PDA

View Full Version : Show Me Love (AKA Fucking Amal)

Triple A
05-24-2004, 05:09 AM
Oh my God, this movie is amazing. Just finished watching it. I love this movie.

It's about two girls...

Elin - She is a popular girl and sort of a "slut". She is really outgoing and all that shit.

Agnes - Basically the complete opposite. She is a "loser" and has absolutely no friends and is very shy and all that. Plus, she is a lesbian, in love with Elin.

Anyway, wow, this movie rules. Captures life as a high school student amazingly well and it's so easily relatable. I usually like a bunch of movies that the casual movie goer wouldn't like, but this movie is amazing and I don't see how anyone would not like it if they watched it. So good.

Download it from Kazaa or Suprnova or whatever. It's a foreign film, but it's great. BTW, Mask, it's the same guy that made Lilja 4-ever.

It's rated an 8.0 on IMDb, keeping in mind that a 7.7 is good enough to get on the top 250 films of all time list.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0150662/

Lara Emily
05-24-2004, 05:12 AM
I loved it as well, I made a post about it a while back on the old boards. It's such a funny, well made, film that to me captures real life quite well.

Triple A
05-24-2004, 05:12 AM
Yeah, seriously. Throughout the whole movie I was like "OMG this shit is great." You feel for all the characters so well. AHHHHHH good shit.

Lara Emily
05-24-2004, 05:27 AM
Yeah, seriously. Throughout the whole movie I was like "OMG this shit is great." You feel for all the characters so well. AHHHHHH good shit.
Yep sadly the only copy I could get online was the original Swedish DVD rip without subtitles.

MoRcHeEbA
05-24-2004, 05:27 AM
is it in english? or is it subtitled? I'm not made of energy to read and watch a movie at the same time

Triple A
05-24-2004, 05:44 AM
It's subtitled, you dumb shit, Cheeba.

Watch it, you will like it. It's not like the subtitles are some long ass passages. It's basic dialogue. :rant:

Triple A
05-24-2004, 05:45 AM
Yep sadly the only copy I could get online was the original Swedish DVD rip without subtitles.
Yeah, I got the same, BUT...

There is a program mitch_h showed me that adds subtitles to foreign films you download. :love:

http://www.divxmovies.com/subtitles/

Lara Emily
05-24-2004, 05:48 AM
Yeah, I got the same, BUT...

There is a program mitch_h showed me that adds subtitles to foreign films you download. :love:

http://www.divxmovies.com/subtitles/

Is Show me Love there?

Triple A
05-24-2004, 05:49 AM
Yup. I tried to watch it without subtitles, but gave up like five minutes in. Not meant to be watched that way. :rant:

Lara Emily
05-24-2004, 05:52 AM
Yup. I tried to watch it without subtitles, but gave up like five minutes in. Not meant to be watched that way. :rant: Could you upload the sub file?

The only files I see are microDVD format and I have no clue what the f</>uck that is.

Triple A
05-24-2004, 05:55 AM
Rename it the exact same name as the video clip and make it a .sub file.

Lara Emily
05-24-2004, 05:56 AM
Rename it the exact same name as the video clip and make it a .sub file.
thanks.

Lara Emily
05-24-2004, 06:20 AM
Yay it works perfectly with the copy I had gotten a long time ago. Thanks Trips. FInally I'll be able to watch it again (Seen it twice already just not the copy I have)

El Capitano Gatisto
05-24-2004, 11:32 AM
My girlfriend saw this while she was in Finland. Can't remember if she said it was any or good or not, just that it had tits in it.

loopydate
05-24-2004, 04:24 PM
Fantastic movie. I had seen bits of it on Encore or Bravo or one of the non/HBO/Showtime/Cinemax movie channels, but never start-to-finish. Then they showed it at this year's Central Michigan International Film Festival, and I was blown away. Great, great movie.

samichna
05-24-2004, 04:26 PM
Thought it said Fucking Anal :naughty:

Triple A
05-25-2004, 09:21 AM
Wow I'm still here thinking about the movie today and about how much it rules. It's almost perfect. Like has everything I could ever want in a movie. It is the epitome of "my type of movie".

oaiusfdoiusfadoiausfd definitely in my top ten, maybe even top five. SO GOOD OMGGGG

Lara Emily
05-25-2004, 09:23 AM
Wow I'm still here thinking about the movie today and about how much it rules. It's almost perfect. Like has everything I could ever want in a movie. It is the epitome of "my type of movie".

oaiusfdoiusfadoiausfd definitely in my top ten, maybe even top five. SO GOOD OMGGGGI was lucky to see it projected up on a bigger screen at my high school last year, they ran an International Film club, it was great.

Triple A
05-25-2004, 09:25 AM
Nice. :cool:

Lara Emily
05-25-2004, 09:30 AM
Nice. :cool:
Yeah.

AlphaBean
05-26-2004, 08:00 AM

oaiusfdoiusfadoiausfd definitely in my top ten, maybe even top five. SO GOOD OMGGGG

Yeah it has

1) Teenage girls.

2) Lesbians.

It's absolutely the perfect movie of all time.

I desperately want this movie, but I want to find it here... I don't want to have to buy it from Amazon :rant:

I can't find it at the video stores around here or anything :(

Triple A
05-26-2004, 08:02 AM
Download it from Kazaa you piece of crap.

Lara Emily
05-26-2004, 08:05 AM
Yeah it has

1) Teenage girls.

2) Lesbians.

It's absolutely the perfect movie of all time.

I desperately want this movie, but I want to find it here... I don't want to have to buy it from Amazon :rant:

I can't find it at the video stores around here or anything :(
Yeah Kazaa is where I found it. Just look up Fucking amal with the right accents not Show me Love.

Triple A
05-26-2004, 08:06 AM
Yeah just search for "fucking amal". Don't need the accents actually.

Lara Emily
05-26-2004, 08:07 AM
Yeah just search for "fucking amal". Don't need the accents actually.

Oh i did when I looked.

Triple A
05-26-2004, 08:13 AM
Lara, watch Lilja 4-ever. Same filmmaker. http://www.tpww.net/forums/showthread.php?t=13332

AlphaBean
05-26-2004, 08:21 AM
Was that the one with Rebecka Liljeberg in it? If she ain't in it, I ain't watching it.

Triple A
05-26-2004, 08:23 AM
Rebecka Liljeberg is in Fucking Amal.

AlphaBean
05-26-2004, 08:23 AM
Oh and my computer hardly has enough space for Dreamweaver after I deleted like, all of my Transformers episodes and several programs, so I can't download any more movies you ******s :(

Triple A
05-26-2004, 08:24 AM
TOUGH BREAK.

AlphaBean
05-26-2004, 08:24 AM
Rebecka Liljeberg is in Fucking Amal.

I was talking about Lilja 4 Ever you ******.

Triple A
05-26-2004, 08:25 AM
I know. And I said Rebecka Liljeberg is in Fucking Amal, not Lilja 4-ever.

Triple A
05-26-2004, 08:25 AM
Rebecka Liljeberg OR WHATEVER looks kinda like Rhi KINDA. :rant:

Triple A
05-26-2004, 08:33 AM
http://img.atpictures.com/rebecka/rebecka10.jpg

AlphaBean
05-26-2004, 08:34 AM
Rebecka Liljeberg OR WHATEVER looks kinda like Rhi KINDA. :rant:

Yeah which is why I don't have the hots for Rebecka anymore, but I'm still a huge fan just because of fucking åmål.

Anyway, IMDB'd her and saw she was in "Bear's Kiss," some Siberian circus movie? Sherdil... about Rebecka and a horse... "The Birthday" which she doesn't star in... and "Where the Rainbow Ends" where she has a bit part as well.

What the hell? I understand that after "fucking åmål" she kinda retired from movies to go to college for computers or something I THINK, but honestly. After making one of Sweden's best movies of all time, she takes bit roles? That's horrible.

She definitely needs to come to American movies. Nerds everywhere would fall in love with her. :rant:

AlphaBean
05-26-2004, 08:36 AM
I know. And I said Rebecka Liljeberg is in Fucking Amal, not Lilja 4-ever.

I wanted to know if she was in both, because I heard she was working with Moodysson(sp) in another movie. Dunno though, maybe I didn't hear that, or it was just a rumor.

Triple A
05-26-2004, 08:36 AM
She looks mad dykish when she is all dressed up in the big sweaters and baggy pants and crap though, I wanna punch her in the face.

Triple A
05-26-2004, 08:37 AM
I wanted to know if she was in both, because I heard she was working with Moodysson(sp) in another movie. Dunno though, maybe I didn't hear that, or it was just a rumor.
According to IMDb, no.

AlphaBean
05-26-2004, 08:42 AM
She looks mad dykish when she is all dressed up in the big sweaters and baggy pants and crap though, I wanna punch her in the face.

She's not all whorish like Elin, but still has that nerdy charm.

Her boyfriend does the website for the production company that made fucking amal. lol. She probably helps him with that shit. Awesome.

Did you know that Russian super pop duo Tatu are inspired by Fucking Åmål? Well, with the lesbian image and on-stage kissing act it's not a big surprise that Agnes and Elin would be great role models for Yulia and Lena! The girls actually have a song entitled Show Me Love on their new album, and they are said to have been very happy when Lukas Moodysson included Nas ne dagoniat on the Lilja 4-ever soundtrack. These songs and of course the mega hit All the things she said are on the album 200 km/h in the wrong lane that was released here in Sweden a month ago.

:yes:

Lara Emily
05-26-2004, 10:19 AM
Lara, watch Lilja 4-ever. Same filmmaker. http://www.tpww.net/forums/showthread.php?t=13332I'll try and get it. Kazaa isn't turning up any results right now.

Yep nothing :'( :(

Lara Emily
05-26-2004, 10:31 AM
Found it on Soul Seek of course that menas it'll be days before I actually get it :(

Boomer
06-02-2004, 11:42 AM
Saw it last night. Really good. I was expecting it to end on a bad note, but I thought the movie ended perfectly. I really can't imagine it ending any better.

The Outlaw
11-14-2004, 01:51 PM
Bump

These subtitles arent working for me