PDA

View Full Version : who needs repackaging,stat! pick 3 people

NormanSmiley
02-06-2015, 03:19 PM
The top three guys or divas that you think need to be repackaged soonest to give them a fresh start

Anybody Thrilla
02-06-2015, 03:25 PM
Fandango - They recently retried repacking him, but they basically just turned the wrapping paper inside out. The dude has too much talent for...whatever it is they've got him doing right now.

Jack Swagger - The Real American thing was good, but it has pretty much run its course. A very solid hand who could use a reboot and some sort of relevance injection.

Roman Reigns - Not so much a repackage, but he could stand to lose the vest.

Damian Rey
02-06-2015, 03:28 PM
Feel like not running vignettes hyping his return kind of hurt Reigns' momentum during his injury. They could've developed a new, fresh direction for his character including attire and music while he was hurt. Instead they just kept him as is and its been underwhelming.

Nicky Fives
02-06-2015, 03:37 PM
Heath Slater - guy has the goods, just needs to play up his personality.....
Stardust - was good while it lasted, but Rhodes is destined to bigger and better things...
Titus O'Neil - the barking just needs to stop....

Simple Fan
02-06-2015, 04:11 PM
Fandango stop the dancing.
Bo Dallas should be Bo Wyatt
Adam Rose needs to lose the Rosebuds.

KIRA
02-06-2015, 04:12 PM
Kofi Kingston-again get him away from the new day and let him be more aggressive he's shown the ability to move away from an aw shucks nice guy who jumps well.

Adam Rose-the gimmick sucks

Fandango- he's SOOOO much more than that shitty dance gimmick and it's obvious.

On A side note I just re watched the Stone Cold/McMahon podcast and I realized Vince said he's not outta touch the fact that he doesn't think so really bad for that company.

Oh and Alicia Fox not so much a repackaging more consistency.

Evil Vito
02-06-2015, 04:16 PM
<font color=goldenrod>I'll just say Sheamus. He badly needs a heel turn to keep him fresh. His character is possibly the biggest asshole on the roster, so I would like to see him make the natural transition to heel rather than be the guy we're supposed to cheer for even though he's a complete jerk.</font>

Ultra Mantis
02-06-2015, 04:42 PM
Fandango - Johnny Curtis, please.

Stardust - Cody is capable of being a great upper midcard guy, but this gimmick his not getting him anywhere and if anything I'd say he is less over since he started using it.

The New Day, but mostly Xavier Woods - Garbage gimmick, completely squandered any interest anyone had in seeing these three get freshened up or turning heel. Kofi might have some untapped heel potential but Xavier Woods in particular has a lot more to offer than this.

Ruien
02-06-2015, 05:17 PM
New Day

Ruien
02-06-2015, 05:18 PM
Fandango - Character needs to evolve at some point right?

Jack Swagger - He was Ruseved over and over

Sheamus - Get some life into the guy. He is amazing but he needs a personality.

Emperor Smeat
02-06-2015, 05:47 PM
Stardust - Started off great with Cody channeling his inner Rhodes weirdness but now just stuck doing nothing in the typical tag team holding pattern.

Rowan - Not a complete rehaul but needs some sort of real direction after the dumb decision to have Big Show kill all momentum he had from Survivor Series.

Titus O'Neil - Has the big man body Vince loves but shockingly hasn't really done anything of note since PTP broke up. Slator Gator seemed like a good move till Slater's legal issues.

Would have said Ceasro prior to teaming up with Kidd as someone who really needed a rehauling of sorts considering how badly the WWE bungled his post-Mania run.

Heyman
02-06-2015, 06:03 PM
I'm only going to focus on guys that I think can be successful Top Faces or Top Heels for the company.

1) Cesaro - I don't know if it's possible at this point, but I'd have Cesaro go back to using Jack Swagger's theme music (Swagger gets a new theme) and have Cesaro start using the 'airplane' move again. Basically - get Cesaro to be the guy that he was before last year's Wrestlemania.

2) Randy Orton - Turn Orton face again when he returns (and goes after Seth Rollins), but give him a more aggressive side. Get Orton to start punting people in the head again. Make the guy a complete badass in every way. Basically - have him play a similar character to when he first started Legacy in 2008, but just be a FACE version of that.

3) The Wyatt Family: I'd strongly reconsider re-uniting the Wyatt's, and giving Bray a legit main-event push. Luke Harper seems to have stagnated, while Erik Rowan is plummeting. Bray Wyatt's star is on the rise, and I think it would be better for Bray if the Wyatt's re-united.

SlickyTrickyDamon
02-06-2015, 06:18 PM
Bo Dallas- Has to go back to being the delusional guy who thinks he's the top babyface. Drop being inspirational as a main focus and just be fake happy all the time. Also switch his music back to "I'll do anything."

Darren Young: Say he's sick of being held down because he's black and gay. Make him be the reason the New Day turn heel. It's time for a New Day when they aren't being taken advantage of. Kofi can say he's sick of being used as one-a-year spot monkey at the Royal Rumble. Big E can say he was the NXT Champion, IC Champion and on the virge of superstar-dome unil it all went away. Xavier Woods can become Lord Zedd.

Harper and Rowan: Should still be a tag team just without Bray. Really dumb how they broke them up with the chemistry they had and how close they were to tag team gold with the Usos. I guess all of the "THIS IS AWESOME" chants for a fucking tag team match we're making people jealous?

RiX1024
02-07-2015, 10:26 AM
Adam Rose: Drops the Rosebuds

Zack Ryder: Turn him heel and make him serious....bro

Swagger: The Real American patriot gimmick is so 1980's

Jura
02-07-2015, 11:03 AM
I had a daydream I would like to fill you guys in on. I may have mentioned it slightly a long time ago but here we go:

Fandango, Zack Ryder and Ted DiBiase come out in suits and have an arrogant "I look better than you" attitude. It's not really a stretch for Ted but a Zack Ryder that people can take serious would be interesting to see and he's a big guy and very athletic so I'd like to see him use that in a serious, technical manner instead of goofy guido guy.

Lock Jaw
02-07-2015, 12:26 PM
Fandango - He really is the "obvious" choice here.... having as much talent as he does, and having to be stuck in a gimmick. Bring back Johnny Curtis (and Maxine)

Big E - I think he's got the chops... why they never ran with his whole five count gimmick (despite giving him a song that referenced it) is beyond me.... he could definitely be a solid hand. I think I read somewhere maybe that Vince was actually really high on him and wanted him to be "the next guy", but Triple H wanted Roman Reigns

Sin Cara - A faceless man just will never get over. Hunico has so much talent and charisma and you are shackling him with the dead weight of a doomed-to-fail gimmick. Either do away with the character entirely and let him wrestle without a mask, or dramatically change the mask to show more of his face.

Jura
02-07-2015, 01:36 PM
http://oi62.tinypic.com/wswzly.jpg

Rammsteinmad
02-07-2015, 03:03 PM
Half the roster.

Chimera
02-07-2015, 03:50 PM
1.)

http://www.chwbackyard.com/uploads/2/5/4/6/25465882/7643445.jpg

Xacutor. The mask and the outfit has got to go it's gotten old and he dont really live up to the gimmick. This guy has some serious charisma and taking off the mask can propel him to new height.

2.)

http://www.chwbackyard.com/uploads/2/5/4/6/25465882/2081205.jpg

Robb Banks.

He is a jobber but I think using him as a jobber is a waste and he can be a good asset if he took off the costume and got repackaged. I am sure CHW can get another jobber, I want to see what Robb Banks can do!

3.)

http://www.chwbackyard.com/uploads/2/5/4/6/25465882/5579446.jpg

Xristo Diavlo. He is a good wrestler and plays the gothic badass monster well but lets face it, gothic badass monsters are SO 1999. Xristo is really good on the mic, one of the best talkers in CHW and I think he may actually make a good face. Time for Xristo to be reborn!

These are my choice for the top 3 wrestlers who need repackaging.

Shisen Kopf
02-07-2015, 05:03 PM
Robb Banks is no jobber. You shut your mouth. Never speak ill of the living legend again.

Simple Fan
02-07-2015, 07:41 PM
1.)

http://www.chwbackyard.com/uploads/2/5/4/6/25465882/7643445.jpg

Xacutor. The mask and the outfit has got to go it's gotten old and he dont really live up to the gimmick. This guy has some serious charisma and taking off the mask can propel him to new height.

2.)

http://www.chwbackyard.com/uploads/2/5/4/6/25465882/2081205.jpg

Robb Banks.

He is a jobber but I think using him as a jobber is a waste and he can be a good asset if he took off the costume and got repackaged. I am sure CHW can get another jobber, I want to see what Robb Banks can do!

3.)

http://www.chwbackyard.com/uploads/2/5/4/6/25465882/5579446.jpg

Xristo Diavlo. He is a good wrestler and plays the gothic badass monster well but lets face it, gothic badass monsters are SO 1999. Xristo is really good on the mic, one of the best talkers in CHW and I think he may actually make a good face. Time for Xristo to be reborn!

These are my choice for the top 3 wrestlers who need repackaging.

No this has its own thread.

Tazz Dan
02-07-2015, 11:39 PM
Sin Cara - A faceless man just will never get over.

You mean, a man like Rey Mysterio?

Lock Jaw
02-07-2015, 11:59 PM
I mean "faceless" as in the full face mask. Rey didn't have the full mask, fans could see his emotions and "connect" with him.

Ruien
02-08-2015, 07:52 AM
Rey was also maskless at one point in WCW. Did the mask ever come off in WWE?

Ruien
02-08-2015, 07:54 AM
Sin Cara just needs to start talking and he will be fine.

The Condor
02-08-2015, 01:33 PM
Fandango needs more ham infused in character, much like in the beginning before he was derailed with injury. The current version of serious Fandango is just crap.

Sandow- Mizdow has run its course, it's time for the split and something new after a feud with Miz.

Roman Reigns- He's never been exciting or even vaguely interesting if he isn't hitting one of his two moves. Maybe not an overhaul, but something a little different than what we're getting.

Vastardikai
02-08-2015, 06:19 PM
Repackage Adam Rose into a nerdy character.

Have Zack Ryder drop his last name and have him just be a prep.

Repackage Heath Slater, dropping his first name, have him with a dancing jock gimmick.

Put them in a stable together Bring Kelly Kelly as their valet and Mr. Belding as their backstage leader.

Mr. Nerfect
02-08-2015, 06:53 PM
* Adam Rose dropping the Rosebuds is a good idea. Turn him into a darker character that reveals that he adopted the party lifestyle because he was running from something. Throw a bit of Leo Kruger in there, basically.

* Fandango really needs an overhaul. The character worked until about the time of his concussion, then they never properly got behind it again. Maybe someone like Paul Heyman could be the key to this? After WrestleMania, Heyman isn't going to have an active client on the roster. Tapping into Johnny Curtis' potential could give Heyman a reason to stick around, even if their relationship is a short one.

* Erick Rowan's current character seems pretty dead in the water. I'm thinking a reunion with Bray Wyatt is in order.

* Bo Dallas taking a few steps back and becoming more like his NXT character is a good call. I'd perhaps even consider bringing him back as a face until the fans turn him heel (if they do).

* Cesaro could really use new music and a return to that suave personality he had as every impressive feat took him towards the next level.

* The New Day, if not a complete overhaul, could use a heel turn at the very least. There's three of them in one team in the tag team scene. How heelish is that? Have them attack some faces and just go nuts.

* Darren Young could use a bit of a change when he gets back. The same for David Otunga really. I'm not excited to see their previous characters return.

* Cody Rhodes is a big one. It's time to evolve again and become a serious act.

The Gold Standard
02-08-2015, 08:35 PM
Kofi - This could just be the New Day as well, but he/they need to turn heel. Kofi needs to tone down his act as well. I am not a fan of the "fun, high energy" guy Kofi is. Kofi has the ability on the mic and in the ring, they just need to package him as a heel and I think they could have a new star.

There may be other guys that I am not thinking of right now, but Kofi is the main guy I think needs a change.

Shisen Kopf
02-08-2015, 10:12 PM
The Uso on the left and the Uso on the right should switch places

Mercenary
02-09-2015, 07:28 AM
Repackage Adam Rose into a nerdy character.

Have Zack Ryder drop his last name and have him just be a prep.

Repackage Heath Slater, dropping his first name, have him with a dancing jock gimmick.

Put them in a stable together Bring Kelly Kelly as their valet and Mr. Belding as their backstage leader.

I would mark for this.

LongTimeFan79
02-09-2015, 10:45 AM
Heath Slater - guy has the goods, just needs to
Titus O'Neil - the barking just needs to stop....

Won't happen if he has any say... 2 of my bosses are his Frat Brothers and I have to hear that all day lol.

Heyman
02-09-2015, 12:41 PM
As far as The New Day is concerned, I'd add Mark Henry or Ron Simmons in there and turn them heel; giving them a 'Nation of Domination' type vibe.

Henry or Simmons takes on a leadership/mentor type role, and helps Kofi, Xavier, and that other guy (can't remember who it is) get to that proverbial "next level."

Maybe even adding a guy like Titus O'Neil, and making him the 'star' of said heel group (i.e. similar to Rocky Maivia), might be a good idea.

Ruien
02-09-2015, 01:06 PM
Can't have a bunch of black guys being a heel group Heyman. The racist talk would come out of the woodwork.

KIRA
02-09-2015, 05:05 PM
Can't have a bunch of black guys being a heel group Heyman. The racist talk would come out of the woodwork.

Are you kidding it's what I've wanted since they formed.

Emeye
02-09-2015, 05:33 PM
Cesaro, Jack Swagger, and Cody Rhodes. Big fan of all three, would really like to see them all in interesting storylines as singles competitors.
Also, lol @ his name being Robb Banks. Ughh.

Mr. Nerfect
02-11-2015, 02:10 AM
Kofi Kingston vs. Seth Rollins would actually be a really cool feud if they dropped this New Day stuff.

dingdongyo
02-14-2015, 10:20 PM
i want r-truth to have a do over starting from when he kicked matt hardy's ass and blew smoke in his face.

Mr. Nerfect
02-15-2015, 01:30 AM
That was John Morrison he did that to.

Mr. Nerfect
02-15-2015, 01:31 AM
Seriously, once The Miz has put Sandow over, a reunion of Awesome Truth would be far from the worst thing in either of those men's careers.