PDA

View Full Version : Should the NXT title be defended at the big 4 PPVs?

Fignuts
05-25-2015, 07:53 PM
Feel like it would give NXT more exposure. Get more people who have the network to tune in. Might even get more subscribers.

Outsider
05-25-2015, 08:07 PM
Maybe not all four, but would be good for Wrestlemania.

Corndad
05-25-2015, 08:09 PM
Sure. It's already more important/relevant than the WWECW Title ever was and that was defended at the Big 4 so. Yes. Why not.

Gives them a reason to bring a few guys up in front of the bigger crowd as well leading up to those shows.

Ruien
05-25-2015, 08:41 PM
Would be a nice touch on the pre show before the big 4. It should not make the main stage though because they are still considered a step below the professionals.

Mr. Nerfect
05-25-2015, 10:03 PM
Hmm, I dunno. I'm happy with NXT getting the sort of exposure it is. Maybe have some more talent work "one-off" to dip their toes in the water -- ie. Becky Lynch and Sasha Banks appearing as partners for Paige and Naomi in a tag match or something -- but I don't think we need the title defended out of NXT. If you want that title, you have to step into the realm NXT provides.

slik
05-25-2015, 10:13 PM
there are really only 3 big ppvs, survivor series is a b show now

and I say 'nay'

Hanso Amore
05-25-2015, 10:24 PM
Leave the title to draw for nxt. But maybe have nxt big time matches

Would you rather see a triple threat number one contenders match or midow?

Heyman
05-25-2015, 11:27 PM
Feel like it would give NXT more exposure. Get more people who have the network to tune in. Might even get more subscribers.

Not a bad idea. My only concern with something like that is that most marks have no idea who the NXT guys are, and so the chances of 'boring!' chants occurring at these PPV's would be significantly higher.

Tom Guycott
05-25-2015, 11:32 PM
I'm going to go the other way here and say "no". WWE seems to hage a hard enough time putting up any of the other championships at PPV's on a reliable basis. One more belt to juggle is asking too much.

Evil Vito
05-25-2015, 11:56 PM
Hmm, I dunno. I'm happy with NXT getting the sort of exposure it is. Maybe have some more talent work "one-off" to dip their toes in the water -- ie. Becky Lynch and Sasha Banks appearing as partners for Paige and Naomi in a tag match or something -- but I don't think we need the title defended out of NXT. If you want that title, you have to step into the realm NXT provides.

<font color=goldenrod>I pretty much agree with this. I'd especially be against having it defended at WrestleMania. WWE has been very poor in the area of time management for Mania as it is and usually wind up cramming 80% of their main roster into clusterfuck matches at the biggest show of the year. Trying to shoehorn a NXT Title match onto an already packed card would probably be more of a hindrance than anything else and wouldn't do the talent in the match justice, since the match time would likely need to be cut short.

If they DID feel the need to do it at a Big 4 PPV, I'd advocate doing it as a hot opener for the main Royal Rumble card since most of the "big names" will be in the Rumble itself anyway. But I'd rather keep it on NXT.</font>

James Steele
05-26-2015, 12:34 AM
They should do a "NXT Showcase" match on SD! every week. Get the hardcore a to watch SD! and give NXT more exposure in a "protected" taped environment.

Dukelorange
05-26-2015, 07:54 AM
I say no....

NXT needs to,stay on the WWE network. It adds to the mystique of the show. I like it as it is. Good with just the right amount of exposure, Putting them on a WWE show would mean they would not always be protected by Triple H or the NXT writers.

Mr. Nerfect
05-26-2015, 08:18 AM
They should do a "NXT Showcase" match on SD! every week. Get the hardcore a to watch SD! and give NXT more exposure in a "protected" taped environment.

Something like this would be really okay. Even if it were Baron Corbin squashing a guy or Tyler Breeze just showing up one week to showcase his gimmick. They don't even need to do it every week, but promote that it's an "NXT Showcase" and try and get people talking about NXT.

Dukelorange
05-26-2015, 10:01 AM
Perhaps a one off Smackdown featuring just NXT stars. sorta like a One Night Only. Have the card be like this.

Bo Dallas vs. Sami Zayn
Blake and Murphy vs Los Matadores
Tyler Breeze vs. Solomon Crowe
Sasha Banks and Naomi vs. Nikki Bella and Becky Lynch
Cameron vs. Charlotte
Enzo, Big Cass, & Prime Time players vs Ascension & Vaudevillians
Kevin Owens vs Dolph Ziggler

Ultra Mantis
05-26-2015, 10:07 AM
I'd say no upon the fact that when WWE has a schedule or a gimmick PPV laid out they just half ass it and it would lead to NXT being taken for granted.

Emperor Smeat
05-26-2015, 02:58 PM
Maybe for Mania but no for other ppvs. Instead more NXT showcases could be done like Steele said or maybe have NXT matches be the preshow matches for ppvs. Keeps people aware of NXT and forces the WWE to stop using the preshows mainly for throw away matches and/or feuds.

Rather NXT keep doing their own thing than have to rush or disrupt plans just to fit into the WWE's Big 4 ppv setup. Took them until recently to recover from the last time they had to rush stuff because of WWE's Mania needs.

GD
05-28-2015, 01:33 AM
They did a very bad job with ECW title matches at the tri-brand pay-per-views. I don't trust them enough. Maybe if the storyline is good enough to deserve a bigger stage...dunno

drave
05-28-2015, 06:26 AM

This would be perfect. Maybe even fit one in on RAW, since it is viewed more. It would give the fans a chance to see NXT stars in action which could in turn want them to watch NXT more. This could also be beneficial to any talent who gets "called up" as the universe will be more familiar with the talent, at least enough to care instead of "who the f is this guy".

Personally, I cannot wait for NXT to tour. They are all amazing performers and I enjoy their shows just as much, if not more, than RAW/Smackdown.

Nicky Fives
05-28-2015, 07:44 AM
Have it defended at Wrestlemania, Royal Rumble & Summerslam, but have a traditional Survivor Series Elimination Match in November, as it would be able to showcase more of their talent.....

drave
05-28-2015, 08:03 AM
NXT v WWE traditional Survivor match. Don't do that with the ladies though, the NXT ladies will put the main roster to shaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaame.

Mr. Nerfect
05-28-2015, 10:40 PM
I dunno. I proper team featuring Paige, Natalya and...okay, yeah.

Theo Dious
05-29-2015, 05:46 PM
I'm down with the idea of featurint NXT champions on the pre-show but that's about it.

Simple Fan
05-29-2015, 05:51 PM
I don't know, I feel if a feud is hot enough to be on one of the big 4 cards maybe. If its defended on them a lot though it would kind of take away the importance of the Takeover specials.

Mr. Nerfect
06-01-2015, 01:37 PM
Kind of think they should call-up Sasha Banks to do a Kevin Owens and "save" the Divas Division.

drave
06-01-2015, 02:09 PM
Kind of think they should call-up Sasha Banks to do a Kevin Owens and "save" the Divas Division.

Except that she would kill the division entirely by showing up the current roster of Divas.

She does have a "character" that will 100% fit Total Divas (if they haven't included her already?) so a call up is imminent I would think.

EzekielKane
06-08-2015, 02:37 PM
No, NXT is the minor league

NormanSmiley
06-09-2015, 03:46 PM
They defend the us title on raws in england so why should logic ever get in the way of a title match. Those shitbirds can't even be happy when they have a good thing going. Nxt should get one man in the royal rumble per year and stay on the network. I hear cm punk in my head every thread about vince's idiotic daughter and doofus son in law taking over