat WWE like a bit on the side or a hotel where he can come and go as he pleases.

But my blame should be directed at WWE rather than Lesnar as they're the ones who allowed the contract to happen.

Reigns has the look/mould and is young so has time on his side.

Let's be honest you can't legitimately say Lesnar is a great wrestler/superstar?

I meant Roman as relates to Bryan but no I'm not huge on Brock the fact that he ended the Streak still pisses me off like crazy

I was gonna say the same to you Bryan has time on his side Reigns does too

But that is a sore spot for me WWE wise what you can do means jackshit as long as you have the look it makes that brass ring statement an even bigger pile of bullshit than it already was. I Wanna say it makes being in the company pointless if you know you're not what they are looking for but then I thought maybe its not about being at the top for everyone for some it might just be getting paid to travel and do what you love.

KIRA
01-24-2015, 10:45 PM
Well I accept that I may well be in a minority of Daniel Bryan haters. Actually I don't hate him but I just don't see his mass appeal.

If truth be told post 2008 my deep passion for wrestling waned and I tune in for nostalgic value and the only superstar of this current active crop I truly rate is John Cena. The divas division I don't have issue with as their neither outstanding nor terrible although I wouldn't say no to Paige.

If anyone (imo) was the prime example of the zero to hero persona/storyline then it was Mick Foley but he dished out as much pain as he received.
Ignoring everything else
The divas division has ALICIA FOX!

Franchise
01-24-2015, 10:45 PM
I meant Roman as relates to Bryan but no I'm not huge on Brock the fact that he ended the Streak still pisses me off like crazy

I was gonna say the same to you Bryan has time on his side Reigns does too

But that is a sore spot for me WWE wise what you can do means jackshit as long as you have the look it makes that brass ring statement an even bigger pile of bullshit than it already was. I Wanna say it makes being in the company pointless if you know you're not what they are looking for but then I thought maybe its not about being at the top for everyone for some it might just be getting paid to travel and do what you love.

Well the truth is I'm not that hot on the current crop of "superstars" and the way storylines are being booked and the whole mentality of WWE behind the scenes i.e. the whole how allowing a part-timer to hold the belt, or even not managing to get Sting to make more appearances regularly. Imagine the psychological mind games he could play with Triple H and the Authority, the smoke, scorpions dropping down from above the ring, taking out the authority with a baseball bat, emerging from beneath the ring. Sure he's 56 and perhaps doesn't want to travel around to much but it'd have made awesome viewing.

Bray Wyatt's character suffers from the fact it's strictly a PG era. I don't see the harm in making it TV-14/PG-14.

I mean even back in the Attitude era a significant proportion of viewers and fans were young children and families. It's sports entertainment and it's not like it's any more or less violent. but I just wonder if it were the Attitude era, would Wyatt's character have been darker, creepier etc?

Rusev is also unbeaten and I don't if it's just me but this fact seems to have gone completely unnoticed and surely at some point this year should he continue to be unbeaten, he has to figure in the title picture or at least a MITB winner?

Franchise
01-24-2015, 10:46 PM
I want to re-emphasise my prediction concerning the Undertaker as I think it is a strong possibility.

Let's be honest who wouldn't want to see that? Undertaker costing Lesnar the title?

KIRA
01-24-2015, 11:14 PM
It would be great to see Taker cost Lesnar the belt I wanna make something clear I don't necessarily want DB v Lesnar for the belt I just want the match.

So a Taker Lesnar rematch it kinda seems pointless though the streak is over(same reason I don't think Taker V Wyatt at mania won't mean anything.)

The only thing I like about Rusev is that badass kick he has.

Franchise
01-24-2015, 11:24 PM
It would be great to see Taker cost Lesnar the belt I wanna make something clear I don't necessarily want DB v Lesnar for the belt I just want the match.

So a Taker Lesnar rematch it kinda seems pointless though the streak is over(same reason I don't think Taker V Wyatt at mania won't mean anything.)

The only thing I like about Rusev is that badass kick he has.

Well it means something in the sense that it's Taker's opportunity to avenge his defeat and whilst losing his streak, he can still retain the distinction of having beaten every one of his WM opponents. Though Goldberg can say the same too lol.

I can't imagine the Undertaker character wanting to end on a defeat or at least not getting some measure of revenge. We haven't seen him on TV since WM XXX and thus hasn't had a chance to address the loss to Lesnar. It makes more sense for him to go after Lesnar much how he pursued Triple H in wanting to be able to beat him and walk out on his own power/legs.

I simply can't see Taker ignoring the defeat and focussing on Wyatt or someone else. Certainly not Sting. Dare I say it, fighting Wyatt would a huge step down for Taker regardless of whether or not it would do wonders for Wyatt. Nothing good can come out of having him wrestle someone with such a huge age gap especially given his apparent lack of physical ability from last years WM. It would be abysmal to watch.

Wishbone
01-25-2015, 01:04 AM
In response to Franchise I just want to say that you, sir, are the very definition of bias. You keep spouting out that "there are more guys on the roster than Bryan", but what that actually boils down to is "I don't like Bryan and I want to see my favorite superstars pushed more".

Every reason you've given for Bryan being unworthy is purely based on your own hatred of him, and on your own bias toward other wrestlers. Ziggler, much as I love him, is no better suited to be "face of the company" than Bryan. If Bryan isn't face of the company material then Dolph certainly isn't. Same thing goes for Wyatt, Cesaro, etc.

You've even admitted it yourself that you watch wrestling out of nostalgia. It's time to face facts, Jack. The WWE isn't a static thing. New stars need to be born, and those new stars will never live up to your standards because you're wearing rose tinted nostalgia glasses that will always make your favorites from the past seem better (even though they aren't).

I mean for Christ's sake you keep saying Sting vs Triple H should and WILL be the main event at 'Mania, but it won't. I honestly don't care how much you THINK it will, it won't, period. It will be a major selling point and one of the main events of 'Mania, but it will not be THE main event of 'Mania. Sting vs Triple H isn't that big a deal with WWE's current fanbase. Most kids don't even know who the hell Sting is. This match will be second banana to the title match and you can bank on that.

As for Bryan being done when the Authority storyline is over that's horse shit. First and foremost I'd like to point out that Authority storylines are a dime a dozen in pro-wrestling. Do you honestly believe that when the Authority is gone they'll stay gone? If so you seriously need to go back and watch some Network stuff because there's been an evil authority figure in wrestling almost consistently since the attitude era. GMs, COOs, CEOs, McMahons, whatever they've all been there nonstop and will continue to be. Even if Triple H and Steph are done after 'Mania there will be someone else in no time to fill the void. So even if Bryan were only capable of that one dynamic he'll always have that one dynamic to play off of. However, to say he can't do other things proves that you've either not been paying attention to him or are just too bias to admit you're wrong. Bryan has more than proven his range since his MitB win. I won't argue that he's a "Legend" because he's not (well, not yet), but the guy is every bit on the level of a Chris Benoit, Kurt Angle, or Bret Hart. Given a few more years he could even reach "light" legend status like those guys have. He'll never be a Hogan or Rock, but he can be and is an Angle or Hart easily. To say he'll flounder out in a year or two like you have is purely opinion, and purely bias.

XL
01-25-2015, 04:50 AM
AMEN, sister!!

XL
01-25-2015, 04:55 AM
They're not gonna put a one-shot deal vs. part-timer match above the WWE Title match at Mania. You might point to Cena-Rock closing out the show with a non-title match but that was a different scenario; Cena was there full time, Rock was coming back for Once In A Lifetime: The Sequel.

No way are they gonna put a match that puts over a guy who won't be coming back - a WCW guy to boot. If he goes over in the way you suggest - to end The Authority - then HHH is done (at least for the time being). Who benefits in the long run? Who gets the rub leading out of Mania and into the next set of PPVs?

KIRA
01-25-2015, 09:08 AM
In response to Franchise I just want to say that you, sir, are the very definition of bias. You keep spouting out that "there are more guys on the roster than Bryan", but what that actually boils down to is "I don't like Bryan and I want to see my favorite superstars pushed more".

Every reason you've given for Bryan being unworthy is purely based on your own hatred of him, and on your own bias toward other wrestlers. Ziggler, much as I love him, is no better suited to be "face of the company" than Bryan. If Bryan isn't face of the company material then Dolph certainly isn't. Same thing goes for Wyatt, Cesaro, etc.

You've even admitted it yourself that you watch wrestling out of nostalgia. It's time to face facts, Jack. The WWE isn't a static thing. New stars need to be born, and those new stars will never live up to your standards because you're wearing rose tinted nostalgia glasses that will always make your favorites from the past seem better (even though they aren't).

I mean for Christ's sake you keep saying Sting vs Triple H should and WILL be the main event at 'Mania, but it won't. I honestly don't care how much you THINK it will, it won't, period. It will be a major selling point and one of the main events of 'Mania, but it will not be THE main event of 'Mania. Sting vs Triple H isn't that big a deal with WWE's current fanbase. Most kids don't even know who the hell Sting is. This match will be second banana to the title match and you can bank on that.

As for Bryan being done when the Authority storyline is over that's horse shit. First and foremost I'd like to point out that Authority storylines are a dime a dozen in pro-wrestling. Do you honestly believe that when the Authority is gone they'll stay gone? If so you seriously need to go back and watch some Network stuff because there's been an evil authority figure in wrestling almost consistently since the attitude era. GMs, COOs, CEOs, McMahons, whatever they've all been there nonstop and will continue to be. Even if Triple H and Steph are done after 'Mania there will be someone else in no time to fill the void. So even if Bryan were only capable of that one dynamic he'll always have that one dynamic to play off of. However, to say he can't do other things proves that you've either not been paying attention to him or are just too bias to admit you're wrong. Bryan has more than proven his range since his MitB win. I won't argue that he's a "Legend" because he's not (well, not yet), but the guy is every bit on the level of a Chris Benoit, Kurt Angle, or Bret Hart. Given a few more years he could even reach "light" legend status like those guys have. He'll never be a Hogan or Rock, but he can be and is an Angle or Hart easily. To say he'll flounder out in a year or two like you have is purely opinion, and purely bias.

Thats what I'm talking about, Franchise you almost make it sound like none of us remember or experenced the Attitude era we do and we did, which is why so many of us can still say Bryan is fucking awesome. Hes not just the best we could find in an era of utter shite hes legitimately a badass likeable superstar in his own right we're basically saying yea we can stack him against our heros of yester year and he's still the goods.

Corndad
01-25-2015, 10:08 AM
Ah hell with it. Cena wins the title, Orton wins Rumble. Cena/Orton A bazzillion and one happens.

That's the worst. Unless Cena is heel... which ain't ever happening.

Blonde Moment
01-25-2015, 10:48 AM
Cena wins match by pinning Lesnar while Rollins is out of the ring. Rollins clocks Cena with the briefcase cashes in and is pinned due to interference from Orton.

Meanwhile the Rock wins the RR after pinning Reigns

WM 31
Rock vs Cena
Sting/Orton vs HHH/Rollins
Brock vs Undertaker
Daniel Bryan vs Rusev
Divas fluff match
Wyatt vs Ambrose
Reigns wins the Andre the Giant memorial
Ascension vs Either the Dudleys or the Brotherhood

Shadrick
01-25-2015, 03:36 PM
Cena wins match by pinning Lesnar while Rollins is out of the ring. Rollins clocks Cena with the briefcase cashes in and is pinned due to interference from Orton.

Meanwhile the Rock wins the RR after pinning Reigns

WM 31
Rock vs Cena
Sting/Orton vs HHH/Rollins
Brock vs Undertaker
Daniel Bryan vs Rusev
Divas fluff match
Wyatt vs Ambrose
Reigns wins the Andre the Giant memorial
Ascension vs Either the Dudleys or the Brotherhood

Pinning him?

But yeah, Rock winning the Royal Rumble would legit be the worst thing.

Corndad
01-25-2015, 03:39 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/B8OOOoYIUAEAa78.jpg

Shadrick
01-25-2015, 05:09 PM
Rock being in the rumble to get eliminated by Rusev would be awesome.

#1-norm-fan
01-25-2015, 05:17 PM
Kinda wanna see Rock vs Bray Wyatt at WrestleMania all of a sudden.

Shadrick
01-25-2015, 05:36 PM
Brays promos would be absolutely beautiful.

Franchise
01-25-2015, 06:50 PM
Thats what I'm talking about, Franchise you almost make it sound like none of us remember or experenced the Attitude era we do and we did, which is why so many of us can still say Bryan is fucking awesome. Hes not just the best we could find in an era of utter shite hes legitimately a badass likeable superstar in his own right we're basically saying yea we can stack him against our heros of yester year and he's still the goods.

No wrestling fan/purist worth their salt would claim that Bryan is on par with the likes of Hart or Angle or even Benoit.

Bryan has skills but his physical stature/strength etc or lack of, results in him getting injured too regularly and chances are it won't be too long before he picks up another injury and worse still, perhaps has to call it a day.

I stand by my opinions, views, bias whatever you want to call it. Bryan isn't that good and certainly isn't the best of his generation and had Edge not retired or Punk not quit, he would be further down the pecking order.

Wade Barrett on the other hand has the ingredients to be a major star.

loopydate
01-25-2015, 07:15 PM
You're aware Angle and Benoit had histories of injury problems, right? Angle was driven out of WWE because of his neck problems. Benoit missed a year with a neck injury.

Blonde Moment
01-25-2015, 07:56 PM
No wrestling fan/purist worth their salt would claim that Bryan is on par with the likes of Hart or Angle or even Benoit.

Bryan has skills but his physical stature/strength etc or lack of, results in him getting injured too regularly and chances are it won't be too long before he picks up another injury and worse still, perhaps has to call it a day.

I stand by my opinions, views, bias whatever you want to call it. Bryan isn't that good and certainly isn't the best of his generation and had Edge not retired or Punk not quit, he would be further down the pecking order.

Wade Barrett on the other hand has the ingredients to be a major star.

Dolph is probably a concussion or two away from retirement while Barrett had been running neck and neck with Misterio as to who as spent the least amount of time in the ring over the past 2 years so really neither one of them are anyone they want to seriously invest in for a bit.

As for Bryan I think you are right about punk quitting being the reason why they bothered doing anything serious with him but I really don't believe we have had the opportunity to see how good he really is in the WWE yet and hope his injury shortening his carreer will be the only t hing he will be remembered for

Franchise
01-25-2015, 08:00 PM
Dolph is probably a concussion or two away from retirement while Barrett had been running neck and neck with Misterio as to who as spent the least amount of time in the ring over the past 2 years so really neither one of them are anyone they want to seriously invest in for a bit.

As for Bryan I think you are right about punk quitting being the reason why they bothered doing anything serious with him but I really don't believe we have had the opportunity to see how good he really is in the WWE yet and hope his injury shortening his carreer will be the only t hing he will be remembered for

As I keep saying my sentiments against Bryan are not set in stone and may well change over time. But if he really is the best this period of wrestling has to offer then wrestling really has declined in quality.