PDA

View Full Version : Did anyone watch Slammiversary and if so was it any good

slik
06-13-2016, 12:18 AM
I forgot it was tonight and was going to watch b/c the youtube video where Matt Hardy looks like a fat Seth Rollins and yells "BROTHER NERO" a lot.

SlickyTrickyDamon
06-13-2016, 12:51 AM
No, forgot completely.

Mr. Nerfect
06-13-2016, 07:23 AM
I read a review that had nice things to say about the Lashley/Galloway match, the X-Division match, Matt/Jeff and EC3/Bennett. Sounded like a solid PPV with some good direction, to be honest.

Rammsteinmad
06-13-2016, 09:24 AM
You know what, I haven't watched a TNA PPV in a couple of years, nor have I really followed the product for a long time. I'm gonna look for a stream of this now and check it out.

That Matt Hardy/Brother Nero video was ricockulous, but whatever, let's see what TNA 2016 has to offer.

P.S. Still think Slammiversary should have been their "Wrestlemania", not Bound For Glory.

Sixx
06-13-2016, 09:36 AM
What the fuck is a Full Metal Mayhem match?

Wiki tells me that's what the Hardys had.

Hanso Amore
06-13-2016, 09:41 AM
It's one of tnas rip off gimmick matches like monsters ball.

Basically a cage match with lots of weapons

Rammsteinmad
06-13-2016, 09:42 AM
Okay ten seconds into the first match and they've already shown the empty side of the arena where the production people are. Very bush-league.

This is something TNA have always done that sets them apart from WWE instantly. Their camera-side audience looks packed and gives a great illusion that the venue is sold out, but then they show the hard-camera side without a care in the world, and seeing ten people sat there ultimately kills the atmosphere. Come on TNA!

Sixx
06-13-2016, 09:44 AM
Hahaha, oh my god.

I just googled Monster's Ball match, too. From wiki:

The key premise of the match was that all contenders are sequestered alone in a locked room without light, food or water for twenty-four hours before the match. This stipulation is intended to induce extreme feelings of aggression in the competitors.

Is this for real? TNA is fucking hilarious.

Stickman
06-13-2016, 10:12 AM
Hahaha, oh my god.

The key premise of the match was that all contenders are sequestered alone in a locked room without light, food or water for twenty-four hours before the match. This stipulation is intended to induce extreme feelings of aggression in the competitors.

Didn't Roddy Piper stay in Alcatraz for a week before facing Hogan in wcw

Rammsteinmad
06-13-2016, 11:47 AM
Ending up skipping most of it. Was pretty boring. Everyone in TNA feels the same. Like, their looks, movesets, gimmicks, can't tell most of 'em apart. I do miss the days around 2005/2006 when TNA was JACKED with awesome talent and matches. Everything about them just feels bush-league and it feels like nothing has evolved or changed since 2005. Other than the roster.

Simple Fan
06-13-2016, 01:10 PM
What the fuck is a Full Metall Mayhem match?

Wiki tells me that's what the Hardys had.

It's one of tnas rip off gimmick matches like monsters ball.

Basically a cage match with lots of weapons

No it's TNAs version of a TLC match. The match Hanso mentioned is called Lethal Lockdown.

Simple Fan
06-13-2016, 01:13 PM
Hahaha, oh my god.

They haven't really done the 24 hour lock up in a long time. It is Abyss's signature match.

Sixx
06-13-2016, 03:21 PM
Abyss, the poor man's Kane?

Hanso Amore
06-13-2016, 09:24 PM
No it's TNAs version of a TLC match. The match Hanso mentioned is called Lethal Lockdown.

You are right on it being tlc

Lethal lockdown is a war games ripoff though.

Simple Fan
06-13-2016, 09:48 PM
Yeah, they will also occasionally have weapons hanging from the cage. The Ambrose Asylum match reminded me of it.

Dark One
06-13-2016, 11:09 PM
Here's the main highlight:

<iframe src='https://gfycat.com/ifr/BabyishDependentKookaburra' frameborder='0' scrolling='no' width='422' height='753.8571428571427' allowfullscreen></iframe>

Sting Fan
06-14-2016, 06:27 AM
I read the results. Why does it seem like everyone has a goofy nick name?

Nicky Fives
06-14-2016, 07:11 AM
I torrented it, but won't watch it for awhile as I'm so far behind on the impacts....

Stickman
06-14-2016, 09:52 AM
Wait, when did they go back to the 6sided ring?

Simple Fan
06-14-2016, 02:12 PM
After Hogan left.

slik
06-14-2016, 03:25 PM
TNA CFO says Slammiversary almost didn't happen because TNA ran out of money for production the day of the ppv:

http://nodq.com/indy/467919386.shtml

erickman
06-14-2016, 03:53 PM
TNA CFO says Slammiversary almost didn't happen because TNA ran out of money for production the day of the ppv:

http://nodq.com/indy/467919386.shtml

I thought billy smashing pumpkens was going to buy part of the company, time for someone to take over they have tv and talent.

Simple Fan
06-14-2016, 03:56 PM
They announced that he was becoming a minority owner in the company yesterday. It was probably him bailing them out and paying for the PPV and TV taping this week.

Rollermacka
06-14-2016, 06:04 PM
Personal opinion, it was pretty good.

X Division match was a solid "spotfest" match
Shera Grado vs The Tribunal was "ok" (nothing special)
Three way for the knockouts title had moments (Gail was added to the match)
James Storm vs Braxton Stutter pretty much a filler match (best part was Storm's pre match promo)
EC3 vs Miracle was really good
Tag Title match was really overbooked
Hardy vs Hardy was a good "garbage match"
Galloway vs Lashley was a good main event

There was alot of "outside interferences"..... But overall it was pretty good