PDA

View Full Version : Hardcore Title and Dean Ambrose

Simple Fan
04-13-2015, 10:11 PM
What if Ambrose was to be prying around backstage some where and happens to find the Hardcore title. He could come out with it and defend it when he wanted have him keep it all year and possibly lead to a match against a hardcore legend at Mania to retire the title with said legend. Could be Foley, Funk, hell bring back Steve Blackman.

Anybody Thrilla
04-13-2015, 11:14 PM
I can dig it.

NormanSmiley
04-14-2015, 12:44 AM
Attitude era is over. Let it go

dronepool
04-14-2015, 12:47 AM
Do it.

Simple Fan
04-14-2015, 12:54 AM
He could fued with guys like Harper, Rowan, and Stardust up until Summerslam. Have RVD return about that time and they have a match at Summerslam. After Summerslam Dean applies the 24/7 rules and week after week current superstars and past hardcore champions try to attack Ambrose and take the title but cant. After the Rumble have Foley or Funk since Mania is in Texas challenge Dean to a match at Mania.

Simple Fan
04-14-2015, 01:04 AM

Not clinging to the attitude era, just feel like its something that would fit his character. If they don't go the Shield triple threat next year at Mania I feel this would be a great spot for Dean since they want a lot of legends at Mania next year.

Tom Guycott
04-14-2015, 09:10 AM
It seems like something that would fit Ambrose. Only with "tweaks". No 24/7 rule, and no "shopping cart full of bullshit to litter the ring with" matches. Those were two things that honestly killed the damn thing- 24/7 worked as a gimmick for "fighting champion" Crash Holly, but as a permanent "rule", it was made it overused and stupid. And bringing a trash can/grocery buggy 'o weapons was basically saying every hardcore match ever was like a New Jack match... again, overdone to the point of stupidity.

Make it kinda like when Road Dogg "legitimized" the title by putting it on the line every week... sorta like Cena with the US Title right now. Falls count anywhere, and hardcore match rules, but dont make a blantant mess with "international objects" that largely go unused or using chairs and tables and kendo sticks everytime. FCA and ECW style relaxed rules would be good enough to compliment Dean's "clumsy brawling" style. He seems smart enough to sprinkle wild spots in without making it "too much all the time".

Dukelorange
04-14-2015, 09:19 AM
Someone from Bleacher Report has said this today, but wig Luke Harper instead.

NormanSmiley
04-14-2015, 03:27 PM
clinging to the attitude era.

Jordan
04-14-2015, 03:48 PM
That would be fantastic.

ron the dial
04-14-2015, 04:43 PM
Hardcore Titty and Dean Ambrose

Dukelorange
04-16-2015, 01:25 PM

I would be all for it, but in my opinion they need to focus on creating characters and engaging story lines for the characters to interact before the introduce another title.

But then again, it would be easy for Creative to just have random people compete in the match because it's lazy booking.

So I'm torn.

Tom Guycott
04-17-2015, 02:50 AM
It wouldn't stop the lazy booking, but it would at least give two more underutilized people something to do for a 3 hour television show.

Nicky Fives
04-17-2015, 09:11 AM
PG-13 Hardcore matches without headshots would literally be the same match over and over and over again..... steel chair to the back, kendo stick to the ribs, finisher onto a weapon, 1-2-3..... no interest in it returning, although Ambrose would be the best suited to bring it back.....