PDA

View Full Version : Smackdown Spoilers for 3/3/16

Emperor Smeat
03-01-2016, 09:58 PM
Dark Segment:
* Backstage segment with Zack Ryder looking over the menu for tonight's catering before getting ambushed by Owen White and members of the Owen Family. White rambled about how "The Man" will regret firing him after the carnage his A.S.S. Movement (Association of Smackdown Stars) will inflict on the WWE. Tossed a burger on the floor to make his point. Vince randomly appeared and threatened to fire Ryder if he wastes food again before suddenly leaving.

Smackdown:
* Dean Ambrose kicks off SmackDown and cuts a promo. WWE Intercontinental Champion Kevin Owens interrupts and talks about not having a WrestleMania 32 opponent. Ambrose is sitting in a chair in the ring now. Owens tries to attack him from behind but Ambrose dodges it and hits Owens with the chair

* The League of Nations defeated The Usos. After the match, The Dudley Boyz came out with a table and beat The Usos down. They teased putting them through the table but didn't

* Dolph Ziggler defeated The Miz with a roll-up. This match seemed quick but was about the same length as their match on Monday

* Sasha Banks vs. Becky Lynch is next. The match starts with both of them looking at the WrestleMania sign. Ric Flair and WWE Divas Champion Charlotte comes out mid-match. Becky breaks a submission by getting to the ropes and Charlotte gets involved. She attacks them both and beats them both down before walking away. No winner is announced

* The Undertaker replay from RAW airs

* WWE Tag Team Champions The New Day are out. They cut promos on AJ Styles and Chris Jericho

* AJ Styles defeated Kofi Kingston with a springboard elbow

* Dean Ambrose defeated Kevin Owens in a non-title match with Dirty Deeds. Owens attacks after the match and sets up a table but Ambrose ends up elbow dropping Owens through it but the table didn't break, Owens just slid off. SmackDown ends

Corkscrewed
03-01-2016, 11:19 PM
Remember when Kevin Owens was actually doing stuff and not just peddling in circles?

Lock Jaw
03-01-2016, 11:47 PM
Remember when (INSERT ANY NAME HERE) was actually doing stuff and not just peddling in circles?

SlickyTrickyDamon
03-02-2016, 02:47 AM
He won with the Springboard elbow? That's like Bret Hart getting a pin with his middle rope elbow drop.

Shisen Kopf
03-02-2016, 09:54 AM
https://encrypted-tbn2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSAfGZ60O-wmVAYA-WhnD5xPeHbBgk0T-KuITRxRighsu2aktk

Big Vic
03-02-2016, 10:10 AM
http://images.rapgenius.com/3f1005b90028ea2ea85d84533269505c.600x600x1.jpg

Evil Vito
03-02-2016, 11:01 AM
Meh

Innovator
03-02-2016, 11:05 AM
Cmon Sami debut

Mr. Nerfect
03-02-2016, 06:59 PM
Kevin Owens will lose the IC Title in a Ladder Match at WrestleMania and then throw a tantrum on RAW, which is where Sami Zayn will return, attacking Owens setting up a match for the Payback PPV.

Mr. Nerfect
03-02-2016, 07:00 PM
The WWE are handling AJ Styles suspiciously well.

Mr. Nerfect
03-02-2016, 07:01 PM
Seems we can almost lock in the Triple Threat for the Divas Title. I was a tiny bit worried that they were going to push towards a 4-Way for the Tag Titles, which still might be the plan, but The League beating The Usos would seem to cap The Usos and move The League up and put The Usos into a program with The Dudleyz. But that would make sense.

Ol Dirty Dastard
03-02-2016, 08:04 PM
They are paying AJ good money. I assume they will do what they can to keep him as a nice little draw and he will be consistently featured in programs. Would appreciate if they kept him away from the IC title or US title scene. Just give him tv time and a chance to shine in feuds and let him shill merchandise.

Lock Jaw
03-02-2016, 08:30 PM
Turned on Smackdown, heard Mauro Ranallo's voice and immediately went "ugghhhh"

Ol Dirty Dastard
03-02-2016, 09:10 PM
I like Ranallo. Good Canadian Kid who knows the name of moves.

Lock Jaw
03-02-2016, 09:12 PM
Becky/Sasha was very good.... better than their RAW match.... better ending this way too... don't know why they didn't do this match/ending on RAW while simultaneously making it seem like it "mattered" via hype packs etc......

Lock Jaw
03-02-2016, 09:13 PM

I like the content of what he says, just puts on stupid/disingenuous "radio announcer voice" all the time.....

Heisenberg
03-03-2016, 09:01 AM
When Mauro commentated the pre-show @ Fastlane I was hoping he'd stay. The voice does initially set me off, but if you listen you can tell that he has a passion for what's going on and that's refreshing. Mauro/King are a good combo

Ol Dirty Dastard
03-03-2016, 12:01 PM
His voice is just his cadence. I'd rather he talked like that than having to listen to Michael Cole talk a load of shit or JBL going "MAGGGEL"

DAMN iNATOR
03-03-2016, 08:08 PM
His voice is just his cadence. I'd rather he talked like that than having to listen to Michael Cole talk a load of shit or JBL going "MAGGGEL"

I agree. I think his voice is perfectly suited for WWE broadcasts.

Bad News Gertner
03-04-2016, 07:25 AM
Watched Smackdown for the first time in forever. So Ambrose gets the piss beat out of him on Raw, sells the injuries during the opening promo, and then flies around during the main event like a crusierweight.
What the fuck? Go back to the indies.

Bad News Gertner
03-04-2016, 07:27 AM

He used to do commentary for Al Tomko's Vancouver promotion in the late 80's/early 90's. Mauro is pretty awesome.

Mr. Nerfect
03-05-2016, 08:34 PM
I can understand why people might not like the sound of his voice, but it does emphasise that he loves talking about wrestling. I wouldn't want every announcer to sound like that, but that's him.

Mr. Nerfect
03-05-2016, 08:34 PM
Certainly carries a credibility to everything he says.

Mr. Nerfect
03-05-2016, 08:35 PM
I like him and King together, because King's voice is so familiar.

Ol Dirty Dastard
03-05-2016, 08:35 PM
He was a pretty decent mma commentator but I think he is better at and has more passion for pro wrestling