PDA

View Full Version : UFC 196

Kris P Lettus
02-18-2016, 11:40 PM
https://i.imgur.com/kUije1m.jpg

I think RDA may grind him out but I have $100 on McGregor with my buddy from work.

owenbrown
02-19-2016, 12:49 AM
has there ever been one person as champion in 2 different weight classes in UFC at the same time?

Kris P Lettus
02-19-2016, 07:03 AM
Not at the same time. The only other two weight class champs in UFC are BJ Penn (155 and 170) and Randy Couture (205 and 265). Dan Henderson was the Pride FC 183 and 205 champions simutaniously but lost his two unifacatin matches with Anderson Silva and Rampage Jackson, respectively.

The craziest parts is, people are seriously talking that if Conor actually beats RDA, he will then get an immediate shot at Robbie Lawler for the Welterweight title at UFC 200. I don't like how they have tied up the 145 strap and tying up three division will be fucked up for guys like Edgar, Khabib, etc but how fucking epic would that be?

Reavant
02-19-2016, 05:49 PM
I bet he goes down and fights Frankie at 200 for both belts. THAT would be epic

MoFo
02-19-2016, 06:12 PM
What would be epic about a squash match against a total punchbag

Kris P Lettus
02-21-2016, 09:56 AM
https://streamable.com/hxi9

Clerk
02-21-2016, 01:01 PM
Good card I guess but can't wait til 197 it will be biblical. If anyone finds a livestream for this link it thanks.

Reavant
02-21-2016, 09:27 PM
What would be epic about a squash match against a total punchbag

What do you mean?

Crimson
02-22-2016, 01:28 AM
Not at the same time. The only other two weight class champs in UFC are BJ Penn (155 and 170) and Randy Couture (205 and 265). Dan Henderson was the Pride FC 183 and 205 champions simutaniously but lost his two unifacatin matches with Anderson Silva and Rampage Jackson, respectively.

The craziest parts is, people are seriously talking that if Conor actually beats RDA, he will then get an immediate shot at Robbie Lawler for the Welterweight title at UFC 200. I don't like how they have tied up the 145 strap and tying up three division will be fucked up for guys like Edgar, Khabib, etc but how fucking epic would that be?

There's no way he keeps both belts if he wins AND wants to move up yet again. If anything I don't think he would go back to 145, but keep the 155 and move up for Lawler.

Crimson
02-22-2016, 01:30 AM
But I'm guessing he would want to keep both belts..then if he actually won the 170 belt he then would drop the 145.

If he loses then he still has two belts. All that said RDA probably does grind him anyway

CSL
02-23-2016, 09:25 AM
so Dos Anjos pulled out

Kris P Lettus
02-23-2016, 02:02 PM
http://www.mmafighting.com/2016/2/23/11098398/rafael-dos-anjos-injured-out-of-ufc-196-main-event-fight-against

Clerk
02-23-2016, 08:17 PM
No red panty night for dos anjos :(

Crimson
02-24-2016, 01:55 AM
Nate Diaz it is. The trash talking should hype everyone up instantly.

Clerk
02-24-2016, 02:59 PM
Press conference at 4 est today I can't wait#1morehour

Nark Order
02-24-2016, 04:11 PM
Fucking love Nate Diaz. Saw him once in Elk Grove but was afraid to say anything to him. Or look at him. Or breathe in his general area.

CSL
02-24-2016, 06:59 PM
one hand making gun signs, the other one making balloon animals

Clerk
02-25-2016, 01:57 AM
Diaz via KO

Droford
03-06-2016, 12:43 AM
Not gonna get the Holm/Rousey rematch now

CSL
03-06-2016, 09:16 AM
why not? I'd guess Dana is happy with Miesha winning. She'll fight Ronda for a third time in Ronda's return fight and probably do huge numbers, Ronda will probably win and the Ronda/Holm rematch with Ronda as champ will be bigger than it would have been before

Savio
03-06-2016, 09:20 AM
Happy for Diaz

Sixx
03-06-2016, 11:11 AM
Holly Holm - the one hit wonder of UFC

Nark Order
03-06-2016, 12:01 PM
I lost my voice last night. Such a huge Diaz Brothers fan. I get brutally high and watch all of their fights on fight pass on a regular basis. When Conor was talking about knocking him out, my first thought was "good luck." Pretty awesome fight. Was surprised Nate got hit so much but I guess that was bound to happen without a camp.

Don't like that Conor is talking about weight so much after the loss when he insisted several times that it didn't matter. Seems like a major excuse. Basically all the 170 fight weight did was make it so neither of them had to cut weight.

All in all, that fight was pretty great. Everything we thought it was going to be.

Nark Order
03-06-2016, 12:04 PM
Kind of worried Nate might not pass the post fight drug test though.

Crimson
03-06-2016, 01:18 PM
I didn't hear Conor making excuses because of the weight? He did say he wasn't efficient on using his energy, and since he was fighting a bigger man it would take more than one big hook to knock him down as opposed to the 145ers. And he's right.

I wonder if Diaz can get a shot at Lawler? Nick beat him long ago, so it would have a bit of history there.

Crimson
03-06-2016, 01:21 PM
Also the highlights of the presser during the ppv showing Bones/Cormier, Joanna/Claudia, and others talking trash to each other got me pumped for those fights as well.

Nark Order
03-06-2016, 02:12 PM
Nate isn't much bigger at all. They walk around at close to the same weight. Really the only thing different fighting at 170 is that neither of them have to cut weighr, which is an advantage. It doesnt seem like it would have made a difference if they were fighting at 155 or 170.

The only reason Conor has so much power at 145 is because he is far too big for 145. He has to do a monstrous borderline dangerous weight cut to to get to 145 which is why he's so much bigger than everybody in that division. It just seems like a pretty lame move to being up the weight when he's the one that suggested 170.

I like th both but its pretty clear that Nate was superior, no matter the weight. Well, at least he was superior in that type of fight. Conor was kind of lunkheaded for not putting together a game plan. There are plenty of people that have shown how to beat Diaz and just standing and banging with him isnt the way.

Innovator
03-06-2016, 02:35 PM
Little thing of the night: Tom Lawlor using Grados entrance music

Clerk
03-06-2016, 04:44 PM
I knew Nate would win. You could call me mystic mac cuz I predict tese tings

CSL
03-06-2016, 06:19 PM
Nate isn't much bigger at all. They walk around at close to the same weight. Really the only thing different fighting at 170 is that neither of them have to cut weighr, which is an advantage. It doesnt seem like it would have made a difference if they were fighting at 155 or 170.

The only reason Conor has so much power at 145 is because he is far too big for 145. He has to do a monstrous borderline dangerous weight cut to to get to 145 which is why he's so much bigger than everybody in that division. It just seems like a pretty lame move to being up the weight when he's the one that suggested 170.

I like th both but its pretty clear that Nate was superior, no matter the weight. Well, at least he was superior in that type of fight. Conor was kind of lunkheaded for not putting together a game plan. There are plenty of people that have shown how to beat Diaz and just standing and banging with him isnt the way.

wasn't quite as clear cut as just 'Conor suggested 170', Nate turned down 155 and 160 and Conor said 'fuck it, 170'. He hasn't made any excuses, he has every right to mention the weight factor.

And love the Diaz's but I don't think it was clear Nate was superior at all, Conor was landing at will for the most part and then the aforementioned lack of a game plan and sloppiness came into affect. I had money on Conor by decision and I think Conor with a smarter gameplan, a more cautious Conor that respects the fact he's fighting a 170lb man and not a 145lb man, wins it running away, maybe even gets a stoppage, I think you'd just see a slightly less 'exciting' replica of the first round for five rounds. Not to mention the shot that changed the fight from Nate was perfect and probably would have rocked any fighter alive.

I think that loss against a guy like Nate will probably turn out to be the best thing that happened to him, if they had a rematch in 8/12 weeks, I'd make the same bet again. Toe to toe, I think he's about as good as it gets. His real problems are going to be the likes of RDA, Frankie Edgar, a fully fit Chad Mendes etc.

Nark Order
03-06-2016, 11:15 PM
I've heard conflicting reports on the weight. Nate has said several times that he could have made weight at 155 and then Dana says that he couldnt. I dont know whats going on with that, really. I took it as Conor doing them both a favor by making it so nobody had to cut. That's an advantage for both fighters. The jump up to 170 is being a little overstated in this fight. They both walk around at about that. Admittedly though, Nate did look considerably bigger than him.

I dont know, just felt kind of "excus-ish" brigingup the weight facotr, especially when he has said repeatedly that weight doesn't matter. Doesn't really matter In the grand scheme I guess.

Nark Order
03-06-2016, 11:19 PM
Conor might actually have survived that round had he not tried to go for a takedown on a Cesar Gracie black belt with one minute left in the fight. That was a pretty perplexing move. I don't know. Definitely like that guy but I was kind of glad the hype train got derailed. It was too much.

Sting Fan
03-07-2016, 12:00 AM
Connor kind of backed himself into a corner by talking all the shit he did. I get that its all hype and sells PPV etc. but it means he cant really make any comment outside of "I got beaten" and not sound like hes making excuses.

Also not seeing it in here but the next time I hear how hard done by Connor was for "Taking a fight on 11 days notice" I am going to scream. Diaz took a fight on 11 days notice, Connor got to choose a new opponent on 11 days notice. Tough, yes but not the same as fighting on 11 days notice like Diaz. Not a huge fan of the guy normally but happy to see him win this one.

Innovator
03-07-2016, 12:03 PM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">if that was a tip of the cap big man <a href="https://twitter.com/FilthyTomLawlor">@FilthyTomLawlor</a> ������������<br><br>but this is how you do it <a href="https://t.co/BNKYBn4XSG">https://t.co/BNKYBn4XSG</a> ����������x</p>&mdash; GRADO (@gradowrestling) <a href="https://twitter.com/gradowrestling/status/706335625427984386">March 6, 2016</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">It was buddy, but unfortunately I'm handcuffed like a mo'fo by the uniform policy <a href="https://t.co/jqSmGNNHji">https://t.co/jqSmGNNHji</a></p>&mdash; Tom Lawlor (@FilthyTomLawlor) <a href="https://twitter.com/FilthyTomLawlor/status/706337741789736960">March 6, 2016</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>