PDA

View Full Version : Flashback Discussion #1: WCW Spring Stampede 1998

James Steele
03-08-2015, 07:01 PM
I just watched it on WWE Network, and it has held up well. Clusterfuck finishes in the "main events" are annoying though.

GOLDBERG vs Saturn wasn't just a squash and was a good match.

Ultimo Dragon vs Chavo Guerrero Jr was good. This was in the middle of tje angle with Eddie having Chavo as a whipping boy. Great match.

Booker T. vs Chris Benoit in the middle of their epic feud over the TV title. Classic match.

Curt Hennig vs British Bulldog in a clusterfuck with Rick Rude, Vincent, and Neidhart. Why couldn't WCW just let them wrestle.

Chris Jericho vs Prince Iaukea for CW title. Fun match with Jericho in all his WCW heel run glory.

Rick Steiner/Lex Luger vs Buff Bagwell/Scott Steiner. Fun match that continues storyline of Rick trying to get his hands on Scott after he joined nWo.

Psychosis vs La Parka. 6 minute match.

Hogan/Nash vs Piper/Giant in a bat on a pole match. Clusterfuck of clusterfucks.

DDP vs Raven for US title. Match I remember most from this show. Fun late 90s era "pier 6 brawl". Raven jobbed to GOLDBERG to drop the title in less than 24 hours the next night.

Sting vs Savage for the World Title. 10 minute clusterfuck with several run ins. This is all setting the stage for the impending NWO split into NWO Hollywood and NWO WOLFPAC.

Good show with good story lines. Typical WCW booking though that leaves things a mess. Wish network at the post 96 nitros up so I could watch the build up and aftermath.

Anyone wanna share memories or thoughts on this show. I've enjoyed watching WCW on the WWE Network.

Bad News Gertner
03-08-2015, 08:26 PM
HHH sucks balls and Stephanie has a bat cave for a vagina.