PDA

View Full Version : DISCUSSION - What do people want to see in the Benoit/Kane match at Bad Blood?

Heyman
05-25-2004, 12:20 AM
DISCUSSION - What do people want to see in the Benoit/Kane match at Bad Blood?

Ok - here is what *I* want to see.

Chris Benoit and Kane have one helluva match, with both men getting in TONS of offense. Chris Benoit gets up from two consecutive chokeslams during the match (which shows how tough he is). Finally - Chris Benoit renders enough damage to Kane, and wins with the Flying headbutt.

After the match...............Kane grabs Benoit. In a move that surprises EVERYONE, Kane shakes Benoit's hand (I know this won't actually happen, but this is what *I* wouldn't mind seeing).

Here is what's achieved after all of this:

1) Benoit defeating Kane cleanly, adds to Benoit's credibility as World Champion (up until now, he hasn't defeated anyone 'marquee' unless it was a triple threat match).

2) New direction for Kane. I'd love to see Kane play the 'ultra aggressive bad ass' face. Basically - he acts like he is doing now, except he attacks heels. Kane can then get into programs with guys like Batista, Christian, etc. Perhaps a face turn for Kane can give him a new direction of sorts.

<font color=white>Other possible scenerio's?</font>

1) Kane defeats Benoit?: I DOUBT that the WWE would do this....and I hope they don't! This will make Benoit's title reign look like a complete joke. I realize that Benoit hasn't exactly been drawing in the numbers as far as ratings go, but give the guy a chance! All we have seen thus far, are triple threat matches. Let the man go up against guys like Jericho, HBK (one on one), and Triple H (one on one). Key word is "one on one". THEN - we can make a judgment. It's still WAY too early to make a judgment on Benoit's current title reign.

2) Kane defeats Benoit............with Kurt Angle's help?!?!?!: Here is a clever way to get Benoit to Smackdown (without making him look 'weak' for losing the title). The stipulation for Benoit in January, was that he could challenge any World title holder due to him winning the RR. He chose Triple H. This is why he was allowed on Raw. Benoit then became champ. This is why he was still allowed to be on Raw. HOWEVER - Benoit is still CONTRACTED to Smackdown. This is why Angle (or since Angle is "injured", he can send someone) attacks Benoit.......and costs him the title against Kane.

The next night on Raw, Angle comes out and explains everything. He explains that Benoit has no choice, but to come back to Smackdown.

I personally DON"T want to see that happen (I like the idea of Benoit potentially feuding with Jericho, Benjamin, etc.), but something like that would definitely help Smackdown. Since Benoit is now a legitimate main-eventer, he would make a good fit on SD right now.

3) A HUGE way to get MORDECAI over:
-Ok. Let's say Benoit defeats Kane cleanly. After the match, Mordecai comes down to the ring, beats down Kane, and somehow "initiates" Kane into his stable (so Kane comes to SD I guess). Although this makes Kane look weak (but does it really matter?....if he JOBS cleanly to Benoit?), it REALLY 'puts over' Mordecai.

With Kane in Mordecai's stable, the fans could really anticipate a future collision course between Mordecai's stable and Undertaker.

Innovator
05-25-2004, 12:28 AM
I can see Benoit winning the match at King of the......Bad Blood. Kane can chokeslam Benoit but can't put him away, then V-ONEUUUHHHH! interrupts, but doesn't interfere. Benoit with a headbutt and a pin.

This can happen and probably will because:

A: I don't see them ending the Hardy/Lita/Kane saga anytime soon.

B: This certainly won't be the main event of Bad Blood, not with the Hell in a Cell between The Kliq

C: It can give Hardy a solid rub, being involved that high in the card.

Heyman
05-25-2004, 12:36 AM
I can see Benoit winning the match at King of the......Bad Blood. Kane can chokeslam Benoit but can't put him away, then V-ONEUUUHHHH! interrupts, but doesn't interfere. Benoit with a headbutt and a pin.

This can happen and probably will because:

A: I don't see them ending the Hardy/Lita/Kane saga anytime soon.

B: This certainly won't be the main event of Bad Blood, not with the Hell in a Cell between The Kliq

C: It can give Hardy a solid rub, being involved that high in the card.

Oh - I forgot. Matt Hardy.

If Matt Hardy interferes in this match, I will be pissed off (whether he helps Kane or Benoit).

If he helps Benoit by attacking Kane, then it doesn't solidify Benoit as a CREDIBLE world champion. If Hardy attacks Benoit (proving that he was in 'cahoots' with Kane all this time), then it makes Benoit's title reign look like a joke.

This applies to Lita as well. Hopefully - NO ONE interferes in this match.

But the WWE have Down Syndrome. I can easily see Lita helping Kane defeat Benoit (as part of 'what she agreed to' for Kane).

p.s. I haven't watched Raw yet so I don't know if the ^^^^ above has already happened yet or not.

The CyNick
05-25-2004, 12:42 AM
Benoit will win with the Crossface, in the WWE's mind it makes him look strong to make Kane tap. Maybe it does, but I dont think beating Kane means anything at this point. Taker beat him in 5 minutes at Mania, and Edge beat him in April, so I dont see how Benoit winning is a big deal.

As for the match, it'll probably be alright, most of the house reports say its good, so I'm sure they'll deliver on PPV. But it doesn't really matter because as was shown on RAW, it all about HHH and HBK, Benoit is an after thought.

Anyway, this is all being done, so Benoit looks strong, and then HHH will come in and take the title back from Benoit.

I doubt they'll bring Benoit back to SD after he drops the title (although that would probably be a good idea), more likely is that he'll stick around and be Orton's whipping boy before he feuds with HHH.

Heyman
05-25-2004, 12:50 AM
Benoit will win with the Crossface, in the WWE's mind it makes him look strong to make Kane tap. Maybe it does, but I dont think beating Kane means anything at this point. Taker beat him in 5 minutes at Mania, and Edge beat him in April, so I dont see how Benoit winning is a big deal.

As for the match, it'll probably be alright, most of the house reports say its good, so I'm sure they'll deliver on PPV. But it doesn't really matter because as was shown on RAW, it all about HHH and HBK, Benoit is an after thought.

Anyway, this is all being done, so Benoit looks strong, and then HHH will come in and take the title back from Benoit.

I doubt they'll bring Benoit back to SD after he drops the title (although that would probably be a good idea), more likely is that he'll stick around and be Orton's whipping boy before he feuds with HHH.

The CyNick,

In another thread, you mentioned that Benoit would 'most likely' be in Jericho's current position next year (i.e. a 'well known' face putting over up-and-coming heels).

One thing that concerns me (if the WWE choose this route), is that Benoit simply doesn't have enough charisma to be in that role. In other words, if Benoit is NOT a main-eventer (or has no direction), then I can see the fans not really caring about him.....and this ofcourse, would be a shame.

Jericho can stay 'over' even in meaningless angles, because of his mic skills/charisma. If Benoit becomes a mid-carder on Raw, he could become another TEST (If Benoit becomes a mid-carder, he may not get enough TV/PPV time in order to allow his WRESTLING ability to 'keep him over').

p.s. Why can't Triple H and Shawn Michaels head to Smackdown? :nono:

That way - Benoit can have a credible title reign and face DIFFERENT opponents!

Ferocious
05-25-2004, 01:10 AM
I don'y care what happens in this match as long as Benoit gets through it with title safely in tact

Shaggy
05-25-2004, 01:45 AM
I would like to see a good match between the guys and just like you said Heyman I would also like to see Kane as a Bad Ass Face person that just attacks the heels. That would be great. But I would love to see him win the match also. I think they should have Beniot kick out of a few chokeslams and almost win but then Kane to another chokeslam or even the tombstone and get the pin.

big_bluto
05-25-2004, 07:49 AM
But the WWE have Down Syndrome.

Dude. Uncool! :nono:
It's not often I agree with your opinions, but you're entitled to say whatever you want about whatever wrestling topics are discussed at the time. You start a lot of good discussions, and do a lot to stimulate interest on this site.
Unintentionally, you're probably one of the main reasons that this site is as fun as it is.
However.....
Down Syndrome references are not cool, and using them in this way is quite offensive. :(
Please bear that in mind for the future.
Stick to calling the WWE a bunch of unorganised and erratic talent-wasting fu</>ckwits, or something!

The CyNick
05-25-2004, 07:49 PM
The CyNick,

In another thread, you mentioned that Benoit would 'most likely' be in Jericho's current position next year (i.e. a 'well known' face putting over up-and-coming heels).

One thing that concerns me (if the WWE choose this route), is that Benoit simply doesn't have enough charisma to be in that role. In other words, if Benoit is NOT a main-eventer (or has no direction), then I can see the fans not really caring about him.....and this ofcourse, would be a shame.

Jericho can stay 'over' even in meaningless angles, because of his mic skills/charisma. If Benoit becomes a mid-carder on Raw, he could become another TEST (If Benoit becomes a mid-carder, he may not get enough TV/PPV time in order to allow his WRESTLING ability to 'keep him over').

p.s. Why can't Triple H and Shawn Michaels head to Smackdown? :nono:

That way - Benoit can have a credible title reign and face DIFFERENT opponents!

HHH will never go to SD because the company sees it as the B team. I could see HBK going over there once HHH has squeezed every 4 star match out of him that he can.

Benoit will be fine. Even when he was on SD he still managed to stay over doing tags, going for the US title, etc. I think the same will happen on RAW. His work is so good that no matter what spot they put him in his matches will always get over. Unfortunately he wont be in very many main events.

SirLoinSteak
05-25-2004, 07:53 PM
I have to agree with what Ferocious said with regards to this, It's not a match I'm looking forwards to, But priority must be keeping the title on Benoit, otherwise his well deserved push will be wasted. Everybody wants to see Benoit vs Jericho for the title, I'm confident it will happen before the year is out. I'm also looking forward to an Edge heel turn and the ensuing Benoit vs Edge feud.

Savio
05-25-2004, 08:22 PM
I want kane to win he deserves it.

Xero
05-25-2004, 09:21 PM
(This senerio actually goes through an entire storyline...)

I would love to see Benoit being dominated near the end... Kane hits a few chokeslams which Benoit kicks out of... When Kane is going for the Tombstone, theres an explosion at the top of the ramp and the lights go out... When they come back on, Benoit has the crossface locked in... However, Kane is bleeding and is knocked out, and there is a sledgehammer in the ring (Roll with me here)... Benoit wins the match via knock out...

The next night on Raw, Kane comes out and talks about how he was screwed out of the title, and that it was Triple H who screwed him... He tells him to come out, but instead, Jericho comes out and confesses that he did it... He says he was screwed out of his title shot from a few weeks ago, and demands to Bischoff that he gets the next shot... Bischoff comes out and makes a number one contender's match for next week... The next week, Benoit, without warning and for no apparent reason, comes in and attacks BOTH men... Benoit heel turn...

Bischoff eventually makes a Triple Threat match for the title at the next PPV... Kane/Jericho/Benoit... The match happens, and near the end of THAT match, Kane is knocked out by Hardy, who still wants revenge... Benoit beats Jericho, and Jericho and Benoit feud...

Some may or may not make sence, but Id love to see that...

Savio
05-25-2004, 10:03 PM
No! Kane wins!

Joe Kerr
05-25-2004, 10:08 PM
IM pretty sure it will come down to Matt Hardy interfering maybe causing Benoit to lose by disquallification.

MVP
05-25-2004, 10:33 PM
The scenario in which Lita interferes on Kane's behalf makes the most sense logically since everyone is kind of left in the blue about what the hell Lita agreed to on RAW last week.

And since the writers ignored the rational decision to have Kane face Matt Hardy at Bad Blood, and put him against Benoit for the title instead of Jericho, who would have put on a much better match because him and Benoit have excellent ring chemistry due to their similar styles. Plus a face vs. face title match would put both superstars over even though Jericho's recent in-ring victories aren't worth all that much.