PDA

View Full Version : "Surprise/Guest" Rumble entrants

Blue Demon
01-28-2017, 08:46 AM
Who do you think will, or hope makes, a surprise entrance at the Rumble? Some "safe bet" entrants on my list are Samoa Joe, Shinsuke Nakamura and Kurt Angle. A long shot pick is Kenny Omega.

#1-norm-fan
01-28-2017, 09:52 AM
I can see a situation where the clock ticks down with Lesnar the only man standing in the ring and Goldberg's music hits. The crowd pops, Lesnar smiles and gets ready for the big showdown... and out comes Gillberg.

Ruien
01-28-2017, 11:41 AM
Kurt Angle is the only one that matters.

A.J.K
01-28-2017, 11:59 AM
I would like to see Tye Dillinger enter at the #10 spot.

Blue Demon
01-28-2017, 02:37 PM
I would like to see Tye Dillinger enter at the #10 spot.

I keep seeing this...what's the significance of 10 again? :?:

Heyman
01-28-2017, 04:29 PM
Who do you think will, or hope makes, a surprise entrance at the Rumble? Some "safe bet" entrants on my list are Samoa Joe, Shinsuke Nakamura and Kurt Angle. A long shot pick is Kenny Omega.

I'll be shocked if Kurt Angle isn't a surprise entrant.

KIRA
01-28-2017, 04:49 PM

Tye Dillinger is known as the perfect 10.

Emperor Smeat
01-28-2017, 05:08 PM
His gimmick is the "Perfect 10" and also uses the number as a taunt to his opponents.

Him debuting at the Rumble as the 10th guy both fits really well with his gimmick and makes it special than just randomly showing up one day like everyone else.

Evil Vito
01-28-2017, 05:18 PM
Dillinger at #10 almost feels too predictable at this point, but if they don't do it I could see the crowd shitting on whoever comes out at that spot unless it's Taker or Goldberg or something

ozzman6669
01-28-2017, 05:58 PM
They should put Jinder Mahal at #10 and then Dillinger comes out at #11 all pissed off that Mahal stole is spot !

Damian Rey 2.0
01-28-2017, 06:05 PM
Instant feud fit Dillenger.

Hoping to see Angle and Samoa Joe, honestly. Angle deserves one last in ring moment of they're not gonna give him an actual match.

Lock Jaw
01-28-2017, 06:09 PM
I got Samoa Joe and Tye Dillinger as the only surprise entrants

Maluco
01-28-2017, 06:10 PM
No idea who Tye Dillinger is, so personally hoping he is not one of the surprises.

I would realistically love to see Angle, maybe RVD to get involved in IC ladder mix at Mania and Samoa Joe as the only NXT guy to get all the attention.

I am guessing we won't get any "legends" back because there are only so many spots now with the brand split.

If there were, it might be cool to have nWo as one entry, clean the ring of a few lesser guys, then have Goldberg enter to run through them. Stupid little thing, but I would mark.

Ol Dirty Dastard
01-28-2017, 06:12 PM
RDD is kind of old and slow now though, could kind of do without him.

Lock Jaw
01-28-2017, 06:15 PM
If RVD returns, I riot

Maluco
01-28-2017, 06:17 PM
Not fussed on DVD either tbh, but am a sucker for a surprise return at the Rumble and couldn't think of anyone else..

Lock Jaw
01-28-2017, 06:19 PM
Christian should make a surprise entry (and win)

drave
01-28-2017, 06:23 PM
Christian should make a surprise entry (and win)

blue dot christian only!

Mr. Nerfect
01-28-2017, 06:40 PM
Tye Dillinger as #11 or 12. Get the crowd riled up that he's not there, then have him come out and the crowd will be even hotter for it having been worked. He can also toss #10 and maybe Dolph Ziggler as well too and actually have a showing that makes him look good.

* Jinder Mahal and Tye Dillinger take you up to 24 entrants.

Apollo Crews is probably going to get in there, as is Kalisto. They are SmackDown guys that weren't in the Battle Royal that Mojo won. Jack Swagger wasn't in there either, but I can't see him making the cut. Kane isn't advertised, but he'll be in.

* Apollo Crews, Kalisto and Kane take you up to 27 entrants.

Mark Henry should be in there to split some wigs.

* 28 entrants.

I honestly want to see Curtis Axel do an Axelmania spot for comedy. Have him get tossed by Brock Lesnar in seconds or something. Brock and Axel are friends and it'd be a nice moment for Axel. The last guy is probably James Ellsworth to do something with Braun Strowman.

So the answer to this question is really: Tye Dillinger

Mr. Nerfect
01-28-2017, 06:41 PM
This leaves American Alpha free, so I'd throw them into a SmackDown Tag Team Championship match. The Fashion Police or The Usos could have a good showing with them. There's absolutely no build to that though.

Mercenary
01-28-2017, 07:01 PM
Tye Dillinger is known as the perfect 10.

The perfect jobber more like it

Ruien
01-28-2017, 07:09 PM
Feel weird that I never heard of this guy but everyone is talking about him like he is popular.

Mercenary
01-28-2017, 07:11 PM
Feel weird that I never heard of this guy but everyone is talking about him like he is popular.

He is if you like over hyped jobbers

Sixx
01-28-2017, 07:12 PM
angle is back in wwe?

huh.

Mr. Nerfect
01-28-2017, 07:17 PM
He's an NXT guy, and because everything gets over in that fish bowl, Tye is pretty over. He took your basic narcissist gimmick and made it something a bit cheekier and a tiny bit more endearing than other acts. He started off as a heel, but now he's well and truly embraced as a babyface who expects himself to be at a certain level and is going to leave it every time he is out there to be a 10/10.

He's a solid wrestler. The ironic love for the gimmick will never carry him through and make him a top star, but objectively speaking, the talent behind the gimmick could be something with a sincere push. He's tall handsome dude. He's got no problem talking and it seems like he can add his own shit in organically. His matches are never amazing, but they are consistently solid for the WWE style.

He was Shawn Spears in OVW and Gavin Spears in ECW. The difference between him now and then is worthy enough of him being given a shot in its own right. But he is also constantly credited for being one of the most useful guys to get in the ring with in NXT (I think Kevin Owens and Kassius Ohno have both gone public with that) and while his "mentor" role in developmental is valuable, with Ohno now being back, I think it'd be a good thing to give Dillinger a push to sort of pop the boys he's helped out and to give him a bit more "cred" down there. It could be good for morale too -- good work gets you places.

The very worst thing that happens is that Dillinger is just like everybody else. A fun act in NXT that flops on the main roster when you have to see it every week interacting with other stale acts, and he becomes a solid mid-card guy used to enhance the flavor of the month to get them ready for the PPV we've seen a million times before.

I think he'd be a lot more interesting in this Dolph Ziggler feud than Apollo Crews.

Maluco
01-28-2017, 07:32 PM
He's a solid wrestler. The ironic love for the gimmick will never carry him through and make him a top star, but objectively speaking, the talent behind the gimmick could be something with a sincere push. He's tall handsome dude. He's got no problem talking and it seems like he can add his own shit in organically. His matches are never amazing, but they are consistently solid for the WWE style.

Could have written this word for word about Tyler Breeze to be honest.

I get what you are saying about him, it is a lottery who gets over from NXT, I don't think it works as a prep territory for that reason, but that's a debate for another day.

It might seem harsh, but if it is giving this guy a chance vs an appearance by Apollo Crews, Jinder Mahal or throwing in a member of a random tag team, might as well see how he does.

DAMN lNATOR
01-28-2017, 07:47 PM
https://familyguyaddicts.files.wordpress.com/2014/04/mv5bmtm5mtk0mdc4of5bml5banbnxkftztcwmdc2mti0nw-_v1__sx1207_sy520_.jpg

Mr. Nerfect
01-28-2017, 07:49 PM
I was thinking of Tyler Breeze as I said that, haha. To be fair, Breeze is really fucking tiny. When you had Fandango basically doing a similar thing, Miz doing his "money-maker" thing and Dolph also being on the main roster -- the cocky, brash good-looking guy quotient was filled. It's amazing what a good presentation Breeze was in NXT versus main roster WWE though. That being said, he's still there and he's actually very entertaining swinging from the branch he's caught.

I really like The Fashion Police tag team. I wish they'd use to to renovate Fandango a little bit though. That gimmick is dead and it's time to change him up a bit. Call him "Danny Freeze" or something. It's dumb, but I can imagine Johnny Curtis making it highly entertaining. Breeze & Freeze -- The Fashion Police.

Ol Dirty Dastard
01-28-2017, 07:51 PM
really tempted to red dot Damn Inator for his recent string of family guy picture posts but don't want to be mean.

Mr. Nerfect
01-28-2017, 07:59 PM
The only posters I neg rep are mike adamle and CyNick. Oh, and once thecc or whatever his name is because the anti-Cornette stuff was super annoying because it lacked any logic or comprehension. Anyone else can call me a cock-bag and it's whatever.

Ruien
01-28-2017, 08:01 PM
Merc neg reaped me the other day :(

Mr. Nerfect
01-28-2017, 08:04 PM
Aww. :(

Mr. Nerfect
01-28-2017, 08:05 PM
I don't check my rep. I wonder how many people neg'd me for talking shit about shitty Matt Hardy and his shitty backyard shit.

Sixx
01-28-2017, 08:08 PM
i don't ever neg rep.

i'd rather just post about how retarded a post i don't like was.

Mr. Nerfect
01-28-2017, 08:08 PM
Yeah, that's usually the way to do it. :y:

Mr. Nerfect
01-28-2017, 08:09 PM
Also, fuck you, Sixx.

Heyman
01-28-2017, 08:11 PM
Dillinger at #10 almost feels too predictable at this point, but if they don't do it I could see the crowd shitting on whoever comes out at that spot unless it's Taker or Goldberg or something

Most fans in the WWE don't know who Dillinger is? The crowd most certainly won't "shit on it" if this Dillinger douche doesn't come out at 10.

At best, you'll get a half dozen IWC fat fucks in the crowd cheering if Dillinger's music hits.

Sixx
01-28-2017, 08:12 PM
Also, fuck you, Sixx.

retarded post!

Cool King
01-28-2017, 08:12 PM
Ryback.

Why else would he suddenly pull out of his main attraction spot at 5 Star Wrestling?

Mr. Nerfect
01-28-2017, 08:14 PM
Most fans in the WWE don't know who Dillinger is? The crowd most certainly won't "shit on it" if this Dillinger douche doesn't come out at 10.

At best, you'll get a half dozen IWC fat fucks in the crowd cheering if Dillinger's music hits.

Nah, it's changed now. All that are left are internet smarks who, granted, probably don't watch NXT every week, but love pretending they get the in-joke. Hence you get little ironic things that get half-over for a week.

The crowd will be doing the "10" thing at the Rumble and they will be expecting Tye to come out.

Mr. Nerfect
01-28-2017, 08:15 PM
Let me clarify: The "10" shtick is more over than Dillinger himself is. You know how people say that the "Feed me more" chants were more over than Ryback himself and they are correct? Or that they say that the fans just liked chanting "YES!" when Daniel Bryan was around and they are dirty and wrong? It's true in the case of Dillinger. But he's good.

Jazzy Foot
01-28-2017, 09:45 PM
Samoa Joe, Kurt Angle, maybe Austin Aries.

Mick Foley perhaps?

Sting Fan
01-28-2017, 11:31 PM
Paying for my first WWE PPV in years for these things in no particular order...

- AJ Styles
- A chance of Kurt Angle
- A chance of Samoa Joe
- The Rumble is normally a fun/nostalgic look into whats going on for someone who is and almost completely disengaged viewer.

RP
01-28-2017, 11:32 PM
ARN ANDERSON!

Sixx
01-28-2017, 11:42 PM
chris benoit

Droford
01-29-2017, 12:19 AM
Daniel Bryan

Lock Jaw
01-29-2017, 12:33 AM
Paying for my first WWE PPV in years for these things in no particular order...

- AJ Styles
- A chance of Kurt Angle
- A chance of Samoa Joe
- The Rumble is normally a fun/nostalgic look into whats going on for someone who is and almost completely disengaged viewer.

Paying for it? Did you buy it on PPV, or what? You know, they made this WWE Network thing.......