PDA

View Full Version : I don't care for Wade Barrett

Jordan
05-18-2015, 10:00 AM
This is a fella hyped by many to be a future main event player. Said to be a top notch worker with promo skills to take him to the top and after a few patience years of observation I have to come out and say, I don't care for Wade Barrett.

I'm going to draw a map to the past. Think back to the 90's to a fella like Ken Shamrock, or draw a line back to Curt Henning. These guys were truly excellent workers but did seems to lack that certain it factor that would allow them to carry the big strap in the eyes of the authority. I don't see "it" when I see Long Barrett. Guys like this will always get fanfare and a strong following but do lack that strong it factor to lead the company legit.

Last nights Barrett/Neville match was really bad. Botched moves, bad booking and no heat to draw in the live crowd. This was a chance for both men to make an impression and they failed. I could be judging harshly but I don't see a big time future for either guy.

Rammsteinmad
05-18-2015, 01:11 PM
I hate to break it to ya Fragile X... but you're wrong.

Lock Jaw
05-18-2015, 01:17 PM
Barrett is capable of some good matches, but yeah, he has no future in the main event or anything. In fact, I still believe that giving him the King of the Ring was a huge waste because Barrett has already "lived up to his potential", so he can't use the win to "propel his career forward".

Neville really should have won the thing, because he is still "fresh and new" and still has "potential". Barrett should not be beating guys who still have a possible future.

Corporate CockSnogger
05-18-2015, 01:17 PM
Wade Barrett doesn't care for slugging women in the kisser.

slik
05-18-2015, 01:21 PM
Wade Barrett is borderline my favorite wrestler in the wwe r/n

Sixx
05-18-2015, 02:13 PM
Wade Barrett doesn't care for slugging women in the kisser.

Now you know why Jordan's not a fan.

Heisenberg
05-18-2015, 02:17 PM
I like hearing him talk

Sixx
05-18-2015, 02:56 PM
I've never noticed how broken his nose was until I saw the tipsters pic.

http://www.wwe.com/f/wysiwyg/image/2015/05/20150426_payback_EP_LIGHT_match-HP_wadeneville.jpg

#1-norm-fan
05-18-2015, 04:09 PM
He could have been a main eventer when he came back from injury that one time with that badass bare knuckle fighter gimmick and those great return vignettes.

Then not even two weeks later he was a chicken shit running away from fights because that's the paint-by-number way WWE books just about every heel and I instantly stopped caring again.

teamXtremist
05-18-2015, 04:18 PM
Just waiting for him to get injured again

Evil Vito
05-18-2015, 05:30 PM
<font color=goldenrod>Barrett's promo abilities are out of this world and clearly fitting of the main event. Sadly though the booking of him is atrocious.</font>

Emperor Smeat
05-18-2015, 05:54 PM
He's decent but like #1WWFfan and Vito said, his overall booking has been horrible. Seems like Creative quickly gives up on every push he gets or only holds the IC/US title whenever Creative has no clue what to do with the belts.

Even his king gimmick is resembling the times he was IC/US champ with the 50-50 booking of him winning some and losing some.

DAMN iNATOR
05-18-2015, 06:11 PM
I could definitely buy into him as a future WWE Champion.

Fignuts
05-18-2015, 08:03 PM
Yeah, he just seems like such a "henchman" to me.

Bad News Gertner
05-18-2015, 09:18 PM
Not everyone can be World Champ and Wade just doesn't have the "it" factor that can make him a world champ.

He's a fantastic upper mid carder though.

Mr. Nerfect
05-22-2015, 05:18 AM
On paper, Barrett has all the tools. He's completely comfortable out there, and he's an amazing talker. There's just that "X-Factor" missing. For some reason he doesn't "demand" the spotlight. When he won the King of the Ring, I was hoping he would cut a promo about using the King of the Ring to reach the goal of being the first British-born World Heavyweight Champion. It was a good chance for the company to say "Barrett is a main eventer now. Deal with it."

I still think the man has amazing potential as a babyface. If he can talk people behind him like I think he could and he gets to win credibly? Could be a good act.

Shadrick
05-22-2015, 06:08 AM
Not everyone can be World Champ and Wade just doesn't have the "it" factor that can make him a world champ.

He's a fantastic upper mid carder though.

Gotta disagree with you Gerty. Dude was on fire with the Nexus shit.

With the right program and material anyone can be an over world champ. *twirls mustache*

DAMN iNATOR
05-22-2015, 07:27 AM
Don't have to like the guy, X, but show some respect...his first name is King now...:roll: