PDA

View Full Version : Is it a Classic: Starship Troopers

Frank Drebin
08-05-2015, 08:48 PM
Been a while since I've put one of these out there so its high time to pick it up.

I watched this on Netflix recently and remember it being a big deal at the time of its release. I think it holds up pretty well. A lot of very subtle, dark, subversive humor during the cut scenes. The Nazi-like (Spaceballs?) uniforms the military wear, the oh-so-close to propaganda military ads. They could have really hit the audience over the head but kept it quiet.

Amy Smart cameo

Shower scene :naughty:

DIZZY, NOOOOOOOOO!!!!

Would you sport this in your movie collection?
What do you think? Is Starship Troopers a "Classic"

https://fanart.tv/api/download.php?type=download&image=48006&section=3

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/Y07I_KER5fE" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

SlickyTrickyDamon
08-05-2015, 09:41 PM
No, it wasn't even good when it first came out.

Ruien
08-05-2015, 09:47 PM
RICO!

DAMN iNATOR
08-05-2015, 10:34 PM
It absolutely is.

Dark One
08-05-2015, 10:38 PM
No, it wasn't even good when it first came out.

Come on, man. You're killing me, and I'm already dead!

ron the dial
08-05-2015, 11:49 PM
a fun watch? certainly. a classic? i don't think i'd go that far.

JimmyMess
08-06-2015, 10:36 AM
cult classic?

Rammsteinmad
08-06-2015, 10:54 AM
Personally I say yes. One of my favourite movies.

The action is spot on, along with the gruesome realism of it. The satire is great and the humour works for me. Along with that, it's got a great cast and CGI is pretty fantastic considering when it came out.

I'm gutted the sequels (including the TV series and the CGI movie) all pretty much sucked though. Even ST3, where we were supposed to be excited about Rico returning, sucked balls.

But yeah, I love Starship Troopers. :y:

poopfromweiner dude
08-06-2015, 11:53 AM
really glad slackjawtrackdogdamon hates this movie...there is not a single thing in this world we can find middle ground with.

The one fucken gay ass sci fi spaceship & aliens thing I think is really good and this niggas tryna take a dump onnit

Wehttam
08-06-2015, 12:24 PM
this is definitely a cult classic, but not more than that.

Emperor Smeat
08-06-2015, 05:32 PM
Does being a cult classic count?

I'd say yes for that but no in a traditional sense. Film and series itself was decent but wouldn't go that far in calling it a classic if cult types don't count.