PDA

View Full Version : Let's play "which brand should he return to"? (Luke Harper)

Rollermacka
08-04-2016, 11:53 AM
http://i696.photobucket.com/albums/vv323/Rollermacka/Mobile%20Uploads/18edhm_zps1wkhnnus.jpg

So with alot of injured stars making their return in the not too distant future, let's see how you guys think they should be brought back. Do you see Luke Harper making his return on RAW (maybe a singles run or a monster team with Strowman) or should he return to Smackdown? Get "the band" back together with the original three members...

Simple Fan
08-04-2016, 11:58 AM
Smackdown Live. Keep the original Wyatts together plus they need better tag teams and he could be useful in the mid card that is weak as well.

Anybody Thrilla
08-04-2016, 12:08 PM
I'll say Smackdown as well. He's the only person that can make Rowan worth a shit in any capacity. I feel like a Harper/Rowan v. American Alpha feud would breed some really great matches.

I watch both shows, so I'll just be happy to have him back in any capacity. Love me some Harper.

slik
08-04-2016, 12:30 PM
I want Harper/Rowan separate from Bray...I like Bray on his own...but I also feel Braun Strowman needs to be on his own to be strong...

I guess SDLive so they can be in the tag team feuds -- American Alpha vs. Harper/Rowan

Emperor Smeat
08-04-2016, 03:49 PM
Smackdown mostly because they need the midcard help more and Wyatt Family being a fallback option if another singles run ends up not working.

Anybody Thrilla
08-04-2016, 04:09 PM
His singles run before definitely could have worked before if they would have stuck with it. He definitely should have had a longer IC title reign. That ladder match with Dolph Ziggler was incredible, but he should have at least won that.

XL
08-04-2016, 04:15 PM
He should terrorise both brands as he wasn't drafted.

Anybody Thrilla
08-04-2016, 04:47 PM
He should terrorise both brands as he wasn't drafted.

It would be tight if Heath Slater enlisted his services. They can bond over the undrafted thing.

broverboard
08-04-2016, 07:50 PM
NXT. Have Joe drop the title to Nakamura and have Harper head to NXT to challenge in the main event to establish himself as a solo monster heel away from Bray Wyatt before eventually heading to Smackdown around the time of the Rumble to build a Wrestlemania feud with Bray. I really don't want to see Harper back tagging with Rowan.

Harper essentially takes the place of Samoa Joe who's headed to Smackdown.

Evil Vito
08-04-2016, 08:07 PM
I was initially hoping the draft would include even the injured wrestlers and that Harper would wind up isolated from the rest of the Family.

But now that Strowman's on Raw it wouldn't make sense to do that. If their goal is to get Strowman over as a solo act having a similar character in Harper on the same show wouldn't make a whole lot of sense, as he's a far better worker and the comparisons would only hinder Strowman.

So yeah, SmackDown with the original Wyatts it is.

drave
08-04-2016, 08:21 PM
SD.

He would be great inserted into the IC picture right now. Hell, he can even be a VIABLE contender in the main event. Not necessarily the "star" but definitely a credible threat. He needs to come back, independent of Bray, but still "having his back" when it is needed or whatever.

BIG fan of Harper's work, gimmick, YEAH YEAH YEAHHH!!! and his solo music

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/yuykOWLNI4E" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Mr. USA #1
08-04-2016, 10:09 PM
Wanna see he go to Smackdown but give him a bandanna with stars and stripes. Woooooooo

slik
08-04-2016, 10:10 PM
Biker Harper ONLY

Ruien
08-04-2016, 11:02 PM
Smackdown Live. Keep the original Wyatts together plus they need better tag teams and he could be useful in the mid card that is weak as well.

This.

Mr. Nerfect
08-04-2016, 11:07 PM
There are a few options with Harper, the worst of which makes no sense, but I could see the WWE doing it -- putting over the cruiserweights on RAW since he works well with smaller guys. I could see him also being cast in a bodyguard role for Seth Rollins if they want to keep him heel.

More likely is that he returns to SmackDown where he rejoins The Wyatt Family. Removing Strowman from The Family was a good move, long overdue, and his inclusion never really helped them -- only hindered the original chemistry. Rowan was always meant to be the clunky shit one that Harper made better. When you have someone below Rowan, it spreads the "charisma" of the group too far.

Harper working with John Cena is always a plus, and I could see him doing some good work with Randy Orton and earning some upper mid-card stripes over that way. Plus he could be instrumental in getting the new tag team scene over.

That being said, broverboard's idea is fantastic. Nakamura is likely winning the NXT Title in Brooklyn, and that should mark the end of Samoa Joe in NXT. SmackDown needs Joe more than RAW and he can work with Cena and Styles on the blue brand. The Wyatt Family will always be there for Harper, but if he has a chance to make money on his own, then refocusing him as a worldbeater in NXT before he makes his move back up would be tremendous. You could probably run Nakamura vs. Harper before bringing Harper back to the Family anyway.

Mr. Nerfect
08-04-2016, 11:08 PM
Babyface Harper vs. Heel Wyatt is something I can see them running with too, although I don't really want to see it.