PDA

View Full Version : QUESTION - What do you think about Roman Reigns and Eric Bischoff forming a heel wrestler/manager duo?

Heyman
04-06-2016, 10:07 AM
QUESTION - What do you think about Roman Reigns and Eric Bischoff forming a heel wrestler/manager duo?

What do you guys think? Roman Reigns turns heel later this year and introduces Bischoff as his manager. I think it would achieve the following:

1) Turns Reigns' heel: Austin mentioned this on a podcast awhile back, and mentioned that in order to become a great face, most guys have to be a great heel first. I think Austin is right here.

2) Bischoff gives Reigns a "main event presence," along with providing RR with the mic skill component. Bischoff has always had an on-air "elite" presence, and his presence would help Reigns ten-fold. Since there's already been a number of "Heyman guys" in the past, someone being a "Bischoff guy" might bring an element of uniqueness/exclusivity.

3) Roman Reigns w/Eric Bischoff vs. Brock Lesnar w/Heyman gets perfectly set up for next year's Wrestlemania. Next year's Mania' takes place in Brock's home state. Would be pretty cool to see this as a main-event, with Bischoff and Heyman mixing it up outside the ring (along with in the promo's leading up to Mania').

Obviously, this idea is very farfetched, but Bischoff has stated that he's open to returning to the WWE.

Thoughts?

road doggy dogg
04-06-2016, 10:09 AM
I dig it

Jazzy Foot
04-06-2016, 10:42 AM
Sounds like a great idea but as with most great ideas, WWE will have other ideas....worse ones.

road doggy dogg
04-06-2016, 10:51 AM
Reigns was at his best/most convincing when he was the muscle of the Shield. Rollins was the mouthpiece and Romans just had that big imposing presence. His wrestling style fit in perfectly in the tag format, as he could make the hot tag and hit his few spots and get the crowd going.

I don't know if I'd call that "masking his weaknesses" but it definitely played up his strengths and he wasn't being placed in a role that he was not prepared for. I'm thinking maybe if the Shield was around a bit longer to get him more comfortable with things before a big solo run it would have benefitted him.

Giving him a mouthpiece like Bischoff, a la Heyman to Brock, would serve a lot of the same benefits. Less pressure on him to try and sound threatening etc, and it adds a few more 'spots' to his matches as filler.

HOWEVER comma it would totally go against what it appears they're taking this new direction with him in. "I'm not a bad guy, I'm not a good guy, I'm THE guy." ...but if you're THE guy why are you going to be Bischoff's lapdog? Doesn't scream strong independence etc, even if we kind of know that's what he isn't (yet)

idk. I think if they did it before the Cena-push it would've worked but now the "cat's outta the bag" so it might end up looking goofy and counter-intuitive.

Clearly at this point they're sinking or swimming (mostly sinking) with Reigns as their guy, so they might just be saying fuck it and letting him earn his lumps until he improves more

road doggy dogg
04-06-2016, 10:52 AM
I still think though if they had him essentially go heel and feud with Ambrose that would do wonders for him. Summerslam match between the two

The MAC
04-06-2016, 10:57 AM
they want him over as face. He is Cena's replacement - they won't stop...they will never stop pushing him as a face. The kiddies will buy merch...smart marks will bitch but still pay for the network. The only place WWE is losing is having to dub out the boo's

road doggy dogg
04-06-2016, 11:05 AM
That's kind of the problem though. They're trying to force him to be popular. I don't know if it's WWE's arrogance in thinking that "we can make anyone a star", but the entire process feels anything but organic. I understand you don't want to simply push a "flash in the pan" type guy who's massively over now but you have no faith in carrying the torch, and obviously Reigns has "THE BLOODLINE" and "look" of being a star, but he should be groomed for that role instead of thrust into it

Ol Dirty Dastard
04-06-2016, 11:28 AM
I'm not a bad guy, I'm not a good guy, I'm THE guy sounds like something Michael Cole would say a lot on commentary, along with Byron Saxton. Like they will just keep saying it during matches as though it's actual play-by-play analysis.

Ol Dirty Dastard
04-06-2016, 11:31 AM
"That's the thing about Roman Reigns... he's not a bad guy... he's THE guy.... Sin Cara digging down deep right now against Ryback!"

Evil Vito
04-06-2016, 11:33 AM
Anything that gets Eric Bischoff back on TV gets my endorsement.

#ChurchOfBischoff

road doggy dogg
04-06-2016, 11:57 AM
I'm not a bad guy, I'm not a good guy, I'm THE guy sounds like something Michael Cole would say a lot on commentary, along with Byron Saxton. Like they will just keep saying it during matches as though it's actual play-by-play analysis.

yeah p much

I thought the promo itself was fine for Reigns, but if it becomes a "regular thing" he says then it will prolly become cringeworthy

slik
04-06-2016, 12:58 PM
Corey Graves as heel manager for Roman Reigns please

Shisen Kopf
04-06-2016, 01:20 PM
Make Roman Reigns become a super obnoxious face, like cheesecake 80s face garbage. Have Jon Cena manage him while he's hurt and you've got the best heel in the company.

Swiss Ultimate
04-06-2016, 01:24 PM
Not a lot of people know this, but Bischoff is a very close friend of mine. I think he would do wonders as a mentor for Reigns really teach him how to be a main-eventer like myself.

How about this added to the pot. We bring back Goldberg, Kevin Nash, and Scott Hall in non-wrestling roles as foils to Bischoff. Each of them warning Reigns about the eventual betrayal is bound to face if he keeps working with Bischoff. Reigns works most of the year as an entertaining heel, then towards the end starts to show doubts and turns face during Wrestlemania main-event.

Simple Fan
04-06-2016, 04:10 PM
I like it. Probably could have gotten him over a little bit more had he turned down HHHs offer to be his guy and brought back Eric instead. Bischoff really the perfect guy to stick him with, could do wonders with the heat Reigns gets.

Blonde Moment
04-06-2016, 09:00 PM
I like the idea of using Paul Heyman instead. Maybe have him build a stable of killer heels. Lesnar, Reigns and Braun Strowman with Heyman concentrating his efforts mainly on Lesnar and Stroman. Anyways the idea is to keep Reigns off the mike as much as possible ( on TV ) have him use old school heel tactics, give him a sadistic streak.... just have him be a bully to everyone

Start a feud with Ambrose by having him push around Renee constantly

Emperor Smeat
04-06-2016, 09:16 PM
Like the idea of Roman getting a manager and having a Heyman-Lesnar type vibe between the two but think Jericho might be a better pick especially with his recent heel turn.

Simple Fan
04-06-2016, 09:34 PM
Ricardo Rodriguez

RRRRRRRRRRRRoman RRRRRRRRRRRRReigns

jbizness
04-07-2016, 04:40 AM
This is as awful in the way Oprah loves bread. Throw 2 years of build on a reactionary response to the snarkiest and most useless smarks ever.

Jari
04-07-2016, 06:50 AM
This is as awful in the way Oprah loves bread. Throw 2 years of build on a reactionary response to the snarkiest and most useless smarks ever.

Yeah cause a year and a half ago he couldn't have been more over with the crowd if they tried

http://www.ringsidenews.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/06/Royal-Rumble-Roman-Reigns-645x370.jpg

Jari
04-07-2016, 06:56 AM
they want him over as face. He is Cena's replacement - they won't stop...they will never stop pushing him as a face. The kiddies will buy merch...smart marks will bitch but still pay for the network. The only place WWE is losing is having to dub out the boo's

People say this but when the camera pans around the crowd I don't see any kids there with their Roman Empire T-Shirts and Roman Reigns wanking gloves.

jbizness
04-07-2016, 07:17 AM
Yeah cause a year and a half ago he couldn't have been more over with the crowd if they tried

http://www.ringsidenews.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/06/Royal-Rumble-Roman-Reigns-645x370.jpg
So let's put him in an incredulous and incredibly unrealistic situation. Yeah, that would make "wanking" sense.

Edit: Just a small note, but who the fuck says "wanking" that isn't those fucking mice from that Disney movie from down under? Shit is clown shoes, ya wanker!

Ruien
04-07-2016, 08:06 AM
People say this but when the camera pans around the crowd I don't see any kids there with their Roman Empire T-Shirts and Roman Reigns wanking gloves.

I have to agree. A kid will not like a wrestler his parent dislikes. With Cena, he was really over with everyone at one point. He then became super kid friendly and there was no way to stop the process for the adults.

It's not like Cena was given the BOOOO treatment until years after his face run.

Theo Dious
04-07-2016, 08:27 AM
I have to agree. A kid will not like a wrestler his parent dislikes.

...what?

jbizness
04-07-2016, 08:36 AM
...what?
I think there's a word in the English language called sarcasm. It tends to fly over heads but it is a useful tool to expose morons.

Nicky Fives
04-07-2016, 09:59 AM
no interest in seeing Eric Bischoff on my television again.

Tom Guycott
04-07-2016, 10:10 AM
I still think though if they had him essentially go heel and feud with Ambrose that would do wonders for him. Summerslam match between the two

Die, Roman, Die

jbizness
04-07-2016, 10:19 AM
no interest in seeing Eric Bischoff on my television again.
Again, exactly. Did everyone else forget Bischoff's last run? This might well be "Heyman"'s dumbest idea since NoId started posting.