PDA

View Full Version : Do you still watch TNA?

Rollermacka
04-02-2015, 11:02 PM
Since the move to Destination America, I've enjoyed the changes to the show and still watch every week. Since it's now on a smaller network, does anyone else here watch Impact?

Jordan
04-02-2015, 11:17 PM
I saw the Angle/Lashley match, that was fanfuckingtastic.

Juan
04-02-2015, 11:20 PM
I saw the Angle/Lashley match, that was fanfuckingtastic.

Might have to check that out

Simple Fan
04-02-2015, 11:21 PM
Watch every week. ECIII is one of my favorite character in all of wrestling right now.

Fignuts
04-02-2015, 11:34 PM
Stopped watching years ago.

Might consider getting some of the compilation dvds. I have an AJ one and a Daniels one and they're pretty good.

Anybody Thrilla
04-03-2015, 02:52 AM
I don't, but I'd really like to. I don't have the channel, though.

Wishbone
04-03-2015, 03:40 AM
Been considering checking it out again but, no, I don't currently watch it. Kinda figured it was a sinking ship and I really didn't want to watch them crash and burn like that. If they're putting on good shows now though I may very well check it out.

XL
04-03-2015, 06:27 AM
I've gone from a regular viewer to catching the show now and again. Think the hiatus interrupted my viewing habits.

After watching Raw, NXT, sometimes catching Lucha Undergrond, and listening to a bunch of wrestling podcasts I sometimes feel a little saturated with product, and TNA gets cut.

MoFo
04-03-2015, 06:31 AM
Saw it the other week and MVP looked fat and old.

They were beating up Drew McIntyre and Kenny King did a running knee that missed by a mile.

Put Ramsays Kitchen Nightmares on instead.

Mr. Nerfect
04-03-2015, 11:02 AM
I don't. I've heard good things. Not enough to invest myself. I've given them chances and they lost me. They don't really have an identity because they chased away the guys that built the house. They added Russo right when they got Angle. Hogan coming in made a splash, but also renovated the promotion in a way that left it without any of the hooks that made it unique intact. I'm also sad that Kurt Angle is still there, because his music could blare at a WWE show, and he would instantly become more relevant than he has been for the past eight years. Fuck, it's been that long...

They're trying to hit a reset button, but they shouldn't have gotten to this place at all. Silly TNA.

Ruien
04-03-2015, 11:17 AM
I don't think there is a wrestling fan that does not get sad when they think about how long Kurt Angle has been in TNA and not WWE.

Shisen Kopf
04-03-2015, 11:31 AM
Lol TNA

Jaded-Dragon
04-03-2015, 02:12 PM
Nah, I've been burned to many times by TNA and their fans telling me they have turned a corner, only for them to completely screw it up within 6 months. The X Division, The Knockouts, Hogan coming in, The Main Event Mafia, Aces and Eights, etc.

I have no faith that they can consistently put out a watchable product.

SlickyTrickyDamon
04-03-2015, 02:18 PM
They don't get the "they used to be great" Trapeze netting that WWE does.

Jazzy Foot
04-03-2015, 02:49 PM
Gail Kim should wrestle topless. Want to touch her firm, toned, busty, athletic Korean body.

Simple Fan
04-03-2015, 02:53 PM
The knockouts are one of the best parts of the show every week.

Jordan
04-03-2015, 03:01 PM
www.watchwrestling.tv

There are nice HD links there to any wrestling TV show you want to watch.

Emperor Smeat
04-03-2015, 04:02 PM
Still watch TNA on occasion but haven't seen a whole episode since the network switch.

Rammsteinmad
04-03-2015, 04:14 PM
I watch it now and then. They've got some good stuff now and then, but they also have a lot of stupid shit going on that puts me off.

Put off even more since Mark Andrews won British Boot Camp. Mainly coz I know/knew him personally and am jealous of him.

Ruien
04-03-2015, 04:35 PM
www.watchwrestling.tv

There are nice HD links there to any wrestling TV show you want to watch.

I don't see a link for Real Deal Wrestling :(

Curtis
04-03-2015, 04:37 PM
No I only watch CHW and Real Deal because the backyard is where it's at.

Mr. Nerfect
04-03-2015, 08:29 PM
They don't get the "they used to be great" Trapeze netting that WWE does.

This is very true. TNA has no widespread consumer loyalty because they never created that emotional connection with people. And the stuff that did work often comes with a tainted view of missed opportunities or "what could have been."

The knockouts are one of the best parts of the show every week.

And then Hogan came in and gave Bubba the Love Sponge priority over Awesome Kong, and it slowly turned into the Divas Division.

Simple Fan
04-03-2015, 08:38 PM
Honestly the knockouts have been awsome as of late. Last year when they were fighting fora tTV deal is when it was really good. Knockout ladder matches, last knockout standing, and cage matches. They really let them go at at it just like the men.

Jordan
04-03-2015, 08:40 PM
Jim Ross said that Spud vs Eric Young was really good too.

Mr. Nerfect
04-03-2015, 08:47 PM
Honestly the knockouts have been awsome as of late. Last year when they were fighting fora tTV deal is when it was really good. Knockout ladder matches, last knockout standing, and cage matches. They really let them go at at it just like the men.

Which is what they were doing. It was like TNA went from Coke to New Coke back to something resembling Coke. I don't know if we need gimmick matches for them all the time, and I'm not sure how I feel about the idea of Taryn being champion whilst Kharma is around, but if it keeps up, I might give them another shot. Consistency is what TNA can do to bring me back.

Droford
04-03-2015, 09:29 PM
Watching right now

Heyman
04-04-2015, 02:29 AM
Since the move to Destination America, I've enjoyed the changes to the show and still watch every week. Since it's now on a smaller network, does anyone else here watch Impact?

I never really got into TNA to be perfectly honest. As an outsider looking in, it just seemed to me that TNA never really placed an emphasis on creating new stars. They just seemed more content on pushing old WWE rejects. Outside of Samoa Joe, AJ Styles, and Crimson, did TNA actually create anyone new and worthwhile? I don't think so. Again though - I rarely watched TNA and so I don't know. Just my gut feeling though.

SlickyTrickyDamon
04-04-2015, 06:29 AM
TNA didn't create Samoa Joe.

Theo Dious
04-04-2015, 07:24 AM
So TNA isn't still where people go to get used right?

Theo Dious
04-04-2015, 07:24 AM
Jim Ross said that Spud vs Eric Young was really good too.

Jim Ross likes vaseline on toast.

SlickyTrickyDamon
04-04-2015, 10:30 AM
JR is way too PC on his show. He's had Dixie get on his case for critiquing TNA.

Rollermacka
04-04-2015, 12:18 PM
I never really got into TNA to be perfectly honest. As an outsider looking in, it just seemed to me that TNA never really placed an emphasis on creating new stars. They just seemed more content on pushing old WWE rejects. Outside of Samoa Joe, AJ Styles, and Crimson, did TNA actually create anyone new and worthwhile? I don't think so. Again though - I rarely watched TNA and so I don't know. Just my gut feeling though.

Bobby Roode, James Strom, Gunner, Magnus, Eric Young, technically you can say Bram & EC3 (since neither really got a shot in WWE)

Lock Jaw
04-05-2015, 05:14 PM
Just turned it on.... WTF is with these terrible "art" for the match graphics?

Also, WTF at Josh Matthews and Tazz being in "some room somewhere" instead of in the arena.

Droford
04-05-2015, 05:21 PM
Josh and Tazz never have to worry about getting the crap kicked out of em from their secret bunker

Simple Fan
04-05-2015, 06:20 PM
Yea that was the first time they had the cartoon match graphics I don't know what they were going for there.

Mr. Nerfect
04-05-2015, 07:18 PM

Monty Brown's heel turn was one of the worst moves in professional wrestling history.

Rollermacka
04-05-2015, 11:26 PM
Just turned it on.... WTF is with these terrible "art" for the match graphics?

Also, WTF at Josh Matthews and Tazz being in "some room somewhere" instead of in the arena.

Josh and Tazz never have to worry about getting the crap kicked out of em from their secret bunker

I actually enjoyed this weeks episode (for some reason Dish has Destination America right now). The matches were considerably longer than usual....

SlickyTrickyDamon
04-06-2015, 01:27 AM
Monty Brown's heel turn was one of the worst moves in professional wrestling history.

His career got poooooooooooooooooooooounced.

PERIOD.

pendekar
04-06-2015, 03:13 AM
yeah every week
http://wigunpics.science/3/g.png

SlickyTrickyDamon
04-06-2015, 08:04 AM
They really should try to get their episodes for Destination America ondemand. Seems pretty dumb that this hasn't happened already.