PDA

View Full Version : AxelMania

youreSAWFT
03-03-2015, 03:42 PM
AxelMania is the only thing on raw this week that i actually cared about.

Simple Fan
03-03-2015, 03:56 PM
Can't say that but Axlemania is running wild. He should campaign to be put in the IC ladder match. Once he wins the Battle Royal and the IC title he puts himself in the main event and wins that aswell. Better then Perfect.

Bad News Gertner
03-03-2015, 07:53 PM
Lol it's fantastic, but you can tell how bad Axel is on the mic

Mercenary
03-03-2015, 08:28 PM
Yeah his mic skills are awful

#1-norm-fan
03-03-2015, 08:31 PM
I give them credit. Curtis Axel is horribly uninteresting but this works.

Simple Fan
03-03-2015, 08:38 PM
I hate that his time with Paul Heyman was a waste. He made his debut and they tried like hell to get him over. I feel if Ryback had not been put in then things would have turned out better.

Mr. Nerfect
03-03-2015, 09:37 PM
I like Axel, so I am glad he has something to do. I think Heyman's feud with CM Punk led to Axel's momentum being halted. That being said, he wasn't terribly interesting as a Paul Heyman Guy, but he was gaining credibility. It broke him out of being Michael McGillicutty. Sadly, it felt like Axel needed to break out of being Curtis Axel too recently. I'm glad this goofy stuff has kept him on television.

A few here will hate this idea, but I hope he shock eliminates Ryback in the Andre Battle Royal.

Bad News Gertner
03-03-2015, 09:40 PM
Axel needs to get WMD from the Big Show backstage at Wrestlemania, and when he wakes up Wrestlemania is over.

Mr. Nerfect
03-03-2015, 09:40 PM
That would be something too. :y:

Bad News Gertner
03-03-2015, 09:46 PM
Could you imagine, Reigns is in the middle of the ring, holding up the title, confetti falling down, they cut to a shot of Axel waking up looking at the monitor and yelling "fuck!"

Lol I'm laughing at this already.

Bad News Gertner
03-03-2015, 09:49 PM
Better yet, Axel has a nap and misses the entire show.

#Axelmania

youreSAWFT
03-03-2015, 09:49 PM
>Reigns holds title over head
>Confetti falling
>AxelMania comes down the ramp
>Tosses Reigns over top rope
>New champ
>Celebrates to end the show

#1-norm-fan
03-03-2015, 09:51 PM
A few here will hate this idea, but I hope he shock eliminates Ryback in the Andre Battle Royal.

Fuck you

Bad News Gertner
03-03-2015, 09:52 PM
Yeah let's not talk crazy here. Ryback is winning this.

youreSAWFT
03-03-2015, 10:36 PM
Wait you people like Ryback?

Bad News Gertner
03-03-2015, 10:37 PM
Ryback should be World Champ. So yes.

Damian Rey
03-04-2015, 12:04 AM
What kind of question is that? It's fucking RYBACK.

#1-norm-fan
03-04-2015, 12:08 AM
THE RYBACK

Droford
03-04-2015, 02:51 AM
Per wrestlinginc: "Curtis Axel vs. Rusev looks to be happening on next Monday's RAW. It may be for the United States Title.

Cenas obviously going to interfere.

Simple Fan
03-04-2015, 03:16 AM

I wouldn't mind if he eliminated Ryback and Rybsck never showed up again. Horrible Character.

NormanSmiley
03-04-2015, 03:45 AM
I wouldn't mind if he eliminated Ryback and Rybsck never showed up again. Horrible Character.

I wouldn't either, repackage him again, 6th time is the charm

kareru
03-04-2015, 07:23 AM
he's World Wrestling Nepotism personified

Ruien
03-04-2015, 07:38 AM

Are you insane? Why would you want to get rid of the best wrestler on the show?

Bad News Gertner
03-04-2015, 10:17 AM
Ryback rules mothafucka!!!

XL
03-04-2015, 12:56 PM
>Reigns holds title over head
>Confetti falling
>AxelMania comes down the ramp
>Tosses Reigns over top rope
>New champ
>Celebrates to end the show

Lesnar gets Reigns up for the F5, Heyman is on the apron, handful of salt to the eyes of Brock.

Reigns hits the Spear. 1-2-3, New Champion!!

Axel comes out to check on Lesnar.

Heyman challenges his former client to a match there and then.

Brock gives his blessing to Axel, who goes on to defeat Reigns in 22 seconds.

Bad News Gertner
03-04-2015, 08:26 PM
I have a strange feeling that Cena costs Rusev the U.S Title on Raw to Axel, which will be used as the reason why Rusev fights Cena at Wrestlemania

#1-norm-fan
03-04-2015, 08:29 PM
And officially takes all the intrigue out of the match.

... I can see it happening, too.

XL
03-05-2015, 08:06 AM
That would be failure on so many levels.

Tazz Dan
03-05-2015, 09:04 AM
I can feel the power of the Axelmania running through my veins!!!!!

Bad News Gertner
03-05-2015, 10:30 AM
Wooooo stickied thread!!

Shisen Kopf
03-05-2015, 10:48 AM
Lesnar gets Reigns up for the F5, Heyman is on the apron, handful of salt to the eyes of Brock.

Reigns hits the Spear. 1-2-3, New Champion!!

Axel comes out to check on Lesnar.

Heyman challenges his former client to a match there and then.

Brock gives his blessing to Axel, who goes on to defeat Reigns in 22 seconds.

Then they pull the mask off Heyman to reveal he is old man Smithers and he would have got away with it if it wasn't for those meddling kids. Scooby Doo ending wooooo!

SlickyTrickyDamon
03-05-2015, 04:29 PM
Lol it's fantastic, but you can tell how bad Axel is on the mic

He's too close to Canada in Minnesota.

Rammsteinmad
03-06-2015, 01:30 PM
Curtis Axel "debuted" as the new Heyman guy, and then bumped to a slap by Triple H. Never recovered from that. :(

Mr. Nerfect
03-06-2015, 08:16 PM
Axel should have gone for the kill when Triple H began selling the head. That was where they went wrong with Curtis Axel: Future World Champion.

Mr. Nerfect
03-06-2015, 08:17 PM
I have a strange feeling that Cena costs Rusev the U.S Title on Raw to Axel, which will be used as the reason why Rusev fights Cena at Wrestlemania

You're usually right, so this will almost definitely happen. It's not what I would do, but I will not complain about another title reign for the best personality-less wrestler since Charlie Haas.

Mr. Nerfect
03-06-2015, 08:19 PM
If they ever need to repackage Axel in the future, they could always call him "The Black Hole." Don't actually reference him being a black hole of charisma, but just play him up as this technical wrestling force that eats everything up in its path. You could get a few months out of him and a few mid-card title reigns and maybe a program with a few top face acts. Put him in a mask if people don't buy Axel's head anymore.

Mr. Nerfect
03-06-2015, 08:19 PM
Axel's hairstyle makes him look too "normal" to me. He should either shave his head or do something radical with his hair to make him a mega-star.

Bad News Gertner
03-06-2015, 09:40 PM
Lol Axel is just so awful on the mic that he has a certain charm about him. So many ways to go forward with this gimmick. I hate how he's doing Hogan mannerisms. Totally not needed.

XL
03-07-2015, 01:51 AM
This "spot" is pretty perfect (no pun intended) for Axel. Usually I'd say they should play to their strengths, but in this case they're doing a fine job of using his weaknesses to make him into a valuable character.

Mr. Nerfect
03-07-2015, 03:08 AM
Axel was about to become an NXT guy to find himself and work with younger talents too. Now he's got a spot each week.

Tom Guycott
03-07-2015, 06:19 AM
Lol Axel is just so awful on the mic that he has a certain charm about him. So many ways to go forward with this gimmick. I hate how he's doing Hogan mannerisms. Totally not needed.

So, what you're saying is he should be imitating Scott Steiner instead?

Henning* is getting better on the stick. He's leaps and bounds over that "Genesis of McGillicutty" shit show. Just needs time. If abhorrent talkers like Jeff Hardy and David Otunga can improve with time (which they did, in point of fact), so can Perfect's son or Roman Reigns. Axel needs to practice talking to get better. This "I've been in the Royal Rumble for X..." business a good place as any to start getting regular stage practice. If they simply shut him up, he'll NEVER improve.

Regal was able to milk his KotR victory for about two years. I hope Axel can get at least half that much momentum going. Have him inturrupt promos RNN/Jericho debut style, give him a Honk-A-Meter style Royal Rumble timer that pops up on screen and/or the Titantron when he brings it up.

AND IF HE WINS THE DAMN BATTLE ROYAL, FOR THE LOVE OF GOD DON'T LET THAT BECOME AN AFTERTHOUGHT WITHIN TWO WEEKS!!!

SlickyTrickyDamon
03-07-2015, 06:39 AM
Axel will probably get WMDed during the Battle Royal and be taking to the back instead of over the top rope. He can then complain for not being eliminated from that Battle Royal either. So, he'll have two timers for the time he was in the Royal Rumble and the time he was in the Andre the Giant Battle Royal.

Him being the 123 Kid to the Cena/Rusev feud intrigues me. Not sure if Rusev's first pinfall loss should be used in such a non-important manner. If they do it that way Axel better jump on the momentum to make it matter.

Bad News Gertner
03-07-2015, 10:39 AM
So, what you're saying is he should be imitating Scott Steiner instead?

Henning* is getting better on the stick. He's leaps and bounds over that "Genesis of McGillicutty" shit show. Just needs time. If abhorrent talkers like Jeff Hardy and David Otunga can improve with time (which they did, in point of fact), so can Perfect's son or Roman Reigns. Axel needs to practice talking to get better. This "I've been in the Royal Rumble for X..." business a good place as any to start getting regular stage practice. If they simply shut him up, he'll NEVER improve.

Regal was able to milk his KotR victory for about two years. I hope Axel can get at least half that much momentum going. Have him inturrupt promos RNN/Jericho debut style, give him a Honk-A-Meter style Royal Rumble timer that pops up on screen and/or the Titantron when he brings it up.

AND IF HE WINS THE DAMN BATTLE ROYAL, FOR THE LOVE OF GOD DON'T LET THAT BECOME AN AFTERTHOUGHT WITHIN TWO WEEKS!!!

Holy fuck, you just gave ne a great idea,

They should bring back the KOTR, Axel gets knocked out backstage or something and misses his match. The KOTR ends and Axel keeps coming out with a crown and stuff and refers to himself as the real King of the Ring since he was never able to compete. Have him use Jerry Lawler's music. King Curtis Axel.

SlickyTrickyDamon
03-07-2015, 11:53 AM
He does sort of sound and talk like King Curtis Iaukea. (The Master)

Jazzy Foot
03-07-2015, 01:04 PM
TITTIES MANIA!

Tazz Dan
03-07-2015, 02:18 PM

They should bring back the KOTR, Axel gets knocked out backstage or something and misses his match. The KOTR ends and Axel keeps coming out with a crown and stuff and refers to himself as the real King of the Ring since he was never able to compete. Have him use Jerry Lawler's music. King Curtis Axel.

*King Curtis Hennig

Mr. Nerfect
03-07-2015, 07:35 PM
The more I think about it, the more I think what Gertner said about Axel beating Rusev next week will come to fruition. That way Cena can put over Rusev real fucking strong at WrestleMania and not be anchored by the US Title (and you know the WWE sees it as an anchor) or go over without actually winning the title.

Mr. Nerfect
03-07-2015, 07:36 PM
I think something like this could settle the title into being more of a tertiary belt too. I'm not saying they should make it such, but I can see them having Axel hold the title until they put it on Damien. Meanwhile the IC Title gets a run with Bryan.

Simple Fan
03-07-2015, 08:43 PM
Needs to go all out like Jay Lethal did with the Black Machismo gimmick.

Mr. Nerfect
03-07-2015, 10:25 PM
Jay Lethal is still only 29 years old. I wish ROH would get serious or that the WWE would take a look at him.

Simple Fan
03-07-2015, 10:27 PM
Then we could have the Mega Powers

Mr. Nerfect
03-07-2015, 11:16 PM
Lethal & Axel as Tag Champs forever.

Vastardikai
03-08-2015, 01:55 PM
I wonder if they will be surprised if Axel gets cheers Monday, for 2 reasons:

1. Axelmania is running wild for the fans.
2. Rusev is just that hated.

DAMN iNATOR
03-08-2015, 02:01 PM
I wonder if they will be surprised if Axel gets cheers Monday, for 2 reasons:

1. Axelmania is running wild for the fans.
2. Rusev is just that hated.

3. He's been in the Rumble for 6 weeks+ and STILL hasn't been eliminated, BROTHER!

Vastardikai
03-08-2015, 02:36 PM
3. He's been in the Rumble for 6 weeks+ and STILL hasn't been eliminated, BROTHER!

Exactly, BROTHER!

XL
03-08-2015, 04:19 PM

I think you mean 5 weeks and 8 days!!

Mr. Nerfect
03-08-2015, 04:50 PM
Didn't Dean Ambrose throw Axel over the top rope on a RAW somewhere?

XL
03-08-2015, 07:33 PM
Yes.

SlickyTrickyDamon
03-08-2015, 07:38 PM

He's already the winner since Roman Reigns left the ring at the Royal Rumble.

Tazz Dan
03-08-2015, 09:03 PM

Yeah, but that was on Raw, not at the rumble. Doesn't count.

Simple Fan
03-08-2015, 10:09 PM
He's already the winner since Roman Reigns left the ring at the Royal Rumble.

But did he leave over the top rope?

poopfromweiner dude
03-08-2015, 10:15 PM
He never entered the ring though...he might as well have not even come out from backstage...I don't get this joke/think it is very funny

Tom Guycott
03-09-2015, 12:47 AM

He does sort of sound and talk like King Curtis Iaukea. (The Master)

*King Curtis Hennig

... and when that has run its course, he can become THE ARTIST FORMERLY KNOWN AS KING HENNING* and start using Prince Iaukea's "Purple Rain" theme and have Booker T's wife accompany him.

Tom Guycott
03-09-2015, 12:50 AM
Needs to go all out like Jay Lethal did with the Black Machismo gimmick.

Jay Lethal is still only 29 years old. I wish ROH would get serious or that the WWE would take a look at him.

Then we could have the Mega Powers

Lethal & Axel as Tag Champs forever.

I feel like I posted this somewhere, but I can't remember where... RAW thread?

Tom Guycott
03-09-2015, 01:00 AM

Actually, I hope he keeps getting accomplishments that aren't really accomplishments. Not eliminated from Rumble, KotR without competing, stuck in another "malfunctioning" Elimination Chamber pod, gets on a traditional Suvivor Series team and is unable to compete, so he never actually gets eliminated, so even though the other team "wins", he can say he's still competing in THAT match too! Have him win more Slammys than anyone else (for stupid categories, to boot).

Keep the gimmick silly, but let him be serious in the ring. Actually have him get off Perfect Plexes and neckbreakers (he doesn't have to ape Hogan completely and use the boot & leg drop, though I fear that is where this is headed) and win matches. Keep some of himself in the bit.

Vastardikai
03-09-2015, 06:45 PM
His neckbreaker is actually quite magnificent. He should certainly keep that.

Dark One
03-11-2015, 12:23 AM
If this doesn't lead to this, it will have been for NOTHING.

http://i.imgur.com/cekv65R.gif

Also: http://www.axelmania.com/

Tazz Dan
03-14-2015, 07:39 AM
http://www.prowrestlingpowerhouse.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/03/Axel-32-days.jpg

Simple Fan
03-15-2015, 04:33 PM
Could this last all the way to next years Rumble. What if a retuning alum at tacks Axel before he gets in the ring for the ATGBR.

Mr. Nerfect
03-15-2015, 08:37 PM
I had a weird dream that the WWE expanded and started a new territory system to develop talent. Axel went to Puerto Rico and defeated Carlito to become the WWC Universal Champion and cut promos about how some people claim to be the Champion of the World; but he's the Champion of the Universe.

Simple Fan
03-15-2015, 10:01 PM
Would be " perfect " if he was to win a title.

Ultra Mantis
03-17-2015, 10:27 PM
Please don't fantasy book titles onto Curtis Axel, they are already devalued enough.

Simple Fan
03-17-2015, 11:16 PM
Its really sad that he has taken the comedy gimmick. I was really hoping he would be something when he debuted the Curtis Axle character.

Mr. Nerfect
03-19-2015, 09:08 AM
Axel reminds me a lot of Charlie Haas.

Big Vic
03-19-2015, 11:23 AM
That mini Battle Royal on raw was pointless, but it would have meant something if Curtis Axel won.

Dukelorange
03-19-2015, 01:21 PM
If this gets legs, I hope they don't do this the same way Fandango did. Just give a feud, and let him get house on his own terms...

Triple A
03-23-2015, 04:16 AM
y is this thread sticky, what's the joke...

Tazz Dan
03-23-2015, 05:27 AM
I don't know? I assume it was because of the whole Axelmania storyline, and it was being kept up to Wrestlemania. I originally stickied it as a joke, but I noticied it had been un-stickied and re-stickied recently.

You other mods have anything to say?

Tazz Dan
03-23-2015, 05:28 AM
Yr whey two close too Sixx figured posts afif.

Bad News Gertner
03-23-2015, 08:01 PM
Who the fuck unstickied this!!!!!! Probably anti-fun Destor

Tazz Dan
03-23-2015, 08:01 PM
Triple A did I assume.

Simple Fan
03-26-2015, 10:11 AM
It was Snoop Dogg that un stickied it after he threw him out the ring.