PDA

View Full Version : The Rock officially confirmed for Wrestlemania 32

Pardeep 619
12-28-2015, 04:41 PM
Let the speculation begin. Will he wrestle? If so, who?

Shisen Kopf
12-28-2015, 05:36 PM
I don't know if I can trust a guy called Pardeep for Rasslemania news and rumors.

Droford
12-28-2015, 05:51 PM
Im predicting hes going into the Hall of Fame

Pardeep 619
12-28-2015, 06:03 PM
Lol Rock announced it on his Instagram account, and WWE have announced it too. I'm just lazy in posting links

slik
12-28-2015, 06:29 PM
yay @TheRock appearing at WM32!

VSG
12-28-2015, 06:31 PM
I don't know if I can trust a guy called Pardeep for Rasslemania news and rumors.

I can vouch for the red dot hazing ritual here.

Pardeep 619
12-28-2015, 06:38 PM
I very rarely post on here but I have been a member for over 10 years. And I don't know Ryan Clark personally.

Does anybody think Rock will actually wrestle then? I can see them announcing Rock being there as a way to get more tickets sold, and they have a far better chance to reach that 100k attendance now, but I'm not sure who the best opponent for him would be. Brock would be a great option but chances are Rock would probably get injured with all those suplexes he'll receive

Emperor Smeat
12-28-2015, 06:58 PM
Does anybody think Rock will actually wrestle then? I can see them announcing Rock being there as a way to get more tickets sold, and they have a far better chance to reach that 100k attendance now, but I'm not sure who the best opponent for him would be. Brock would be a great option but chances are Rock would probably get injured with all those suplexes he'll receive

Probably not since I doubt the film studios would want to risk him getting hurt again if he wrestled. Got hurt pretty badly during the Cena matches while the past two Manias he barely did any in-ring stuff which made it easier for those studios to approve it.

Pardeep 619
12-28-2015, 07:03 PM
Yeah I agree with that. It's a shame he couldn't face a guy like Daniel Bryan who he could have a great match with and be reasonably risk free

Shisen Kopf
12-28-2015, 07:07 PM
Pardeep, what is your favorite brand of forehead dot paint?

Vastardikai
12-28-2015, 07:08 PM
As great as the Rock is, I have to say "meh."

His presence is unfair to the guys who bust their ass year 'round who end up getting the Mania clusterfuck match AT BEST. And it doesn't really benefit them down the road because the folks who don't follow regularly (me) won't get the chance to see them be awesome, or stand out.

What will they do down the road when they can't get the Rock to show up, Taker's gone, and the Cena's done (aka possibly 2017 for all 3)?

Pardeep 619
12-28-2015, 07:11 PM
Pardeep, what is your favorite brand of forehead dot paint?

What makes you think I'm religious?

Pardeep 619
12-28-2015, 07:15 PM

His presence is unfair to the guys who bust their ass year 'round who end up getting the Mania clusterfuck match AT BEST. And it doesn't really benefit them down the road because the folks who don't follow regularly (me) won't get the chance to see them be awesome, or stand out.

What will they do down the road when they can't get the Rock to show up, Taker's gone, and the Cena's done (aka possibly 2017 for all 3)?

If WWE get their way Roman Reigns will be a legit top star by that time. It's definately a precarious situation in the future, but until they stop filling out those stadia then they'll continue to book the way they do.

Vastardikai
12-28-2015, 07:31 PM
The problem is who will Reigns face in 2017? Rollins? Lesnar? Sheamus? They need to build up threats to him, as well.

Optimus Bone 69
12-28-2015, 07:45 PM
This always do you best and 100% positive Rock is a clown shoe, What really is the point unless he is being a smarmy prick

Ruien
12-28-2015, 07:55 PM
The problem is who will Reigns face in 2017? Rollins? Lesnar? Sheamus? They need to build up threats to him, as well.

Rollins is going to be a massive star once he returns.

Pardeep 619
12-28-2015, 08:07 PM
If they have Reigns as the face of the company then technically you don't need long to build up a top heel to feud with. It may not be the best example, but it did take a few months for Del Rio to be built up as a title challenger at Mania

DAMN iNATOR
12-30-2015, 01:10 AM

I think barring disaster, Cena could have another decade or so in him beyond 2017.

hb2k
12-30-2015, 05:45 AM
While I have no idea who it could be, this card BADLY needs a Rock match. Don't know if it'll get it, but there is no way this does 100,000 fans without something special with this roster.

Just watch it be Triple H.

Heisenberg
12-30-2015, 09:08 AM
I think Rock is being brought in for the Reigns/Cena feud, other than that it'll be my first live interaction with The Rock so I'm pumped for that. Jim Ross will be in town as well, so the chance for him to come in for a match is likely

SNLfunnyguy
12-30-2015, 01:27 PM
People's Champion vs Paul Heyman's Beast!

Make it happen Vince...

Damian Rey
12-30-2015, 02:07 PM
We've already seen that movie.

Droford
12-30-2015, 05:10 PM
Busted Open figured this out

HHH comes back monday to try and screw over Reigns but it backfires. HHH gets a match with Reigns himself at the Rumble. Rock shows up in that match to help Reigns win. Cue match at WM with HHH.

I could even see them going the exrra step of having Reigns/Rock/Usos vs LON at Fastlane

Damian Rey
12-30-2015, 05:39 PM
Doubt Rock work a b show at this point unless he's magically champion again. It's been years but I still have no interest in Rock v Hunter. Now Rock v Owens, with KO going over? Now we're talking.

SlickyTrickyDamon
12-30-2015, 06:10 PM
Doubt Rock work a b show at this point unless he's magically champion again. It's been years but I still have no interest in Rock v Hunter. Now Rock v Owens, with KO going over? Now we're talking.

They seem to be somewhat friendly. KO wished him well on the birth of his daughter. The Rock thanked him, acknowledged his family man aura and told him he had a hell of a year.

Damian Rey
12-30-2015, 10:55 PM
Dear God make it happen.

Black Widow
12-31-2015, 05:09 AM
I'm glad just hope he gets in the ring.

Big Vic
12-31-2015, 10:17 AM
Busted Open figured this out

HHH comes back monday to try and screw over Reigns but it backfires. HHH gets a match with Reigns himself at the Rumble. Rock shows up in that match to help Reigns win. Cue match at WM with HHH.

I could even see them going the exrra step of having Reigns/Rock/Usos vs LON at Fastlane
Don't think he'll wrestle twice since the movie studios don't want him to get injured.

But I read that from a dirt sheet so that's 100% fiction according to CyNick. (except when he reads them)

Ruien
12-31-2015, 04:27 PM

Mania is not the time to put people over. Mania is time to let the superstars shine.

Droford
12-31-2015, 08:45 PM
Don't think he'll wrestle twice since the movie studios don't want him to get injured.

But I read that from a dirt sheet so that's 100% fiction according to CyNick. (except when he reads them)

Im starting to think the whole "Rock cant get insuranceand hes filming a movie so he cant wrestle" is similar cover to Daniel Bryan not being "cleared to wrestle".

JimmyMess
01-01-2016, 09:58 AM
Personal opinion, Rock should not be hyping up this Wrestlemania situation unless he's wrestling. Period.

#1-norm-fan
01-01-2016, 11:44 AM
Mania is not the time to put people over. Mania is time to let the superstars shine.

This is what I've been saying. People always want the megastars/part-timers to step aside at WrestleMania for the new breed but that's not the problem. You don't use WrestleMania to try to put guys like Dolph Ziggler and Cesaro over at the expense of guys who are a shitload more of a draw than them.

You use the rest of the year to put your full time guys over so that the casual fan/mainstream audience will pay to see them at wrestling's Super Bowl. WWE is failing at putting over new stars. But the failure is happening over the other 11 months of the year. You need your biggest draws at WrestleMania.

#1-norm-fan
01-01-2016, 11:46 AM
That being said, stuff like that Taker-Wyatt match at WrestleMania last year that seemed to only serve to put Taker over at the expense of Wyatt was just silly.

Heisenberg
01-08-2016, 08:59 AM
Rock v.s. Brock sounds good on paper, but at the end of the day it wouldn't feel alright where they're both at in their careers. It would be an obvious attraction filler. Brock would have to go heel and beat the piss out of Roman and something tells me they're not going to do that. Heel Rock won't last a day with his Internet presence of being the best guy on Earth.

slik
01-08-2016, 09:29 AM
I don't think Rock vs Brock will happen b/c I think Rock would be scared to get concussed via Suplex City...

...feel like Rock will be the "Guest Host" of WrestleMania like he was at WrestleMania 27

The CyNick
01-08-2016, 12:39 PM
I don't think Rock vs Brock will happen b/c I think Rock would be scared to get concussed via Suplex City...

...feel like Rock will be the "Guest Host" of WrestleMania like he was at WrestleMania 27

He might be. But doesn't really fit in with Rock's tweets.

My guess is he'll work a match.

I think if they can get Rousey involved it'll be him vs HHH. If not, it's likely him vs Brock because that's the biggest match they can do.

The CyNick
01-08-2016, 01:17 PM

That comment is so 2015.

It's a New Day yes it is!

Mr. Nerfect
01-09-2016, 05:05 AM
I agree with CyNick here. If they manage to get Ronda Rousey then it'll be Rock vs. Triple H with Stephanie McMahon and Rousey in their corners (possibly with the stipulation that if Rock wins, Rousey gets Steph for five minutes). If they can't get Ronda, then it will be Brock vs. Rock, and I think it will be for the title. I think they can do Triple H vs. Reigns in a personal issue getting resolved type thing.

I think the biggest mystery is who faces The Undertaker. The most intriguing heel left on the roster is Kevin Owens. It'd be interesting to know what Taker thinks about his presentation and whether or not he wants his mystique to be busted open by such an "everyman." But the promos Owens could cut heading into the match would be tremendous. He could even enlist Paul Heyman, the strategist behind the streak being broken initially.

I guess Undertaker vs. Rusev is there, and Sheamus just had the title, so they might pigeon him into the spot. There's also the potential for another Bray Wyatt match, or something involving Kane.