PDA

View Full Version : Is there anyone you feel is on the wrong roster currently?

Mr. Nerfect
10-30-2016, 01:46 AM
I'm not a big fan of this draft, but looking at it, I can't help but feel that there are quite a few active talents that could really be better used on another show. I thought it would make for some interesting discussion to see if there is anyone who really stands out as drowning on the show they are on.

Sami Zayn is the most prominent guy to me. I thought for sure that he would be going to SmackDown, especially once the Cruiserweight Division was announced. Zayn would have been the small guy that isn't hamstrung into the division, but instead they went with Kalisto. That hasn't really worked out for them. I'd personally swap them over.

The Shining Stars should have always been SmackDown to feud with American Alpha. While they may not be the most credible guys on the roster, their skill inside the ring would have helped polish Alpha some more. Their gimmick is made to making fun of Americans and then getting their ass kicked by proud ones. There are so many shitty teams on SmackDown, I think you could move The Vaudevillains over to RAW and they could get run over by Enzo & Cass for a few weeks. The same goes for Breezango now that we know they aren't going with them as a serious team. Keep The Ascension on SmackDown as your heel jobber team.

The way the women have been divided is all wrong. Sasha and Bayley should be on SmackDown with Becky and Charlotte on RAW. Natalya can be the wrestling heel on SmackDown and Emma could be making her return to RAW. Asuka would be an intriguing foe to force Bayley and Sasha to put their differences to the side temporarily.

I'd ready for Roman Reigns and Seth Rollins to be on SmackDown and for that to just be the Shield show at this point. Run by AJ Styles, of course. Shinsuke Nakamura coming up would be golden too. After the draft, I'd be happy for Cena to go back to RAW. I think it was a nice idea him heading over to SmackDown to lend it some establishment cred, but he's barely been there. Orton can be the part-time active legend on that end. Joe can debut after WrestleMania and go after Cena on RAW, where Cesaro also is and we can hopefully get some Cena vs. Cesaro matches down the line.

Once you have Joe on RAW, you need Rusev on SmackDown, which means you need to move Miz and Maryse back to RAW. I wouldn't mind an angle where Miz picks fights with cruiserweights.

Anyway, those are just some applied thoughts. Feel free to agree, disagree and throw your own out there.

Lock Jaw
10-30-2016, 01:54 AM
Sami Zayn is the biggest for me.

Really should have been on Smackdown, which would have given him more opportunity to shine. Would have also been a great idea to separate him and Kevin Owens onto different shows..... get them away from each other for awhile and allow both to shine on different shows.

As it is, Sami is kind of an "afterthought" on RAW, and already had another "throw away" encounter with Kevin Owens after what was supposed to be their "big final match".

Plus Smackdown could have really used another main eventer.

Wishbone
10-30-2016, 01:56 AM
I feel that the women should have been split with Becky and Sasha on Raw and Bayley and Charlotte on Smackdown. I don't know, I just like those dynamics better for some reason. Feel like Becky and Sasha have a better rival feel, and Bayley being the fan turned wrestler is the antithesis to Charlotte's "born to be a champion" shtick.

Zayn definitely should have been on Smackdown. Agree 100% on the Shining Stars too.

Dean Ambrose is definitely on the wrong roster too. The dude is being billed as this anti-authority type guy who doesn't give a fuck, but he's on a show where he's liked by the authority. It'd be like having a trouble maker in a school where he was best friends with the principal. Just feels wrong.

Roman should have gone to Smackdown if only as a demotion for his actions and a way to hopefully let him find himself. He could have possibly even pulled a Cena and come to RAW after getting over with the fans.

Cena I'm surprisingly okay with on Smackdown though. I really like that the top guy is on the "B Show" as it makes Smackdown feel a bit more important.

Cesaro should be on Smackdown, period.

Those are the ones that come to mind at the moment anyway.

Mr. Nerfect
10-30-2016, 02:01 AM
I was all for Cesaro being the guy to take the IC Title off The Miz, but that ship has sailed.

Mr. Nerfect
10-30-2016, 02:03 AM
The way you've split the women there is interesting too. I'd be fine with that too. The main thing is to keep Becky and Bayley separate, but I also feel that Charlotte and Sasha was coming to an end and that those ladies could have been put on different rosters. Sasha and Charlotte on top of each show makes perfect sense to me, with Bayley and Becky as their respective foils. I guess you can do Charlotte/Bayley and Sasha/Becky.

Wishbone
10-30-2016, 02:07 AM
I was all for Cesaro being the guy to take the IC Title off The Miz, but that ship has sailed.

I hate to say it but I almost want to see Cesaro quit WWE. He's being wasted there, and honestly we all know no matter how hard he tries he'll never amount to anything in the company.

Mr. Nerfect
10-30-2016, 02:08 AM
I like the possible dynamic between Cena and Zayn. Both are such "nice guys" that something would have to give there.

The one benefit to Zayn being on RAW is that I now want to see Reigns vs. Zayn for the US Title at WrestleMania. I get what they are trying to do with Reigns -- I still think they need to turn him heel for him to be effective -- but if they're dead-set on him being a babyface, I think he works better against other babyfaces. That way the crowd being against him actually benefits someone. So he basically functions as a heel.

Reigns vs. Zayn has that Savage vs. Steamboat dynamic behind it. I like the idea of Zayn going for the belt and Reigns just giving him a smug smile as Zayn talks about how he's worked hard over an entire career. Zayn gets his match and Reigns just shoulder barges past him. Heading into Mania, Zayn does the "Neville promo" on Reigns, talking about how it's clear that Reigns doesn't respect him. Cue Zayn slapping Reigns right across the face. Reigns then tells Zayn that if he didn't respect him, he wouldn't be standing right now.

Reigns vs. Styles and Reigns vs. Balor were the Reigns matches I've enjoyed the most since the Shield split. When Reigns just goes nuts and powerbombs people, it's gold. Get him to do that with Zayn at Mania.

Mr. Nerfect
10-30-2016, 02:09 AM
I hate to say it but I almost want to see Cesaro quit WWE. He's being wasted there, and honestly we all know no matter how hard he tries he'll never amount to anything in the company.

The most interesting thing for Cesaro, in my opinion, is for him to head down to NXT and beat Nakamura for the belt. Beating Nakamura means something, at least to the smart fan. If Nakamura goes main roster and then means something, Cesaro is still the only guy that has beaten him.

You don't need to cut Cesaro's pay. God knows that Nakamura wouldn't be working for cheap either. But Cesaro's capital increases down in the fish bowl that is NXT, and he can get some practice talking, being a champion and get himself some new fucking music.

Mr. Nerfect
10-30-2016, 02:12 AM
They've got this tool to freshen up so many guys, but they don't want to use it, because they still think of it as developmental, even though it hasn't really developed anybody from an in-ring perspective. They've all be independent talents. The biggest thing that happens for the guys that pass through NXT is that they get the production treatment -- an entrance, a logo, some motifs, some personalized attire and a more focused gimmick. Then it flops main roster anyway.

Simple Fan
10-30-2016, 11:04 AM
I like the brand split more than I thought I would. I think Kevin Iwens should be the one on SD instead of Zayn. Really just not into Zayn anymore but I suppose that's because he's on Raw with nothing to do but challenge Braun. I guess hrd be better off on Smackdown but I'd rather see him go back to NXT. Good Brothers should be on Smackdown just to keep The Club together. AJ is doing great but Id like to see him with Gallows and Anderson tearing up Smackdown. Also Kalisto should be on Raw in the Cruserweight division. On that note most the guys they have for it are a waste. They just tried to recreate the feel of the CWC on Raw and its just not possible. Should have incorporated the guys that were already on the roster under 205 to legitimize the division a bit instead of just using CWC guys.

Ruien
10-30-2016, 11:36 AM
Ellsworth should be main eventing Raw instead of SmackDown.

Emperor Smeat
10-30-2016, 12:02 PM
Should have swapped Sin Cara and Kalisto around for the Cruiser division. Kalisto would fit better in the division while Sin Cara would fit better in Smackdown's midcard because of his bigger size.

Still think the women's division should have been kept in tact although for Smackdown since that brand has done a better job booking their half of the division than RAW has.
Them trying to retell Bayley's NXT storyline rise on RAW doesn't work because of the division small size and not having enough heels to do it correctly.

Evil Vito
10-30-2016, 02:55 PM
Yeah, gonna echo all of the Sami Zayn sentiments. For starters, it just felt wrong keeping him and Owens on the same show because you knew they were going to have to fight again even after their big blowoff match, and sure enough they've run that match again on throwaway Raws.

But even from a kayfabe storyline perspective, Zayn felt like the perfect guy Bryan would have wanted for his show as a fellow scrappy underdog. He could have believably been put into a title program, and he and Styles would have torn the fucking house down.

Evil Vito
10-30-2016, 03:00 PM
I was hoping Rusev and The Miz would have swapped spots, and now seeing how they're both being booked I feel validated in that.

I will admit that I have loved Miz on SmackDown since the draft. I've enjoyed his feud with Ziggler far more than I thought I would have given that they've already wrestled a billion times. I also loved his spat with Bryan on Talking Smack, but sadly it got dropped because WWE didn't want Bryan doing anything that would have gotten the audience thinking he'd wrestle again.

On Raw however, Rusev has been made to look like a total chump in his feud with Reigns and the crowd still are not cheering for Reigns, probably because he's booked like a total asshole heel. If the goal was to get a secondary title on Reigns I feel like The Miz on Raw would have made more sense. The Miz has been great but he's an absolute wizard at getting fans to react the way he wants them to - maybe even he could have gotten the crowd to cheer for Roman in this feud.

Rammsteinmad
10-30-2016, 03:34 PM
Cesaro should be ripping through everyone on Smackdown right now.

XL
10-30-2016, 04:06 PM
I'd still be interested in tying the divisions to one specific brand.

Maybe Women's on Raw, along with the Cruiserweights. That'd give you more toys to play with, and you won't burn through all of the match ups any time soon.

Meanwhile, you move the Tag Teams to SDL. If that leaves too many teams you can start to split them. The Hype Bros are a non-starter. The Vaudevillains can go back to NXT. Golden Truth can go single. Tyler Breeze can jump into the Cruiserweight Division whilst Fandango becomes Johnny Curtis and wins the WWE Championship, and ratings/profit goes through the roof.

KIRA
10-30-2016, 05:08 PM
Cesaro fucking beast of a man sent RAW to do next to nothing. Send him to SD and change that god awful music.

Ruien
10-30-2016, 05:21 PM
Cesaro has been in a storyline that has been getting focus since the brand split. What do you mean he is doing nothing? You may not enjoy the storyline but he most certainly has been involved with Raw in an actual matter.

Ruien
10-30-2016, 05:22 PM
Honestly, Sheamus may rub off a little bit on Cesaro with his mic skills which will help Cesaro in the future.

Evil Vito
10-30-2016, 07:56 PM
I do think it'd be a good idea to move one of Orton/Cena to Raw in the draft next year. I think it was okay for SmackDown to have both early on for the "name value" and because they were both going to be taking time off. But if there ends up being a stretch where both are on TV every week, they're eventually going to need to feud again - and I'd rather never see that happen again.

Mr. Nerfect
12-09-2016, 09:17 PM
Enzo Amore is someone that I think would benefit by getting off RAW and going to SmackDown. Maybe he puts his roster position on the line against Rusev or something? On SmackDown he could be given some sort of renewed focus. The Miz vs. Enzo Amore could be a pretty decent feud for the Intercontinental Title. I mean, I don't like either guy that much, but I can imagine the current audience frothing over it. John Cena could also mentor Enzo when he's around.

This leaves Big Cass in a funny spot, since I do not think he's ready on his own, but is he going to get ready losing every match he has alongside Enzo? He could be pushed as the babyface equivalent to Braun Strowman and they could both be hyped for the Andre the Giant Memorial Battle Royal come WrestleMania.

Mr. Nerfect
12-09-2016, 09:28 PM
American Alpha could already use a switch to RAW, I think. I don't expect them to be used much better on RAW, but you can't have all the good wrestlers on SmackDown. This is keeping in mind that I still want Sami Zayn and Cesaro on SDL for the IC Division. The Revival could debut and win the RAW Tag Titles from The New Day and Alpha could be their primary challengers heading into WrestleMania season. I think New Day has run their course as a unit, and although I wouldn't split them, I'd use them in a different role. I'd be building them up for the Andre Battle Royal and consider giving the whole thing to Big E and running an angle where Kofi Kingston and Xavier Woods try to leach off his success. You can come back to Kofi & Woods as a true tag team later if you need to. But yeah, with The Wyatt Family hopefully having the SD Tag Titles on lockdown for a while, I'd move Alpha over to RAW and build them up to take those belts while The Wyatt Family became a force to be reckoned with.

I can't believe I'm saying this, but I'd be fine with "The Club" being put back together on SmackDown. On their own, Gallows & Anderson have expired as an interesting tag team. As back-up to help support Styles' control over the WWE World Title? They're not completely out of gas. I'm not saying I'd necessarily go with The Wyatt Family vs. The #BeatUp Club for WrestleMania, but I think it could lead to some interesting match-ups. I'd also consider putting Dean Ambrose & Dolph Ziggler together as a team of guys with something to prove after each has failed to achieve championship success.

In fact, you might as well move a lot of the jobber tag teams over to RAW to help pad things out over there. The Ascension and The Vaudevillains are pretty much useless on SmackDown, and while they won't necessarily be upgraded on RAW, they might get used functionally to put over teams like Alpha.

Wishbone
12-09-2016, 09:40 PM
Gotta disagree with splitting Enzo and Cass. It's waaaaay too soon to even be thinking about that in my opinion. They do need to start booking them better though.

RP
12-09-2016, 09:57 PM
Bron should be on Smackdown. It makes no sense why they split them. They wasted a storyline by doing that.

Mr. Nerfect
12-09-2016, 10:01 PM
Gotta disagree with splitting Enzo and Cass. It's waaaaay too soon to even be thinking about that in my opinion. They do need to start booking them better though.

I'm completely over them as a team. I don't buy them together right now.

Mr. Nerfect
12-09-2016, 10:01 PM
Bron should be on Smackdown. It makes no sense why they split them. They wasted a storyline by doing that.

I feel that Strowman has been much better on his own.

Wishbone
12-10-2016, 01:09 AM
Why don't you buy them as a team, Noid? They've got a really nice dynamic. Honestly I think they're probably my favorite team right now. Even the goofy crap like what happened Monday is relatively entertaining when they do it (at least from my perspective.)

Wishbone
12-10-2016, 01:14 AM
Also gotta disagree on Strowman. The dude still bores the crap out of me. At least when he was with Bray he served a purpose. Now he's just another big man that I'm supposed to be intimidated by even though he looks like Samwell Tarly from Game of Thrones. I don't know why WWE's been having so much trouble finding actually intimidating big men these days. Between Strowman and that frat-boy wannabe biker Baron Corbin they've just been doing terribly. What happened to all the Takers, Kanes, Big Shows, etc? Meh...

Wishbone
12-10-2016, 01:15 AM
Hell, even Khali was scarier than the guys they got now, and he was essentially a cripple for half his career.

Mr. Nerfect
12-10-2016, 02:06 AM
I don't buy them because they've got the one thing they say, they're pretty terrible in the ring and then they're always losing on top of that. They felt energetic in front of larger crowds when they first showed up after WrestleMania, but they dwindled really fast. When WWE realizes they've got a thing, they smash it into the ground. Now I don't buy Enzo in a fight and I feel like Cass is a non-factor.

Oh, I'm not on the Strowman bandwagon, by the way, I just HATED him with The Wyatt Family. The Bray/Harper/Rowan dynamic was wonderful, and I don't mind Orton being with the Family now, but Strowman just felt like some dude replacing Rowan. He's the shit big dude in the Family that is there to be lowest priority. Strowman can't have that position. On his own he's at least somewhat packaged as someone that has the raw potential to stand out. I'd be happy if he left and never came back, but at least he's not chewing up Wyatt time.

Wishbone
12-10-2016, 02:31 AM
Fair points on Strowman. I honestly feel bad for Rowan since he just disappeared all of a sudden. :-\

As for Enzo and Cass I do think they've been hurt tremendously by not winning... like at all... Still I enjoy them for what they are. Maybe my standards are just so low now that it doesn't bother me. [shrug]

Emperor Smeat
12-10-2016, 05:06 PM
Fair points on Strowman. I honestly feel bad for Rowan since he just disappeared all of a sudden. :-\

As for Enzo and Cass I do think they've been hurt tremendously by not winning... like at all... Still I enjoy them for what they are. Maybe my standards are just so low now that it doesn't bother me. [shrug]

Rowan got injured again.

Wishbone
12-10-2016, 05:41 PM
Seriously? I hadn't read about that anywhere so I just assumed he was in limbo or something...

Emperor Smeat
12-10-2016, 05:58 PM
WWE Superstar Erick Rowan is expected to miss four to six months after undergoing surgery on a torn rotator cuff Tuesday.

ProWrestling.Net reported the news, which has yet to be confirmed by WWE.

Rowan is currently part of the SmackDown Live brand and associated with Bray Wyatt, though he's not in any feuds of his own. He appeared on last week's episode as part of multiple segments with Randy Orton, but the pair did not make physical contact.

It's unclear when Rowan suffered the injury.

Got hurt around the same time Harper was in the process of making his return from being injury.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2667592-erick-rowan-injury-updates-on-wwe-stars-recovery-from-shoulder-surgery

Mr. Nerfect
12-11-2016, 10:06 PM

Eh, they're a fun comedy act. I just don't put much stock in them. I'd like to see them earn some capital separately and then come back when each has more cache.

Mr. Nerfect
12-11-2016, 10:09 PM
It sucks for Rowan, but the silver-lining is that it keeps him fresh. They can do this Wyatt Family stuff, and when it crumbles and they all split off, he can find himself doing something with Harper and/or Bray.