PDA

View Full Version : Sting suffers possibly career-threatening neck injury at NOC

slik
09-21-2015, 11:34 AM
:(

As noted, Sting suffered what was believed to be a significant injury during the main event of last night's WWE Night of Champions pay-per-view. Apparently the injury came when he took the buckle bomb from WWE World Heavyweight Champion Seth Rollins.

Dave Meltzer of Wrestling Observer Radio provided an update and speculated that the neck injury could be a career injury. It was noted that Sting hurt his neck and that it's a pretty significant injury. Meltzer said, "It was serious and to his neck."

Big Vic
09-21-2015, 11:36 AM
missed the PPV, gif of said bump?

Innovator
09-21-2015, 11:37 AM
NO

GOOD DAY SIR

road doggy dogg
09-21-2015, 11:52 AM
can't say this is even remotely surprising, given the context

slik
09-21-2015, 11:56 AM
missed the PPV, gif of said bump?

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Dave says Sting may have a career threatening neck injury sustained off the buckle bomb. <a href="http://t.co/fN1yVpKziA">pic.twitter.com/fN1yVpKziA</a></p>&mdash; DTAM (@DeathToAllMarks) <a href="https://twitter.com/DeathToAllMarks/status/645979324143796224">September 21, 2015</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

CenaDoesNotSuck
09-21-2015, 12:04 PM
Looks like Seth's getting a new shirt printed.

http://s27.postimg.org/8fuilqhpf/SETHSD.jpg

What Would Kevin Do?
09-21-2015, 12:21 PM
Hopefully there isn't any ill will towards Rollins or the move itself, as it looks like a freak accident.

Big Vic
09-21-2015, 12:21 PM
ouch

Damian Rey
09-21-2015, 12:34 PM
He's given that move how many times now without incident? Definitely a freak occurrence in a guy shy of 60 who still weighs somewhere in the 260s. He also took the first bump seemingly ok.

Hope he's ok. Fuck his in ring career. He doesn't owe the fans any more. He's given us everything. Even if it's not career threatening, unless it's for gimmick battle royals or the occasional stinger splash, just give him a retirement speech and leave him be. He doesn't need to risk his health.

CenaDoesNotSuck
09-21-2015, 12:40 PM
He's given that move how many times now without incident? Definitely a freak occurrence in a guy shy of 60 who still weighs somewhere in the 260s. He also took the first bump seemingly ok.

Hope he's ok. Fuck his in ring career. He doesn't owe the fans any more. He's given us everything. Even if it's not career threatening, unless it's for gimmick battle royals or the occasional stinger splash, just give him a retirement speech and leave him be. He doesn't need to risk his health.

Why keep bringing the age in this? Seth should be suspended.

Look at how old Undertaker and Brock are, Sting was in perfect shape.
Until this match. Seth doesn't give a crap about anyone except himself.

slik
09-21-2015, 12:46 PM
You're really dumb. No offense. Ok, a little offense.

Emperor Smeat
09-21-2015, 12:56 PM
The bump Sting took on the table earlier was just as bad. Almost the same spot hurt as with the turnbuckle spot.

Stickman
09-21-2015, 01:01 PM
It kind of looked like a whiplash effect. I definitely thought something was wrong the way he crumbled right after.

Simple Fan
09-21-2015, 01:12 PM
Hope he is alright. He gave it his all last night and I hope to see more from him.

owenbrown
09-21-2015, 01:17 PM
I am guessing that move will likely be banned next. Seth can't do the curb stomp anymore. I would've figured Sting suffered an injury from that bump to the Spanish announce table.

Big Vic
09-21-2015, 01:17 PM
Sting should be working with someone who is more safe, Someone like Ryback.

Damian Rey
09-21-2015, 02:05 PM
Why keep bringing the age in this? Seth should be suspended.

Look at how old Undertaker and Brock are, Sting was in perfect shape.
Until this match. Seth doesn't give a crap about anyone except himself.

Brock isn't even 40 yet, you tit. He's damn near 20 years younger than Sting. Regardless of whatever shape he's in, the human body is not built top sustain the rigors of professional wrestling. Especially when that human body has surpassed two thirds of its lifetime.

And Taker collapsed after a not so physical match with no bumps anywhere near what Sting took last night, and collapsed again after Summer Slam because he's an old, worn down man trying to perform at a young man's pace.

Get outta here with that suspension bullshit. John Cena may not suck, but to this point you certainly do.

CenaDoesNotSuck
09-21-2015, 02:10 PM
Brock isn't even 40 yet, you tit. He's damn near 20 years younger than Sting. Regardless of whatever shape he's in, the human body is not built top sustain the rigors of professional wrestling. Especially when that human body has surpassed two thirds of its lifetime.

And Taker collapsed after a not so physical match with no bumps anywhere near what Sting took last night, and collapsed again after Summer Slam because he's an old, worn down man trying to perform at a young man's pace.

Get outta here with that suspension bullshit. John Cena may not suck, but to this point you certainly do.

Calling me a TIT? lol. seriously get off your high horse, and respect
my opinion. because that's what I'm sharing. Did Sting suffer any injury's when he faced Triple H at Wrestlemania? Did John Cena suffer any broken nose, before facing Seth? CUNT.

Rollermacka
09-21-2015, 02:12 PM

I agree, I love Sting as much as the next fan but the man is in his late 50s.... he's been doing this for 30+ years and he just cant do it anymore. I think he should of just retired after TNA, and if this wasn't a sign he shouldn't get back into the ring, I don't know what would be

Damian Rey
09-21-2015, 02:18 PM
John Cena has suffered countless injuries. Guess we better call for suspensions.

Someone go suspend Triple H. He tossed Randy Orton out of the ring once and resulted in a broken collar bone. What a careless act.

Better suspend Orton to for busting Cody Rhodes open on Smackdown once. Cody was never busted open before Mr selfish did it.

Somebody better suspend Owen Hart's family. They have to pay for what their careless dad did to Austin.

Oh, and where's that neck breaker D-Lo Brown? He basically killed Droz because he's a selfish, sloppy careless man.

CenaDoesNotSuck
09-21-2015, 02:29 PM
John Cena has suffered countless injuries. Guess we better call for suspensions.

Someone go suspend Triple H. He tossed Randy Orton out of the ring once and resulted in a broken collar bone. What a careless act.

Better suspend Orton to for busting Cody Rhodes open on Smackdown once. Cody was never busted open before Mr selfish did it.

Somebody better suspend Owen Hart's family. They have to pay for what their careless dad did to Austin.

Oh, and where's that neck breaker D-Lo Brown? He basically killed Droz because he's a selfish, sloppy careless man.

Being Sarcastic doesn't help LOL.

Shisen Kopf
09-21-2015, 02:38 PM
Cenadoesnotsuck reminds me of that HBPunk idiot from years ago. Let's make it OFFICIAL, he is now the forum dunce.

CenaDoesNotSuck
09-21-2015, 02:48 PM
Cenadoesnotsuck reminds me of that HBPunk idiot from years ago. Let's make it OFFICIAL, he is now the forum dunce.

Let's make it official that Kopi loves the smell of wee.

Shisen Kopf
09-21-2015, 02:50 PM
You don't even have 100 posts. You can't make anything official ya dumbass!

CenaDoesNotSuck
09-21-2015, 02:56 PM
You don't even have 100 posts. You can't make anything official ya dumbass!

It's like a fucking F5 coming at you. DIP SHIT

road doggy dogg
09-21-2015, 03:03 PM
Damn there's some real official mean words being spewed here. Basic thuganomics in full effect

CenaDoesNotSuck
09-21-2015, 03:09 PM
Damn there's some real official mean words being spewed here. Basic thuganomics in full effect

IT'S OFFICIAL.

Vastardikai
09-21-2015, 04:04 PM
IT'S OFFICIAL. I SUCK!

CenaDoesNotSuck
09-21-2015, 04:36 PM
LOL how fucking childish. Can clearly see you've edited my original post.
dick piss weed fat cunt

Big Vic
09-21-2015, 04:37 PM
I don't think he did. :?:

CenaDoesNotSuck
09-21-2015, 04:39 PM
I don't think he did. :?:

Then you need to loose some weight before getting glasses.

owenbrown
09-21-2015, 05:13 PM
It's like a fucking F5 coming at you. DIP SHIT

Swish, is that you?

slik
09-21-2015, 05:20 PM
owenbrown I am sorry you do not have banning powers because I know you would END THIS CHARADE right now if you did...

DAMN iNATOR
09-21-2015, 05:22 PM
Yeah. He'd have put JohnCenaSucks or whatever his name is out to pasture long ago.

owenbrown
09-21-2015, 05:32 PM
owenbrown I am sorry you do not have banning powers because I know you would END THIS CHARADE right now if you did...

damn right I would :y: I would delete him if I were admin

johnsmagic
09-21-2015, 06:04 PM
Great now let's just have Brock hurt the undertaker again any my viewing of wwe will be well in truly done

Emperor Smeat
09-21-2015, 06:23 PM
Sting got pulled off of RAW tonight for precautionary reasons. Good news on his injury was no broken bones or fractures but still under doctor's care.

Sting wanted to continue the match but the ring side doctor and WWE nixed it in favor of going straight to the finish.

We don't have any update on Sting past he suffered a significant neck injury last night. It was definitely during the buckle bomb spot. For those asking, the finish they did was the planned finish, although they immediately went to it when Sting basically insisted on finishing the match. WWE has acknowledged the injury but not the nature of the injury. Sting was hospitalized for testing. TMZ reported that the resutls of the testing were no fractures.

Sting was booked on tonight's Raw, but TMZ reported that he is at home today so that would seem he's not at the show.

This is from Steve Martinez, a rep for Sting: "As many of you may already know, Sting is undergoing treatment for the injuries he sustained in last night’s match with Seth Rollins. Doctors will continue to evaluate his condition, but he is a man of remarkable health and resiliency, especially at his age and with all he’s endured throughout his stellar career. Therefore, we are optimistic he will have a speedy recovery and return to full health soon. Sting has kept his body in excellent shape, due largely to the guidance he’s received from his personal trainer Jeff Cavaliere (ATHLEAN-X), and we trust this will prove beneficial to the recovery process. As a side note, we later learned the greatest damage to his body took place before the match was over, but being the true professional he is and among the hardest workers to ever step foot in the ring, he insisted to see the match through to the end."

Vastardikai
09-21-2015, 08:35 PM
LOL how fucking childish. Can clearly see you've edited my original post.
dick piss weed fat cunt

I'd Vastardikai'd this one too, but there's nothing I could add that can possibly top this.

That said, if your gonna go for an insult, you need more pizazz than what you just offered. For example:

What was the flavor of the paint chips you ate as a child?

FourFifty
09-22-2015, 05:27 PM
I hate to say it like this, but I hope Rollins takes this and runs with it. He's the man that ended The Icon. The man who stopped The Vigilante. The man who saved the WWE title from some washed up has been who was clearly a general in the army to stop WWE!

It sucks, but lets make the most of it.

Emperor Smeat
09-23-2015, 01:01 AM
According to Wrestling Observer Radio, Sting underwent medical testing yesterday following his Night of Champions injury, and test results revealed his neck is not broken.

Dave Meltzer noted Sting underwent both a CAT scan and an MRI, and “he was able to walk [after the PPV], but he was not doing well…The MRI showed no fractures”.

Despite Sting’s test results coming back as they did, with no fractures of the spine or neck, Meltzer noted even if Sting fully recovers and returns to 100% health, WWE officials will be leery of putting him back in the ring after this “close call.”

Rammsteinmad
09-23-2015, 04:24 PM
I hate to say it like this, but I hope Rollins takes this and runs with it. He's the man that ended The Icon. The man who stopped The Vigilante. The man who saved the WWE title from some washed up has been who was clearly a general in the army to stop WWE!

It sucks, but lets make the most of it.

Absolutely! They made a big enough deal of Rollins breaking Cena's nose. They need to run with it.

Just don't call him "The Crippler". :shifty:

Emperor Smeat
09-23-2015, 08:41 PM
"I was out in the hospital — out like a light. They had a neck brace on me, and they were pumping me with [medication] to get me out of pain. I had to do a CT scan and an MRI. They ended up talking to my wife, and I have some details from my wife, but I still have [further evaluation ahead]. They mentioned cervical spinal stenosis, but that's only part of what I heard. I don't know if there's anything else. The doctor did tell my wife, 'He's going to have to get this dealt with. He's lucky he walked out of there.'"
Sting on what happened post-NoC match.

Same neck injury Austin and Edge had during their career which is why it is being considered as a career ender.

Shadrick
09-24-2015, 12:11 AM
Sting spoke with WWE.com to discuss his injury status, his in-ring future and more. Check out the highlights:

On how he’s feeling: “Aside from a stiff neck, I’m a little banged up, but otherwise, I feel good. Pretty standard after wrestling a match like that.”
On the extent of his injury: “Bottom line, I had tingling, numbness down both arms, all the way to my fingertips. And then, later in the match, I just fell wrong, whatever it was, and this time [the tingling and numbness] went down both arms and into my legs, and I couldn’t feel my legs too well. They just felt like rubber. I don’t know how to describe it. I had to go down on all fours there for a minute, get my composure. I was a little … I was worried. Long term, well, I’m just going to take care of the short term first and see how the long term might play out.”

On his medical treatment after the match: “I was out in the hospital — out like a light. They had a neck brace on me, and they were pumping me with [medication] to get me out of pain. I had to do a CT scan and an MRI. They ended up talking to my wife, and I have some details from my wife, but I still have [further evaluation ahead]. They mentioned cervical spinal stenosis, but that’s only part of what I heard. I don’t know if there’s anything else. The doctor did tell my wife, “He’s going to have to get this dealt with. He’s lucky he walked out of there.””

On if he wants to get back in the ring: (long pause): “Hmmm, in the right scenario … in the right scenario, yeah.”

On whether he was ware exactly when the injury occurred: “Oh, yeah, definitely. Both times into the turnbuckle. First time was like a whiplash. [pause] It’s my fault, bottom line. I know better. The second time, I went up into the air and back toward the turnbuckle like that, I thought, “Well, that’s not going to happen again,” and it did. The second time was worse.”

On whether he’s watched the match or wants to: “No, I have not…You know, for 30 years I have watched very, very little of myself wrestling, so I probably would not.”

On what was going through his mind when the referee stopped the match: “The referee, the doctor, they’re all in there talking to me: “Are you OK? What’s going on? Can you continue? Are you all right? Tell us what’s happening.” And the whole time, I’m just thinking, “Oh, man, not now,” I mean, I want this to be good, you know? And if it ends up being the last thing I ever do in the ring, I don’t want to go out like this. “God help me.” I’m trying to just shake it off, you know? “C’mon, c’mon.” I’m stamping my feet or moving my toes, just trying to get a feel back, get my legs back underneath me. It started to kind of clear up a little bit. My fingers were still tingling and all that, but my legs were not at that point. I said, “Let me try to continue, let’s just try it.” So I just stood up and walked away from them, and we continued.”

On the experience of competing with Seth Rollins: “The biggest pleasure. I’m honored. After 30 years and working with some of the best and some of the greatest, [Rollins] is, I’m telling you, he’s got to be the best I’ve ever worked with. I mean, this guy hasit. And I think he’s just scratching the surface on what he will do. I’ve never seen somebody as talented. He’s working two [matches] on Raw, two [matches] on the pa-per-view, he’s involved in every other segment and it’s physical. He’s got guys coming from every angle. There’s a lot on his plate. He’s carrying a lot, and he’s handling it. He’s proven he can do it. I’m just glad I had a chance to work with him. He’s the kind of guy who could be in there with a broomstick and make something very interesting happen, a match that people would love somehow…Really, I can’t say enough. He poked his head in the ambulance and said, “Man, I’m so sorry. I don’t know what happened.” I said, “Seth, don’t worry about it. It’s not your fault.” And he, for 15 minutes, he said, “I just wanted to tell you what an honor it was, what a pleasure. I can’t believe I had a chance to get in the ring with you and work with you. I wasyoufor Halloween when I was a kid.” He was on and on about it, but man, this young guy, he doesn’t have any idea how much I appreciate being able to work with him.”

On if that was his last match: “I hate it when I’m asked that question because the answer truly is a question mark, and the question mark is as bold as it could ever be at this point.”

#1-norm-fan
09-24-2015, 12:16 AM
If he came back as surfer Sting and the injury turned out to only be a stinger then the headline would read "Surfer Sting Suffers Stinger".

Damian Rey
09-24-2015, 12:18 AM
Sting comes off as the classiest, selfless, most humble wrestler ever.

Wishbone
09-24-2015, 01:13 AM
Fuck this sucks... Hope this doesn't fuck him up too bad :'(

road doggy dogg
09-24-2015, 08:55 AM
Pretty big praise for Rollins, but these kind of fluff pieces always have that kind of vibe to them