PDA

View Full Version : Example of why HHH is a terrible heel

Hanso Amore
02-29-2016, 10:36 PM
Tonight on Raw we opened in a nice segment where HHH and Dean Ambrose went toe to toe.

Ambrose cut a nice promo getting himself over as a face. The crowd is wild.

Then HHH gets to retort...and his first response is a little quip dig to get a pop. It was about smelling like soap and clean clothes.

Then he goes into a line about how he smells like power and money.

Line 1 is shitty dx face crap.

Line 2 is right in his character and is a real heel response.

Heel HHH has always wanted to be the cool guy heel and thT shit doesn't roll. He can't just be the bad guy, he has to be the cool bad ass smartest guy who can kill everyone and has all the power.

A face gets some flow going and he has to cut it off because he can't let anyone else look good.

Ol Dirty Dastard
02-29-2016, 10:41 PM
Was watching a promo from heat in 98 or 99 dx vs the rock. And Rock is heel but he absolutely murders all of dc in a promo. Honestly, dx is amateur hour comparitively. And HHH is awful, he's trying to be Mr. Cool when he just isn't. He is not witty at all and the rock just completely. outclasses him.

DAMN iNATOR
02-29-2016, 11:01 PM
He did pretty well as a heel March 2002-April 2005. Of course, a lot of that time was spent with him as leader of Evolution instead of D-X, but I think that 3-year period showed he can be a damn excellent heel if he really put some effort into it.

Ol Dirty Dastard
02-29-2016, 11:40 PM
He was a great heel in 2000 particularly against Cactus Jack.

2002-2005 he had some great moments but mostly marred with mediocrity.

The MAC
02-29-2016, 11:52 PM
nothing HHH does is worth more than 4/10

Hanso Amore
03-01-2016, 12:00 AM
I'm not shitting on HHH

But this is an issue. It's part of. Longer story of him not letting anyone get over on him.

Hanso Amore
03-01-2016, 12:00 AM
There is more to putting someone over than just taking the pin.

Read Foleys book

James Steele
03-01-2016, 12:13 AM
All of you can go suck on armadillo eggs.

SlickyTrickyDamon
03-01-2016, 12:58 AM
Are they going to have the New Day face Jimmy Jam Garvin and Michael Hayes at WrestleMania? They said they were the best three man team ever.

harmsway
03-01-2016, 02:16 AM
You are the coolest poster in tpdub history std! Best friends forever

The Rogerer
03-01-2016, 06:46 AM
Road Dogg and Billy Gunn were the only cool members of DX

Heisenberg
03-01-2016, 10:33 AM
Being the #2 HHH fan here I'd like to point out that separating the father of NXT HHH from the RAW HHH is very hard at times. With that said I'm not expecting perfection from him so it's all good. His promo does give me a feeling that he'll retain the Championship through nefarious ways, but at the same time I feel like this should be the main event slot meant for someone other than him and Reigns. Either way they'll get shit on if they add someone to the mix or follow through with the 1 on 1.

Sepholio
03-01-2016, 10:58 AM
Quadruple H.

Ol Dirty Dastard
03-01-2016, 11:11 AM
HHH is a perfectly fine talent. But he has too many ulterior motives as a talent to help with the growth of the product AS a talent.

Like OP says, he's always got to be one step ahead mr. super cool guy. Sorry boss, but your faces aren't going to get over if you go out of your way to seem cooler than them and make them look like dweebs. Especially, when realistically, you yourself are kind of just a dweeb.

The CyNick
03-01-2016, 11:48 AM
I'm putting this thread into the "why you people don't get the business" hall of fame.

Everything that happens between now and Mania should revolve around making you dislike HHH, make HHH look unbeatable, and make you want to see Roman win the strap. As a side bar, since they are likely doing HHH vs Dean Ambrose in the centre of the universe on the Network, you want to create an underdog story with Ambrose. Which also fits into his storyline with Lesnar for Mania.

This goes back to the debate about whether HHH should have beat Sting at 31. The answer was clearly yes then, and it should be crystal clear now. Just like people here will bitch if Ambrose loses to HHH clean on The Network. That's the right booking, because HHH is the champ going into Mania, and you want him losing to Reigns to mean something. If Sting can beat HHH, if Ambrose can beat HHH, if Dale can beat HHH, then when Roman's time comes, it's meaningless.

As far as the promo goes, I had no issue with it because it fits the character. HHH is a rich, snob. Ambrose gimmick appears to be that of a dirt bag alley fighter. I could see those kinds of people being stinker than a guy who frequently visits a wellness salon.

Most hilarious is the idea that HHH would try to cut off someone's ability to get over just to further his own character. This type of nonsense is what makes me laugh most about you people. You're so entrenched in this newsletter brainwashing that you think HHH would harm the company that will feed his children for generations just to "look cool" on tv. What's sad is I know you guys really believe that nonsense. So it's just funny. Sad too. But mostly funny.

Ol Dirty Dastard
03-01-2016, 12:01 PM
Fair enough. WWE#1!

Blonde Moment
03-01-2016, 12:28 PM
I'm putting this thread into the "why you people don't get the business" hall of fame.

Everything that happens between now and Mania should revolve around making you dislike HHH, make HHH look unbeatable, and make you want to see Roman win the strap. As a side bar, since they are likely doing HHH vs Dean Ambrose in the centre of the universe on the Network, you want to create an underdog story with Ambrose. Which also fits into his storyline with Lesnar for Mania.

This goes back to the debate about whether HHH should have beat Sting at 31. The answer was clearly yes then, and it should be crystal clear now. Just like people here will bitch if Ambrose loses to HHH clean on The Network. That's the right booking, because HHH is the champ going into Mania, and you want him losing to Reigns to mean something. If Sting can beat HHH, if Ambrose can beat HHH, if Dale can beat HHH, then when Roman's time comes, it's meaningless.

As far as the promo goes, I had no issue with it because it fits the character. HHH is a rich, snob. Ambrose gimmick appears to be that of a dirt bag alley fighter. I could see those kinds of people being stinker than a guy who frequently visits a wellness salon.

Most hilarious is the idea that HHH would try to cut off someone's ability to get over just to further his own character. This type of nonsense is what makes me laugh most about you people. You're so entrenched in this newsletter brainwashing that you think HHH would harm the company that will feed his children for generations just to "look cool" on tv. What's sad is I know you guys really believe that nonsense. So it's just funny. Sad too. But mostly funny.

You are right, it is HHH job to make you hate him as much as possible and it will be Ambrose's job to make sure you hate him even more after the special. Sooner or later Ambrose will get his title run or at least be more in th mix once the roster gets shifted around some and the part timers are weeded out.

However I am not sure if this will be enough to get Reigns over enough to give him is WM moment. I honestly think HHH should go over here and Rollins be the man to take him down. Hell they don't really even have to turn him for this

I am curious about Lesnar/Ambrose. Does Lesnar squish him like a bug or will someone come in on Ambroses behalf and give Ambrose the win after being beaten on for 15 min straight by Lesnar?

And just how long has Shane been into muay thai?

Ol Dirty Dastard
03-01-2016, 12:36 PM
I'm just confused as to why HHH gets to be #1 badass heel while all the other heels are jobbed out every 2nd week.

But I don't understand the business so how would I know?

Big Vic
03-01-2016, 01:08 PM
I wonder if HHH and Roman will trade wins like Brock and HHH did for some reason.

owenbrown
03-01-2016, 01:20 PM
Short of Roman Reigns defeating ISIS by himself and/or curing cancer in the next 5 weeks I will be rooting for Triple H at Mania.

rad dggy dg
03-01-2016, 01:43 PM
I just bought you a Roman Reigns t-shirt to wear during WrestleMania, when we watch it together, as father and son, sitting side by side and with our arms around one another, we are in real life father and son.

I love you billy-owenbrown. I might lick you while you sleep later so leave some chili on your face for me to clean-up.

The CyNick
03-01-2016, 02:00 PM
Fair enough. WWE#1!

Finally!

The CyNick
03-01-2016, 02:04 PM
I'm just confused as to why HHH gets to be #1 badass heel while all the other heels are jobbed out every 2nd week.

But I don't understand the business so how would I know?

Because Kevin Owens (or whoever you are talking about) isn't headlining 32.

Ol Dirty Dastard
03-01-2016, 02:14 PM
Why is HHH headlining Wrestlemania 32?

Ol Dirty Dastard
03-01-2016, 02:16 PM
Why is the only heel who is kept strong the headlining heel? Shouldn't others on the roster be protected as well, for the sake of the future?

Emperor Smeat
03-01-2016, 02:41 PM
At least Authority era wise, the biggest problem Triple H (and Steph) is having as a heel is that they want to be this gen's version of the Mr McMahon character but without the real development and consistency Vince was able to do in the Attitude Era.

Only time Triple H came close to being the new Vince was with the Bryan feud but even that had problems with how everyone else in the Authority was booked, especially Orton and Batista. Every other time, he's either been helping faces way too much as the evil boss or hurting his own guys for no real reason.

The CyNick
03-01-2016, 03:31 PM
Why is the only heel who is kept strong the headlining heel? Shouldn't others on the roster be protected as well, for the sake of the future?

You mean like Hunter was against Henry Godwinn?

The cream rises to the top.

Ol Dirty Dastard
03-01-2016, 03:39 PM
Why was Hunter put in that position with Henry Godwin?

Anybody Thrilla
03-01-2016, 03:45 PM
Curtain call

Shisen Kopf
03-01-2016, 03:50 PM
Could you please explain the curtain call in the form of a Haiku?

Ol Dirty Dastard
03-01-2016, 03:52 PM
Why have bad t.v. in order to punish a wrestler? Why not just suspend them?

harmsway
03-01-2016, 03:53 PM
Steel cage main event
X pac is not invited
Big nose in doghouse

Hanso Amore
03-01-2016, 04:26 PM
So following the Cynicks logic, hhh is making me hate him by making funny jokes that people,laugh at?

Other than that he could have had a very effective promo.

But his inability to not be everything makes him a shit heel at this point.

Icame4Hookers
03-01-2016, 05:14 PM
Tonight on Raw we opened in a nice segment where HHH and Dean Ambrose went toe to toe.

Ambrose cut a nice promo getting himself over as a face. The crowd is wild.

Then HHH gets to retort...and his first response is a little quip dig to get a pop. It was about smelling like soap and clean clothes.

Then he goes into a line about how he smells like power and money.

Line 1 is shitty dx face crap.

Line 2 is right in his character and is a real heel response.

Heel HHH has always wanted to be the cool guy heel and thT shit doesn't roll. He can't just be the bad guy, he has to be the cool bad ass smartest guy who can kill everyone and has all the power.

A face gets some flow going and he has to cut it off because he can't let anyone else look good.

Finally someone who get's it. also he's not even a real champion anymore.

Arrogance
03-03-2016, 01:20 PM
Ambrose is a better baby to work with than Reigns right now in my opinion. People are practically falling over themselves to boo Roman.

Ol Dirty Dastard
03-03-2016, 01:27 PM
So following the Cynicks logic, hhh is making me hate him by making funny jokes that people,laugh at?

Other than that he could have had a very effective promo.

But his inability to not be everything makes him a shit heel at this point.

He just needs to dial down "I'm the best at everything". Because he buries guys on the mic. Wrestling 101 dictates that you have to put your dance partner over in one way or another, otherwise, if you're going over in the feud, you just beat a jobber. Even worse, if you lose, you've lost to a jobber.

Also, no need for a half hour on the mic at the beginning of RAW. Worst trope in wrestling. He would be awesome with 5 minute promos that were focused on getting people over, not getting himself over. He's well spoken an intelligent enough.

CSL
03-03-2016, 02:56 PM

lolll @ the notion that you "get the business". I love your dedication to your gimmick.

thekrow
03-05-2016, 10:50 AM
Nothing wrong with a heel who can make the crowd laugh. There still a heel, they just know how to make people laugh. Its better than a generic "monster" who is silent.

Reminds me a lot about how people criticize Swede Savard for making jokes during his match and still doing "TOAST IS READY!" even when he is heel. Yeah its funny and likeable but you still hate him since hes the bad guy.

Sixx
03-05-2016, 11:06 AM
wait, he's still champion?

#1-norm-fan
03-05-2016, 12:34 PM
lol Someone find all the CyNick posts about how Rollins jobbing constantly was totally the right call because the heel champ has to lose so he doesn't look cool. They'll look hilarious next to that post about how HHH needs to be a world-beater going into WrestleMania.

SHEEEEEEEEP

Ol Dirty Dastard
03-05-2016, 02:08 PM

Mr. Nerfect
03-05-2016, 07:43 PM

Bwahahahahaha!

Mr. Nerfect
03-05-2016, 07:48 PM
I think Triple H, Vince, etc. think that the cool jokes add "flavor" to a feud, you know? In modern WWE, any sort of reaction -- a pop, a laugh, a snicker, loud snoring -- equates to success. Triple H can be a very effective heel (and I feel that overall he was on Monday), but the cool dad shit needs to be kept separate from Evil World Champion.

Roman Reigns isn't working as the top babyface champion hero. It's just a miscasting. I know people say that turning him heel would be the best route to take, but I think having him help Dean Ambrose at Roadblock and moving his feud with Triple H away from the belt would be good for all involved.

With Brock Lesnar vs. Dean Ambrose and Hell in a Cell with Undertaker and Shane going on before it, they should be quite nervous about how they're going to follow it up. The solution is simple: Move Triple H vs. Reigns down a spot.