PDA

View Full Version : SCG Radio 2016 Christmas Show~!

hb2k
12-19-2016, 05:08 AM
Just a heads up for everyone who's a regular listener - we're doing our annual Christmas show tomorrow evening, which will be a mailbag episode, so if you have a question, topic of discussion, Year End Awards you'd like to give or anything of the sort, you can drop it in here. Definitely wanted everyone to have a chance to get involved if you'd like to, and I'll post the show in here, most likely on Wednesday...

Mr. Nerfect
12-20-2016, 02:14 AM
Thanks for helping make the year of wrestling so bearable. A few possible areas for discussion:

* I'd like to know if there is a popular opinion circulating around the smark cosmos that you personally disagree with. Is Matt Hardy truly a genius? Is Chris Jericho's list really the shits? Is it just me or is women's wrestling just the same as it always was, except now they smile and give the thumbs up when they talk about it? And is it just me or is Alexa Bliss still really terrible?

* I'm also curious to know if there is anybody on the current roster that you think has got a legitimate shot of being a star down the line. Your timelines have highlighted that The Rock had some questionable booking thrown in his way that he just powered right through being the great man and future President of the United States that he is. Is there anyone with the sure-fire talent and charisma to overcome those sorts of terrible booking decisions today? Up until a few weeks ago, I'd have said Rusev. There's something about that man that stands out. He very rarely does the "kick out of everybody's finishers" and seems to be somewhat bulletproof in making whatever the WWE gives him somewhat entertaining. I think once he drops the anachronistic "evil foreigner" shtick, or at least dials it back a bit, there is a charisma there that he is talented enough to back up.

* Who has 2016 helped and hurt the most? You can call the positive award "The James Ellsworth's Autograph Line at Future Indy Conventions Award" and the negative one "The Ambrose." Or the Dolphy. Or the Tony Cesaro. Or...OK, basically anyone. Sorry to be so negative at Christmas. I'm not drunk yet, but will be getting so as I listen to your show.

* Hey Karl, how do you feel about a potential Wyatt Family vs. Brothers of Destruction SmackDown Tag Team Title match at WrestleMania? They have to be protecting the Christmas Creature for something, right? Merry Christmas and apologies for suggesting that.

Mr. Nerfect
12-20-2016, 02:19 AM
Oh, and I would like to hear your predictions for WrestleMania and 2017 in general.

Mr. Nerfect
12-20-2016, 02:23 AM
What are your thoughts on the current champions in WWE, and do you think they are the best people for the job?

hb2k
12-23-2016, 01:51 PM
Squared Circle Gazette Radio is back this week for our 2016 Christmas Show! We take to the mailbag for your Year End Awards and general topics of discussion, talking everything from WWE's UK Title and the World of Sport return to most embarrassing moments as a fan, overlooked storylines, the diamonds of 2016, favourite pieces of merchandise, least favourite wrestlers ever, an overview of the product today and going forward and the main pitfalls, as well as plenty of fun banter about the panel's interactions in the world of wrestling. In addition, we toss out a few predictions for the year ahead and wish you all a Merry Christmas and Happy New Year wherever you are across the world!

https://squaredcirclegazette.podbean.com/mf/download/yvjp6b/SCG_Radio_107_-_The_2016_Christmas_Show.mp3

And as a final thought, I just want to thank everybody on the forum who listened or contributed throughout 2016, it really makes it so fun to do and it's very much appreciated.

Mr. Nerfect
12-23-2016, 09:00 PM
Another great listen. Well, I haven't finished yet -- I've been savoring the final discussion point.

Ha! I caught the Basham reference by Kieran. Hey, no one knows where he is to confirm if he's even retired or not, so the dream is not over yet.

Big Vic
12-27-2016, 04:21 PM
Aww I missed this, would have loved to ask some Tommy Dreamer related questions.

Mr. Nerfect
12-28-2016, 05:09 PM
There will always be more chances to bring up Tommy Dreamer.