PDA

View Full Version : Total Nonstop Deletion

Pages : [1] 2

Evil Vito
10-11-2016, 01:05 PM
Fuck it...this eventual episode needs its own thread.

According to Pwinsider.com, here are more details on the planned “Total Nonstop Deletion” episode of Impact. The episode is scheduled to be filmed the first week of November at the Hardy compound in Cameron, North Carolina.

The episode will be set up by a Matt Hardy promo, where he announces that Impact will take place at his compound. He then invites tag teams from around “time and space” to compete in the main event of the episode, which will be called “Tag Team Apocalypto.” This will be a falls count anywhere on the compound match.

During the promo, Matt invited “The Bucks of Youth”, “The Express who Rocks and Rolls”, “The Bulldogs who are British” and “The Days of The New” to compete. TNA will be bringing outside teams in for the match, with Matt Hardy and Jeremy Borash already trying to book outside teams.

Also scheduled for the show is the “in ring debut” of Matt’s son King Maxel, as well as a match between Grado and Smoking Joe Frazier, the kangaroo who has the reincarnated spirit of the boxing legend in his vessel.

Evil Vito
10-11-2016, 01:06 PM
I actually could see Total Nonstop Deletion being the way that they officially "kill" TNA and kill its continuity so that Corgan can then re-brand.

Destor
10-11-2016, 01:07 PM

Evil Vito
10-11-2016, 01:09 PM
JUST LOOK AT THAT LAST SENTENCE. HOLY SHIT.

Evil Vito
10-11-2016, 01:09 PM
Wonder if it will turn out that TNA's 14 and a half year existence was all a dream or a matrix, or it all took place in King Maxel's snow globe.

Volare
10-11-2016, 01:30 PM
IT WAS MAXEL ALL ALONG!

Simple Fan
10-11-2016, 01:34 PM
Sounds great. I know they won't get the Young Bucks or New Day but this is actually what TNA needs to beef up their tag division a bit. Grado vs The Kangaroo might be the most entertaining match Grado has ever had.

Heisenberg
10-11-2016, 01:42 PM
donde esta Senor Benjamin?

Theo Dious
10-11-2016, 02:22 PM
I keep hearing about Matt Hardy's brilliant reinvention of himself but everything Ivery heard and seen of it is retarded.

erickman
10-11-2016, 02:43 PM
Sounds great. I know they won't get the Young Bucks or New Day but this is actually what TNA needs to beef up their tag division a bit. Grado vs The Kangaroo might be the most entertaining match Grado has ever had.

they may be able to get the young bucks, after watching cody work tna and roh, I can see the 2 companys work something out.

Evil Vito
10-11-2016, 02:53 PM
It won't happen but it'd be funny if New Day appearing in the Tag Team Apocalypto match was somehow part of the agreement for WWE to purchase the tape library.

Cool King
10-11-2016, 04:35 PM
....as well as a match between Grado and Smoking Joe Frazier, the kangaroo who has the reincarnated spirit of the boxing legend in his vessel.

https://s3.postimg.org/8obmmap03/10895_animated_macro_autoplay_gif_gif_michael.gif

Mr. Nerfect
10-14-2016, 05:34 AM
I actually could see Total Nonstop Deletion being the way that they officially kill TNA

Me too, man. :p

Seriously though, this is horseshit. I'm glad you guys are having fun, but this is not the way to take wrestling.

I have tried to understand the "so bad it's good" reasoning, but it makes it all look faker than it needs to. I know I sound like a Cornette fanboy every time I say that (and I am), but it's fucking true. That trailer for the first thing they did was so fucking bad.

I didn't watch the first backyard match they did, but I caught bits of the second. It was badly filmed, too chaotic to follow, nonsense and the "so bad it's good" thing is pushed too hard. It's trying to be bad, and that gives it away. Not true camp.

But they clearly don't understand the concept of "too much of a good thing" either. Or is that "too much of a bad-good thing?" Or just "too much of a thing?" They're doing an ENTIRE episode of this? Remember when the nWo took over Nitro? Remember when everybody was in the nWo and it didn't matter anymore?

Jokes aren't funny if you keep repeating them. A few people have gotten giddy over this stuff because it's "different." Different doesn't always mean good, mind you. But when it stops being different and becomes the norm, are you really going to be able to invest in all this?

The Hardys are taking TNA for a ride. I bet you they get paid on time. They get to do all the drugs they want, work the schedule they want, and do the goofy backyard shit that people in the WWE back in the day were smart enough to say "Dude, that's fucking stupid." They were signed to the largest company in the world when they were basically teenagers, and in their crossovers with reality, time and again Matt Hardy proves that he might not be the most mature individual on the planet. Jeff for that matter either.

I feel guilty enabling their destructive tendencies. If they're not doing damage to their health, they're certainly doing damage to the viability of the product around them. I can't believe no one in that entire company has said to them "No. That is fucking stupid. You know how to make money -- you be a fucking Hardy boy."

The good thing is that it won't affect Jeff Hardy's long-term drawing ability because nobody watches TNA and the casual fan probably thinks that he's been inactive ever since CM Punk exiled him in 2009.

Mr. Nerfect
10-14-2016, 05:34 AM
I mean, aren't you guys getting tired of it by now? "The Day of the New." Oh, it's funny because he means "New Day" but talks weird.

#BROKEN Hasney
10-14-2016, 05:46 AM
I mean, aren't you guys getting tired of it by now? "The Day of the New." Oh, it's funny because he means "New Day" but talks weird.

I mean, its wrestling. Eat up your booty-o's! They stop you from being booty. Drink it in you stupid idiot. #BeatUpJohnCena. At least he says new things in different ways.

Mr. Nerfect
10-14-2016, 05:55 AM
It's very soon going to be old things in old ways.

#BROKEN Hasney
10-14-2016, 06:04 AM
So falling in lone with the rest of professional wrestling. He'll be even more over!

Sting Fan
10-14-2016, 07:24 AM
TNA looks like such a dumpster fire from the outside it wasnt until the last sentence I actually questioned it :/

Anybody Thrilla
10-14-2016, 02:11 PM

How the fucking fuck does this sound great?

I read in Edge's book about "killing the town". This sounds like killing the entire viewing audience.

Anybody Thrilla
10-14-2016, 02:17 PM

I keep hearing about Matt Hardy's brilliant reinvention of himself but everything Ivery heard and seen of it is retarded.

https://s3.postimg.org/8obmmap03/10895_animated_macro_autoplay_gif_gif_michael.gif

TNA looks like such a dumpster fire from the outside it wasnt until the last sentence I actually questioned it :/

I just want to thank you all for reacting to this in the appropriate manner.

Simple Fan
10-14-2016, 02:19 PM
2 hours of Broken Matt Hardy is what's great about it. Also trying to get teams from other promotions to come in sounds cool. I dont imagine WWE let's New Day participate but I'm interested to see who all they get.

Anybody Thrilla
10-14-2016, 02:23 PM
I wish I could have such low standards. Sounds blissful.

mike adamle
10-14-2016, 02:39 PM
I really liked both deletions. I kinda cringe when Broken Matt does live promos or things like the Talk is Jericho podcast though. I look forward to this impact.

Simple Fan
10-14-2016, 02:41 PM

That's exactly it. I don't watch Impact expecting it to be anything near WWE. I don't want it to be either. I have high standards when it comes to WWE and they hardly reach them. Broken Matt Hardy has been the best gimmick of 2016 to me though no matter what standards I hold them to.

Anybody Thrilla
10-14-2016, 02:43 PM
So do you always have to wear the same helmet? Or do you have multiple?

Simple Fan
10-14-2016, 03:53 PM
You really need help if someone enjoying something pisses you off to the point you have call them retarded. I never said you had to like it. Its pro wrestling dude which has always been gimmicky and campy. If want super serious shit go watch UFC or something but don't call someone retarded simply because I enjoy something. I simply told you that I watched TNA and WWE with different standards and your responded with calling me retarded?

Anybody Thrilla
10-14-2016, 03:59 PM
I'm not pissed off. Just befuddled. It's very easy to call someone retarded. Didn't have to go out of my way at all.

Anybody Thrilla
10-14-2016, 04:01 PM
I'm just razzing you a bit. No need to get all defensive. Watch whatever you want.

Anybody Thrilla
Even if it makes you very retarded for enjoying it.

Anybody Thrilla
I'm a juggalo, for fuck sake. Calm down.

Evil Vito
10-14-2016, 04:03 PM
Personally I've enjoyed the Hardy stuff because it's intentionally bad as opposed to most of TNA which is just bad bad.

But whatevs. I'll actually go out of my way to watch this episode before TNA mercifully folds.

Simple Fan
10-14-2016, 04:05 PM
I know that, I just don't understand your reasoning. I havent called you any names or anything else. Was just trying to have a conversation. I usually don't call someone a name though unless I'm pissed off at them. Really though we are all a little retarded for watching pro wrestling as adults anyway.

Anybody Thrilla
10-14-2016, 04:07 PM
I'm not. You for sure are, though.

Seriously though, you never call your friends fun little nicknames like Dick Smear or Tard Boy?

Simple Fan
10-14-2016, 04:09 PM
Have never spoken those words in my life.

Simple Fan
10-14-2016, 04:16 PM
I'm not. You for sure are, though.

You're just in denial.

Anybody Thrilla
10-14-2016, 04:20 PM
Cum Trap? Dick Balls? Fart Lick? None of that?

Simple Fan
10-14-2016, 04:28 PM
Nope. You sound like a nice friend.

Anybody Thrilla
10-14-2016, 04:35 PM
I'll get you into any party, bud.

Simple Fan
10-14-2016, 04:43 PM
Have never not been able to "get into" a party but most the parties around here are out in the open on farms. Just drive up find a spot to park and start partying.

Anybody Thrilla
10-14-2016, 04:59 PM
Do you even own a button up shirt, my dude?

Simple Fan
10-14-2016, 05:13 PM
Yes, I only wear it to funerals though.

Anybody Thrilla
10-14-2016, 05:16 PM
Maybe you can wear it during this Impact episode at the Compound, as it will be TNA's death knell. Full circle, baby.

Simple Fan
10-14-2016, 05:19 PM
Good one but like Matt Hardy for some reason this company will not die.

Sting Fan
10-15-2016, 07:18 AM
I just want to thank you all for reacting to this in the appropriate manner.

Wait... Hold on... I just saw the exact same news in the Dirtsheet thread. Is this actually legit news out of TNA and not satire???

Anybody Thrilla
10-15-2016, 01:05 PM
Yeah man

Sting Fan
10-16-2016, 01:37 AM
I dont know how to respond to that tbh.

Mr. Nerfect
10-16-2016, 10:23 AM
Thrilla's not an asshole, Simple Fan -- don't take it personality.

TNA is fucking garbage and needs to die though. Also, the Broken Matt stuff is objectively bad, and that people are on board with it is exactly what's wrong with professional wrestling.

Evil Vito
10-16-2016, 03:40 PM
"You like something I don't like, therefore you are what's wrong with wrestling for supporting it."

Nice #HOTTAKE

Evil Vito
10-16-2016, 03:40 PM
TNA is certainly about to die, but it will be DELETED in a fashion most glorious.

SlickyTrickyDamon
10-16-2016, 03:43 PM
Robert Roooooooooooooooooo buys the company for WWE?

Evil Vito
10-16-2016, 03:55 PM
That would be most glorious.

Tom Guycott
10-16-2016, 04:48 PM
IT WAS MAXEL ALL ALONG!

Instead of indignant disgust, JR says it all cutsey because adorable baby:

"Awwwww. Son of a bitch."

Anybody Thrilla
10-17-2016, 04:08 PM
"You like something I don't like, therefore you are what's wrong with wrestling for supporting it."

Nice #HOTTAKE

Normally I'd agree with you, but this is seriously astronomical levels of bad.

Anybody Thrilla
10-17-2016, 04:09 PM
If people started eating turds, I guess it would be their right to do so, but I for sure am going to wonder about them.

Big Vic
10-17-2016, 04:24 PM
There is a lot more wrong with wrestling than this "Deletion" thing.

Anybody Thrilla
10-17-2016, 04:33 PM
I can't think of anything. Seems pretty perfect otherwise.

screech
10-17-2016, 06:53 PM
Gonna pick a friend to call Cum Trap and make it his thing.

Good look, ABT.

Mr. Nerfect
10-17-2016, 07:08 PM
If people started eating turds, I guess it would be their right to do so, but I for sure am going to wonder about them.

You know I feel now. :love:

Mr. Nerfect
10-17-2016, 07:09 PM

Nice #HOTTAKE

I'm coming at this from more than an opinion on taste. I honestly believe this is the sort of shit that makes people turn off their television sets. But there are enough hardcores that clap loud enough that the terrible shit keeps going instead of someone saying "Hey -- maybe we should smarten up?"

Mr. Nerfect
10-17-2016, 07:11 PM
There is a lot more wrong with wrestling than this "Deletion" thing.

Sorry if I gave the impression it was all that is wrong -- it's just that attitude of "Oh, this is fine because the smallest audience ever likes it enough" that I think does a lot more harm than people realize.

Mr. Nerfect
10-17-2016, 07:11 PM
Gonna pick a friend to call Cum Trap and make it his thing.

Good look, ABT.

Ya'll don't call your friends insulting names? Or was that a genuine "good look" observation? I can't tell, dickface. :kiss:

Evil Vito
10-17-2016, 07:37 PM
Every person I've sent the Hardy stuff to has found it entertaining entirely in how fucked up it is. And that's a group that includes WWE fans, transplanted fans, and people who have only heard about wrestling but never actually sat down and watched any of it.

I just don't buy this notion that only a tiny segment of the people watching the show actually like it. It's literally the only thing the company is doing that's getting any buzz. What they normally do sure wasn't working.

Evil Vito
10-17-2016, 07:38 PM
And I'm saying all of this as somebody who is ready for TNA to close and can't sit through a full episode of Impact. This is literally the only part of the show that has intrigued me.

Evil Vito
10-17-2016, 07:39 PM
Also...Chris Jericho liked it. So all of you stupid idiots who don't like it are going on The List.

Mr. Nerfect
10-17-2016, 07:45 PM
Chris Jericho is a mark for the boys. He's good value like that. He stood toe-to-toe with Brock in order to go to bat for something Orton agreed to, remember?

Mr. Nerfect
10-17-2016, 07:47 PM
Every person I've sent the Hardy stuff to has found it entertaining entirely in how fucked up it is. And that's a group that includes WWE fans, transplanted fans, and people who have only heard about wrestling but never actually sat down and watched any of it.

I just don't buy this notion that only a tiny segment of the people watching the show actually like it. It's literally the only thing the company is doing that's getting any buzz. What they normally do sure wasn't working.

Oh, sorry, I'm not saying that only a tiny portion of the Impact fans like it. I'm sure most of them do. There is just only a tiny portion of wrestling fan that watches Impact. I agree with you that Impact in general wasn't working.

screech
10-18-2016, 06:41 AM
Ya'll don't call your friends insulting names? Or was that a genuine "good look" observation? I can't tell, dickface. :kiss:

Of course I do, you grundle-sniffer. Cum Trap was new to me.

Simple Fan
10-18-2016, 10:37 AM
Oh, sorry, I'm not saying that only a tiny portion of the Impact fans like it. I'm sure most of them do. There is just only a tiny portion of wrestling fan that watches Impact. I agree with you that Impact in general wasn't working.

I think you underestimate their international TV deals. They used to be in more homes than WWE in the UK, not sure if they still are but their UK tours are always their best as far as crowds go. They have deals in Brazil, Germany, Portugal, India, and many others. The company is run like shit and that has attributed to a lot of people in the US just tuning out all together. They are still number 2 because they have these international TV deals that company's like ROH or Lucha Underground just don't have.

#1-norm-fan
10-18-2016, 01:08 PM

I barely consider it wrestling. If at all. It's a parody of wrestling if anything. And it's a "stupid fun" one. I know people who don't like wrestling who have seen some of the Matt Hardy stuff and found it funny.

You can't watch WWE over recent years and consider it compelling television and then knock someone else's standards though. Come on. lol

#1-norm-fan
10-18-2016, 01:21 PM
The Hardy stuff is a well made niche for people who don't take wrestling super seriously and like bizarre humor/entertainment. It's not gonna bring in a new boom or anything but it's got appeal.

WWE meanwhile is the most lazy, poorly written attempt to make legitimate entertainment on television. And there probably isn't a close second. You have to be a child who enjoys bright lights and fake violence or a hardcore fan who has lowered your standards to a ridiculous level for the sake of staying a fan in order to actually consider it compelling. Which is fine. I did it for a long time.

#1-norm-fan
10-18-2016, 01:26 PM
I'm coming at this from more than an opinion on taste. I honestly believe this is the sort of shit that makes people turn off their television sets. But there are enough hardcores that clap loud enough that the terrible shit keeps going instead of someone saying "Hey -- maybe we should smarten up?"

Hardcores are definitely not the target audience for this.

Anybody Thrilla
10-18-2016, 02:13 PM
I barely consider it wrestling. If at all. It's a parody of wrestling if anything. And it's a "stupid fun" one. I know people who don't like wrestling who have seen some of the Matt Hardy stuff and found it funny.

You can't watch WWE over recent years and consider it compelling television and then knock someone else's standards though. Come on. lol

I'm not saying everything WWE does is compelling. There have been some absolute diamonds in the roughage, though. As for the rest of the stuff, at least it's presented in an appropriate and digestable package, showing respect to the business, it's lineage, and it's progression.

It doesn't always have to be THIS stupid for me to hate it. I hate The Young Bucks maybe more than the Deletion bullshit. But the deletion bullshit isn't even TRYING anymore, and it's fucking hot garbage.

#1-norm-fan
10-18-2016, 02:20 PM
The deletion stuff is definitely TRYING. About a billion times more than WWE tries with their interchangeable characters with no attempt whatsoever to develop distinct personalities or innovative stories. They're trying something different with this Hardy stuff and clearly putting effort into it. Even if you fucking despise it and think it's shit, they're clearly TRYING.

#1-norm-fan
10-18-2016, 02:30 PM
As far as the "showing respect to the business, it's lineage, and it's progression" thing, it goes back to what I said about this not being marketed toward people who take wrestling too seriously. They could (and do) do a more typical presentation but there isn't a big enough wrestling audience to take advantage of even if they were actually putting on a well-booked traditional wrestling show every week. They could attract more people appealing to absurd comedy/entertainment fans. If you hate that it shits on and disrespects the wrestling business, just don't think of it as wrestling. Like I said, it barely is anyway.

XL
10-18-2016, 02:43 PM
I think you underestimate their international TV deals. They used to be in more homes than WWE in the UK, not sure if they still are but their UK tours are always their best as far as crowds go. They have deals in Brazil, Germany, Portugal, India, and many others. The company is run like shit and that has attributed to a lot of people in the US just tuning out all together. They are still number 2 because they have these international TV deals that company's like ROH or Lucha Underground just don't have.

They're still in more homes than WWE but there's far fewer people watching TNA than there used to.

Big Vic
10-18-2016, 02:50 PM
Sparkle crotch is much better :|

Anybody Thrilla
10-18-2016, 02:57 PM
I won't think of it as wrestling when it's not presented on a wrestling program. If that's the kind of shit they're going to do, you have to go ALL the way with it...which I guess is what this episode would do. You can't present the rest of your show as one sort of thing and the Hardy thing as an entirely different universe. That's kinda why I've always hated The Undertaker.

Evil Vito
10-18-2016, 03:24 PM
I won't think of it as wrestling when it's not presented on a wrestling program. If that's the kind of shit they're going to do, you have to go ALL the way with it...which I guess is what this episode would do. You can't present the rest of your show as one sort of thing and the Hardy thing as an entirely different universe. That's kinda why I've always hated The Undertaker.

Now I'm laughing imagining WWE running entire episodes of Raw from such locations WWE cameras have gained access to over the years such as the midget world under the ring, and Zack Ryder's brain.

Anybody Thrilla
10-18-2016, 03:25 PM
Midget court was actually worse than the Deletion bullshit. I'll give you that.

Anybody Thrilla
10-18-2016, 03:27 PM
Lucha Underground is ridiculous, but they are fluid in their ridiculousness, and everyone is effected the same way. I know what I'm getting into with it, and I can enjoy it. The deletion stuff is essentially making fun of the rest of the TNA program. It's dumb.

Anybody Thrilla
10-18-2016, 03:28 PM
If people would have talked about Midget Court being the hottest thing in wrestling, I would react the exact same way. It has nothing to do with it being in TNA. I used to enjoy Impact a few years ago on a weekly basis.

Evil Vito
10-18-2016, 04:25 PM
Do you dislike the Wyatt Family because they evidently have the Undertaker's ability to magically teleport and turn off the electricity to the building at will?

Anybody Thrilla
10-18-2016, 04:39 PM
I think that shit is super hokey, but I at least enjoy the ring work of Luke Harper and Bray Wyatt.

Anybody Thrilla
10-18-2016, 04:40 PM
You guys keep putting it up against WWE stuff, but I told you, there's stuff I don't like in WWE too. And there's also stuff that I DO like in TNA. But the Deletion shit fucking sucks. And it's out of place.

Mr. Nerfect
10-23-2016, 01:54 AM

*Used* to. Used to.

Mr. Nerfect
10-23-2016, 01:55 AM

I think the comparison drawn between TNA and Asylum film projects is very appropriate. Ever since Eric Young did the knock-off Daniel Bryan thing it's come off as discount bin trash stuff.

Mr. Nerfect
10-23-2016, 01:56 AM
Hardcores are definitely not the target audience for this.

I think we are getting into a debate about the semantics of what a "hardcore" is. I should have said "mutant."

Cool King
10-23-2016, 07:20 AM
I think you underestimate their international TV deals. They used to be in more homes than WWE in the UK, not sure if they still are but their UK tours are always their best as far as crowds go.

What probably played a part in that was the fact that TNA is shown on Challenge over here, which everyone gets as it's available no matter what cable/satellite provider you go with and which of their packages you buy, whereas WWE is only shown on Sky Sports, which you have to pay an extra £30 at the most to get the Sky Sports channels and that's on top of what you're already paying to your cable/satellite provider.

You can watch Raw on Sky 1 which is another channel everyone gets, but it's been condensed into an hour so you lose a lot from the full three hour show.

Sixx
10-23-2016, 07:34 AM
Also scheduled for the show is the “in ring debut” of Matt’s son King Maxel, as well as a match between Grado and Smoking Joe Frazier, the kangaroo who has the reincarnated spirit of the boxing legend in his vessel.

errr, his son is like 2 or 3 year old, they want him to wrestle?

mike adamle
10-23-2016, 07:39 AM
Not even a year old I don't think

erickman
10-23-2016, 08:50 AM
i wonder when wwe will sign maxel that is the best behaved baby i have ever seen on tv

Simple Fan
10-23-2016, 06:54 PM
*Used* to. Used to.

Still are according to Cool King.

Simple Fan
10-23-2016, 08:08 PM
Not even a year old I don't think

Yeah not even a year old. Could see him being the third man for the Hardy's in a six man tag or something. Maybe they have another baby they're going to pit him against.

Sixx
10-23-2016, 08:18 PM
hope they just toss him into the ring him and make him fight the abyss

Volare
10-23-2016, 08:25 PM
Maxel will morph into a masked wrestler wearing a crown.

Simple Fan
10-23-2016, 08:26 PM
hope they just toss him into the ring him and make him fight the abyss

Broken Matt Hardy already DELETED Abyss in the Great War.

Simple Fan
10-23-2016, 08:26 PM

Totally

Mr. Nerfect
10-23-2016, 09:00 PM
...the...fuck...

#1-norm-fan
10-24-2016, 08:18 AM

lol I was thinking they might have him face some jobber and have Matt and/or Jeff just beat the shit out of the guy and then put Maxel on top for the 3. But I might be thinking too logically.

Sixx
10-24-2016, 08:19 AM
lol I was thinking they might have him face some jobber and have Matt and/or Jeff just beat the shit out of the guy and then put Maxel on top for the 3. But I might be thinking too logically.

they'd sooner use him as a baby missile and just fucking throw him at someone

mike adamle
10-24-2016, 08:28 AM
Half expecting Maxel to take on Eddie Edwards for the world title and win

Cool King
10-24-2016, 08:30 AM
Still are according to Cool King.

I never said such a thing.

Sixx
10-24-2016, 08:39 AM
can some explain to me what's with all that DELETE crap?

Simple Fan
10-24-2016, 07:06 PM
I never said such a thing.

You said TNA was on Challenge that free tv and WWE was on Sky Sports which is a subscription channel. So TNA is still in available in more homes than WWE in the UK. No?

Simple Fan
10-24-2016, 07:07 PM

Matt Hardy's catchphrase. DELETE DELETE DELETE

Ultra Mantis
10-24-2016, 07:56 PM
You said TNA was on Challenge that free tv and WWE was on Sky Sports which is a subscription channel. So TNA is still in available in more homes than WWE in the UK. No?

Challenge mostly shows reruns of game shows from the 90s and 00s. Absolute garbage channel tbf.

It's also worth noting that while WWE in the UK is locked behind two paywalls, Raw is consistently getting higher ratings live at 1am-4am than "free" TNA programming broadcasting in a prime time slot.

Simple Fan
10-24-2016, 08:00 PM
Which is understandable I never said they got bigger ratings just that TNA was more available than WWE.

Mr. Nerfect
10-24-2016, 08:14 PM

Not really, no.

Mr. Nerfect
10-24-2016, 08:14 PM
Which is understandable I never said they got bigger ratings just that TNA was more available than WWE.

More homes, free, better time slot, fewer viewers. Hmm.

#1-norm-fan
10-25-2016, 09:45 AM
On the topic of the whole thing clashing with the rest of the show, I will say this. I think they should do away with the supernatural stuff like the lake that makes people revert back to their old gimmick.

Outside of that, everything is actually plausible within wrestling and makes sense. Matt Hardy could have gone batshit crazy. He could invite a camera crew to come film this stuff. He could actually believe that he found Joe Frazier re-incarnated as a kangaroo and begun training with him. I mean... supernatural shit isn't actually out of the realm of "wrestling realism" either but the rest of the stuff doesn't really clash with the rest of the show. It's strange but it can exist in the same universe with easy explanations.

Does anyone remember how The Boogeyman was explained by Palmer Cannon when he first debuted to make his existence make sense? It was kinda genius.

Evil Vito
10-25-2016, 09:47 AM
Does anyone remember how The Boogeyman was explained by Palmer Cannon when he first debuted to make his existence make sense? It was kinda genius.

Actually...I don't remember this and it's only made me butthurt that they've been so damn slow in uploading SmackDowns to the Network.

#1-norm-fan
10-25-2016, 09:57 AM
They started running vignettes for The Boogeyman and Palmer Cannon, who was representing the network, said "The Boogeyman" was a new show that was gonna debut on UPN but something happened and the show was cancelled before it ever aired. I think it was implied that the guy playing The Boogeyman was doing weird stuff on the set and was probably the cause of the show getting cancelled. He ended up just "becoming the character" and Palmer thought he'd fit in on Smackdown so he brought him over.

#1-norm-fan
10-25-2016, 09:58 AM
I mean... that's a pretty well thought out explanation for a character. Especially for wrestling.

Evil Vito
10-25-2016, 10:17 AM
That's really excellent, actually. Can't believe I'd forgotten about it. I thoroughly was enjoying SmackDown around that time.

Actually I thoroughly enjoyed SmackDown for nearly the entire original brand split, far more than I liked Raw. Really wish they'd complete the set.

#1-norm-fan
10-25-2016, 10:21 AM
To bring it back to Matt, I think that was around the same time of the Matt Hardy/MVP US Title feud which was outstanding.

Anybody Thrilla
10-25-2016, 11:09 AM
How do you explain that hologram drone thing

Destor
10-25-2016, 11:38 AM
On the topic of the whole thing clashing with the rest of the show, I will say this. I think they should do away with the supernatural stuff like the lake that makes people revert back to their old gimmick.

Outside of that, everything is actually plausible within wrestling and makes sense. Matt Hardy could have gone batshit crazy. He could invite a camera crew to come film this stuff. He could actually believe that he found Joe Frazier re-incarnated as a kangaroo and begun training with him. I mean... supernatural shit isn't actually out of the realm of "wrestling realism" either but the rest of the stuff doesn't really clash with the rest of the show. It's strange but it can exist in the same universe with easy explanations.

You cant just sweep that under the rug

Anybody Thrilla
10-25-2016, 12:03 PM
"If they didn't do all that ridiculous stuff, it'd be normal."

Simple Fan
10-25-2016, 02:15 PM
How do you explain that hologram drone thing

Its no different from any other wrestling prop. Like Al Snow and Head, Carlito and an apple, Bo's sign, or any other prop a character might use.

Simple Fan
10-25-2016, 02:18 PM
Lake of Reincarnation has had some of the most comedic spots of Matt's broken brilliance in my opinion. Probably the best part Brother Nero has had was him in the lake.

Evil Vito
10-25-2016, 03:09 PM
Anybroken Thrilla and Brother Noid will one day see the light.

BigCrippyZ
10-25-2016, 03:14 PM
They started running vignettes for The Boogeyman and Palmer Cannon, who was representing the network, said "The Boogeyman" was a new show that was gonna debut on UPN but something happened and the show was cancelled before it ever aired. I think it was implied that the guy playing The Boogeyman was doing weird stuff on the set and was probably the cause of the show getting cancelled. He ended up just "becoming the character" and Palmer thought he'd fit in on Smackdown so he brought him over.

Holy shit. Completely forgot about that. Nothing like that would ever be written, or if it was, it would never actually make it to television today in WWE.

Anybody Thrilla
10-25-2016, 04:29 PM
A hologram drone is not the same as a mannequin head. Are you kidding?

#1-norm-fan
10-25-2016, 06:40 PM
lol Yeah. Forgot about the hologram drone. Ridiculous.

Simple Fan
10-25-2016, 06:44 PM
Vanguard 1 for president.

#1-norm-fan
10-25-2016, 06:45 PM
Though that's also not really impossible in real life.

Also, congrats @ Anybrother Thrilla for 70,000 posts.

Simple Fan
10-25-2016, 06:47 PM
A hologram drone is not the same as a mannequin head. Are you kidding?

Kind of is, its just a digital head instead of a mannequin.

#1-norm-fan
10-25-2016, 06:53 PM
Yeah. It's 2016. What the fuck year are you in, ABT?

Mr. Nerfect
10-26-2016, 08:36 PM

I've actually said that I can buy Matt Hardy as being bat shit crazy. It's how we're being asked to indulge in it with him. This is Ultimate Warrior in the mirror stuff.

Mr. Nerfect
10-26-2016, 08:37 PM
I actually liked how they explained The Boogeyman at first. It was quickly dropped, but you could tell the writing team was trying to work out a way around this character that shouldn't have been on television in the first place.

#1-norm-fan
10-27-2016, 08:28 AM
If they would have pushed that story a little more, Boogeyman would have been a fantastic gimmick. It's a fucking wrestler named "The Boogeyman" who looks and talks like a "monster", crawls to the ring and eats worms... and they made a story where you could look at that guy and think "Oh. That's not SO 'far-fetched'."

Mindblowing.

Droford
10-27-2016, 05:30 PM
Itd be fun to come up with stories for stupid gimmicks like Duke Droese and TL Hopper

KIRA
10-27-2016, 05:50 PM
Matt Hardy's catchphrase. DELETE DELETE DELETE

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/H4IUjR9FlKA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Simple Fan
10-27-2016, 06:02 PM
Could be where Matt got some inspiration from. The delete motion is very similar. I know he said he got a lot of inspiration from game of thrones so its not out of the possibility that he's seen that as well.

Sixx
10-27-2016, 06:04 PM
what the fuck is that deletion stuff? what's this "delete" bollocks?

Simple Fan
10-27-2016, 06:22 PM
Matt Hardy DELETES people now and screams DELETE DELETE DELETE. Started with Brother Nero(Jeff) and most recently he DELETED Decay in the Great War.

Sixx
10-27-2016, 06:30 PM
what do you mean "deletes" people?

Simple Fan
10-27-2016, 06:32 PM
Its just a word he uses once he beats someone. They lose to Matt they are DELETED.

Simple Fan
10-27-2016, 06:35 PM
Some news about Total Nonstop Deletion. Sounds like its has to happen or TNA will be in breach of contract for not having a show for December 15th.

Pro Wrestling Sheet reports that production on Total Nonstop Deletion has been pushed out few a few weeks due to money issues, but that it may not have had to do with a lack of funds. The site says that sources close to the production claim that producers wanted to do more with the budget they had. As such they planned to book things for later in the month instead of next week. PWInsider also reports that some sources tell them the delay was done “to allow for some logistical planning.”

One source did tell the site that those involved with the filming were told that TNA didn’t have the money to fly talent to the Hardy home next week, as their funds were frozen when Billy Corgan was granted a restraining order after filing his lawsuit against the company.

According to the site, TNA will be in breach of their contract if they don’t make an episode for December 15th and the episodes they have filmed run through December 8th. As such, the site says there’s “no way” that the episode won’t be filmed even if Corgan were to take over.

Sixx
10-27-2016, 07:18 PM
Its just a word he uses once he beats someone. They lose to Matt they are DELETED.

this is fucking stupid

Simple Fan
10-27-2016, 07:26 PM
Matt Hardy will DELETE you for that.

Evil Vito
10-27-2016, 07:43 PM
DELETE Sixx

Simple Fan
10-27-2016, 07:47 PM
We can have a six DELETE salute. DELETE DELETE DELETE DELETE DELETE DELETE.

Sixx
10-27-2016, 07:47 PM
i deleted your mom

wait, no. hm.

Simple Fan
10-27-2016, 09:58 PM
Matt's giving out green beans for Halloween. Not trick or treat, TREAT or DELETE.

#1-norm-fan
10-27-2016, 10:23 PM

this is fucking stupid

lol I think it's slightly less fucking stupid than that made it sound. It started when he went on a mission to rob Jeff of the right to use the name "Jeff Hardy". Thus "deleting" the Jeff Hardy we knew from existence. Now he's known as "Brother Nero" and he doesn't have eyes. Dude deleted his eyes.

Mr. Nerfect
10-28-2016, 12:52 AM
They've got Jeff fucking Hardy on the roster and they want to market him as something else. Genius.

Sixx
10-28-2016, 02:43 AM
lol I think it's slightly less fucking stupid than that made it sound. It started when he went on a mission to rob Jeff of the right to use the name "Jeff Hardy". Thus "deleting" the Jeff Hardy we knew from existence. Now he's known as "Brother Nero" and he doesn't have eyes. Dude deleted his eyes.

what do you mean he doesn't have eyes?

Dewidi
10-28-2016, 03:15 AM
If they would have pushed that story a little more, Boogeyman would have been a fantastic gimmick. It's a fucking wrestler named "The Boogeyman" who looks and talks like a "monster", crawls to the ring and eats worms... and they made a story where you could look at that guy and think "Oh. That's not SO 'far-fetched'."

Mindblowing. the bogeyman kinda first surfaced( besides on that tough enough episode where they cut him for lying about his age)( pre bogeyman) down here in Louisville ky at the the wwe training facility ovw ran by former wrestler Danny davis.
What they could have done for his entrance is wheel out a bed with a kid mannequin( they couldn't use a real kid) and have him crawl out from under the bed look at the kid and do his catch phrase then bash the clock over his head.
Boogey used to show up to ovw face already painted up with that hair that he wears around his neck on his head. My sister and her boyfriend used to go every week to the tapings and events.
They said he was just as strange o.o.c.

Dewidi
10-28-2016, 03:52 AM
Who are these 3masked goons that showed up and jumped the tribunal?

#1-norm-fan
10-28-2016, 07:55 AM
what do you mean he doesn't have eyes?

https://i.ytimg.com/vi/KBDbwPs21dI/maxresdefault.jpg

#BROKEN Hasney
10-28-2016, 08:42 AM
Obsolete

Simple Fan
10-28-2016, 09:01 AM
They've got Jeff fucking Hardy on the roster and they want to market him as something else. Genius.

You'd really hate Itchweed I feel.

Simple Fan
10-28-2016, 09:06 AM
Who are these 3masked goons that showed up and jumped the tribunal?

DCC

#BROKEN Hasney
10-28-2016, 09:25 AM

Well he's been there for 8 years now, most of that as Jeff Hardy. I doubt there's much drawing harm in doing this.

Evil Vito
10-28-2016, 09:39 AM
Brother Nero > Jeff Hardy

#BROKEN Hasney
10-28-2016, 12:01 PM
https://youtu.be/RwNRhY40bxU

Simple Fan
10-28-2016, 12:13 PM
Was just fixing to post that.

Evil Vito
10-28-2016, 12:13 PM
"For the third consecutive year I find myself adrift in your amazing maze of corn."

Evil Vito
10-28-2016, 12:17 PM
"And believe me, nobody loves a Fat Hardy."

Evil Vito
10-28-2016, 12:22 PM
I need Vanguard-1 to ward off unwanted Treat or Deleters at my house.

#1-norm-fan
10-28-2016, 01:41 PM
Itchweed > Brother Nero > Willow > Jeff Harvey > Jeff Hardy

XL
10-28-2016, 04:48 PM
Could be where Matt got some inspiration from. The delete motion is very similar. I know he said he got a lot of inspiration from game of thrones so its not out of the possibility that he's seen that as well.

In what way was he influenced by GoT?

Sixx
10-28-2016, 05:24 PM
https://i.ytimg.com/vi/KBDbwPs21dI/maxresdefault.jpg

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Simple Fan
10-28-2016, 06:41 PM

He said GoT was where he got the inspiration for the 7 Deities stuff he does. I've never seen GoT so Im not real sure.

KIRA
10-28-2016, 07:24 PM

Well he does refer to his family as "House Hardy"

And yea the 7 deities is a direct reference to the 7 gods in GoT

Simple Fan
10-29-2016, 12:30 AM
https://encrypted-tbn1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSLAAuxkkQczflJ71fzXoF2uMAdtBNEwNwxti8Qjvj-CVFqx_RW

Dewidi
10-30-2016, 07:30 PM
Brother Nero > Jeff Hardy

The whole " Nero" thing is Jeff's middle name

Simple Fan
10-30-2016, 11:27 PM
The whole " Nero" thing is Jeff's middle name

Yes its part of the gimmick, has also called Cody Rhodes Brother Garrett on Twitter.

Dewidi
11-11-2016, 08:47 PM
Yes its part of the gimmick, has also called Cody Rhodes Brother Garrett on Twitter.

Kinda like calling Chris Jericho brother Keith on one of Jericho's podcast

Simple Fan
11-11-2016, 09:11 PM
Yeah except now he's got amnesia and has forgotten he is a pro wrestler so he probably doesn't remeber who Jericho is right now.

Simple Fan
11-11-2016, 09:23 PM
BnuzouJahr8

Dewidi
11-11-2016, 10:04 PM
So the three masked men was James storm, beam, and who was the other guy?

Simple Fan
11-11-2016, 10:37 PM
Not really sure who he is and they didn't say who he was.

Tom Guycott
11-11-2016, 10:49 PM
Wait, so Broken Matt is more broken? Double broken? Re-broken?

Ultra Mantis
11-12-2016, 09:29 AM
So the three masked men was James storm, beam, and who was the other guy?

That's Eddie Kingston from CHIKARA.

Josh and Pope are the absolute worst commentary team in announcing history. They make Tenay and Don West sound like JR and Lawler.

Dewidi
11-16-2016, 04:09 AM
I put in CHIKARA on youtube and all I gotta say is O.M.F.G. what a dreaming pile of crap that was.

Damian Rey 2.0
11-16-2016, 12:50 PM
Dreaming like it wasn't real and you woke up?

Evil Vito
11-16-2016, 02:57 PM
CHIKARA is boss

Ultra Mantis
11-16-2016, 04:59 PM
The entire Broken Matt Hardy shtick is very CHIKARAesque actually.

Dewidi
11-28-2016, 06:34 PM
I meant steaming damned auto correct changed it.
also what's the name of the D.C.C.'s theme music?

Simple Fan
11-29-2016, 03:52 PM
When the Smoke Clears by Dale Oliver.

Dewidi
12-01-2016, 12:29 AM
When the Smoke Clears by Dale Oliver.

Where can I get this song without hearing the idiot announcers talking over it

Simple Fan
12-15-2016, 06:05 PM
Total Nonstop Deletion is tonight. Doubt they got any outside talent but we'll see.

#1-norm-fan
12-15-2016, 06:17 PM
Won't all the talent be outside?

Simple Fan
12-15-2016, 06:31 PM
Maybe, they do have that warehouse like building on their property that they have had matches in.

SlickyTrickyDamon
12-15-2016, 08:04 PM
Senor Benjamin Riberia Steak House jacket!

Evil Vito
12-15-2016, 08:12 PM
MAXEL WINS!!!

SlickyTrickyDamon
12-15-2016, 08:15 PM
Maxel's grandfather with the run in. The King wins.

SlickyTrickyDamon
12-15-2016, 08:17 PM
ROCK N ROLL EXPRESS!!!!!!

Simple Fan
12-15-2016, 08:20 PM
Well the Rock N Roll Express showed up.

Evil Vito
12-15-2016, 08:21 PM
LMAO Vanguard-1 accepting the open challenge.

SlickyTrickyDamon
12-15-2016, 08:21 PM
oddddddddbbbbbbbbbbbbbbb

Simple Fan
12-15-2016, 08:23 PM
Vanguard 1 would have won that match. ODB will do though.

Evil Vito
12-15-2016, 08:27 PM
would do Sienna

SlickyTrickyDamon
12-15-2016, 08:29 PM
wtf is VI Poo? Why is that a thing?

SlickyTrickyDamon
12-15-2016, 08:33 PM
Dixie Carter has an album? The fuck?

SlickyTrickyDamon
12-15-2016, 08:35 PM
Don't know who is dressed stupider.

Emperor Smeat
12-15-2016, 08:41 PM
Is "Itchweed" supposed to be Jeff Hardy?

Just tuned into the show and saw some guy use a weed wacker on another guy.

Simple Fan
12-15-2016, 08:45 PM
Is "Itchweed" supposed to be Jeff Hardy?

Just tuned into the show and saw some guy use a weed wacker on another guy.

Alternate personality. He may have took a swim in the Lake of Reincarnation.

slik
12-15-2016, 08:56 PM
just tuned in, how's it been

SlickyTrickyDamon
12-15-2016, 08:57 PM
The best Impact Ever.

Vastardikai
12-15-2016, 09:05 PM
I'm not watching, but I'm rooting for the Ugly Ducklings.

Emperor Smeat
12-15-2016, 09:15 PM
:lol: at kicking the crowd out for this tag match.

Lock Jaw
12-15-2016, 09:25 PM
Pretty sure they just implied that Abyss literally murdered a few people

Emperor Smeat
12-15-2016, 09:30 PM
:lol: at Hornswoggle being the "big guy" Rockstar Spud was hyping up.

This Apocalypto match has been weird, dumb, and yet also pretty entertaining so far.

SlickyTrickyDamon
3 COUNT!

Lock Jaw
So, a dilapidated boat just broke up a pinfall and then Shane Helms instructed his team to beat up the boat

Emperor Smeat
:lol: 3 Count parody.

Evil Vito
12-15-2016, 09:43 PM
LOL Ricky Morton stuck elevated on the forklift

This is fucking amazing

Evil Vito
12-15-2016, 09:46 PM
Lol poor DCC

Emperor Smeat
12-15-2016, 09:55 PM
:lol: Triple H burial joke.

Evil Vito
12-15-2016, 10:00 PM
That brought a tear to my eye

Lock Jaw
12-15-2016, 10:01 PM
What the hell did I just watch

Evil Vito
12-15-2016, 10:05 PM
WONDERFUL

Simple Fan
12-15-2016, 10:05 PM
Pretty entertaining just for the fact that you didn't know what would happen next.

SlickyTrickyDamon
12-15-2016, 10:09 PM
That was udder crap and the death of pro wrestling. AKA a typical Impact.

#BROKEN Hasney
12-16-2016, 03:44 AM
Got a train ride so downloaded this. Should make it fly by. STD's comment there has me hyped as he has terrible taste!

#BROKEN Hasney
12-16-2016, 03:46 AM
Lmao, itchweed is the best Jeff Hardy character ever

#BROKEN Hasney
12-16-2016, 03:56 AM
King Maxel is 1-0, birth of a new streak!

Lol Disco

#BROKEN Hasney
12-16-2016, 04:00 AM
This is BS AF. Vanguard 1 for world champ.

#BROKEN Hasney
12-16-2016, 04:05 AM
Hopefully the licensed official/Vanguard 1 feud continues

#BROKEN Hasney
12-16-2016, 04:13 AM
Good god Itchweeed. The match was over!

#BROKEN Hasney
12-16-2016, 04:25 AM
The world title match is dull. It's just a TNA match. Where's the shenanigans?

#BROKEN Hasney
12-16-2016, 04:30 AM
It's picking up a bit now. It's pretty good.

#BROKEN Hasney
12-16-2016, 04:36 AM
Yeah, evacuation. This should be properly insane.

#BROKEN Hasney
12-16-2016, 04:40 AM
Decay snapping necks and cashing checks. Like it.

#BROKEN Hasney
12-16-2016, 04:45 AM
Hornswoggle!

#BROKEN Hasney
12-16-2016, 04:46 AM
Cant believe they're taking out scarsguard just because he broke up a pinfall. Outrageous.

#BROKEN Hasney
12-16-2016, 04:47 AM
Yes! 3 Count Sugar Shane!

#BROKEN Hasney
12-16-2016, 04:58 AM
Hurricane! This is so great.

#BROKEN Hasney
12-16-2016, 05:03 AM
Goddamn, found it hard not to laugh out loud during the HHH burial part.

Evil Vito
12-16-2016, 08:49 AM
Greatest episode of television in wrestling history.

JimmyMess
12-16-2016, 11:10 AM
wait was this show in the Hardy's backyard?

Volare
12-16-2016, 01:16 PM
I did enjoy Ricky Morton getting stuck. Rock n Roll looked really good in that setup.

#BROKEN Hasney
12-16-2016, 01:25 PM
And random cameos from Disco Inferno and Animal were great.

#BROKEN Hasney
12-16-2016, 01:37 PM
http://i.imgur.com/VHQ0hZv.gif

Heisenberg
12-16-2016, 03:14 PM
alright, I'm watching this right now. Nice to see Senor Benjamin resurfaced

Heisenberg
12-16-2016, 03:20 PM
King MAXEL beat Rockstar Spud!!! What the hell!!

Heisenberg
12-16-2016, 03:23 PM
Would you like some green beans, meats?

SlickyTrickyDamon
12-16-2016, 03:25 PM

Rebuttal:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/g5xw4IuVx1k" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Mr. Nerfect
12-16-2016, 05:34 PM

For comedy that is outdated. For tonally effective drama? Yeah...no.

Mr. Nerfect
12-16-2016, 05:34 PM
Did rubbish in the ratings too. Cue up The Price is Right losing horn.

Simple Fan
12-16-2016, 05:40 PM
Was TNAs best rating since September so for TNA it was pretty good.

Evil Vito
12-16-2016, 06:32 PM
Triple H burial jokes are never outdated.

Emperor Smeat
12-16-2016, 07:20 PM
Think it wasn't till the news spoof near the end of the match that made me realize what Matt Hardy was teasing about in regards to the original plans for the match. Had the Hardys actually lost, it would have been a great way to do a reboot of TNA since they don't have any new episodes planned till early next year. Also fits with their new owners going in a new direction which is rumored to include GFW.

#BROKEN Hasney
12-16-2016, 07:39 PM
For comedy that is outdated. For tonally effective drama? Yeah...no.

For goddamn entertaining TV: 5 stars

Evil Vito
12-16-2016, 07:45 PM
For goddamn entertaining TV: 5 stars

WONDERFUL!

#1-norm-fan
12-16-2016, 09:19 PM
I'd like to take Hasney and Vito out for a meal of green beans.

Mr. Nerfect
12-16-2016, 10:01 PM
Was TNAs best rating since September so for TNA it was pretty good.

For TNA. Yeah.