PDA

View Full Version : If they want Reigns over as a face

Theo Dious
03-11-2016, 09:52 AM
Then this is what to do between now and the end of Wrestlemania.

At Roadblock you have HHH beat Ambrose with outside help from the League of Nations, which Reigns tries unsuccessfully to nullify. HHH then announces that to ensure that there is no such interference at Wrestlemania, he is instituting a special guest referee - Seth Rollins.
At Wrestlemania, Rollins' apparent shoddy officiating is close to costing Reigns the match when Ambrose, near destroyed from his war with Lesnar, makes his way to the ring. HHH disposes of him but takes Rollins out in the process. Reigns hits HHH with a spear but - no ref. HHH hits Reigns with the sledgehammer and collapses on Reigns, but instead of counting the pin, Rollins curbstomps him instead. Ambrose climbs back into the ring, and the reformed Shield triple powerbombs HHH to give Reigns the win.

If they want to keep Reigns face there's no other way to go.

Theo Dious
03-11-2016, 09:54 AM
I know the curbstomp is decommisioned at the moment but if HHH wants to take it he will.

Jari
03-11-2016, 10:07 AM
Then this is what to do between now and the end of Wrestlemania.

At Roadblock you have HHH beat Ambrose with outside help from the League of Nations, which Reigns tries unsuccessfully to nullify. HHH then announces that to ensure that there is no such interference at Wrestlemania, he is instituting a special guest referee - Seth Rollins.
At Wrestlemania, Rollins' apparent shoddy officiating is close to costing Reigns the match when Ambrose, near destroyed from his war with Lesnar, makes his way to the ring. HHH disposes of him but takes Rollins out in the process. Reigns hits HHH with a spear but - no ref. HHH hits Reigns with the sledgehammer and collapses on Reigns, but instead of counting the pin, Rollins curbstomps him instead. Ambrose climbs back into the ring, and the reformed Shield triple powerbombs HHH to give Reigns the win.

If they want to keep Reigns face there's no other way to go.

This reads like a clusterfuck to rival the clusterfuck that was Sting vs HHH last year.

Jari
03-11-2016, 10:08 AM
PS they edited the Curb Stomp out of the new NXT DVD - no one is taking that move anytime soon. The moment of Seth Rollins winning the first NXT Title basically doesn't happen.

Ruien
03-11-2016, 10:43 AM
If they get Ambrose involved in the decision the crowd will pop. Possibly have him come out as a ref at the end of the match, after the other ref gets knocked out, to count 123 everyone will pop.

Big Vic
03-11-2016, 11:09 AM
It doesn't make sense for Ambrose or Reigns to ever trust Rollins again.

Theo Dious
03-11-2016, 11:23 AM
If he gives Reigns the title that's reason enough. HHH and HBK got back together after HHH nearly paralyzed HBK with a sledgehammer.

Theo Dious
03-11-2016, 11:24 AM
PS they edited the Curb Stomp out of the new NXT DVD - no one is taking that move anytime soon. The moment of Seth Rollins winning the first NXT Title basically doesn't happen.

Yeah it's a wet dream and all but it'd be awesome.

The CyNick
03-11-2016, 03:27 PM
Just have Roman beat HHH clean in the middle with his finish and don't overreact to the troll fans.

Ol Dirty Dastard
03-11-2016, 03:43 PM
Just have Roman beat HHH clean in the middle with his finish and don't overreact to the troll fans.

I think Roman is going to need to realllly dig down deep and have a great match (will have to be out of this world), and this is the right decision. If he performs like it's Mania, and taps to into his full potential, this is doable. But if they over saturate and over produce his performance with too many bells and whistles with not enough substance, then this decision dies a death.

But I do agree with you ,,,,,,,,

road doggy dogg
03-11-2016, 03:49 PM
I would love if they changed direction with Reigns and had him become a "smark heel". Basically come out and embrace the boos and be all "Hey you dumb fucks, you can boo me all you want but I ain't going noooooowhere! *duckface* " and then basically just be like a cocky heel who acts like he farted in the elevator and doesn't care how bad you think it stinks

would be cool (to me)

road doggy dogg
03-11-2016, 03:50 PM
also there should be an Elevator Match at WM and Reigns should fart in it and win via knockout when HHH fails to get up after a 10-count

Theo Dious
03-11-2016, 03:50 PM
If this was anything other than Wrestlemania I'd agree, but counting on Roman to overcome everyone else's mistakes is seriously risking another shit-ass Mania ending like what we got with Cena-Miz.

Maluco
03-11-2016, 05:29 PM
The only way he is a major face long term IMO is a heel run first. Get him over as a badass monster heel and the crowd will eventually turn him themselves.

I understand they want a clean-cut face character, but the fans haven't taken to him and he doesn't have Cena's talent.

HHH will get cheered at Mania. Have whoever the guest ref is paid off by Shane to cost HHH the match and usher in a new era of Shane's new chosen face of the company.

You have a ready made feud with Ambrose, against face Lesnar, returning Cena....and eventually a returning HHH with Seth Rollins to battle for the company.

The CyNick
03-13-2016, 05:37 PM
I think Roman is going to need to realllly dig down deep and have a great match (will have to be out of this world), and this is the right decision. If he performs like it's Mania, and taps to into his full potential, this is doable. But if they over saturate and over produce his performance with too many bells and whistles with not enough substance, then this decision dies a death.

But I do agree with you ,,,,,,,,

They usually leave the Mania main event alone in terms of overbooking. At most I could see an outside ref spot for someone like HBK, which would lead to Rock doing something. Then the smoke clears, and its HHH vs Reigns, and Reigns overcomes.

I dont think there is any doubt he will be booed a lot in the building, but honestly, thats good. You dont need those fans cheering for you.

Emperor Smeat
03-13-2016, 09:57 PM
If the WWE wants to stay stubborn with their plans for Reigns to be their new mega star, feels like it would be better in the long run to have Triple H win at Mania and let Reigns build up more cred with a solid midcard title run.

Let Triple H feud with different crowd favorites to build up a lot of legit heel heat while Reigns has a more organic rise with a solid US Challenge-like title reign. Then have those two face off in a title vs title match either at SummerSlam or Survivor Series and use that as the real coronation to the Reigns Era.

WWE trying to force another coronation at Mania is just going to end in failure and hurt Reigns a lot more in the long run. Same for if they are that dumb to try again next year until they get the coronation results they want.

Mr. Nerfect
03-14-2016, 03:16 PM
They should have moved the belt over to Ambrose and had Reigns act like a real bad-ass who knows his time is coming and just wants to fight Triple H at WrestleMania. People are mainly booing because they see the end game with him.

Ol Dirty Dastard
03-14-2016, 03:23 PM
They usually leave the Mania main event alone in terms of overbooking. At most I could see an outside ref spot for someone like HBK, which would lead to Rock doing something. Then the smoke clears, and its HHH vs Reigns, and Reigns overcomes.

I dont think there is any doubt he will be booed a lot in the building, but honestly, thats good. You dont need those fans cheering for you.

There's a difference between overbooking and overproducing. If he kicks out of 6 pedigrees and overcomes the odds while pandering to the audience he will get shit on. If he kicks ass and shows some genuine fire and aggression then it will be a rousing success with all demographics.

Mr. Nerfect
03-14-2016, 03:25 PM
I don't know how this match follows the Cell. With the outcome of that match being known, how will people be able to react to Triple H out there honestly? It all seems very odd. The Cell match is like a big throbbing cock standing out and making everything a bit awkward. Like this analogy.

Evil Vito
03-14-2016, 03:31 PM
If they want Reigns to get over with the smark audience they just need to book him to Spear CyNick over and over and over again until there are bones in his stool.

slik
03-14-2016, 04:33 PM
He needs to rassle in jorts. I only believe someone is the face of the company now if they rassle in jorts.

JORTS REIGNS ONLY

The CyNick
03-14-2016, 04:41 PM
There's a difference between overbooking and overproducing. If he kicks out of 6 pedigrees and overcomes the odds while pandering to the audience he will get shit on. If he kicks ass and shows some genuine fire and aggression then it will be a rousing success with all demographics.

I agree with that

The CyNick
03-14-2016, 04:42 PM
If they want Reigns to get over with the smark audience they just need to book him to Spear CyNick over and over and over again until there are bones in his stool.

I'm up for it. Anything to help out.

The CyNick
03-14-2016, 04:43 PM
If the WWE wants to stay stubborn with their plans for Reigns to be their new mega star, feels like it would be better in the long run to have Triple H win at Mania and let Reigns build up more cred with a solid midcard title run.

Let Triple H feud with different crowd favorites to build up a lot of legit heel heat while Reigns has a more organic rise with a solid US Challenge-like title reign. Then have those two face off in a title vs title match either at SummerSlam or Survivor Series and use that as the real coronation to the Reigns Era.

WWE trying to force another coronation at Mania is just going to end in failure and hurt Reigns a lot more in the long run. Same for if they are that dumb to try again next year until they get the coronation results they want.

Reigns probably shouldn't fail again at Mania. Unless he's meant to turn heel.

The CyNick
03-14-2016, 04:45 PM
I don't know how this match follows the Cell. With the outcome of that match being known, how will people be able to react to Triple H out there honestly? It all seems very odd. The Cell match is like a big throbbing cock standing out and making everything a bit awkward. Like this analogy.

Could be if HHH keeps the title they can't get rid of him. Or they've made a point of saying Shane would control RAW. They could have a promo where HHH says if by some miracle Shane beats Taker, HHH can say he's taking the belt to Smackdown.

Mr. Nerfect
03-14-2016, 07:16 PM
I'm talking more emotionally. You kind of change perspectives on Triple H depending whether or not Shane wins. Odd stuff.

Corkscrewed
03-15-2016, 04:16 AM
If they want Reigns to be over as a face, just have him be a badass that wrecks things. That's what got him over as part of The Shield.

Psychologically, how many people can relate to a big, muscular guy being bullied and having to overcome the odds? Roman doesn't have the look of an underdog; stop forcing him to be one and instead have him be a badass, which he is much better visually suited for.

Hell, the biggest reactions for Reigns have been his two beatdowns on HHH in the past five months.

The Condor
03-17-2016, 08:56 AM
My neighbor's kid is a 7 year old boy who loves John Cena, the Lucha Dragons and Roman Reigns. The other day I asked him if he was ready for Mania, and he got excited. I asked him if he couldn't wait for Reigns to win, and he lost his smile. "Roman Reigns sucks, I like Cena and Dean Ambrose," he said.

Great job by the company, even their easiest to please and manipulate segment of the audience think the guy is a useless pussy . This is historically awful booking and handling of a guy, and it's got so much car wreck appeal.

rob11
03-17-2016, 01:24 PM
My neighbor's kid is a 7 year old boy who loves John Cena, the Lucha Dragons and Roman Reigns. The other day I asked him if he was ready for Mania, and he got excited. I asked him if he couldn't wait for Reigns to win, and he lost his smile. "Roman Reigns sucks, I like Cena and Dean Ambrose," he said.

Great job by the company, even their easiest to please and manipulate segment of the audience think the guy is a useless pussy . This is historically awful booking and handling of a guy, and it's got so much car wreck appeal.
My Nephew is also 7 and loves Cena. I asked him about Reigns and he said "Reigns sucks, I hate him."

Ol Dirty Dastard
03-17-2016, 02:03 PM
I think what's lost in all of this is that the WWE is so crap, that Condor's 7-year-old neighbour has lost his smile.

Ol Dirty Dastard
03-17-2016, 02:06 PM
It is amazing the Vince is making the EXACT SAME mistake with Reigns now that he did in 1995 with Diesel.

How is that possible? Did he forget how bad that push tanked? Reigns got over as an asskicker, not a baby kisser who cuts cutesy promos. Highlighted even more by the fact he got over when he blasted the fuck out of HHH at the end of last year and then he was back to old cutesy Reigns because "that's who I am this week".

I just don't get it. How can you not tell that your fans are not responding to your creative touch? Why not just let the guy be himself. Personal pride is a fucked up thing. Vince is an actual crazy person which I don't think helps. I honestly think he abides by the George Costanza mantra, "it's not a lie, if you believe it".

road doggy dogg
03-17-2016, 04:10 PM
yeah well my nephew is 8 and likes Sin Cara

Ol Dirty Dastard
03-17-2016, 04:11 PM
But Sin Cara is kinda cool in a way

The Condor
03-17-2016, 05:06 PM
I think what's lost in all of this is that the WWE is so crap, that Condor's 7-year-old neighbour has lost his smile.

Speaking of which, last I checked, that RAW is not on the Network. I want to relive that show, damn it.