PDA

View Full Version : AJ Styles vs .... ?

Jordan
02-25-2016, 01:25 PM
With AJ now in WWE and surprise to all, a huge hit, where do you want to see his story go? What are you AJ WWE dream matches?

AJ vs Seth Rollins is bound to be an eventual MOTYC
AJ vs Cena with a strong motivation could be on the level of Cena/Bryan or Cena/Punk
AJ vs Neville as a one off Raw match could be a MOTYC
AJ vs Owens will undoubtedly be incredible

And what better way to bring Joe to Raw than an all out assault the night after AJ wins his first singles title?

Talk about who you are creaming for AJ to rassle!

harmsway
02-25-2016, 01:34 PM
Something about taker on a motocycle and sting braving the waters

CSL
02-25-2016, 01:39 PM
I'm interested in seeing him wrestle just about everybody, he'll have decent matches with everyone and probably some really good ones with guys you'd never think of

Lock Jaw
02-25-2016, 01:39 PM
I really wish that Neville was actually treated like as big a deal as he was in NXT and had a consistent push in WWE..... because I see Neville and AJ Styles as kind of "the same level".... I think that if Neville actually still felt important, a match vs. AJ Styles woulda been great.

Jordan
02-25-2016, 01:41 PM
I think Neville is incredible but he has no voice as a character... and I don't know that he CAN have a voice. And we never see managers for baby faces, and he really needs to be a baby face. He's in a tough spot.

Sepholio
02-25-2016, 01:53 PM
Don't wanna see him against Cena unless Cena is doing the job.

Big Vic
02-25-2016, 01:54 PM
"Flair" AJ vs Biker Taker

harmsway
02-25-2016, 02:27 PM
Woooo

Shisen Kopf
02-25-2016, 02:30 PM
AJ Styles vs Taco Taker

harmsway
02-25-2016, 02:32 PM
Chico santana special guest ref

Heisenberg
02-25-2016, 02:53 PM
AJ Styles v.s. Samoa Joe- they get in the ring and look around, then both pan to the hard cam and stare into it for a good minute...wave and yell "Hi Dixie!"

harmsway
02-25-2016, 02:56 PM
styles vs. titus o'neil, in another 50 days or so

road doggy dogg
02-25-2016, 02:59 PM
I actually wouldn't mind Cena/AJ. Cena being the longtime flagship WWE guy, and AJ being the "non-WWE" (we don't mention TNA) guy.. kinda like the Sting/HHH stuff I guess but the match will actually be good

harmsway
02-25-2016, 03:03 PM
"and cena powers out of the styles clash at 2 and a 1/2 john". "and now out of nowhere AA, AA on Styles, 1 -2 -3, Cena wins!

road doggy dogg
02-25-2016, 03:06 PM
you offer a great deal to this forum

harmsway
02-25-2016, 03:09 PM
let's talk tigers ASAP!!! JZ & JV & MiggY gonna get it on this year?? ihave a good feeling!!

Shisen Kopf
02-25-2016, 03:17 PM
Tigers have an improved bullpen but they still have Ausmus and he's an idiot 84-78 at best

Shisen Kopf
02-25-2016, 03:17 PM
I dont like AJ Styles' gloves. He looks like a tard.

Ol Dirty Dastard
02-25-2016, 03:20 PM
His jumping forearm smash makes me wish the magazine business in wrestling still meant something because a picture of his air time is easy money. He honestly looks like a friggin superstar. Love the phenomenal branding.

harmsway
02-25-2016, 03:31 PM
he still looks like brian christopher's hippie cousin on p90x

harmsway
02-25-2016, 03:31 PM
i think it can be 87 wins, the question is is that enough?

The CyNick
02-25-2016, 03:51 PM
Still don't see much in him. Average matches with Jericho. My prediction is he ultimately fails.

harmsway
02-25-2016, 03:54 PM
Still don't see much in him. Average matches with Jericho. My prediction is he ultimately fails.

so far im with you, what would you say is his threshold to determine success or fail? which title does he need to get to be considered a success?

Ol Dirty Dastard
02-25-2016, 03:55 PM
I personally predict a Hulkamania esque run where he goes undefeated for 6 straight years.

The CyNick
02-25-2016, 04:08 PM
so far im with you, what would you say is his threshold to determine success or fail? which title does he need to get to be considered a success?

To me anyone who makes it to WWE is some level of success. If you're a weekly character on RAW you're a big success. If you're headlining live events and network specials, you're the tops.

So success is relative. I just mean I think Styles will be a regular character, but will be closer to a Neville than a Roman Reigns. I'm a big believer in guys who can bring a crowd up during a match. I haven't seen Styles do that yet, and it's not like he's been stuck in a program with Erik Rowan or something. He's had a great person to work with to give him a rub. He hasn't moved the needle IMO.

All I see from him are running forearms, and I laugh when he tries to apply the styles clash. To me he's a classic big fish in a small pond type guy. He won't be able to run with the sharks. He'll look good through Mania in part because of the makeup of the crowds. But over time, I think people in key positions will see his ceiling is low.

The CyNick
02-25-2016, 04:10 PM
I personally predict a Hulkamania esque run where he goes undefeated for 6 straight years.

Humor?

road doggy dogg
02-25-2016, 04:10 PM
lol I can see why so many people here hate you

harmsway
02-25-2016, 04:20 PM
i think it will be tough for aj to carry a long term program. and i think his success will be ultimately tied to how long fickle fans stay with him when they bring up zayn and balor

The CyNick
02-25-2016, 04:28 PM
lol I can see why so many people here hate you

Me? Why? Because I don't think Mr New Japan or wherever he's from, is the be all end all?

Did anyone else see him struggling to man handle Jericho? Imagine if he was working with a full sized superstar.

The CyNick
02-25-2016, 04:29 PM
i think it will be tough for aj to carry a long term program. and i think his success will be ultimately tied to how long fickle fans stay with him when they bring up zayn and balor

Both of whom have that it factor in the ring.

Balor isn't a huge dude, but I can see him getting over.

Ol Dirty Dastard
02-25-2016, 05:07 PM
Humor?

No. AJMania is gonna run wild

Ol Dirty Dastard
02-25-2016, 05:09 PM
Me? Why? Because I don't think Mr New Japan or wherever he's from, is the be all end all?

Did anyone else see him struggling to man handle Jericho? Imagine if he was working with a full sized superstar.

Jericho is built super squat and he's put on a big ol' belly, probably not the most nimble individual to deal with. Probably easier to work with Cena or someone of his superstar build

XL
02-25-2016, 06:29 PM
To me anyone who makes it to WWE is some level of success. If you're a weekly character on RAW you're a big success. If you're headlining live events and network specials, you're the tops.

So success is relative. I just mean I think Styles will be a regular character, but will be closer to a Neville than a Roman Reigns. I'm a big believer in guys who can bring a crowd up during a match. I haven't seen Styles do that yet, and it's not like he's been stuck in a program with Erik Rowan or something. He's had a great person to work with to give him a rub. He hasn't moved the needle IMO.

All I see from him are running forearms, and I laugh when he tries to apply the styles clash. To me he's a classic big fish in a small pond type guy. He won't be able to run with the sharks. He'll look good through Mania in part because of the makeup of the crowds. But over time, I think people in key positions will see his ceiling is low.

There's not a man alive that could run with sharks, so it's not really fair to single out AJ Styles.

Emperor Smeat
02-25-2016, 06:53 PM
The Flash can

http://i.imgur.com/CS3s8sW.gif
:shifty:

Fignuts
02-25-2016, 07:08 PM
Sharks can't run at all.

Mr. Nerfect
02-25-2016, 07:26 PM
I want to see AJ Styles vs. The League of Nations. Seriously. I want to see him against Sheamus in sort of a "This is where Daniel Bryan's relationship with the crowd is transferred" program.

Sheamus: Daniel Bryan finally made it to the top after fourteen years. I made it to the WWE Championship after being in this company for six months. Hey Daniel -- remember when I beat you in 18 seconds at WrestleMania fella? Remember when I kicked you so hard you started having seizures?

Cue AJ Styles coming out and telling Sheamus that he's a piece of shit. Daniel Bryan appears in Styles' corner and they try to give him the "YES!" chant.

Mr. Nerfect
02-25-2016, 07:27 PM
AJ Styles vs. Barrett or Rusev would be fun cat-and-mouse style matches. Styles vs. Del Rio would be gorgeous in the ring. When they sign Rey Mysterio later this year, Styles vs. Mysterio will be a special attraction. Styles vs. Nakamura on main roster WWE would be special. Styles vs. Joe, Styles vs. Balor.

Corkscrewed
02-25-2016, 11:56 PM
I just mean I think Styles will be a regular character, but will be closer to a Neville than a Roman Reigns. I'm a big believer in guys who can bring a crowd up during a match. I haven't seen Styles do that yet, and it's not like he's been stuck in a program with Erik Rowan or something.

LOL, wow, troll game strong. (Or cognitive dissonance strong.)

(And since you will ask me why, the reason is because your bolded opinions run counter to about 98,9% of the people on these forums, and to apparent crowd reaction on TV. Styles has been getting huge pops; Reigns has not brought the majority of the crowd up with him.)

Hanso Amore
02-26-2016, 01:07 AM
I want to see AJ Styles vs. The League of Nations. Seriously. I want to see him against Sheamus in sort of a "This is where Daniel Bryan's relationship with the crowd is transferred" program.

Sheamus: Daniel Bryan finally made it to the top after fourteen years. I made it to the WWE Championship after being in this company for six months. Hey Daniel -- remember when I beat you in 18 seconds at WrestleMania fella? Remember when I kicked you so hard you started having seizures?

Cue AJ Styles coming out and telling Sheamus that he's a piece of shit. Daniel Bryan appears in Styles' corner and they try to give him the "YES!" chant.

That sounds horrible.

Bu I was thinking he and sheamus could have a fuvking wonderful match.

Also with Luke harper

Big Vic
02-26-2016, 09:00 AM
Shaemus is kinda underrated by the IWC. Has good matches, remember him having an awesome one with Tensai.

Edit: really boring on the mic though.

Ol Dirty Dastard
02-26-2016, 11:29 AM
Sheamus is very good but he looks too odd to just be a generic bully heel. Needs to have a little substance to really connect. Very solid though, it's unfortunate he's so poorly received because he work rate is certainly upper level.

Heisenberg
02-26-2016, 11:32 AM
Sorry Meltzer sheep,,, that are upset at AJ being in WWE, enjoy your Shit sandwich

Mr. Nerfect
02-27-2016, 02:25 AM
Sheamus is one of those WWE born and bred ilk. I mean, he spent time in Europe, but he's perceived as being a WWE creation. He doesn't have the same world-worn travel-stained journeyman vibe. I think that's surprisingly important to forging legitimate positive relationships with crowds.

Mr. Nerfect
02-27-2016, 02:27 AM
He doesn't have a wrestler's charisma despite being technically good in the ring. He's got the manufactured "WWE Superstar" charisma that they tell you guys have.

If the dude went to New Japan for two years and then came back, people would cum everywhere. That's why I think "generic" bully is a good role for him. He can pick on the indy darlings, which would piss off crowds (actual heat) and the matches would be great. Basically like a better Baron Corbin.

Mr. Nerfect
02-27-2016, 02:28 AM
Sheamus & Baron Corbin for future Tag Team Champs by the way. :y: Bo Dallas in their corner as the annoying Blue Mountain State jock that hangs out with the other bigger jocks.

Go on, give me the hate.

Jordan
02-27-2016, 01:57 PM
Sheamus would be perfect for New Japan.

Jordan
02-27-2016, 01:57 PM
Sheamus & Baron Corbin for future Tag Team Champs by the way. :y: Bo Dallas in their corner as the annoying Blue Mountain State jock that hangs out with the other bigger jocks.

Go on, give me the hate.

That would be good.

CSL
02-27-2016, 05:05 PM
Sheamus would be perfect for New Japan.

if I was Wade Barrett and the talk of him leaving is true, I'd definitely be getting in touch and seeing if they had a spot for me

Mr. Nerfect
02-28-2016, 05:36 PM
There's really no better way to make money in wrestling at the moment. They need to replenish that Heavyweight Title scene.