PDA

View Full Version : Global Force Wrestling Roster EARTHSHATTERING ANNOUCEMENTS

Dark One
05-06-2015, 02:16 PM
Global Force Wrestling held a press conference today in Las Vegas, and announced the following talent for the promotion…

* Chael Sonnen (Announced as the “expert analyst”)
* PJ Black (Formerly Justin Gabriel in WWE)
* Davey Boy Smith Jr (Formerly DH Smith in WWE)
* Doc Gallows (Formerly Luke Gallows/Festus in WWE)
* Karl Anderson

https://whatistheexcel.com/wooobooru/_images/8b692962708d5ddc255f2ae6a2a75241/472%20-%20don_west%20gif%20high_five%20mike_tenay%20tna.gif

Dark One
05-06-2015, 02:18 PM
I feel like a backyard poster. God damnit.

The TNA is strong in this one. Hyping a roster announcement that ends up being five people, one of which is a former UFC loud mouth who will be commentating wrestling for probably the first real time.

Gallows plus Anderson is pretty solid I guess, but not sure since I don't follow Theor Japanese work. The other two guys are solid too, but no real star power here.

Three duplexes out of sixteen.

Big Vic
05-06-2015, 02:22 PM
Karl Anderson is Ken Kennedy?

What Would Kevin Do?
05-06-2015, 02:24 PM
No, he is Gallow's partner in NJPW I believe.

CSL
05-06-2015, 02:27 PM
yah ^

http://img4.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20120507030729/prowrestling/images/2/27/Karl_Anderson_1.jpg

wonder if they'll be used as Bullet Club given Jarrett is in Bullet Club and his New Japan links

CSL
05-06-2015, 02:27 PM
also, Chael :heart:

Black Widow
05-06-2015, 02:43 PM
If that's the best he can do then no reason to care.

Emperor Smeat
05-06-2015, 02:49 PM
Assuming those are the only big star names for GFW, wonder if Sonnen is the one the dirtsheets had hinted GFW managed to snag away from the WWE's grasp. Was supposed to be a big name and one that the WWE had been interested in a while for a possible deal.

loopydate
05-06-2015, 02:55 PM
I like all of those guys.

BUT

This isn't exactly an "earth-shaking announcement." If he's looking to distance himself from TNA's reputation of hyping WWE midcarders as big deals, a roster made up of three former WWE midcarders and one of their tag partners from Japan is not exactly comforting.

CSL
05-06-2015, 02:57 PM
Hoyt, Masters and Moose also

Dark One
05-06-2015, 03:00 PM
Hoyt, Masters and Moose also

I like all of those guys.

BUT

This isn't exactly an "earth-shaking announcement." If he's looking to distance himself from TNA's reputation of hyping WWE midcarders as big deals, a roster made up of three former WWE midcarders and one of their tag partners from Japan is not exactly comforting.

CSL
05-06-2015, 03:01 PM
not sure who you or anybody else were expecting, pretty much all the "big names" are elsewhere/unavailable, this was never going to be groundbreaking really. I just hope they do well. If they can get themselves a TV deal and some backing, they could potentially quite quickly be on par with TNA, making them a viable option for guys already working there. Plus bring in some not so well known names and potentially make a few "stars" of their own

Emperor Smeat
05-06-2015, 03:10 PM
Star-wise, the partnership GFW has with NJPW is going to help. As well as the one they have in Mexico with AAA although might have some issues using both at the same time.

NJPW only has a working deal with AAA's rival in Mexico I think.

drave
05-06-2015, 03:26 PM
not sure who you or anybody else were expecting, pretty much all the "big names" are elsewhere/unavailable, this was never going to be groundbreaking really. I just hope they do well. If they can get themselves a TV deal and some backing, they could potentially quite quickly be on par with TNA, making them a viable option for guys already working there. Plus bring in some not so well known names and potentially make a few "stars" of their own

TV + NJPW partnership = potential KOKESHIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII on US tv :D

drave
05-06-2015, 03:27 PM
And LARIIIIATTTTTTTOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO's

outta nowhere

CSL
05-06-2015, 03:28 PM

I don't know if the rest of the world is ready for Honmania

loopydate
05-06-2015, 03:32 PM

Honestly, I was hoping for a more international flair. Obviously, he's already talked extensively about some of the Japanese guys they're bringing in, but it feels like today would have been the day to highlight some of those guys instead. Obviously, there's nobody left that would have a real "Oh my god, they got HIM!!?" reaction, so I'd rather him put the spotlight on the new guys and the international guys rather than the "cast-offs."

As I said though, I like all of these guys, and I'll certainly give them a shot. Just feels underwhelming for the Big Announcement From The Alternative Promotion.

Evil Vito
05-06-2015, 03:35 PM
<font color=goldenrod>I quite like everybody who's been announced so far. I'm sure they'll sprinkle in a few unknowns as well.

Also even though it's been a running joke for quite some time, I was never sure why TNA signing ex-WWE guys is viewed as a bad thing. Sometimes WWE let go of people who were genuinely not used to the best of their potential. It's not like they signed a guy like Kozlov who even they know is shit.</font>

Innovator
05-06-2015, 04:05 PM
WOOO FAMOUS HOOT

Innovator
05-06-2015, 04:05 PM

Don't fucking tease me

Simple Fan
05-06-2015, 04:34 PM
Moose is a good one don't know how he got him away from ROH. The Bullet Club and Killer Elite Squad in the tag team division is a good start. Has to be some big names coming later I have a feeling Goldberg might be involved in GFW.

#1-norm-fan
05-06-2015, 05:30 PM
not sure who you or anybody else were expecting, pretty much all the "big names" are elsewhere/unavailable, this was never going to be groundbreaking really.

If they sign former WWE guys, everyone's gonna call it lame because signing old WWE guys is "easy". If they sign guys who aren't from WWE, everyone's gonna call it lame because they aren't a big deal.

Seriously, what the fuck are they supposed to do?

Simple Fan
05-06-2015, 05:38 PM
Hope they get a decent TV deal now.

youreSAWFT
05-06-2015, 09:05 PM
well this is the first wave, if they start showing good competition and Jarret pays his guys well more guys are going to come through and want to join. give it time.

Wishbone
05-07-2015, 12:47 AM
Not expecting much from this at all. If it does end up doing well though I'll be pleasantly surprised. Some of the guys mentioned are pretty decent so there could be some fun to be had if Jarret doesn't fuck up.

Rollermacka
05-07-2015, 12:58 AM
I wonder how many guys from Ring Ka King Jarrett is gonna sign?

Dark One
05-07-2015, 01:03 AM
I wonder how many guys from Ring Ka King Jarrett is gonna sign?

I expect you to be GFW champion by 2016.

Rollermacka
05-07-2015, 01:06 AM
I expect you to be GFW champion by 2016.

No Titan announced on the roster yet :'(

Disturbed316
05-07-2015, 05:06 AM
A bunch of jobbers. They need huge names if anyone is going to pay attention and these guys are not it.

#1-norm-fan
05-07-2015, 05:51 AM
What huge names are sitting out there on the market that you suggest they get?

screech
05-07-2015, 06:17 AM
I hear Maven is available.

drave
05-07-2015, 06:51 AM
Maven - That one guy who won that one show and eliminated Undertaker from that one match that one time.

That guy?

What Would Kevin Do?
05-07-2015, 08:07 AM
He is going to need a deal from NJPW to make this work.

I mean, Okada could be huge, but Nakamura would be amazing.

Shelton Benjamin wouldn't be a bad grab. Him or like JTG if he is still wrestling. Basically, they'd be smart to get a charismatic black guy to get behind.

Joey Ryan would be a nice grab. Colt Cabana, Chuck Taylor, and Johnny Gargano I think are all free. None of these guys are "big" though.

Not sure who they can get to be a "big name", but they could have a nice roster...

He will probably get AJ Styles though.

road doggy dogg
05-07-2015, 08:26 AM
Don't understand peoples' cynicism. What were you expecting? Them announcing they got Seth Rollins out of his WWE contract to sign there?

Seth82
05-07-2015, 09:49 AM
I actually can't wait to see this if they get a tv deal.

that partnership with New Japan could be huge. I'd love to see Okada, Nakamura and Tanahashi on the show as well.

Karl Anderson is a great addition to their roster.

Chimera
05-07-2015, 04:46 PM
This sounds exciting!

But what Im really excited for right now is the truly EARTHSHATTERING announcement of an IRON MAN match between MINIAK and her husband Swede Savard!

Saturday, May 9th, 2015 on the Season 6 Finale of Carnage, CHW Backyard Champion Miniak will defend her title against "The Pride of Pittsburgh" Swede Savard. General Manager, Matty Boyle has raised the steaks even higher! This contest will now be the 1st ever 25-Minute Iron Man Match. Both combatants have agreed to put their relationship to the side for the sake of competition. The only question that remains is who will end the Season as Champ? We all know that S&M are neck-and-neck when it comes to matches between them. Somebody is going to break that tie!

http://www.chwbackyard.com/uploads/2/5/4/6/25465882/7208600.jpg

I AM PUMPED!

MoFo
05-07-2015, 06:21 PM
It's not the roster thats a worry it's the fact theres so much wrestling out there that you need an x-factor to get attention....Lucha Underground/ROH/CHIKARA all have a 'niche', this just lioks like a poor mans TNA...although it is a fledgling company so will prol grow better

Simple Fan
05-07-2015, 08:42 PM
A bunch of jobbers. They need huge names if anyone is going to pay attention and these guys are not it.

Moose is no jobber, he has been in ROH for a bit and used to play in the NFL. He is pretty agile to be a big guy.

#1-norm-fan
05-07-2015, 09:06 PM
It's not the roster thats a worry it's the fact theres so much wrestling out there that you need an x-factor to get attention....Lucha Underground/ROH/CHIKARA all have a 'niche', this just lioks like a poor mans TNA...although it is a fledgling company so will prol grow better

They haven't run a show yet...

Bad News Gertner
05-07-2015, 09:27 PM
They should get Scott Steiner to do play by play with Chael Sonnen

Dark One
05-07-2015, 10:28 PM
They should get Scott Steiner to do play by play with Chael Sonnen

I would never watch a show by any other promotion ever again. I would buy everything GFW ever put out.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/-YVNP1G0KSA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

He's just ring announcing here. IMAGINE IF HE WAS COMMENTARY.

Blonde Moment
05-08-2015, 05:46 AM
Don't understand peoples' cynicism. What were you expecting? Them announcing they got Seth Rollins out of his WWE contract to sign there?

It has become the nature of the internet to tear everything down and destroy it before it even starts. As f ar as wrestling goes i am really starting to think that the only thing that will "save" it is for the WWe to go belly up and divided into territories again. Always pissed me off about people saying so and so sucks and has no talent when they don't have the balls lace up a pair of shoes and try it for themselves. There is not a talent mentioned on that list that could not get over given the proper set up, manager or gimmick provided the lawnchair jockey's could stay off the keyboard for 5 minutes and STFU. I love Nakamura but how long do you honestly take for American fans to start pissing all over him?

Fuck fuck fuck

#1-norm-fan
05-08-2015, 05:55 AM
If the perfect wrestling organization were to come along with the perfect "niche", people would complain that the star power isn't big enough. We're 15 years past the point where free agents were a thing. There's nothing you can do at this point as far as reeling in star power. You either take WWE's castoffs or you start with a bunch of nobodies. Those are the only options in today's landscape. What you do with that group of talent is what matters. And considering they've spent a year not rushing things and being very concerned with every little detail, I'd say they're doing fine at the moment.

Rammsteinmad
05-08-2015, 06:57 AM
By the time GFW actually puts on any shows, half of their roster will be in their mid-40's.

Nicky Fives
05-08-2015, 07:30 AM
Not really surprising to see the TNA/WWE castoffs being the first to sign.... I love Jarrett and will be watching regardless.... I haven't watched TNA in 2 months due to lack of interest/no time....

Evil Vito
05-11-2015, 06:09 PM
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/7FG9KRT9oME" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<font color=goldenrod>Cliff Compton :love:

Also The Young Bucks, Sonjay Dutt, Brodus Clay, Thea Trinidad, Lei'D Tapa</font>

SlickyTrickyDamon
05-11-2015, 06:15 PM
That guy Jamin Olivencia was on that Indy podcast with AJ Styles posted here last summer. This is a big signing for him.

#1-norm-fan
05-11-2015, 06:18 PM
Haven't seen enough Cliff Compton in ROH or elsewhere to know how he is outside his WWE character but I was a HUGE fan of him as Domino.

Evil Vito
05-11-2015, 06:53 PM
Haven't seen enough Cliff Compton in ROH or elsewhere to know how he is outside his WWE character but I was a HUGE fan of him as Domino.

<font color=goldenrod>He's had some fun matches with Steen in ROH. Haven't seen a lot of his OVW stuff though which is where most of his post-WWE work has been.

Even if you don't like Colt Cabana, do yourself a favor and check out the 3 times Cliff was guest on Art of Wrestling. I think the first one was like 2010, the second 2011, and the third was just last year. In his second one he talks about a Nigerian tour he did with Luke Gallows and it's pretty much the funniest wrestling story I've heard.</font>

Mr. Nerfect
05-14-2015, 07:26 PM
It actually looks like a very good roster. I expect a lot of talent will be in and out of the company, but a lot of the core guys will tear it up there.

#1-norm-fan
05-14-2015, 07:29 PM
Apparently they've signed Jim Cornette, which is awesome. Even if it fails, Cornette will get another amazing 3 hour shoot interview out of it so... win/win.

Mr. Nerfect
05-14-2015, 07:48 PM
Hahaha! Agreed.

Simple Fan
05-16-2015, 06:33 PM
* Shelton Benjamin
* Scott Hall
* Jamin Olivencia
* Andrew Everett
* Jimmy Rave
* Takaaki Watanabe
* Trent Barreta
* Tyrus
* George T. Murdoch (formerly Tyrus in TNA; Brodus Clay in WWE)
* The Hotshots (Cassidy Riley and Chase Stevens)

Simple Fan
05-16-2015, 06:37 PM
http://www.globalforcewrestling.com/roster/

Sixx
05-16-2015, 06:37 PM
Thought this was gonna be about some backyard fed.

Lock Jaw
05-16-2015, 07:12 PM
They got Scott Hall?! Oh man! Huge coup for them!

road doggy dogg
05-16-2015, 07:23 PM
Still don't get posts like that ^

Like seriously, what are you expecting.. Dolph Ziggler or Dean Ambrose to leave WWE and join a startup? smh...

Lock Jaw
05-16-2015, 07:55 PM
I expect to see you in court.

road doggy dogg
05-16-2015, 08:16 PM
Damn, wonder what kinda dirt SlikJaw Investigations has dug up on me...

Droford
05-16-2015, 09:11 PM
http://www.globalforcewrestling.com/roster/

Something amusing about this

Resource Limit Is Reached

The website is temporarily unable to service your request as it exceeded resource limit. Please try again later.

Bad News Gertner
05-16-2015, 09:16 PM
Really wished Matt Morgan still wrestled. Always thought he could be a guy that you could build a company around.

Droford
05-16-2015, 11:24 PM
The blueprint didn't exactly pan out for TNA

Emperor Smeat
05-16-2015, 11:40 PM
Card lineups for the first couple of shows were announced.

6/12 in Jackson, TN at The Ballpark at Jackson:
*Doc Gallows & Karl Anderson vs. The New Heavenly Bodies.
*Sonjay Dutt vs. Jamin Olivencia.
*Chris Adonis (Masters) vs. Dustin Starr.
*The Tate Twins, Brent and Brandon Tate vs. The Best Friends, Chuck Taylor & Trent Baretta.
*Lei’D Tapa vs. Thea Trinidad.
*George T. Murdoch (Tyrus aka Brodus Clay) vs. Moose.
Also appearing will be Jim Cornette.

6/13 in in Knoxville, TN at Smokies Park:
*Doc Gallows & Karl Anderson vs. The New Heavenly Bodies.
*Sonjay Dutt & Chase Owens vs. Jamin Olivencia & Jason Kincaid.
*Chris Adonis (Masters) vs. Devin Driscoll.
*The Tate Twins, Brent and Brandon Tate vs. The Best Friends, Chuck Taylor & Trent Baretta.
*Lei’D Tapa vs. Thea Trinidad.
*George T. Murdoch (Tyrus aka Brodus Clay) vs. Moose.
Also appearing will be Jim Cornette.

Friday 6/20 in Jackson, MS at Trustmark Park:
*Shelton Benjamin vs. Chris Adonis (Masters)
*The Hot Shots (Cassidy Riley & Chase Stevens) vs. Andrew Everett & PJ Black (Justin Gabriel)
*Sonjay Dutt vs. Jimmy Rave vs. Jigsaw
*Chuck Taylor vs. Cliff Compton.
*Luke Hawx vs. Luke Gallows.
*Lei’D Tapa vs. Thea Trinidad
Also appearing will be Scott Hall.

Saturday 6/21 in Bowling Green, KY at Bowling Green Ballpark:
*Shelton Benjamin vs. Chris Adonis (Masters)
*The Young Bucks vs. Andrew Everett & PJ Black (Justin Gabriel)
Sonjay Dutt vs. Jimmy Rave vs. Jigsaw
*Chuck Taylor vs. Cliff Compton.
*Luke Hawx vs. Luke Gallows.
*Lei’D Tapa vs. Thea Trinidad
Also appearing will be Scott Hall.

Bad News Gertner
05-16-2015, 11:47 PM
The blueprint didn't exactly pan out for TNA

Lol what did

Rammsteinmad
05-17-2015, 05:08 AM
Holy shit Chuck Taylor! GFW is now my new favourite promotion. :D :D :D

Shisen Kopf
05-17-2015, 11:31 AM
No David Arquette? No watch.

Sixx
05-17-2015, 12:31 PM
No David Arquette? No watch.

I heard they were close to signing a deal with Scott Baio, so you might want to reconsider.

Maluco
05-17-2015, 12:50 PM
Wonder who they will be pushing as their top guys. TNA always seemed to have Christian, Angle, Sting etc... As their main guys, so never really got to see new guys presented as top bill from scratch. It was more guys like Roode and Aries looking like they could "hang" with them for a while.

Will be interesting to see. Looks like Brodus could be their big monster heel champ?

Rammsteinmad
05-17-2015, 12:54 PM
So just having a browse on GFW's page and looking at their roster... so far there's a lot of small, nitpicky things that I'm noticing that put me off.

For one, they have info on everyone's background, which is fair enough. But the first thing you read on PJ Black's page is "You might remember PJ Black as Justin Gabriel in WWE". I dunno. Just kinda feels like "urgh". They should do like WWE and not acknowledge other big promotions. Just a simple "PJ Black has wrestled all over the world" would do.

There's also typos. Loads. "Black is a three-time WWE tag team champion, a two-time Slammy Award winner, and he was rated as Pro Wrestling Illustrated’s most hated wrestler of the year in 2010 when he part of the Nexus faction in WWE."

I remember when he part of the Nexus faction.

Just all seems very amateur and low-key right now.

I'm still intrigued because it's a potential new product to get behind. But they'll never be anywhere near to putting themselves on the map with this generic "indy" approach to their product.

Rammsteinmad
05-17-2015, 12:57 PM
"Mordetzky was positioned to be in title matches during 2005 and 2006 and feuded with several top stars in the company including Kurt Angle and John Cena. He left the company for a couple of years and returned for another run from 2009 to 2011. This time Mordetzky was leaner and had made improvements on his in-ring style."

So basically... he was shit, came back, was slightly better... And he made improvements "to" his in-ring style. Not on it.

Rammsteinmad
05-17-2015, 12:59 PM
So basically 89.3% of the GFW roster's bio page starts with "Fans might remember [wrestler name] from his time in World Wrestling Entertainment where he was known as..."

Still... they have Chuck Taylor. So... :heart:

Ultra Mantis
05-17-2015, 01:44 PM
GWF are a Carlito away from being cool / something I'd want to check out.

Shisen Kopf
05-17-2015, 01:48 PM
I heard they were close to signing a deal with Scott Baio, so you might want to reconsider.

But Arquette brings legitimacy, he was a former World champion. They need go sign him.

Corporate CockSnogger
05-17-2015, 02:26 PM
Is Jeff Jarrett going to wrestle? When does this start? Will it be on TV? I might consider watching it if it'll just be like an hour a week.

Emperor Smeat
05-17-2015, 02:29 PM
Wonder who they will be pushing as their top guys. TNA always seemed to have Christian, Angle, Sting etc... As their main guys, so never really got to see new guys presented as top bill from scratch. It was more guys like Roode and Aries looking like they could "hang" with them for a while.

Will be interesting to see. Looks like Brodus could be their big monster heel champ?

Probably Chris Masters since he's on all the shows so far. A couple of others are as well but they are in a mix of tag and singles matches or the only women wrestling.

Sixx
05-17-2015, 02:53 PM
But Arquette brings legitimacy, he was a former World champion. They need go sign him.

Charles is in Charge, bro.

Evil Vito
05-17-2015, 02:55 PM

<font color=goldenrod>Supposedly any TNA/RoH talent are allowed to work for GFW but not appear on televised events. So I can't see Brodus being the first champion.</font>

Jordan
05-17-2015, 03:22 PM
I am not impressed with those lineups, good for an indy show but not anything special. I may go to the Knoxville show if they get a good draw on top.

Heisenberg
05-19-2015, 01:32 PM
http://globalforcewrestling.com/lop/2015/05/scott-steiner.jpg

Lock Jaw
05-19-2015, 02:33 PM
Apparently Steiner has a skeleton on his back now

http://i.imgur.com/unmKci0.jpg

Mr. Nerfect
05-22-2015, 05:24 AM
Chris Masters has got something to offer. I imagine him being an early star for them, if not the star. I could see his matches with Shelton Benjamin going either way. Given that he's working both tag and singles, I could weirdly see Doc Gallows and The Bullet Club being a big early focus of the promotion.

I'm actually hoping that Moose beats George T. Murdoch. I actually haven't seen Moose wrestle, but given his background, I could see him being a "star." Cliff Compton also seems like he could be positioned to be an early player.

Evil Vito
05-27-2015, 07:49 PM
<font color=goldenrod>Would be thrilled if Compton was an early player. Very interested in seeing where they go with him. He's a funny guy and could easily use that in either a face or heel role. Could even see him being a serious heel if they wanted him to. Compton uploaded this WWE vignette he had sent in to the office a year or two ago and I always thought it was pretty fucking badass, personally. It'd actually be pretty cool if some of the more "known" guys on the roster were given totally different characters than what we're used to.</font>

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/LGPbIv-I2cU" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

#1-norm-fan
05-27-2015, 08:38 PM
Good promo.

... Still prefer Domino though.

road doggy dogg
05-27-2015, 10:42 PM
Dr. Dre should be his manager