PDA

View Full Version : they should take New Day and Prime Time Playas and

Kris P Lettus
04-13-2015, 11:08 PM
Make a new Nation of Domination stable. All of them are talented but are heels for the wrong reasons. Have them talk about Ferguson and Travon Martin. It would be great and they'd actually get legit heat.

Have Stardust join them at some point for comedy.

It would be awesome.

Simple Fan
04-13-2015, 11:17 PM
Slater instead of Stardust and your on to something.

Shisen Kopf
04-13-2015, 11:25 PM
They could ride to the ring on stolen bikes.

Simple Fan
04-14-2015, 12:08 AM
Drinking red koolaid and holding a bucket of fried chicken.

Shadrick
04-14-2015, 08:06 AM
nope.

drave
04-14-2015, 08:12 AM
2nd Shadrick

Tom Guycott
04-14-2015, 08:27 AM
Make a new Nation of Domination stable. All of them are talented but are heels for the wrong reasons. Have them talk about Ferguson and Travon Martin. It would be great and they'd actually get legit heat.

Have Stardust join them at some point for comedy.

It would be awesome.

Slater instead of Stardust and your on to something.

And have Roman Reigns come in later in a "Die Rocky Die" scenario

And if Slater wears the appropriate "caution" Owen inspired attire, it would lend for more Slator Gator moments by stable association. I am on board with this.

Kris P Lettus
04-14-2015, 08:48 AM
nope.

2nd Shadrick

Ok, let's just keep them a gay Christian rappers.

That is so much better.

drave
04-14-2015, 09:08 AM
There was nothing wrong with any of them before the stupid New Day. They (especially Kofi) just need more exposure and "something from creative". Kofi was gold when he had his short-lived feud with Orton, THAT is what they need to let him do.

Big E was also better before hand. His stupid ass preacher voice is the worst and I couldn't care less about his presence on the TV anymore. He could have used more exposure as a single talent to allow for some sorta personality to come through. He has the look and moves very well for a big guy.

Xavier Woods can do something..... he would be a great funny guy.

drave
04-14-2015, 09:09 AM
Just tired of recycled ideas/factions.

Clerk
04-14-2015, 09:14 AM
That "Faction" would be terrible because those superstars don't really matter. And what would talking about the events in ferguson and travon martin do for them? Racial profiling is not good for WWE. Just put the WWE World Heavyweight Championship on John Cena and it's all good.

Dukelorange
04-14-2015, 09:18 AM
Prime Time Players are fine how they are.

Tom Guycott
04-14-2015, 09:23 AM
C'mon, man. New Nation is right up there with Cena turning heel. Only more fun, because we can plug in what underrated black guys we'd like to see on TV more.

And as a correction, there was nothing wrong with Big E in NXT. Main roster Big E has been background noise and mismanagement from jump. Hell, if he addressed this (in non southern baptist voice) and went on a Taz (one z) style Path of Rage, kicking everyone's ass- face or heel- he'd be on the path to be the big deal WWE expected.

Kingston vs Ziggler should have been headling PPVs by now. I still feel bitter about this.

Consequences Creed seemed interesting with that promo he cut where the stable now known as New Day formed and he was shaping up to be the ringleader/mouthpiece. Made valid points about pandering and dancing getting them nowhere... then they re emerge pandering and dancing like so much Brodus Clay, and all that promising charisma got sucked out of his character.

Dukelorange
04-14-2015, 09:38 AM
Creed was at his best with Jay Lethal... Which would have been called up to NXT with him in the first place.

Rollermacka
04-14-2015, 11:31 AM
They should put all them der minorite types together and put them on a boat and send them back to where they came from!

http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m2u68ufczB1r9hvapo1_500.jpg

#1-norm-fan
04-14-2015, 12:10 PM
Prime Time Players are fine how they are.

Yeah, they don't even get a negative reaction or anything. How are they "heels for the wrong reasons"? lol

drave
04-14-2015, 12:54 PM
C'mon, man. New Nation is right up there with Cena turning heel. Only more fun, because we can plug in what underrated black guys we'd like to see on TV more.

A new Nation has potential, but not the retarded race-bait direction mentioned above. They don't need cheap heat like that and WWE doesn't need to throw their hat in that circle.

And as a correction, there was nothing wrong with Big E in NXT. Main roster Big E has been background noise and mismanagement from jump. Hell, if he addressed this (in non southern baptist voice) and went on a Taz (one z) style Path of Rage, kicking everyone's ass- face or heel- he'd be on the path to be the big deal WWE expected.

That would be awesome!

Evil Vito
04-14-2015, 01:18 PM
<font color=goldenrod>I dunno. I don't think every black stable automatically needs to become the Nation of Domination.

I've always kinda been a sucker for "heels who think they are faces" type of characters and that seems to be what The New Day are becoming. Certainly more interested in that than watching them be presented as legitimate good guys with this over the top blaxploitation gimmick.</font>

SlickyTrickyDamon
04-14-2015, 01:23 PM
They could ride to the ring on stolen bikes.

Los Boriquas stole the bikes.

Kris P Lettus
04-14-2015, 01:23 PM
Yeah, they don't even get a negative reaction or anything. How are they "heels for the wrong reasons"? lol

Their promo went over so well last night.

Def the spot of the night.

Evil Vito
04-14-2015, 01:27 PM
<font color=goldenrod>To be fair last night's show was in London, and London fans are excessively smarky it seems. They tend to boo anybody who isn't an internet favorite.</font>

SlickyTrickyDamon
04-14-2015, 01:53 PM

The Prime Time Players are faces aren't they? The New Day are turning heelish.

SlickyTrickyDamon
04-14-2015, 01:57 PM
Somebody should put up a Face/Heel Scorecard for all leagues.

Supreme Olajuwon
04-14-2015, 02:03 PM
Stardust is NOT a nugget.

NormanSmiley
04-14-2015, 02:50 PM
the attitude era is over, let it go. and fuck canada

#1-norm-fan
04-14-2015, 05:12 PM
Their promo went over so well last night.

Def the spot of the night.

I haven't watched Raw yet and don't base whether a guy/team is a heel or face on one reaction. They don't get heel heat like New Day. They aren't heels for no reason. People generally react well to them.

Volare
04-14-2015, 05:19 PM

Kingston vs Ziggler should have been headling PPVs by now. I still feel bitter about this.

Consequences Creed seemed interesting with that promo he cut where the stable now known as New Day formed and he was shaping up to be the ringleader/mouthpiece. Made valid points about pandering and dancing getting them nowhere... then they re emerge pandering and dancing like so much Brodus Clay, and all that promising charisma got sucked out of his character.

Go off on how Cena and Bryan want to hog all the titles and hold down everyone else more importantly them. Faction vs 2 people with good purpose.

#1-norm-fan
04-14-2015, 05:26 PM
Just watched the promo. Where's the heel part?

Also, Darren Young's favorite color is rainbow. lol

SlickyTrickyDamon
04-14-2015, 05:30 PM
New Day cheated to win=heel.

PTP comically insulted tag teams=not heel.

Simple Fan
04-14-2015, 05:33 PM
Hate that they put Titus back with Young. He is great in the mic, a big dude and could probably do a good heel ass kickin dude. I always thought a group of Titus, Henry, R Truth, and Kofi called Domination would be cool. Woods could be a good mouthpiece for the group.

XL
04-14-2015, 05:48 PM
Is courting bad publicity the way to go with anything for WWE? One mention of those real life events and the stable is DOA (not Disciples of Apocolypse).

Simple Fan
04-14-2015, 05:50 PM
I believed they could just play off examples inside the company and be fine.

Ultra Mantis
04-14-2015, 06:50 PM
Didn't they postpone and then entirely cancel the whole angry heel version of what became "The New Day" because of the Ferguson stuff?

#1-norm-fan
04-14-2015, 07:11 PM
I assumed they postponed and then cancelled it because they aren't really sure what the fuck they wanna do creatively on a week-to-week basis.

Kris P Lettus
04-14-2015, 10:46 PM
Just watched the promo. Where's the heel part?

In that it was horrible and poorly received.

Which goes back to the "heels for the wrong reason".

They are so well received they marquee every ppv. Oh wait, no they dont, because they are terrible.

#1-norm-fan
04-14-2015, 10:47 PM
So all but like 5 guys on the roster are heels. Got it.

Kris P Lettus
04-14-2015, 10:48 PM
Going full heel is better than being a lame face who gets boo'd.

Fignuts
04-14-2015, 10:49 PM
THEY TUK ERR JERRRRBS!

#1-norm-fan
04-14-2015, 10:51 PM
Again, don't think I hear a single boo during that promo nor have I heard them get booed since they've gotten back together. In fact, I hear some laughter from the crowd and people chanting their catchphrase at the end. #heel

screech
04-14-2015, 10:53 PM
I booed them at the Rumble. Does that count for anything?

Tom Guycott
04-15-2015, 12:18 AM
Hate that they put Titus back with Young. He is great in the mic, a big dude and could probably do a good heel ass kickin dude. I always thought a group of Titus, Henry, R Truth, and Kofi called Domination would be cool. Woods could be a good mouthpiece for the group.

I don't. I honestly don't get why they broke the team up to begin with. Actually, I do get "why", I just honestly don't understand the thought process on how this is nearly ALWAYS handled. They were in a decent run; a marketable team with a damn team name (which is always a plus) yet still aren't "twins"... as in look and act the same as a team (NXTs Blake & Murphy come to mind). Then, Titus' ego gets the better of him and he was supposed to 1) betray his partner b) become super hot heel 3)??? 4) PROFIT!

The problem became thus: they didn't DO anything with him. The "over by osmosis" trap WWE seems to keep stepping in. He's supposed to have been uber heel because big, impressive looking black guy with a bit of charisma... but other than the Darren Young revenge angle, there was ZERO plan for Titus. Or Young. Hell, Young got more over coming out in that interview outside of WWE than his inevitable non push would have garnered. Apart, they were both on the road to being post 'mania spring cleaning.

Again, I understand the thought process behind a tag team breakup. The potential heel betrays the potential babyface, the heel develops a personality, babyface comes back after "injury" for revenge, they feud, blow off, and they both go separate ways to presumably successful singles careers. However, WWEs biggest flaw here is they stop thinking about the talent right about the time of the breakup. After the presumed blow off (which sometimes never happens... like with Cryme Tyme) they seem to lose interest in the backswing, and BOTH talents shuffle off TV into mediocrity. There are no angles, feuds, or even basic plans. They're jus supposed to be, well, "over by osmosis", and because the world doesn't work that way, it is somehow the fault of those wrestlers instead dof the fault lying at the feet of the decision makers who prompted their breakup to begin with.

Not every team splitting needs to be handled like The Rockers, and even there, that wasn't as successful as it could have been in that, Janetty's outside issues aside, he was on the road to becoming stale. Michaels evolved, Marty had the same gear, same music, same moves, etc. And while that was still a period of time it could have worked with fans, it would have been better to freshen him up a bit as well. But again, Michaels got shit to DO! He got angles, he got feuds, he got matches that were on TV at a time where TV time as super limited. People seem to forget about the work that needs to go into a talent after they are no longer a tag team. They just seem to be plopped out there and told "hey you, get over!" when this is a big risk for not only both guys, but the potential to cancel out whatever success they both may have accomplished as a duo in the long run.

So, back to the PTPs, a charismatic team with a team name, yet are clearly individually identifiable. They have the unenviable task to try to rebuild their success because someone in creative thought it would be fun to break them up and then do nothimg with either man, then let Young languish in injury obscurity while O'Neal gets random other tag partners in his supposed singles run (as funny as Slator Gator was, it further illustrated the futility of making Titus a "singles" guy just to pair him up elsewhere).

I love them reuniting. At least this way, they have a chance. Wish they still had AW, because WWE is sorely lacking in ringside managers, and as godlike as he is, Paul Heyman can't do it all nor is he going to be around forever. But, that's another argument for another thread.

Dukelorange
04-16-2015, 09:13 AM
They can bring in Sasha Banks as a manager for a while and then ease her into wrestling. Then have a soft breakup....

Prime Time Players need a run with the Tag Titles. They are an old school team of the highest degree. Their double team moves are a throwback of the 80s 90s.

I would love to see the buildup to a tag title match between PTP and Enzo and Big Cass. The promos would be better than the bout.