PDA

View Full Version : WWE opts not to renew Jerry Lawler's contract

slik
12-06-2016, 01:58 PM
BREAKING: WWE has chosen not to renew Jerry Lawler's contract. He will work under a Legend's deal instead and will still host the HOF.

- 411Mania

Ruien
12-06-2016, 02:11 PM
Damn. Poor guy.

Ruien
12-06-2016, 02:11 PM
Didn't even know he was still announcing shows honestly.

SlickyTrickyDamon
12-06-2016, 02:14 PM
Didn't even know he was still announcing shows honestly.

He wasn't. He was on the Pre and Post shows.

Ruien
12-06-2016, 03:41 PM
Ah. At some point you need to move on and it has been time for him.

Evil Vito
12-06-2016, 03:43 PM
Meh, they'd done everything short of moving his desk to the basement. Hosting the HOF is his red stapler.

Big Vic
12-06-2016, 03:47 PM
"What is Gerald Lauer doing in the impact zone!?"

Ol Dirty Dastard
12-06-2016, 03:50 PM
I'm sure he doesn't give a shit, he milked them for everything he could have gotten doing as little work as possible. Good for him. Now he can go back to fucking even more under aged girls.

Rammsteinmad
12-06-2016, 03:53 PM
Yeah, the guy has been (on-and-off) involved with the company for what... 30 years? I mean, his current run has been a consistent 15 years or so. The guy's a very, very bad decision maker when it comes to money if he isn't set for life by now.

Destor
12-06-2016, 03:59 PM
Yeah, the guy has been (on-and-off) involved with the company for what... 30 years? I mean, his current run has been a consistent 15 years or so. The guy's a very, very bad decision maker when it comes to money if he isn't set for life by now.He wasnt making set for life kind of money, well maybe ith his age.

Volare
12-06-2016, 04:19 PM
Maybe they're keeping him away from the newer girls.

Big Vic
12-06-2016, 04:27 PM
Maybe they will lift the "Paige Policy" now.

RP
12-06-2016, 04:36 PM
I'm sure he doesn't give a shit, he milked them for everything he could have gotten doing as little work as possible. Good for him. Now he can go back to fucking even more under aged girls.

Whats wrong with this? Why cant the guy fuck younger women ( i assume you mean younger girls not underaged )? I would love to be in his position. I hope i'm pounding younger woman when i'm 60. Props to him. I dont hate on him for that. In fact, i love Lawler. I rather hear him call the matches than anyone else they have right now.

Emperor Smeat
12-06-2016, 05:04 PM
Not surprised since the WWE had been gradually reducing his on-screen stuff ever since the heart attack a few years ago and the rumors about them wanting to do this for years.

XL
12-06-2016, 06:03 PM
Whats wrong with this? Why cant the guy fuck younger women ( i assume you mean younger girls not underaged )? I would love to be in his position. I hope i'm pounding younger woman when i'm 60. Props to him. I dont hate on him for that. In fact, i love Lawler. I rather hear him call the matches than anyone else they have right now.

Why would you assume he didn't mean exactly what he said?

Mr. Nerfect
12-06-2016, 06:08 PM
Jerry Lawler's recent heel run was actually a breath of fresh air. He was way better than Mauro Ranallo. I think it was time to move away from him, but he could have still worked in a managerial role. That being said, it's nice that he'll still get to host the Hall of Fame and such -- he'll feel more special.

It's a shame that we won't get a Jerry Lawler shoot interview though. I bet he's got lots to say.

Tom Guycott
12-06-2016, 11:37 PM
"What is Gerald Lauer doing in the impact zone!?"

*Brian Christopher Sr.

SlickyTrickyDamon
12-07-2016, 12:13 AM
Jerry Lawler's recent heel run was actually a breath of fresh air. He was way better than Mauro Ranallo. I think it was time to move away from him, but he could have still worked in a managerial role. That being said, it's nice that he'll still get to host the Hall of Fame and such -- he'll feel more special.

It's a shame that we won't get a Jerry Lawler shoot interview though. I bet he's got lots to say.

Mauro and King were not in the same job. Can't compare the two.

hb2k
12-07-2016, 04:28 AM
Also of note is that the same thing has happened to Lita, which I consider a more charitable thing for the public that anything Be A Star or Make A Wish has ever produced.

DAMN iNATOR
12-07-2016, 06:37 AM
Look, I realize this might come off as cruel, but honestly, it's for the best for all sides involved. Does any fan or anyone employed and/or associated with WWE want to re-live the heart attack he had in the ring during a match?

I wish him all the best, and hope he will use this time to retire and spend time with friends and loved ones. Life is too short.

DAMN iNATOR
12-07-2016, 06:40 AM

He was OK in his more recent years, but I just got so damn sick of his "Uncle Jerry" stuff he would always say about or even to the female superstars...it's like we get it dude...you're probably well into your 60's with the libido of a teenager. Can't you just keep those thoughts to yourself about 75-80% of the time?

Big Vic
12-07-2016, 08:35 AM
Look, I realize this might come off as cruel, but honestly, it's for the best for all sides involved. Does any fan or anyone employed and/or associated with WWE want to re-live the heart attack he had in the ring during a match?

What?

Blonde Moment
12-07-2016, 08:41 AM

I wish him all the best, and hope he will use this time to retire and spend time with friends and loved ones. Life is too short.

He was announcing, not in the ring.

Gerard
12-07-2016, 11:11 AM
He was announcing, not in the ring.

He has said though that it was most likely Zigglers numerous elbows that triggered it. Probably just luck it didn't happen in the ring.

Big Vic
12-07-2016, 11:22 AM
Do people think he is honestly going to wrestle again for WWE?

Destor
He has said though that it was most likely Zigglers numerous elbows that triggered it. Probably just luck it didn't happen in the ring.
Since he's a medical expert, right?

Destor
Do people think he is honestly going to wrestle again for WWE?
Theyve let him wrestle on his birthday every year since like forever

Gerard
12-07-2016, 11:27 AM
Since he's a medical expert, right?

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/gsvjKWWIB7A" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Go to 7:20, according to him his cardiologist told him that the elbows were probably the cause.

RP
12-07-2016, 11:39 AM
Why would you assume he didn't mean exactly what he said?

Is there a Lawler fucking a underage girl incident that i dont know about?

Ol Dirty Dastard
12-07-2016, 12:04 PM

no I mean underaged lol

Innovator
12-07-2016, 12:05 PM
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/gsvjKWWIB7A" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Go to 7:20, according to him his cardiologist told him that the elbows were probably the cause.

Let's just gloss over the 40 years of McDonalds

XL
12-07-2016, 12:36 PM
Is there a Lawler fucking a underage girl incident that i dont know about?
In 1993, Lawler was indicted on charges of allegedly raping a 15-year-old girl, which caused him to miss Survivor Series 1993.[73] The charges were later dropped, after the girl admitted she fabricated some of the story.

erickman
12-07-2016, 12:49 PM
Time for him to go to new Japan put him back with jr

Stickman
12-07-2016, 01:23 PM
Its about 10 years too late. Lawler was gold on the mic then he just started to phone it in.

Big Vic
12-07-2016, 01:46 PM
Theyve let him wrestle on his birthday every year since like forever
He hasn't wrestled for WWE since that Tag match.

SlickyTrickyDamon
12-07-2016, 02:31 PM
In 1993, Lawler was indicted on charges of allegedly raping a 15-year-old girl, which caused him to miss Survivor Series 1993.[73] The charges were later dropped, after the girl admitted she fabricated some of the story.

Why do people bring this up when the family lied about it?

XL
12-07-2016, 02:35 PM
No smoke without fire? Paid off the family?

KIRA
12-07-2016, 04:13 PM

REALLY? I mean hell Lawler on commentary was golden back in the day

But now where the likes of JBL and Cole sound forced (and Saxton is miserable) Lawler sounds like he's just going through the motions and doesn't give a fuck his jokes are terrible and he's been that way for a long time now He comes off as very much a shell of his former self.

It was getting sad. I hope he has a nice life trolling for Catholic HS girls.

Mr. Nerfect
12-08-2016, 03:16 AM
Mauro and King were not in the same job. Can't compare the two.

Sorry, I meant to say better WITH Mauro Ranallo. Just a mistake on my behalf. I liked that tandem more than any post-draft SmackDown combination.

Big Vic
12-08-2016, 08:53 AM
Why do people bring this up when the family lied about it?

No smoke without fire? Paid off the family?
XL beats children.

Alright guys now that someone said it, in the future we must quote it like it is truth.

XL
12-08-2016, 03:43 PM
Hey, I'm just pointing out why some people might still mention it. I'm not saying it's fair/right.