PDA

View Full Version : Should Adam Rose and The Ascension return to NXT "full time"?

Rollermacka
04-17-2015, 12:52 PM
I saw the "who should get released" post and it got me thinking about this question. Both The Ascension and Adam Rose were crazy over in the NXT universe, but haven't "translated" as well to the main roster. About a month ago, Rose went back to NXT as a face and was well received, I assume the same thing would happen with the Ascension if they went back. So my question is, should the Ascension and Adam Rose be slowly moved back to NXT?

screech
04-17-2015, 01:47 PM
Didn't see Rose at all in NXT, but The Ascension weren't buried down there so I say yes to them heading back.

Rammsteinmad
04-17-2015, 02:34 PM
Part of me still thinks The Ascension might go somewhere some day. But there is absolutely no chance of them being the super-unstoppable team they were in NXT.

Fucking hell WWE. Had an awesome team with an awesome gimmick who were over, and one week in they get strapped to this lame-ass "we're better than the Legion of Doom and Demolition" gimmick and that's it see ya later!

Shisen Kopf
04-17-2015, 03:23 PM
Repackage them as The Legion of Demolition Warriors. Give them shoulder pads with 5 foot spikes. Give them a super tough guy gimmick. Have them enter chilIi eating contests like 3 alarm and higher. Have them beat up a car full of jocks. plus many other tough guy things like watching MMA. Change their names to Tex and Mex. Instant overness.

Shisen Kopf
04-17-2015, 03:31 PM
As far as Adam Rose. Change his name to Adam Storm. Every rose has its storm afterall. Instead of Rosebuds he now has Storm Troopers. Again 100% over.

Ultra Mantis
04-17-2015, 03:36 PM
Every rose has a silver lining.

screech
04-17-2015, 04:17 PM
lol storm troopers would be great

VSG
04-17-2015, 04:29 PM
lol storm troopers

XL
04-17-2015, 04:51 PM
They should hire some rough looking broads, call them something like Tina and Becky Thorn, love triangle angle, he can be the Rose between two Thorns.

NormanSmiley
04-17-2015, 05:07 PM
with Mr. Fuji as their managers they would all be over within 2 weeks

Emperor Smeat
04-17-2015, 05:35 PM
I'd say no for the Acension and yes for Rose.

Acension just need to be in a meaningful feud although the same could be said for most tag teams on the main roster. Rose likely needs a big reboot or gimmick change at this point and something NXT can provide for him.

Lock Jaw
04-17-2015, 05:40 PM
Adam Rose and The Ascension....

Good band name....

Rollermacka
04-17-2015, 05:47 PM
Adam Rose and The Ascension....

Good band name....

Lol, should they become a trio? Go to Lucha Underground and challenge for the trios title?

Simple Fan
04-17-2015, 06:26 PM
I feel Rose can just drop the party gimmick and be ok, he is not stuck with it like Fandango. If the Ascension had a good manager to do the talking they would be ok. I can see James Mitchell being perfect for the job. I would send them back to NXT though. I hate when they call a NXT talent up and all they do is try to get the gimmick over. If they don't have a solid program for NXT call ups they should stay in NXT. Neville has just had solid match after solid match which has helped him, and a match with the WWE champion didnt hurt either.

XL
04-18-2015, 05:21 AM
I'd have paired Corey Graves with The Ascension when they came up. They knew he was done from an inring standpoint, and obviously have faith in his ability to talk. Graves in a suit, bitter that his career is over before it really began, bringing this wrecking crew to the main roster.

Supreme Olajuwon
04-18-2015, 06:09 AM
I never watched NXT but there is no way I buy the Ascension as a dominating tag team on the main roster. They don't have the look at all. Neither of them have the size which wouldn't be the end of the world except they're both flabby looking. When the Shield came up they were all CUT and it totally helped forward the gimmick.

Lose the love handles and we'll talk.

XL
04-18-2015, 06:59 AM
You could only see The Shield's arms.

Mr. Nerfect
04-18-2015, 10:15 AM
The Ascension never really did as much as people think they did in NXT. They basically won enhancement matches for a year. And that's fine. If you want them to succeed on the main roster, that is what they should have been brought up doing, and arguably what they should still be doing -- but the WWE has no patience for such things.

I'd be all for those three guys returning to NXT. The WWE should really have another developmental promotion where some NXT talents can go to get experience working in front of different crowds, and to practice debuting them once they have an established gimmick.

Nicky Fives
04-18-2015, 10:16 AM
Ascension need a mouthpiece bad, Rose needs to head back to NXT and become Leo Kruger again.....

Kris P Lettus
04-18-2015, 10:21 AM
Ascension need a mouthpiece bad, Rose needs to head back to NXT and become Leo Kruger again.....

Heyman?

Simple Fan
04-18-2015, 01:51 PM

Agree 100%, James Mitchell or Gangrel would be perfect for the Ascension.

Lock Jaw
04-18-2015, 02:31 PM
Ascension were never really "good" in NXT... just beat up jobbers in squash matches forever, and got "over" only because the crowd down there is weird and "glommed on" to Konnor yelling "YAH" everytime he kicked a guy.

Lock Jaw
04-18-2015, 02:35 PM
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/yPlFF9HvdwU" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Miss this theme/entrance with the blacklight contact lenses and the other dude with the flashlight in his face.

SlickyTrickyDamon
04-18-2015, 08:09 PM
I love Regal. If I was their opponents I would have buggered off by now lol.

Dukelorange
04-18-2015, 11:27 PM
WWE's track record for introducing NXT stars hasn't been that good. Then again the NXT crowd and the WWE crowd are very different.

Vastardikai
04-19-2015, 12:10 AM
I recently saw an ad for Party City on Youtube starring... Adam Rose. It was so random, but it made sense.