PDA

View Full Version : Lord Steven William Regal as GM appreciation thread

NormanSmiley
08-04-2015, 02:54 PM
If you disagree that he was pure gold in this role, please fuck off sunshine

DAMN iNATOR
08-04-2015, 03:04 PM
I remember attending a RAW house show during that time period, and he came out to make some sort of match or announcement or whatever and it was just unbelievably loud the boos that rained down on him.

Heisenberg
08-04-2015, 10:46 PM
you're talking about when Tajiri was his fuckboy Commissioner Regal, not the current NXT version right?

Mr. Nerfect
08-07-2015, 09:03 PM
I think they're talking his Evil RAW GM/King of the Ring run in 2008. It was pretty sick. The Regal push really sort of just came out of nowhere, and I marked the fuck out. Regal has his new longer hair, and for the first time in, well, really ever, they emphasized his brutality and not so much him being a dandy from England.

I loved the way he stepped over Hornswoggle in the first round of the King of the Ring. Regal feigned confusion like HE DIDN'T BOOK THE FUCKING MATCH!!! Great stuff. Then he beat Finlay and CM Punk, I believe. Regal taking the throne, panting and sated like some sort of dictator reptile with amazing hair was great too. It's a shame he got suspended, because I truly feel that he was going to use his evil GM powers to stack the deck against face WWE Champion Triple H and take his title. Trips loved Regal, so he would have done this. The one weakness Regal would have had? A cheeky babyface running around with a Money in the Bank title shot named CM Punk.

Rhinestonecowboy
08-07-2015, 10:33 PM
Main roster my runs were great, I think he's too soft spoken in nxt, I couldn't really hear the conversation he had with bayley this past week