PDA

View Full Version : Friday the 13th getting the reboot treatment

Emperor Smeat
08-16-2015, 11:53 PM
Not as a film but as a tv series for CW.

Confirming reports from this past March, the CW is heading to Crystal Lake.

The network topper Mark Pedowitz today confirmed that the CW is developing “Friday 13th,” a drama series based on the long-running feature franchise, reports Deadline.

The series adaptation will be written by Steve Mitchell and Craig Van Sickle, creators of the 1996 NBC series “The Pretender” through CBS TV Studios.

“They are new in development,” Pedowitz said.

The Friday The 13th series project originated last year when Emmett/Furla/Oasis Films and Crystal Lake Entertainment sealed a deal to produce a new hourlong dramatic series based upon the characters and settings of the franchise, with Sean S. Cunningham, who helmed the 1980 original, executive producing along with EFO Films principals Randall Emmett & George Furla and Mark Canton, among others.

Bill Basso (Terminator) and Jordu Schell (Avatar) were tapped at the time to script a storyline that re-imagines Jason in multiple time periods. Details on the remake are sketchy but the idea had been to do a contemporary series focusing on the eclectic characters of Crystal Lake who are forced to confront the return of the killer, as new secrets about his wacky family are revealed. The masked Jason is being reimagined with a stronger feel of grounded reality.
http://bloody-disgusting.com/news/3356957/cw-actively-developing-friday-13th-series/

DAMN iNATOR
08-17-2015, 12:34 AM
Can't wait for Zeeboe to come in here and shit all over this...

Zeeboe
08-17-2015, 07:28 AM
Can't wait for Zeeboe to come in here and shit all over this...

I knew about the development of this project for years. This is different. Television shows based off films isn't new. There also has never been a star behind the mask. Any talented stuntman can play Jason. So no complaints about recasting.

Furthermore, almost every "Friday the 13th" has been a remake. i.e. Every story in each film has been basically brand new with fresh blood. Continuity has rarely been a thing in the "Friday the 13th" series.

I'm not a fan of making Jason smarter. One of the appeals is he is like a Great White Shark. I'll still give the show a watch however. They're not casting Jason as a chick (I don't think.) So it's not being liberal'ed up. I'm okay with this.

RP
08-18-2015, 10:55 PM
Jason should be cast as a black dude with a jerry curl

road doggy dogg
08-19-2015, 02:38 PM
transjason

RP
08-19-2015, 11:13 PM
They should rename Jason to Jerome.

Jerome Voorhees

drave
08-20-2015, 06:56 AM
I would love to see a fro held down by the hockey mask.

drave
08-20-2015, 07:00 AM
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-eeoKUHxiv3A/TlMYS-sJW8I/AAAAAAAAE28/nvmLhzVUrwI/s1600/Rebecca+Black+Friday+Jason+Voorhees+Friday+13th.jpg

Rhinestonecowboy
08-20-2015, 08:00 PM
Rebecca black isn't doing anything these days, they should get her and have her as the first killed. Maybe while she's singing into a comb or in the bathroom

DAMN iNATOR
08-21-2015, 10:46 PM
Jason should be cast as a black dude with a jerry curl

*Jheri

Sorry, I couldn't help myself. I try not to correct people, but I felt as though that was actually worth pointing out.

Not a judgment or a criticism, just trying to help out.