PDA

View Full Version : SCG Radio #62 - The Monday Night War Timeline: 1997 Q4

hb2k
11-22-2015, 07:19 AM
Just to drop this in here, but this weeks Squared Circle Gazette Radio revisits our Monday Night War Timeline series, talking from October to the end of December 1997. Along with inside notes from the Wrestling Observer Newsletters of the time, the panel talks all the major stories, including the intricate details that led up to and came out of the Montreal Screwjob, the Death of Brian Pillman and subsequent exploitation, Rick Rude on Raw and Nitro on the same night, nWo Nitro, Sting Vs. Hogan at Starrcade 97 and tons more. With all the facts and figures to hand, we go day by day, week by week during this amazing quarter. A fascinating and fun show to do, check it out and let us know what you think!

http://squaredcirclegazette.podbean.com/mf/web/ecspn9/SCGRadio62-TheMondayNightWarin1997Q4.mp3

Ol Dirty Dastard
11-22-2015, 04:44 PM
Great stuff as per usual. Enjoyed your breakdown of Starcade, but I will say, DDP vs Hennig was a really good hard hitting match which you guys over looked, although it was pretty much completely inconsequential at that point. That travesty of Sting/Hogan is just mind boggling.

Theo Dious
11-22-2015, 06:03 PM
At this point "HI I'm Liam O'Rourke" is becoming synonymous with "fuck yeah the weekend is here." Which is why I get so pissed when you guys take a week off. :D

I had actually forgotten just how fucked the immediate lead-in to Starrcade was and how appalling it's immediate aftermath was. Hogan might have saved WCW from collapse but they sold their fucking souls to him to accomplish it. I'm almost reluctsnt to listen to the next installment because of what's coming next with theach WCW titlet picture.

Theo Dious
11-22-2015, 06:04 PM
And Karl of course never missing a chance to express his Kane disdain.

Ol Dirty Dastard
11-22-2015, 09:25 PM
I don't mind Kane as a performer, but Karl's hatred of him is pretty god damned convincing and I can't say I blame him.

Theo Dious
11-22-2015, 09:50 PM
I don't mind Kane as a performer, but Karl's hatred of him is pretty god damned convincing and I can't say I blame him.

I get his points, he and I just like different stuff.

For better or worse his hate entertains me. One of these days I'd love to fly across the pond and debate him on the merits of Kane and Kevin Nash. :D

hb2k
11-23-2015, 03:32 PM
Thank you both :-*

As for DDP/Hennig, agree it was good, and Guerrero/Malenko wasn't a bad match either, especially in the early going, but DDP/Hennig was the one match on the show was probably went how it should.

Anybody Thrilla
11-24-2015, 03:29 AM
Seriously love this podcast. Can't wait for the next one. :y: