PDA

View Full Version : little things that irritate/amuse you about certain wrestlers

The MAC
09-13-2015, 02:56 AM
My recent amusement is Dean Ambrose combover.

http://cdn.business2community.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/12/Dean-Ambrose.jpg
Whats yours?

Nicky Fives
09-13-2015, 03:54 PM
Ambrose's Rebound Clothesline..... Looks like shit 99.9% of the time he does it in the ring.....Love everything else, but hate that move.....

The Condor
09-13-2015, 04:23 PM
20 minutes promos from HHH iritate the shit out of me.

Sixx
09-13-2015, 04:27 PM
Roman Reigns' stupid vest.

He looks like a mall cop.

Maluco
09-13-2015, 05:18 PM
Hate how Reigns is so cookie cutter, hasn't moved on from Shield, has the horrendously overused Spear and I hate the whole Superman punch as a move, including the stupid pose before he does it. I am not hating on him, I just think how they have formed his character and booked him is incredibly annoying and has made him hard to like when it should have been so easy.

Also, an unpopular one, but Cesaro is really overusing the uppercuts now and it is starting to effect his matches.

Mr. Nerfect
09-13-2015, 11:28 PM
This is just one that popped into my head, but I can probably think of some that bother me more if I think about it: Anyway, that spot where Rey gets tossed out of the ring and slides on his stomach. Actually, it's the same with any wrestler who gets beat up the same way and no one else does it. That includes the Flair flop. Sorry, guys.

Ol Dirty Dastard
09-13-2015, 11:33 PM
To Noid's point, you can bring up Bret's sternum turnbuckle or Perfect's sliding crotch... but to me I think both bumps were awesome even if kayfabe shattering.

Lock Jaw
09-13-2015, 11:48 PM
I like the way Bray Wyatt says "man".... slightly ruined now that he is regularly saying "Strowman"....

Also love Luke Harper's bald spot..... in hetero way.....

Tom Guycott
09-14-2015, 12:45 AM
This is just one that popped into my head, but I can probably think of some that bother me more if I think about it: Anyway, that spot where Rey gets tossed out of the ring and slides on his stomach. Actually, it's the same with any wrestler who gets beat up the same way and no one else does it. That includes the Flair flop. Sorry, guys.

Speaking of Rey Rey, I actually liked the "619" more when it was just a rope dive feint spot instead of an actual offensive move... like, someone would think he's about to dive through the ropes and duck/flinch, and then get mad they fell for it and Rey would catch them with a boot or surprise dive after.

slik
09-15-2015, 05:37 PM
20 minutes promos from HHH iritate the shit out of me.

That is soooo crazy Condor Edgar!!

Anybody Thrilla
09-16-2015, 02:06 PM
Kofi Kingston gleefully skipping and clapping during The New Day entrance is amazing.

I also laugh whenever Xavier Woods talks about Big E's tricep meat.

Heisenberg
09-16-2015, 02:24 PM
The way Kevin Owens dodges the cum from smart fans at RAW and Twitter

Innovator
09-16-2015, 03:30 PM
Everything the New Day does

Lock Jaw
09-16-2015, 07:36 PM
When Kevin Owens makes like he is going to do some crazy move.... runs, gets momentum.... but then stops and just does a chinlock or a punch or something....

Mr. Nerfect
09-17-2015, 10:40 AM
Oh, another thing that annoys me: Whenever anyone tries to clothesline Daniel Bryan after he backflips over them and hits the ropes.

Innovator
09-17-2015, 11:17 AM
Irritates

-Austin Aries's stutter steps

-No one changing up the reaction to Cena's sequence, just once don't throw a wild right hand after two shoulder blocks

-Too many "wait for the opponent to get up" spots, not enough picking up the opponent

Wishbone
09-18-2015, 02:55 AM
Get irritated any time I see Rusev with his little booties on... I mean I never liked the barefoot look, but those little boots look hilariously awful on him.

Also, any wrestler that doesn't wear kneepads, and guys that don't where at least something on their arms. Armbands, wrist tape, elbowpads, whatever. Just where something...

On the amuse side? Everything about new day, but specifically Xavier's trombone. Don't know why, but I just get a kick out of it.

johnsmagic
09-18-2015, 03:01 AM
Randy Orton wearing elbow pads.. just didn't look right glad he has ditched it ... Kane wearing suit pants to wrestle and exposing that weird looking belly button he's got

Volare
09-18-2015, 07:31 AM
Becky's awesome throws.

http://dailywrestlingnews.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/07/becky-lynch-charlotte-vs-nikki-b.jpg

Emperor Smeat
09-18-2015, 08:25 AM
Irritating - Cena's goofy faces during submissions

Amusing - Kofi's and New Day's dancing antics

hb2k
09-18-2015, 10:19 AM
Also, any wrestler that doesn't wear kneepads, and guys that don't where at least something on their arms. Armbands, wrist tape, elbowpads, whatever. Just where something...

YES. No wrist tape or elbow pads looks so weird, and it always used to annoy me when they screwed it up on the games.

As for amusing, Steve Austin closing the blinds before interrogating Lance Storm and then bursting through to give the shady eyes look to see if anyone is around was one of the funniest things ever in wrestling.

Lock Jaw
09-18-2015, 10:50 AM
Amusement:

Christian's penchant for oversized sunglasses.... And one time he gave them to a kid... Paused for a second, and then took them back..... Hilarious...

Also when Simon Dean would run down fatties in the crowd and the camera would zoom into them hanging their heads in shame, embrassment, or crying....

KIRA
09-18-2015, 01:05 PM
Randy Orton wearing elbow pads.. just didn't look right glad he has ditched it ... Kane wearing suit pants to wrestle and exposing that weird looking belly button he's got

YEP I was annoyed enough when he taped his fist then he added elbowpads and I couldn't stand looking at him.

Amusing-Anytime Brock chuckles I just like it.

Rammsteinmad
09-18-2015, 02:35 PM

THIS THIS THIS!

Been saying stuff like this for years! I can't stand seeing wrestlers' bare knees. As soon as Cody Rhodes started wearing kneepads, I wanted to see him in the main event. Same for Cesaro. Right now it's Rusev. Just something about the bare knees looks weird and naked.

Not too bothered about the arms though.

DAMN iNATOR
09-18-2015, 11:06 PM
Irritating - Cena using stupid "unconventional" methods to win gimmick matches, i.e., duct taping his opponent to a ringpost to win a last man standing match.

Jari
09-19-2015, 09:31 AM
Ambrose's Rebound Clothesline..... Looks like shit 99.9% of the time he does it in the ring.....Love everything else, but hate that move.....

The move itself doesn't bother me but the fact he does it every single match, sometimes twice does.

Jari
09-19-2015, 09:32 AM
Irritating/amusing - Cesaro recently a gesture akin to the the Los Matadores "Ole!"

Amusing - Kevin Owens (just all his heel mannerisms)

Irritating - Dolph Ziggler's existence

Mr. Nerfect
09-22-2015, 05:04 PM
Oh, this color-scheme being used by Sheamus was pretty dreadful:

http://orig09.deviantart.net/7793/f/2014/132/2/a/sheamus_by_mr_igfx-d7i3sm4.jpg

FourFifty
09-22-2015, 05:14 PM
Custom title belts always annoyed me. The smoking skull belt, the brama bull belt, the spinner belt... I'm okay with name plates and custom side plates, but the bulk of the best should remain the same no matter who has the title.
Notable exception- when Hogan spray painted nWo on the WCW title.

Theo Dious
09-24-2015, 07:00 AM
When Cena goes for the STF with the exaggerated arm movements that make it look like he's playing with a golden retriever or something. "Ooh who's a good boy? Hey! You wanna wrestle? Look out, I'm gonna getcha! I'm gonna getcha! Ooh lookout here I come!" It makes Foley's mandible claw slow-creep look dignified.

Gerard
09-24-2015, 12:38 PM
Every wwe "wrassler" is guilty of this, when cutting a promo on the crowd they always do the "each..and every...one of you" schtick. More down to the writers but it seems that fucking line is a staple that has to be included when addressing the crowd. :roll:

Can they not change it up a bit and say "all of you" or "everyone of you" without the "each and every" bullshit?

Evil Vito
09-24-2015, 12:57 PM
<font color=goldenrod>The fact no matter who the wrestler is, every single fucking promo seems to be delivered in the exact same cadence which has lent itself to the "What?" chants still being a thing 14 years after they started.</font>

Mr. Nerfect
09-24-2015, 06:39 PM
This isn't one that's necessarily bad, per se, but I've never been a fan of crowd brawls. It's just not my thing. A guy punches a guy and he walks to the next part of the arena and then gets punched again. They work some spots in there, but it always appears way too contrived for my personal tastes. It just loses me when they do it.

Evil Vito
09-24-2015, 06:51 PM
<font color=goldenrod>Crowd brawling wasn't something I had thought too much about but when I listened to the Attitude Era podcast all three panelists realized that they just didn't think crowd brawling added anything to the match. As I went back and watched some of them myself, I realized it really was just formulaic nonsense.

It's probably wonderful to be there in person but it does absolutely nothing for the crowd watching at home.</font>

Lock Jaw
09-24-2015, 06:57 PM
Dunno... as a young teen I realized that every single Attitude Era main event had a crowd brawl in it, and I remember "looking forward to it" because it was a "sign" that this wasn't a "normal match" and that it "could not be contained in normal ways"....

Simple Fan
09-24-2015, 07:16 PM
<font color=goldenrod>The fact no matter who the wrestler is, every single fucking promo seems to be delivered in the exact same cadence which has lent itself to the "What?" chants still being a thing 14 years after they started.</font>

I after feel that during the backstage interviews now a days it like they are reading cue cards. They may not be but that's the way it seems sometimes to me. Rybacks a few weeks ago on Raw is one I remember feeling that way about and there has been a fee others.

Mr. Nerfect
09-26-2015, 01:11 AM
<font color=goldenrod>Crowd brawling wasn't something I had thought too much about but when I listened to the Attitude Era podcast all three panelists realized that they just didn't think crowd brawling added anything to the match. As I went back and watched some of them myself, I realized it really was just formulaic nonsense.

It's probably wonderful to be there in person but it does absolutely nothing for the crowd watching at home.</font>

I might have to listen to this podcast.

KIRA
09-26-2015, 04:07 PM
A recent one is Dolph Ziggler wearing white boots with his long tights, it just looks so odd to me.

Mr. Nerfect
09-26-2015, 04:36 PM
I actually like that look. Way 90's, but that seems to suit Ziggler's persona.

DaveWadding
09-27-2015, 03:56 AM
h8 Orton's rope DDT. Requires way too much setup.

Lock Jaw
09-27-2015, 05:05 AM
Used to like it when he started to do it, and he would do it "fast". Now he plays it up so much.... and then gets them on the ropes.... and plays it up even more... and it is always like "Why doesn't the guy just take his feet off the ropes?"

The MAC
09-27-2015, 02:05 PM
The 619 setup :

Only in a match with Rey do opponents get hung on the second rope. You never see that in matches with other wrestlers. Phoney as shit.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/uuJiTub-CQc" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

KIRA
09-27-2015, 02:32 PM
The 619 setup :

Only in a match with Rey do opponents get hung on the second rope. You never see that in matches with other wrestlers. Phoney as shit.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/uuJiTub-CQc" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

619 and the Killswitch are at the top of my list for stupid moves.

Tom Guycott
09-27-2015, 06:44 PM
This isn't one that's necessarily bad, per se, but I've never been a fan of crowd brawls. It's just not my thing. A guy punches a guy and he walks to the next part of the arena and then gets punched again. They work some spots in there, but it always appears way too contrived for my personal tastes. It just loses me when they do it.

Brawling was never as bad as the WWE "hardcore" matches. It started off well enough; deviation from a normal match. But after awhile, it became "let's bring an aluminum trash can or shopping cart full of bullshit down and litter the ring with the contents and use all of this junk at least once because am I doing ECW rite, guyz?" Having the option to occasionally get a win with a kendo stick shot in full view of the ref is one thing, but trading blows with cookie sheets and chairs EVERY TIME there was a hardcore match wore the novelty out really quickly.

Tom Guycott
09-27-2015, 06:54 PM
The 619 setup :

already gave my 2 cents about the 619. I will say, though, if I were a wrestler, I'd set up for a 619 all the time in matches other than Rey. Even if just for the "what the fuck is he doing?" of it all.

However, included in the "looking phoney" department this is in should also be the flat ass bump people took in the corner for Rikishi for the Stinkface setup, and people who just happened to fall flatback and dead right next to the ropes so S2H could go for The Worm.

Similarly, even though it was pretty phony too, I always got enjoyment out of Ric Flair receiving 10 head slams into the turnbuckle from whoever he were wrestling, then his opponent would stop, but Ric would do 3-5 more unassisted, then go into the stagger and Flair Flop center ring.