PDA

View Full Version : Stranger Things

Fignuts
08-14-2016, 05:43 AM
This show is tight. Anyone else watch it.

Netflix hasn't officially confirmed a second season, but it's definitely happening. Creators are saying it's going to take place a year later, and most of ghe cast is returning.

Lock Jaw
08-14-2016, 08:28 AM
It was great.

drave
08-14-2016, 09:35 AM
LOVED this show. Stoked there is a sequel. This is one of the most memorable shows for me in recent history.

It recaptured a lot of feelings I had as a kid. Riding bikes with a group of friends, playing games, etc. Just very nostalgic and those kid actors are really damn good at their jobs.

I LOVE how Netflix has been launching their own shows and them NOT being garbage. Daredevil is a perfect example for me. Their Daredevil is the best on-screen Daredevil of all time (for me anyway).

This show also introduced me into a genre of music I didn't know existed and am now obsessed with.

Love everything about it.

Blue Demon
08-14-2016, 10:09 AM
I loved this show. It was a perfect blend and homage of so many '80s things (Goonies, E.T, and some Stephen King)

drave
08-14-2016, 11:51 AM
Spot on with the Stephen King vibe.

Lock Jaw
08-14-2016, 07:35 PM
This whole thing really felt like it could have been made in the 80s (and not a modern made thing set in the 80s)

Locke
08-14-2016, 11:52 PM
It's good. Mad there is a sequel. Was forced to binge watch it due to fear of it being spoiled via so many people talking about it after they had binge watched it.

Locke
08-14-2016, 11:53 PM
This show also introduced me into a genre of music I didn't know existed and am now obsessed with.
The Clash?

slik
08-15-2016, 12:01 AM
I loved it.

Heisenberg
08-15-2016, 11:12 AM
The love triangle was played out good, haven't saw a good one since the HHH/Stephanie/Angle bit

Lock Jaw
08-15-2016, 10:42 PM
Was rooting for Jonathan, though..... when the camera revealed her with Steve a few months later I was like "Aw sunnuvab****!"

Makes sense though, I guess.....

Locke
08-16-2016, 12:24 AM
Was rooting for her to end up with nobody due to girls should not have to be validated by men, I feel

slik
08-16-2016, 09:26 AM
I wanted Nancy to end up with Barb tbh

slik
02-05-2017, 09:25 PM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="und" dir="ltr"><a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/WorldUpsideDown?src=hash">#WorldUpsideDown</a> <a href="https://t.co/znwe9YAezp">pic.twitter.com/znwe9YAezp</a></p>&mdash; Stranger Things (@Stranger_Things) <a href="https://twitter.com/Stranger_Things/status/828426312251428864">February 6, 2017</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Frank Drebin
02-05-2017, 09:59 PM
That was a pretty sweet looking trailer. Big mon mon!

Dodger881
02-11-2017, 05:36 PM
Great show, can't wait for season 2

Bobholly138
02-17-2017, 01:33 AM
Still need to see the final episode of season 1,but loved what I have seen so far.

Kalyx triaD
08-30-2017, 08:21 AM
Was rooting for her to end up with nobody due to girls should not have to be validated by men, I feel

They don't but Nancy does.

Kalyx triaD
08-30-2017, 08:21 AM
Great show, btw.

slik
10-13-2017, 01:08 PM
Looks so good

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/R1ZXOOLMJ8s" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Kalyx triaD
10-13-2017, 07:04 PM
That Ripley haircut.

slik
10-27-2017, 06:52 AM
Season 2 is out today...can't wait to get home from work and watch it later tonight (or as many eps as I can before falling asleep)

Kalyx triaD
10-27-2017, 07:35 AM
Good so far. Five eps in, maybe finish it tonight. Much more 'itself' than the 80's movie slashfic of the first season. Mulder would have loved to investigate this town. It is screwed up.

Sixx
10-27-2017, 12:10 PM
LOVED this show. Stoked there is a sequel. This is one of the most memorable shows for me in recent history.

It recaptured a lot of feelings I had as a kid. Riding bikes with a group of friends, playing games, etc. Just very nostalgic and those kid actors are really damn good at their jobs.

I LOVE how Netflix has been launching their own shows and them NOT being garbage. Daredevil is a perfect example for me. Their Daredevil is the best on-screen Daredevil of all time (for me anyway).

Love everything about it.

Yah, perfect example, because it's hard to beat the Ben Affleck masterpiece.

RP
10-28-2017, 07:23 PM
on the first episode. Had to make sure Paul Reiser was the doctor. Fuck he's gotten old. Also cant get past that curly haired kids lisp.

slik
10-28-2017, 08:38 PM
I fell asleep last night with 35 minutes left in the last episode of season 2. It starts slower than last year and takes a few eps to get going - but once it does it is really good (again). I like the new characters Bob and Max.

Will watch all of the last episode later tonight.

slik
10-28-2017, 08:40 PM
A lot more Dustin, Lucas and Steve this season (and Will, obviously). This is a good thing, Dustin/Steve in particular.

Swiss Ultimate
10-28-2017, 08:40 PM
Rewatching season 1 w/ wifey. She never saw it. So yay.

slik
10-29-2017, 12:38 AM
The last two episodes are almost like a big budget film, things get crazy in Hawkins!

The last 15 minutes of season 2 are perfect.

Kalyx triaD
10-29-2017, 02:50 AM
Eleven's solo episode was a great episode of X-Men.

Full thoughts later but there's several ways season 3 can go and they're all good bets.

slik
10-29-2017, 03:19 PM
re: Kalyx

I want to meet more of the test subjects...what if the Mind Flayer infects any of them....hmmm...+ Hopper's daughter Sarah, what happened to her...we never saw Paul Reiser get 'attacked'...is "Papa" alive....some good possibilities moving forward

Kalyx triaD
10-29-2017, 03:39 PM
re: Kalyx

I want to meet more of the test subjects...what if the Mind Flayer infects any of them....hmmm...+ Hopper's daughter Sarah, what happened to her...we never saw Paul Reiser get 'attacked'...is "Papa" alive....some good possibilities moving forward

- Hopper's daughter is dead. Cancer. It's why he has such a protective streak for 11/Jane.

- I'm also interested in the rest of the test kids. And for that matter, who's to say they stopped at 11, or if the Hawkings facility was the only one.

- A piece of the Mind Flayer went up into the sky; that's not good enough for me. I'm thinking it went to possess somebody else. If I had to guess,
the next step especially after seeing somebody like 11 is to find a powered child. Perhaps 8/Kali. Season 3 will almost certainly push a gifted vs gifted arc.

- If Papa's alive I'd have no choice but to assume he's test Subject 1.

- Reiser's character, so far, seems like a standup guy. I'm sure casting a guy known for being one of the most well known scumbags in scifi was a red herring so we can keep guessing, but he is on the up and up so far. He honored the heroes and did nothing to hurt to them. Even prevented a decision that would have killed Will.

That's still not my write up, I'm still mulling over things. Loved the series and the world building is getting big.

Lock Jaw
10-29-2017, 11:51 PM
Just finished it up.

Not as good as season 1, but still good.

Felt less "self-contained" than season 1, more world-building.... the whole Eleven solo episode with Eight and the Punks.....

I liked the different combos of characters we got this go around, especially Steve and the kids.

Enjoyed Max as a new party member.

At first I did not like Bob, but started to like him when he started to get really into the tunnel map. Speaking of which, I am glad this season kept with the tradition of Joyce manically plastering things all over her house/wall.

Max's brother seems like he really has some homoerotic subtext to him, and I think he will probably end up with Steve in a later season.

Paul Reiser's character did seem like a jam-up guy, but he was caught on tape admitting to being part of a murder cover-up. Seems like it would have caused some more problems for him where he would not be just eating in a restaurant seeming happy.

Tom Guycott
10-30-2017, 01:02 AM
I just (finally) got on this train. Ran through season one and the first ep of season 2.

I'm not super gung-ho about it like most, but I dig it. It would have ticked almost all my boxes if I were still like 7 though. Solid "mid-tier childhood feeling" for me. Like Flight of the Navigator type of thing. Have to finish up sometime this week when I got time.

Swiss Ultimate
10-30-2017, 10:34 AM
So happy.

El Fangel
04-30-2018, 03:27 AM
Love this show

Seanny One Ball
02-13-2019, 04:29 PM
Eight hours of my life down the shitter. Too camp, too forced, too clunky. The wildly fluctuating tone is angering, the show has no idea what it wants to be and no consistency at all.

Get the performances down and I could forge through the cheese but there was no roughage in it. Very hard viewing.

Seanny One Ball
02-13-2019, 04:43 PM
"Fucking Stupid Things" is a more appropriate title. Just a bunch of wankers doing stupid things.

Some of the dialogue is borderline sociopathic and the rest is just embarrassing.

Seanny One Ball
02-13-2019, 04:53 PM
This show was as big a let down as Kobra Kai was an unparalleled success. Kobra Kai is a seamless example of writers writing for the joy of fitting into the tone, this is actually quite a depressing show comparatively. It missed or outright upset most of my sensibilities, I am very disappointed with the line delivery, scripts and overall performance of the cast.

I mostly hated this show but David Harbour was pretty decent.

Seanny One Ball
02-18-2019, 11:10 AM
11 looks exactly like the kid from Jungle 2 Jungle.

Like... Exactly