PDA

View Full Version : Anyone for Cena/Taker in Texas?

Jordan
03-10-2015, 04:55 PM
I don't see Taker going down to Wyatt, he won't, it's all the the booking. He won't lose after not appearing on Raw. I don't see him retiring after this WM either. However the big one next year, who is left to make an impact with The Dead Man? I'd go with Cena. This could go down huge. I could see this being the chance for the long desired Cena heel in the fashion of Bret Hart at 13, and with the impact of Hulk Hogan at the Bash. Then again, it could be swell enough to have one last great big match and put Cena over in his greatest WM moment.

Jazzy Foot
03-10-2015, 05:02 PM
I don't see Taker going down to Wyatt, he won't, it's all the the booking. He won't lose after not appearing on Raw. I don't see him retiring after this WM either. However the big one next year, who is left to make an impact with The Dead Man? I'd go with Cena. This could go down huge. I could see this being the chance for the long desired Cena heel in the fashion of Bret Hart at 13, and with the impact of Hulk Hogan at the Bash. Then again, it could be swell enough to have one last great big match and put Cena over in his greatest WM moment.

I see this as a very real prospect given that the alternative Sting v Taker has lost its appeal and there is a chance Sting may not be around next year i.e. he won't renew his contract etc.

Cena wouldn't be a heel I wouldn't want him to be either and whilst Cena is by no means "the future" as he is more than an established superstar, I could see this as one legend passing the mantle to another. Also Cena and Taker have not faced each other before at Mania and both are beginning to take a backseat at the show of shows so would be a great way to give them a spotlight and if Taker were to have lost to anyone at Mania other than Lesnar, Cena or Sting would have been my choice.

Ruien
03-10-2015, 05:05 PM
He is losing and passing the torch to the new crazy character Bray Wyatt. Really hoping they keep the Wyatt family ties going like Kane and Undertaker went throughout their entire career.

Simple Fan
03-10-2015, 05:15 PM
He should lose this year to Bray an win next year against Sting to bring his Mania record to 22-2

Jazzy Foot
03-10-2015, 05:16 PM
He should lose this year to Bray an win next year against Sting to bring his Mania record to 22-2

I think the match should be a draw so he can saw he won, drew and lost at Mania.

Mr. Pierre
03-10-2015, 05:21 PM
Taker/Cena would be special for sure. Whoever Taker faces in his last match though, it needs to be promoted heavily, maybe even a full year build as being his final match.

Simple Fan
03-10-2015, 05:28 PM
I could see him and Kane both retiring after a match against each other next year.

Black Widow
03-10-2015, 05:36 PM
Fuck Cena
Fuck Kane

It needs to be Taker/Sting at 32.

Corporate CockSnogger
03-10-2015, 05:40 PM
I'm surprised Fragile X isn't suggesting Undertaker vs an innocent woman to beat upon.

Jazzy Foot
03-10-2015, 05:48 PM
Tits Match for Taker

Mr. Nerfect
03-10-2015, 10:25 PM
The more I think about it, the less sense putting Taker over Wyatt at WrestleMania makes. Therefore, I think it will happen. And they should just induct Taker into the Hall of Fame next year, but they'll probably have him face John Cena in the main event for the title. Royal Rumble Winner makes it into the Intercontinental Title Ladder Match.

youreSAWFT
03-12-2015, 04:53 PM
Tits Match for Taker
God damn you actually made me laugh with this shit.

youreSAWFT
03-12-2015, 04:55 PM
Kane doesnt need to retire anytime soon hes got years man.
I dont wanna see him lose to Cena, because well fuck Cena. I wouldnt mind him passing the torch to Wyatt. The deadman is old and after last years loss hes kinda lost his appeal at 'mania. Dont get me wrong ive always loved the deadman but i think its time for him to not have to be taken to the hospital after every time we see him.

Volare
03-12-2015, 05:47 PM
Taker beats Bray, but cuts a promo the following night about he has found his successor, and forms a new ministry.

Nicky Fives
03-13-2015, 06:53 AM
all desire to see Taker vs. anyone at Mania was killed last year....Cena/Taker would have been the best way for him to go out, but what's the point if "The Streak" is dead?

Clerk
03-13-2015, 09:15 AM
No fuck Bray Wyatt's boring ass. Don't let him beat Taker

hb2k
03-14-2015, 11:01 AM
all desire to see Taker vs. anyone at Mania was killed last year....Cena/Taker would have been the best way for him to go out, but what's the point if "The Streak" is dead?

This hits the nail on the head for me. The intrigue of Cena/Taker was very real because people could believe that Cena would be the guy to end the streak since he rarely loses. With that aspect gone, its just two big names with no issue, and it doesnt matter who wins.

Jordan
03-14-2015, 04:34 PM
I don't agree. I think the excitment would be very high provided they build the anticipation.

I don't think they have ever billed a match as "THE MATCH OF THE CENTURY" the leaders of two generations collide. Once Taker defeats Wyatt he will gain some steam back. Sure the streak is over but whatever, it's over. WWE will need a hook for packing 100,000 folks inside ATT&T Stadium. Obviously Taker/Austin would be cooler, but to me Cena/Taker makes more sense. Even with the streak a non issue, I feel like this could be the biggest main event of all time.

Jordan
03-14-2015, 04:38 PM
The hook I am referring to would be this is The Undertakers last match.

Though imagine the excitement if it was all gimmicked as a retirement match for both guys. Loser leaves town. Of course we would know the outcome before it even happens, but imagine those 100,000 Creatures of the Night on the edge of their seat at every near fall, coming so close to the end of John Cena's career, people would be going ape shit.

If they pull of an excellent match, and they should be able to, John Cena's legend would comparable to Bruno.

Sixx
03-14-2015, 10:02 PM
What? Taker's gonna rassle?

Thought he was done.

DAMN iNATOR
03-15-2015, 06:05 AM
What? Taker's gonna rassle?

Thought he was done.

Nah, he just does an annual WM match these days.

http://www.wwe.com/f/styles/ppv_matchups_teaser_large/public/match/thumb/2015/03/20150224_LIGHT_WM31_Match_HPv2_takerbray.jpg

The Gold Standard
03-15-2015, 02:46 PM
I wanted to see Cena/Taker for years. I am 100% in for that to be his final match. I love the build for this year's match with Wyatt, but not everyone can carry a build like Bray has done, so having him face young guys once a year doesn't seem possible, but a match against Cena is the one match he has not had and it comes full circle with him and Cena since he approached Cena after the Smackdown match vs. Angle