PDA

View Full Version : DISCUSSION - The WWE shelling out more money for Brock Lesnar to work more dates is their best play to make

Heyman
08-28-2016, 10:31 AM
DISCUSSION - The WWE shelling out more money for Brock Lesnar to work more dates is their best play to make:

The WWE should do whatever they can to entice Brock Lesnar to work more dates over these next 2 years. With Cena winding down, Lesnar is the only guy that is capable of filling Cena's large shoes, in terms of star power. I think it's possible to entice Lesnar to work at least twice a month. 1 PPV appearance + 1 Televised appearance to promote the PPV.

If we're being honest, guys like Reigns, Ambrose, Balor, Kevin Owens, aren't going to come anywhere near close to what Cena was post Wrestlemania 2005.

Heyman's opinion: The WWE should do whatever they can do 'milk' Lesnar over these next two years, while they try and build up other stars. I think the WWE and Lesnar will see a mutual financial benefit in having Lesnar work atleast twice a month.

Blonde Moment
08-28-2016, 10:47 AM
I agree somewhat.
Brock Lesnar is someone that can make the face of the company provided they haven't pissed all over the said face too much. I still think they should build up the title by letting him have it for a while and when he does give it up make whomever is holding look strong rather than piss the rub away.

Give Lesnar the 80's Hogan reign... have him film some backstage shit, let Heyman do the talking for him or even have Heyman come out once in awhile and have him scout a potential Brock opponent. The title does not need to be defended every week on Tv or even every ppv, that is what the lower tier belts should be for.

Heyman
08-28-2016, 11:01 AM
Give Lesnar the 80's Hogan reign... have him film some backstage shit, let Heyman do the talking for him or even have Heyman come out once in awhile and have him scout a potential Brock opponent. The title does not need to be defended every week on Tv or even every ppv, that is what the lower tier belts should be for.

I agree with this for the most part.

Have Lesnar be the main 'alpha' at all/most PPV's for the next two years as the WWE transitions.

Lesnar working twice a month benefits the WWE in 3 ways:

1) Keeps Lesnar consistently relevant to the storylines and title picture.

2) By only making two appearances per month, Lesnar will likely not be
susceptible to serious injuries like Rollins, Orton, Cena, etc. were.

3) Prevents "unworthy" wrestlers being pushed into the main-event scene. That's one of my biggest pet peeves in the WWE. The WWE has a horrible habbit of pushing unworthy guys into the main-event scene (and even giving them the title), rather than building said wrestler organically and letting said wrestler spend more time in the mid-card (and in effect, making the mid-card titles worth more).

Since only a few guys are really capable of working with Lesnar, Lesnar's consistent presence in the main-event should force the WWE to be more selective as to who they elevate.

Destor
08-28-2016, 11:06 AM
Lesnar is a special attraction, if you used him full time you'd kill what makes him work. With that said they have serious star power issues. There is no one on the roster that can be a top guy and there really isnt anyone out there who could step into that role. They're about to enter tough times.

Heyman
08-28-2016, 11:15 AM
Lesnar is a special attraction, if you used him full time you'd kill what makes him work. .

That's why I'd keep him at just two dates per month.

That way - an equilibrium is achieved in terms of keeping him as a "special attraction," but making him more consistently relevant to storylines to help with television ratings, credibility, etc.

Lesnar doesn't want to work a full-time schedule anyways, but I think he'd be open to 2 dates per month for the correct amount of money. The WWE would have to reach into their pockets obviously, but it's a good investment in my opinion.

Blonde Moment
08-28-2016, 11:18 AM
I like the idea of using Shinsuke Nakamura in a similar role but there needs a way for his presence to be felt when he is not there week in and week out and smooth out the language issue somewhat.

I think the use of enhancement talent again might be a good way to keep the talent somewhat credible and keep them from meaningless feuds with each other. Worked in the old days so why can't it be rfetooled for the modern era?

Theo Dious
08-28-2016, 11:22 AM
https://cdn.meme.am/instances/500x/71371670.jpg

Ruien
08-28-2016, 11:43 AM
Lesnar is already becoming dry. His character never evolves and the only reason he lasted this long is because he is around so rarely. He is best utilized the way he is right now. When he is main eventing a ppv you can use people like Ziggler in the main belt scene because Brock is the main draw.

Plus, his suspension for using drugs in his UFC fight has to hurt his marketability to the UFC fans he is supposed to bring with him.

Ruien
08-28-2016, 11:55 AM
The best way to gains more viewers is to constantly pull Rollins on ESPN and those other shows and book him as the superface. You don't need Brock anymore. ESPN and Foxsports both have wrestling stuff on their websites. Rollins was just on ESPN.

Destor
08-28-2016, 01:09 PM
That's why I'd keep him at just two dates per month.

That way - an equilibrium is achieved in terms of keeping him as a "special attraction," but making him more consistently relevant to storylines to help with television ratings, credibility, etc.

Lesnar doesn't want to work a full-time schedule anyways, but I think he'd be open to 2 dates per month for the correct amount of money. The WWE would have to reach into their pockets obviously, but it's a good investment in my opinion.

I feel that is far too frequent to keep his mystique. Hell 4 matches a year is a bit too much honestly.

Mr. USA #1
08-28-2016, 01:18 PM
Brock lesnar should start rasslin bears, alligators and angry black men from the ghetto.

Blonde Moment
08-28-2016, 08:10 PM
I feel that is far too frequent to keep his mystique. Hell 4 matches a year is a bit too much honestly.

Less is more with him. 6 times a year with some TV appearances to keep his presence is fine by me. I would guess the real issue would be to get him to do much out of ring off camera stuff.

Maluco
08-28-2016, 10:31 PM
I think people would tire of Lesnar matches if they happened too often. He is VIP, he draws based on his rarity and the curiosity factor.

I think their best call at this stage is a big angle. If you don't have the big star, you need the big angle.

What I would go for is an indie invasion. The biggest "indie" stars and big TNA guys from NXT should come up together as a group. Arrogant, violent and pissed off that they are older than the likes of Balor, Rollins, Ambrose and they never got their chance. That they are still in NXT at their age, in their prime and they are sick of it. Their time, if it ia going to come, has to be now and they are there to make a statement.

Have Roode, Samoa Joe, Aries and Eric Young coming up together and wreaking havoc. Coming in from the crowd on either brand on any night. Being given matches eventually just to try and appease them.

The big reveal could be that it was Daniel/Foley who kept letting them in buildings and encouraging them to attack Raw and Smackdown. Both guys hurting, guys tgat are left with injuries from the times they threw themselves on floors in bingo halls. They empathise and they see it as their own way of getting back at WWE for looking over them for so long. They had to fight and fight to get to the top...and even then nobody wanted them there. These guys deserve to be here and they are making sure they don't have to fight any longer.

It could be an awesome angle and, if done right, take both brands right through survivor series, to the rumble, and then onto Mania.

If you wanted to take it even further, have a face HHH come back with his own NXT army by Mania to help fight these guys off and pull back control of WWE.

Post-mania, hopefully, you have a fresh card, with new stars and replaced heads of each brand.

So, in short, big angle provides the "star"...and in the process, hopefully creates its own stars for both brands by next year.

Fignuts
08-29-2016, 12:29 AM
Fuck that guy.

SlickyTrickyDamon
08-29-2016, 01:37 AM
His matches in this "UFC" style aren't even good. He just throws a guy around and then F5. He was once one of the greatest big men with technical skill but no longer.

Heyman
08-29-2016, 12:56 PM
The best way to gains more viewers is to constantly pull Rollins on ESPN and those other shows and book him as the superface. You don't need Brock anymore. ESPN and Foxsports both have wrestling stuff on their websites. Rollins was just on ESPN.

It's an interesting thought, but Rollins just doesn't have that 'it' factor in my opinion. He's a very good wrestler no doubt, but do you really see him as a superstar? I don't.

I get the argument of, "If you Lesnar more, then you risk ruining the "novelty" of Lesnar wrestling (and many argue that the 'novelty' has already worn off), but the WWE are in a tough spot right now.

For many reasons, there is no worthy heir apparent to Cena. Brock Lesnar is the only guy with real credibility in my opinion.......especially after his recent UFC win (despite the fact that it was tainted).

Heyman's plan of action:

1) Use Brock more frequently over these next two years (i.e. 2 times per month). Use Brock during this period as a 'transitional' guy (i.e. transitioning from the John Cena era to whoever the next guy will be).

2) Build up your Finn Balor's, etc., the PROPER way.

3) When the time comes, use one of these guys to go over Brock, and send Brock into retirement.

dingdongyo
08-29-2016, 03:14 PM
I disagree that WWE needs to choose/push the next Cena. That was the plan with Reigns (prob up until the wellness violation), and everyone barfed all over it.

I think they are going to let the locker room fly and sort itself out. Those who steal the most attention are going to keep it. And if the fans start creating another superface, so be it. But you don't necessarily need one for wrestling to survive. it depends entirely on the demand.

Ruien
08-29-2016, 03:35 PM
It's an interesting thought, but Rollins just doesn't have that 'it' factor in my opinion. He's a very good wrestler no doubt, but do you really see him as a superstar? I don't.

I get the argument of, "If you Lesnar more, then you risk ruining the "novelty" of Lesnar wrestling (and many argue that the 'novelty' has already worn off), but the WWE are in a tough spot right now.

For many reasons, there is no worthy heir apparent to Cena. Brock Lesnar is the only guy with real credibility in my opinion.......especially after his recent UFC win (despite the fact that it was tainted).

Heyman's plan of action:

1) Use Brock more frequently over these next two years (i.e. 2 times per month). Use Brock during this period as a 'transitional' guy (i.e. transitioning from the John Cena era to whoever the next guy will be).

2) Build up your Finn Balor's, etc., the PROPER way.

3) When the time comes, use one of these guys to go over Brock, and send Brock into retirement.

I 100% think Rollins has the ability to be the next megaface. He is just big enough to go against a monster like Strowman with a realistic shot at being able to do some damage. Finn Balor does not. Rollins has shown charisma in the WWE, talk shows, and ESPN. Plus, who does not want to watch him? He's wonderful at every heel character he played so far. This is why I think he can transition into a face with no issues.

Fin Balor, Kevin Owens, Sami Zayn, and others are missing aspects in certain areas to be the next megaface.

All you need to do at this point is have Lesnar kill Shane with Rollins coming to the rescue (or being recruited for the match after the beatdown) to have the perfect turn. Rollins goes over Brock clean and it's off to the races.

Hanso Amore
08-29-2016, 04:41 PM
Well building him as your biggest star and attraction and not having him sell tickets to as many events as possible is silly. So of course this is their best plan. Or make the call, pay him a few more dates to put someone else over and try to get them hot, and move on.

Emperor Smeat
08-29-2016, 05:04 PM
Rather they keep him as a special attraction but make him a bit less one dimensional. Ever since they went all out on the Suplex City stuff, his skills and moveset got watered down.

Even with some questionable booking decisions, he still has that "Final Boss" aura about him that can create a huge rub to whoever gets a star making win against him. Of course it assumes the WWE doesn't botch it like they did with Taker's streak rub going right back to Taker.

Mr. Nerfect
08-30-2016, 06:09 AM
I'm fine with Brock's schedule, but I feel that he gets cooled off by not being in important stuff. Killing Sheamus is good for a house show, but I don't think it really cuts it for a PPV. Why is Brock not in the title hunt? He's become passive.

Reigns should have turned heel at Survivor Series last year and Brock should won the Rumble. I'm not a big fan of repeating WrestleMania main events, but they didn't really get that finished. And with Reigns now supposed to be booed and Brock supposed to be cheered, it has a dynamic that could add to its drawing power. Brock obviously wins the match and the belt, because it's WrestleMania, and you look for someone who could believably be the guy to take him down.

Maybe Seth Rollins could have gotten it done as a face? Brock vs. Seth for the WWE World Heavyweight Title at SummerSlam would have been fine with me, and would have made Seth look like a ballsy motherfucker. Maybe Brock destroys him and Seth vows to get even better by the time WrestleMania rolls around?

Maybe the guy is AJ Styles? He goes over Chris Jericho, continues to build momentum, gets a mid-card title run, doesn't get fucking beaten and builds up momentum and personality in order to get a good run at Brock. Maybe it's just Cena, because he's still your biggest star? Or maybe it is Nakamura, Joe, Owens, Balor or Bobby Roode and his entrance theme. I'm not entirely sure, but under Brock you'd have it be a scramble to see who can get the most fan support and string the best matches together. Guys like Orton, Jericho, Sheamus, Kane, Del Rio and Triple H would be fed to The Altar of Brock in the meantime.