PDA

View Full Version : Roman Reigns should rewin the heavyweight title

Funky Fly is back
09-06-2016, 03:33 PM
And dedicate his title win to his uncle Umaga. What do you say, should Roman be added to the triple threat and win the title?

Ruien
09-06-2016, 04:03 PM
Not yet. He should destroy Y2J at CoC and then go against whoever is the champ st the next ppv.

Love the evolution of his character though. Not a fan of Rusev being made to look really weak but it helped Reigns a ton. Ssdly, the average fan won't give two shit no matter what Reigns is doing because that is the world we live in.

Mr. Nerfect
09-07-2016, 06:19 PM
Reigns should win and join the Triple Threat and give in to the dark side. Triple H returns and helps Reigns win. Reigns cuts a promo on RAW saying that seeing Triple H resort to helping fuckboys win the Universal Title made him realize he needs to be the biggest star in wrestling and stop being cool and start being a champion.

His cousins, The Usos, win the Tag Team Titles, but then throw them on the ground and shoot on Shane McMahon and Daniel Bryan saying SmackDown is dirt and they miss their cuz on RAW. They bring back the old tag belts and claim to be the best team in wrestling history and rejoin Reigns on RAW, with Triple H ending the brand split. AJ Styles is the good guy WWE Champion and shits himself heading into a Unification Match against AJ Styles, which Reigns wins because he's got The Power of H on his side.

Mr. Nerfect
09-07-2016, 06:23 PM
Wrestling needs real stars back. Not mid-carders that can technically talk and wrestle. Bring the ego back into wrestling. Make being a champion rarefied air. Reigns is not going to be the good guy hero to the people, but he could be the best heel champion in a long time. Who is worthy to take the belt off him? Dean Ambrose? AJ Styles? Brock Lesnar? That is for the rest of 2016 and early 2017 to decide.

* Reigns vs. Dean Ambrose for the WWE World Heavyweight Championship of the Universe
* Triple H vs. AJ Styles
* Brock Lesnar vs. Shane McMahon

There is your WrestleMania sold to the people. This draft is stupid because it is only being used to mask the fact that Reigns is your best heel champion moving forward.

Simple Fan
09-07-2016, 06:50 PM
He can't win the Heavyweight title because there isn't one on Raw.

DAMN iNATOR
09-07-2016, 11:54 PM
Sorry Noid, but I just have zero desire to see either Triple H or Shane in the ring again. WWE says this is the "New Era", let them prove it without using retired guys or part-timers to do so.

DAMN iNATOR
09-07-2016, 11:56 PM
He can't win the Heavyweight title because there isn't one on Raw.

I think he was suggesting unifying the belts at WM 33.

Ruien
09-08-2016, 08:36 AM
It's awesome how the IC, Womens, and Tag Belts never seem to really switch hands but the main titles switch every 3 months.

Rammsteinmad
09-08-2016, 09:52 AM
Sorry Noid, but I just have zero desire to see either Triple H or Shane in the ring again. WWE says this is the "New Era", let them prove it without using retired guys or part-timers to do so.

This.

Jordan
09-08-2016, 10:26 AM

If I'm not mistaken this is an arguement you've been making for a few years now and .... it's true, it's "right" but... you KNOW it's never going to happen. With the exception of very few Wrestlemania's WWE has always used someone who has drawing power that isn't full time to highlight Wrestlemania. It's just the way it is. Guys like Triple H, Shane, Brock, Rock, and Taker have something that nobody else does. One they are legends, and two they aren't on TV all the time, thus making it a bigger event when you do see them.

Anybody Thrilla
09-08-2016, 02:39 PM
Reigns should win and join the Triple Threat and give in to the dark side. Triple H returns and helps Reigns win. Reigns cuts a promo on RAW saying that seeing Triple H resort to helping fuckboys win the Universal Title made him realize he needs to be the biggest star in wrestling and stop being cool and start being a champion.

His cousins, The Usos, win the Tag Team Titles, but then throw them on the ground and shoot on Shane McMahon and Daniel Bryan saying SmackDown is dirt and they miss their cuz on RAW. They bring back the old tag belts and claim to be the best team in wrestling history and rejoin Reigns on RAW, with Triple H ending the brand split. AJ Styles is the good guy WWE Champion and shits himself heading into a Unification Match against AJ Styles, which Reigns wins because he's got The Power of H on his side.

I like most of this, but I wouldn't go throwing down the SmackTag Titles just yet.

slik
09-08-2016, 02:42 PM
I would like to see Slater win the tag belts with Rhyno, even if they end up losing them to the USOs the following week. Slater fits well on SDLive and he and Rhyno are entertaining together. If they lose and he goes back to trying to get on RAW I think he'll lose (possibly) some of his recent momentum.

DAMN iNATOR
09-08-2016, 07:35 PM
If I'm not mistaken this is an arguement you've been making for a few years now and .... it's true, it's "right" but... you KNOW it's never going to happen. With the exception of very few Wrestlemania's WWE has always used someone who has drawing power that isn't full time to highlight Wrestlemania. It's just the way it is. Guys like Triple H, Shane, Brock, Rock, and Taker have something that nobody else does. One they are legends, and two they aren't on TV all the time, thus making it a bigger event when you do see them.

I know. And I'll be laughing my ass off when suddenly they're in a huge mess because none of those guys are available, along with the shrinking list of living HoF'ers and they're scrambling to save the company because they failed to establish new stars during the Universe Era and New Era.

Mr. Nerfect
09-08-2016, 08:25 PM
I wasn't being completely serious, guys. But that card would draw money, and that's the ultimate purpose of wrestling.

I actually imagine Brock vs. Shane happening at the Royal Rumble and then Goldberg being brought in as Shane's personal weapon against Brock for Mania.

DAMN iNATOR
09-08-2016, 08:31 PM
No interest in Oldberg, either, TBH...

Mr. Nerfect
09-08-2016, 08:43 PM
It wouldn't really be aimed at us, to be honest.

DAMN iNATOR
09-08-2016, 08:52 PM
Maybe, but younger fans won't care about the vast majority of Ruthless Aggression Era guys/divas it would seem, except maybe Cena...

Mr. Nerfect
09-08-2016, 09:20 PM
They'll like what Vince tells them to like, dammit!