PDA

View Full Version : What makes it on to the SummerSlam card?

XL
08-04-2016, 05:39 PM
Confirmed matches...

Singles Match
Brock Lesnar vs. Randy Orton

WWE World Championship
Dean Ambrose (c) vs. Dolph Ziggler

WWE Universal Championship
Seth Rollins vs. Finn Balor

WWE Women's Championship
Sasha Banks (c) vs. Charlotte

Intercontinental Championship
The Miz (c) vs. Apollo Crews

Singles Match
AJ Styles vs. John Cena

Meanwhile there's a number of stories/feuds/rivalries brewing on both shows.

United States Championship
RUSEV (c) vs. Roman Reigns

WWE Tag Team Championship
The New Day vs. Luke Gallows & Karl Anderson

Tag Team Match
Enzo Amore & Big Cass vs. Chris Jericho & Kevin Owens

Singles Match
Cesaro vs. Sheamus

Singles Match
Darren Young vs. Titus O'Neill

Singles Match
Becky Lynch vs. Natalya

What would you add to the main show? What gets the Kick Off treatment?

Anybody Thrilla
08-04-2016, 05:41 PM
For sure put Titus v. Darren on the Kick Off.

Question, though...isn't Summerslam 4 hours? It starts at 7, for some reason.

Simple Fan
08-04-2016, 05:46 PM
Can see SD creating women's and tag titles for Summerslam matches. Women's match could be Becky vs Natalya again or throw in Bliss or Naomi for a triple threat or even four way. Can see them pushing American Alpha so I imagine they'll be the first champions but Ihave no clue who they would face maybe Breezeango.

Fignuts
08-04-2016, 06:14 PM
For sure put Titus v. Darren on the Kick Off.

Question, though...isn't Summerslam 4 hours? It starts at 7, for some reason.

Yeah, they made it a "wrestlemania caliber" show starting last year.

Anybody Thrilla
08-04-2016, 06:16 PM
Works for me.

Anybody Thrilla
08-04-2016, 06:40 PM
The card looks pretty decent as it stands. I'm lightweight excited.

I hope Bray Wyatt is healed up and ready to rock in some capacity here, though.

Sixx
08-04-2016, 06:57 PM
ziggler back in the world title scene? when did that happen?

Anybody Thrilla
08-04-2016, 06:59 PM
About 2 weeks ago.

Emperor Smeat
08-04-2016, 08:21 PM
US and Tag Team should be a lock for the main card.

Pre-show is probably going to be Becky vs Natalya and Young vs O'Neil since that gives each brand one pre-show match.

Out of that list, I'd drop Sheamus vs Cesaro in favor of American Alphas getting a match to rep Smackdown's tag scene.

RP
08-04-2016, 09:59 PM
Confirmed matches...

Singles Match
Brock Lesnar vs. Randy Orton

WWE World Championship
Dean Ambrose (c) vs. Dolph Ziggler

WWE Universal Championship
Seth Rollins vs. Finn Balor

WWE Women's Championship
Sasha Banks (c) vs. Charlotte

Intercontinental Championship
The Miz (c) vs. Apollo Crews

Singles Match
AJ Styles vs. John Cena

Meanwhile there's a number of stories/feuds/rivalries brewing on both shows.

United States Championship
RUSEV (c) vs. Roman Reigns

WWE Tag Team Championship
The New Day vs. Luke Gallows & Karl Anderson

Tag Team Match
Enzo Amore & Big Cass vs. Chris Jericho & Kevin Owens

Singles Match
Cesaro vs. Sheamus

Singles Match
Darren Young vs. Titus O'Neill

Singles Match
Becky Lynch vs. Natalya
.....................................................................................

Well the last 3 i would obviously drop off the main card, but if i had to pick another, it would be Miz vs Apollo Cruz.

But for the love of God, how is Bray Wyatt not working a fued/match at Summerslam. Just get the fuck out Smackdown writers. You fucking suck!

Mr. USA #1
08-04-2016, 10:06 PM
I hope all the Americans win.

Mr. Nerfect
08-04-2016, 11:13 PM
The bottom three in that list seem primed for pre-show, with Sheamus vs. Cesaro being the "main event" of the Kickoff and treated like it matters. I actually don't think Becky vs. Nattie happens. I think they do some sort of tag or don't do anything with the SmackDown girls since there is a far less established direction. The Miz vs. Apollo Crews will make it to SummerSlam as they continue to try and get Crews over.

XL
08-05-2016, 06:41 AM
Can see SD creating women's and tag titles for Summerslam matches. Women's match could be Becky vs Natalya again or throw in Bliss or Naomi for a triple threat or even four way. Can see them pushing American Alpha so I imagine they'll be the first champions but Ihave no clue who they would face maybe Breezeango.

I think they'll save new title matches as a selling point for Backlash.

Rammsteinmad
08-05-2016, 06:57 AM
The three main events all look pretty awesome, and no doubt Cena and Styles will deliver. This has the potential to be a fucking amazing PPV.

RP
08-05-2016, 06:06 PM
Again. Where in the fuck is Bray Wyatt. I dont want to hear about his possible injury on Smackdown. You do a fucking brand split, you better be damned sure you include your top fucking heel in a storyline leading to Summerslam, or GET THE FUCK OUT!

Anybody Thrilla
08-05-2016, 06:25 PM
AJ Styles is already involved in a storyline.

Mr. Nerfect
08-05-2016, 08:10 PM
This seems like a...weird PPV. A lot of the matches are just happening. I'm not complaining about it, but it feels less...organic than most WWE PPVs.

Mr. Nerfect
08-05-2016, 08:12 PM
Oh, and I had already forgotten what happened on SmackDown: I imagine that The Miz will defend his IC Title in a four-way against Crews, Corbin and Kalisto. Corbin probably wins, unless they want to put him through the engine a bit more. He's dead as shit as a heel, so maybe a babyface turn and a chase of The Miz will do him some good?

XL
08-06-2016, 11:25 AM
Didn't Crews/Creed beat Kalisto and Corbin to become #1 Contender?

Anybody Thrilla
08-06-2016, 12:49 PM
Yup

Mr. Nerfect
08-07-2016, 01:25 AM
He did, but Corbin then laid out Miz. I imagine there's some sort of clusterfuck situation established in the future. Maybe a tag match next week that results in Miz getting laid out again after Kalisto sneaks a pinfall on Miz or something.

Anybody Thrilla
08-07-2016, 12:45 PM
Stop imagining shit all the time and just let them tell you a story. Corbin laid out Miz because he was frustrated at losing and they want him to keep looking strong.

I think SummerSlam is going to be awesome.

Anybody Thrilla
08-07-2016, 12:46 PM
Ugh, could you imagine reading a book, and after every chapter you start thinking "well this next chapter is going to be fucking stupid", but you keep reading anyway? That would be ridiculous.

SlickyTrickyDamon
08-07-2016, 12:47 PM
Ugh, could you imagine reading a book, and after every chapter you start thinking "well this next chapter is going to be fucking stupid", but you keep reading anyway? That would be ridiculous.

Complaining about it is the fun for them. Why do you think Mystery Science Theater was so popular?

Anybody Thrilla
08-07-2016, 01:04 PM
They weren't complaining in MST3K as much as they were kinda making fun of it. I think "fun" is the operative term in any event.