PDA

View Full Version : Who's the better Chris?

Marc the Smark
05-20-2004, 11:54 PM
Jericho or Benoit? And why?

Mr. JL
05-20-2004, 11:58 PM
WOW!
This is too tough for me to chose. Both have put on some amazing matches all over the world. I can't decide either way.

Bazooka
05-21-2004, 12:00 AM
Benoit is the better technical wrestler, and most of the time I enjoy watching Benoit in the ring more than Jericho.

However Jericho has more charisma all around, and Jericho is a really good all around wrestler, technical/agile. So I'd go with Jericho by a slight degree.

Splaya
05-21-2004, 12:06 AM
Benoit is the wrestler that could carry anyone to a 5 star match. Hell he could carry the Big Show to a 5 star match. He is the better technical wrestler.

When it comes to selling injuries, cutting promos or just being the overall tough worker, you have to give it to Chris Jericho. I mean the company obviously had enough faith in him to make him the first Undisputed Champion ever, plus he has some of the best mic skills ever.

So with conclusion: I give it to Jericho by like .00000000000000001

HeartBreakMan2k
05-21-2004, 12:09 AM
Benoit couldn't carry Big Show to a 5 star match, hell Shawn Michaels couldn't carry Big Show to a 5 star match. (I say Shawn as he has a history of pulling great matches out of big men, hell even Nash and Sid had pretty good matches with him.)

Anyway.... Benoit is a great technical wrestler, but Jericho has more of what a wrestler should be then Benoit. Maybe not as good technically, but he can wrestle more styles and has incredible mic skills. So Jericho, very slightly.

Shaggy
05-21-2004, 01:34 AM
While this is a hard one to choose for either side I think I will have to go with Jericho.

They both have it good in the ring. Beniot would win that by a little bit more though. But since these days you have to have the in mic skills I will have to send it to Jericho. As we have seen from the past Jericho is basically one of the best wrestlers on the mic. He is probably second next to The Rock.

Aussie Skier
05-21-2004, 01:55 AM
It could never, e e e e e eeeeeeeeeeeeeevvvvvvvvvvveeeeeeeeeerrrrrrrr be Benoit.

jericho is amazing! benoit is brilliant, but jericho is the total package!

HeartBreakMan2k
05-21-2004, 01:59 AM
Sabin :shifty:

#1-norm-fan
05-21-2004, 02:22 AM
Jericho by a MILE. Technical ability is close but it all comes down to charisma and star quality. Both of which Jericho is just laughably ahead of Benoit in.

BasicThuganomics
05-21-2004, 02:24 AM
Jericho is definately the better all around worker.

But IMO, when Benoit is on the top of his game, no one is better than him.

Although, on average I am more entertained by Jericho, and I hope he wins the world title SOON!

BasicThuganomics
05-21-2004, 02:25 AM
Sabin :shifty:

Who betta than Kanyon? :shifty:

John la Rock
05-21-2004, 02:27 AM
Jericho by a mile

Vega
05-21-2004, 03:23 AM
Benoit is the better technical wrestler, and most of the time I enjoy watching Benoit in the ring more than Jericho.

However Jericho has more charisma all around, and Jericho is a really good all around wrestler, technical/agile. <s>So I'd go with Jericho by a slight degree.</s>

I enjoy watching Benoit overall more, by a hair, so I will have to be the first to go with him.

Lara Emily
05-21-2004, 03:32 AM
Mic skills aside which are not all that important to me to be perfectly honest when it comes to evaluating a wrestler. Benoit wins. Inside ring there are very few better then the Canadian Crippler Chris Benoit.

Bad Company
05-21-2004, 03:36 AM
WHO BETTER THAN KANYON!

Lara Emily
05-21-2004, 03:37 AM
WHO BETTER THAN KANYON!

EVERYBODY

except 65% (maybe more) of the current WWE roster.

Bad Company
05-21-2004, 03:40 AM
EVERYBODY

except 65% (maybe more) of the current WWE roster.
:mad:

Heyman
05-21-2004, 04:09 AM
Benoit = better wrestler

Jericho = better sports entertainer.

Lara Emily
05-21-2004, 04:11 AM
:mad:
You do realise I just called him more talented than a large majority of the WWE roster right?

Ferocious
05-21-2004, 09:41 AM
:shifty: Daniels

No seriously I'd have to go with Jericho I've been a Jericho fan far to long, I'd feel as if my time had been wasted if i was to now say Benoit, Who BTW hasnt been half as good as he was in the Radicalz since they split up.

Tornado
05-21-2004, 10:33 AM
<font color=#33ffff>Jericho.
He is far more entertaining in my opinion..</font>

Goldbird
05-21-2004, 10:36 AM
I am tied between a decision. Jericho or Benoit?

Heck, I will go with Sabins. :shifty:

blake639raw
05-21-2004, 10:41 AM
Benoit = better wrestler

Jericho = better sports entertainer.
:y:

Joe Kerr
05-21-2004, 11:34 AM
Shoulda made this a poll by reading up and my own opionon of liking Jericho more I beleive jericho wouldve won by a landslide.

Azriel
05-21-2004, 12:20 PM
If it was just about wrestling, then Benoit without a doubt, but overall, Jericho.

Doink
05-21-2004, 12:34 PM
id go for jericho, he was the mic skills, his own slot and he deserves to be back in the title run in.

benoit is a good wrestler and deserves to hold the title because of his career but this wont last for long and can see him fading into the background and becoming a mid card again.

jericho is younger and has more entertaining features than beniot, i still remember when benoit came into wwe and jericho peed him off by calling him chris ben oit (rather than benwa as its pronounced).

jericho needs a deserved push in my opinion!

TheNamelessOne
05-21-2004, 12:44 PM
Jericho, all the godamn way.

He is not as good a wrestler as Benoit, but hes far more entertaining.

aaronkyle86
05-21-2004, 12:56 PM
Nowinski...

Nah, Jericho.

Shadow
05-21-2004, 06:59 PM
Jericho. I can't explain why either. He's just that damn talented.

EazyMack
05-21-2004, 09:59 PM
Definitely Jericho, without question (in my mind). Benoit has the edge in technical ability, Jericho has the edge in everything else.

So give the belt back to Jericho already. :D

Hardkore Kidd J
05-21-2004, 10:08 PM
Depends on what we're talking about. Jericho and Beniot are both very talented individuals. Benoit owns if we're talking about sheer wrestling ability. Because I know how good he is.

But, when we are talking about entertainment Jericho owns because Jericho is good on the stick and pumping the crowd up. SO once you put it that way it's harder But you know what as much as I love Beniot's submission style wrestling I would have to say Jericho. Cause I love it when he gets on the mic and makes witty oneliners and such. For me Jericho makes me laugh. :y:

Evil Vito
05-21-2004, 11:24 PM
<font color=goldenrod>Jericho > Benoit</font>

MVP
05-22-2004, 12:24 AM
I agree with the general consent; Benoit is a better wrestler than Jericho (not by a lot), but Jericho is a god on the mic, and has more general charisma.

Fox
05-22-2004, 01:46 AM
I gotta go with Benoit. His mic skills may not be great, but when he gets into that ring, you're witnessing an artist at work. The guy obviously loves the business and loves what he does, and he takes great pride in his work. When Chris wrestles, I can't help but stay glued to the screen.

Besides, Benoit is the only guy who could make my wrestling-hating-Father enjoy a match (it was Bret -v- Chris in the Owen Hart Tribute match).

MrMoUnTaInDeW
05-22-2004, 08:30 AM
they both are great, when Jericho is a heel you just love to hate him, and Benoit can mess you up in a million different ways he is a great technical wrestler.

i remember that ladder match they had a couple years back (I forget which PPV, i think i have it on tape somewhere), it was amazing, a moment i will always remember from it is when I think Benoit jumped through the ropes to the outside and Jericho nailed him with a chair when he was still in midair, could have been the other way around my memory is bad, it was still brutal.

LK
05-22-2004, 09:04 AM
I agree with the majority of people on this thread that Benoit is the better wrestler of the two but Jericho is better overall. His mic skills are gold, a great wrestler and I just find Y2J more entertaining.

JJ Moore
05-22-2004, 09:16 AM
cos one of them is from canada :shifty:

Marc the Smark
05-22-2004, 12:15 PM
those who couldn't pick one :nono:

thuganomicalcrippler
05-23-2004, 03:12 AM
Y2J better on the mic ....blah...blah. I'm a huge Jericho fan, but Benoit has been able to put himself over as heel or face WITHOUT using the mic, and you've got to hand it to him for that. I prefer watching the wrestling part of the show more than the talking part, so I'm going with Benoit.

laydownlow
05-23-2004, 03:55 AM
I gotta go with Benoit. His mic skills may not be great, but when he gets into that ring, you're witnessing an artist at work. The guy obviously loves the business and loves what he does, and he takes great pride in his work. When Chris wrestles, I can't help but stay glued to the screen.

Besides, Benoit is the only guy who could make my wrestling-hating-Father enjoy a match (it was Bret -v- Chris in the Owen Hart Tribute match).

:y: :y: :y:

Benoit vs. Hart is rates very high on my favorite all time matches.

Jericho is definatly great at what he does and has one of the best in-ring personalities out there, but he can't match Benoits talent. He will come at you from any side with a hold or a move and take you off balance. Benoit gets my vote :D