PDA

View Full Version : Was TLC a step in the right direction?

Maluco
12-14-2015, 10:06 AM
I think it was, for a number of reasons.

The New Day are one of the best heel tag teams of the modern era, period, and should go on to Mania with the belts. The match was great and showcased the two other teams really well too. Lucha Dragons definitely took a step up for me as viable contenders.

Rusev going over is right and hopefully he can be built up again as a threat, because I really do think he is a massive talent.

Ambrose title win was an exciting moment and he put it over. He is ready to go in the main event picture and hope he can take the IC title there with him.

Woman's booking is still illogical, but a heel Charlotte is the way to go, albeit with a very clunky , illogical story. Opens up beautifully for Becky/Sasha challenging up to Mania.

Wyatt's not messing around and going over strong.

And Reigns? Yeah, he reverted back to that annoying character for a while at the end and went back for the cheers too many times, but his looks of desperation and the angry, violent Reigns was great. The one man wrecking crew Reigns who just savaged everyone is awesome and could win people over. I am not saying, make him a badass, but simply, let him be Roman Reigns.

Obviously I haven't focussed on any negative things, like the terrible female booking up to now, Ryback being a merchandise totting, colourful loser, or the fact that Reigns being that angry with HHH in the first place is really illogical, but credit where credit is due, this was a good PPV which had some key characters moving in the right direction.

With the power of positivity....what was your favourite moment of the night and why?

Kris P Lettus
12-14-2015, 11:43 AM
KO vs Ambrose has that oldskool blood feud feel that can def carry both to WM. I'd like to see them trade off victories until then constantly putting each other over so by this time next year, they are firmly in the main event spot, once Rollins and Cena return.

I didn't know Cesaro was hurt until last night but if he comes back soon, I'd like to see him recruited as the enforcer for the Authority but keep him a face. Make it seem like he has to attack Reigns to get closer to the title. That would propel him into the mainevent quickly and I think he could pull off the role so much better than Big Show did last year.

I'm happy with the New Day. I think a fued with the Wyatt's would be hilarious. Or put them against Stardust and the Ascension.

Women's division is super boring

Rammsteinmad
12-14-2015, 12:35 PM
The thing is, there's been plenty of these "step in the right direction" PPV's over the years, and they all lead to nothing.

Kris P Lettus
12-14-2015, 01:11 PM
What is the payoff? They are always gonna leave you wanting more.

Sepholio
12-14-2015, 01:33 PM
I thought it was a assuredly a step in the right direction, but more importantly, it was a pretty damn good show for what is typically considered the off season.

The look of sheer hatred on Reigns face when he went after Sheamus and subsequently HHH was incredible. If he goes back to being a happy-go-lucky guy on RAW then they will have missed the golden oppurtunity to do something interesting with Reigns.

I kinda like Charlotte being the new dirtiest player in the game. Especially with pops at ringside.

They should have found some way for Swagger to go over at the end of the US Title match with Del Rio still retaining. Maybe have had Zeb come out and Alberto messes with him, only for Swagger to get DQed for using some illegal tactic to beat Del Rio down. Give them another match at RR. Besides, IT'S FUCKING SWAGGIE TIME AND IT NEEDS TO STAY SWAGGIE TIME.

New Day is incredible. The tag match in general was awesome and had just the right number of insanoplexes. The only bad part was the ending seemed a little phoned in and something just seemed a little off about it. No problem with New Day going over there though, it was just a little anticlimatic for such an exciting match.

Ambrose and Owens. What can I say. Super stoked to see Ambrose get some gold, especially considering Reigns doesn't have any. Might make for some interesting interactions between the 2. Owens as always puts on great matches. This has the potential to be a great feud through the winter.

The Wyatts had to go over big and they did. I only wonder why they chose to have Rowan be the only Wyatt eliminated considering he just donned the new mask; could have been used to make it seem like he has a newfound edge. Personally, I think Strowman should have been the one eliminated, and only then by the entire ECW team.

Ryback and Rusev put on a decent match, but I feel like this is an ill conceived feud to begin with. Both of these guys need to be winning right now; pitting them against each other ensures that one of them is going to come out the loser here. It's just bad timing to do this one right now IMO.

But yea, really good show all in all, especially for this time of year.

Kris P Lettus
12-14-2015, 02:06 PM
What if Reigns is turning heel? What if he comes out tonight and calls out Ambrose for not helping him against the LON

Heisenberg
12-14-2015, 03:24 PM
Definitely loved the first match and Reigns closing statement. Ambrose winning was nice. The whole bulk of the show was lackluster and it wasn't due to the talent. They are going out there with their creative hands tied behind their backs. It's mildly frustrating cause they are around our age, our generation that knows how to go out there and entertain in the way the late 90s, early 2000s did.

Right now, I'm 49% sure I'll sit down and give them a chance to lead off Roman's entertaining outing. 51% not going to cause I shouldn't feel this way of wondering if I'm going to waste another 3 hours of my life when I could be doing better things like knitting

Emperor Smeat
12-14-2015, 03:42 PM
Overall yes since it was a lot better than the previous ppv Survivor Series.

While the post-match beatdown of Triple H was refreshing for Reigns direction, it all depends on what the WWE has planned for him on RAW today. If they revert right back to normal, its going to feel like a waste of a big moment instead of the start of something good for Reigns.

Wishbone
12-14-2015, 04:22 PM
I don't get how everyone is saying that Reigns being pissed at Triple H didn't make sense. Triple H has been there every step of the way to fuck Reigns over since the SHIELD days, he's supported both of the men that have cashed in on Reigns and fucked him out of the title, and he's just generally been a jackass to everyone Reigns loves. Plus he basically snapped last night. The dude was livid and just wanted to kill everything around him. Stone Cold did shit like this all the time, taking out people who didn't deserve it, and people loved him for it and never questioned the logic.

I mean I've never been a supporter of WWE's stupid decisions, and I've never shied away from expressing my utter hatred for the booking and for Roman himself, but I don't see how people can say that him beating up Triple H didn't make sense when it honestly made perfect sense.

The Condor
12-14-2015, 04:35 PM
It was average, which stands out from the sub-par mediocrity that the WWE has been serving regularly for some time now. Opener was great, the mid-card was a quagmire, which is unfortunate because I like most of the guys, and I already forgot that there was a tables match. The main event was heatless for the most part, showing that neither Sheamus nor Reigns are over, as they beat the shit out of each other to crickets.

This was a decent show, but, much like RAW, 3 hours felt very long. I won't believe any positive movement in the product, despite how much I want it, until I see it.

Maluco
12-14-2015, 04:36 PM
If you look at events within the last year, yeah, he has stacked the deck against him, but cashins are legal ways of winning the belt, he wasn't screwed over in a heel sense, just unlucky to lose out with two cashins.

Again, last night, Triple H didn't cost him the match, he might have stacked decks and been a bit of a dick, but the attack from last night was a pay off for kidnapping my family/killing my dog/making my life complete misery payoff. Over the top for the rivalry they have had...but yeah, still interesting to see a direction that could bring the real character Roman Reigns out of his misshaped shell.

Theo Dious
12-14-2015, 05:00 PM
Again, last night, Triple H didn't cost him the match, he might have stacked decks and been a bit of a dick, but the attack from last night was a pay off for kidnapping my family/killing my dog/making my life complete misery payoff. Over the top for the rivalry they have had...but yeah, still interesting to see a direction that could bring the real character Roman Reigns out of his misshaped shell.

See, what Reigns did was act like someone who actually watches the show. HHH may not have done any such horrible things to Reigns in particular but Reigns has seen what the Authority has done to various people for the past several years. He's not going to be the sap that just stands there and lets them drive the car into him. He lost his chance at the title at Wrestlemania due to an opportunist who the Authority decided to hitch their wagon to. He won the title at SummerSlam and got fucked over for not smooching Authority ass. For possibly the first time a guy is being set up against an evil authority and not making a complete target of himself. I like it and I wanna see more of it. I'm hoping he gets "banned from the building" tonight and spears his way through an outer door and goes on to flatten the League of Nations and anyone who ever even smiled at the Authority.

CSL
12-14-2015, 05:11 PM
The main event was heatless for the most part, showing that neither Sheamus nor Reigns are over, as they beat the shit out of each other to crickets.

this doesn't show they aren't over, this shows there was already a stunt filled match filled with daft acrobatics and mental spots in the opening contest. Why would a crowd that's seen things like that crazy Kalisto gimmick off the ladder through another ladder then care when Roman Reigns goes through a ladder in a less impressive "way"?

The Condor
12-14-2015, 06:08 PM
this doesn't show they aren't over, this shows there was already a stunt filled match filled with daft acrobatics and mental spots in the opening contest.

I would also take into account the crowd reactions during the RAWs building up to this match. Last week's final segment was the shits, and the crowd only lit up at the end when Sheamus was put through a table. The crowd doesn't even care enough to boo these guys.