PDA

View Full Version : Defend HHH

Hanso Amore
03-07-2017, 09:34 PM
Sting finally show up, HHH goes over, Rollins goes over

Goldberg shows up again, goes over Lesnar twice, squashes your champ, takes the belt to mania.

Guarantee you if you flipped the WCW guys stingnwould have been champ and HHH would have beat Goldberg in a onenoff.

Try to tell me this isn't a HhH choosing himself over business like he did with Punk.

Ruien
03-07-2017, 09:40 PM
Owens was a mid card act holding the title. Title is way better off him.

Destor
03-07-2017, 09:58 PM
Goldberg is going under soon.

SlickyTrickyDamon
03-07-2017, 10:40 PM
Owens was a mid card act holding the title. Title is way better off him.

Not any better than who has it now. Hasn't had a real match since 2004. Still hasn't even though he has had 3 PPV paychecks.

Ruien
03-07-2017, 10:44 PM
Not any better than who has it now. Hasn't had a real match since 2004. Still hasn't even though he has had 3 PPV paychecks.

Yup. He was in fake matches. :|

DAMN iNATOR
03-07-2017, 10:56 PM
Goldberg is going under soon.

Yep. Unless something major changes, Lesnar is winning the belt at WM 33.

Swiss Ultimate
03-07-2017, 11:51 PM
HHH let Daniel Bryan beat him.

Tom Guycott
03-08-2017, 01:15 AM
Defend HHH

No.

Jordan
03-08-2017, 02:00 AM
I don't understand what you are implying about Triple H.

Watch his match at WM he will be one of the top three workers on the show. He's huge, his physique is incredible, he has over 20 years of history in WWE and can work better now than he did in 95. If you think Triple H winning anything is for ego, I'd encourage you to look at the bigger picture. Booker or not, Triple H the character is one of the biggest characters in the history of WWE, bar none, and he can still go... so why not be a focal point?

Volare
03-08-2017, 03:12 AM
I just imagine in my head this is what WOULD'VE happened to Sting with no injury.

Maluco
03-08-2017, 07:41 AM
I don't understand what you are implying about Triple H.

Watch his match at WM he will be one of the top three workers on the show. He's huge, his physique is incredible, he has over 20 years of history in WWE and can work better now than he did in 95. If you think Triple H winning anything is for ego, I'd encourage you to look at the bigger picture. Booker or not, Triple H the character is one of the biggest characters in the history of WWE, bar none, and he can still go... so why not be a focal point?

Have to agree with this. Triple H was more valuable going forward as a Mania performer. He is still only in his mid-40' and has a super match with Daniel Bryan, putting the right person over at the right time.

Sting was mid fifties at the time of the match and any appearance could have been his last (which the next big one was)

I don't think it is smart how they have used Goldberg, but he is over and he is in great shape, plus he didn't beat a star for the title.

I still think Owens and Jericho deserves the big match, and I still feel like that kind of story, being a highlighted match, is how you make stars. It could have been emotional and a massive deal for world title.

But HHH vs Sting? HHH Def still had the more mileage going forward. Needs to win sometimes or his worth starts to deteriorate. So better to sacrifice 56 year old Sting than a new potential star.

The CyNick
03-08-2017, 09:33 AM
Will probably go down as having the biggest impact on WWE history other than Vince. Incredible talent, even better human being.

Big Vic
03-08-2017, 09:35 AM
Will probably go down as having the biggest impact on WWE history other than Vince. Incredible talent, even better human being.
Lol, what?

Jordan
03-08-2017, 09:54 AM
If this conversation is about Sting and HHH, I understand the initial disagreement with the result. However, looking back, it was the right move. Sting wasn't going to move business, so Triple H taking that win, however tainted it was, was totally fine. Because Triple H is going to put over young guys. Plus, Vince made that call not Triple H. I'm sure Triple H was willing to job.

erickman
03-08-2017, 11:03 AM
sting should have wrestled cody and trips should have done something else cody would have put sting over and people would be happy.

Destor
03-08-2017, 11:28 AM
sting should have wrestled cody and trips should have done something else cody would have put sting over and people would be happy.
That match would have made all the monies :lol:

Jordan
03-08-2017, 11:49 AM
Cody? Give me a break.:roll:

The MAC
03-08-2017, 12:26 PM
Can't do it he is a Mid-carder level wrestler who sucked up to Nash, Hall and Michaels when they wielded power. He then married the bosses daughter.

He is average in the ring and a boring promo. The one thing he can never do is draw sympathy from the audience. He will always and forever be 4/10

Big Vic
03-08-2017, 12:48 PM
Remember when he gave that emotional "retirement" promo after Brock "broke" his arm and people chanted at him "You tapped out"? lol

Emperor Smeat
03-08-2017, 07:05 PM
Remember when he gave that emotional "retirement" promo after Brock "broke" his arm and people chanted at him "You tapped out"? lol

Best part was them trying to redoing that promo moment the next night and the crowd still trashed it.

Ol Dirty Dastard
03-08-2017, 08:59 PM

Fucking mark

Ol Dirty Dastard
03-08-2017, 09:00 PM
Can't do it he is a Mid-carder level wrestler who sucked up to Nash, Hall and Michaels when they wielded power. He then married the bosses daughter.

He is average in the ring and a boring promo. The one thing he can never do is draw sympathy from the audience. He will always and forever be 4/10

And this post gets a perfect 5/7

#1-norm-fan
03-09-2017, 07:03 PM

Will never forget when he tapped out to Lesnar and then after the match, as he stood up alone in the ring in what was supposed to be this big dramatic moment, the crowd started chanting "You tapped out!" and he said "I'm sorry" as if they were saying it sympathetically. lol

Swiss Ultimate
03-09-2017, 07:09 PM
I never watched the match where he jobbed to Lesnar. Hmmm...

James Steele
03-10-2017, 12:22 AM
I've done this countless times in countless threads. Look through many of my old posts and behold the truth as it consumes your soul. Good day, sir.

#BROKEN Hasney
03-10-2017, 05:55 AM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr"><a href="https://twitter.com/davemeltzerWON">@davemeltzerWON</a> Why did the kurt angle steph love storyline end abruptly?</p>&mdash; kapil (@sharma9562) <a href="https://twitter.com/sharma9562/status/840039978692411396">March 10, 2017</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">HHH told the writers that it wouldn't be believable that a woman would leave him for Kurt, and thus, for credibility's sake, it had to end <a href="https://t.co/P2rz8ByifO">https://t.co/P2rz8ByifO</a></p>&mdash; Dave Meltzer (@davemeltzerWON) <a href="https://twitter.com/davemeltzerWON/status/840040504091918337">March 10, 2017</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Ol Dirty Dastard
03-10-2017, 07:40 AM
AHAHAHAAHAHA

Ol Dirty Dastard
03-10-2017, 07:42 AM
I always love the story of how when Kurt was champ HHH was saying how he didn't deserve it in a creative meeting, and Jerry Brisco was like "Well, can you outwrestle him and take it off of him?" and HHH just went "no" and sat down.

I'm sure that's not how it actually went but it's what I heard lol

Maluco
03-10-2017, 08:10 AM
All I know is, WWE would kill for a 30 year old HHH on the roster right now.

He may not be THE very top tier, but he is at least 8/10 in every aspect of the business, look, personality, in ring ability, mic work.

His politics and reputation have hurt him, but as a pure worker, he is miles in front of any of the current guys bar Cena.

Ol Dirty Dastard
03-10-2017, 08:24 AM
I'd say the one thing that stands out about him is his look. He actually looks WAY better with the short hair IMO, fucking intimidating and 270 pounds of muscle.

10/10 for look and 8/10 for sheer presence (some guys have look but don't have a "presence") , 7/10 "worker" and 6/10 promo(he can cut a great promo but they're usually way too long and they serve 0 purpose).

In 2000 he was 9/10 as a worker but never came close to regaining that kind of form after the quad injury. Not to say there weren't shining moments.

Swiss Ultimate
03-10-2017, 10:37 PM
I'd say the one thing that stands out about him is his look. He actually looks WAY better with the short hair IMO, fucking intimidating and 270 pounds of muscle.

10/10 for look and 8/10 for sheer presence (some guys have look but don't have a "presence") , 7/10 "worker" and 6/10 promo(he can cut a great promo but they're usually way too long and they serve 0 purpose).

In 2000 he was 9/10 as a worker but never came close to regaining that kind of form after the quad injury. Not to say there weren't shining moments.

My thoughts too.

owenbrown
03-11-2017, 06:13 PM
I've done this countless times in countless threads. Look through many of my old posts and behold the truth as it consumes your soul. Good day, sir.

#LIVETHEGIMMICK

Black Widow
03-11-2017, 07:20 PM
How about defending the boring as hell indy guys the internet creams themselves over instead?

No need to defend AJ cause he's actually entertaining.

Ol Dirty Dastard
03-11-2017, 09:19 PM
When I say "worker" I don't just mean "mechanic", honestly as a mechanic he is fantastic, but his matches can often be incredibly boring.

A.J.K
03-11-2017, 09:23 PM

RaginRonic
03-12-2017, 12:51 AM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Cg5PXbqU0AAWzqc.jpg

The one on the right was a better world champion than Paul/H ever was.

> = )

SlickyTrickyDamon
03-12-2017, 12:57 AM
If you said the left you'd still be wrong.

RaginRonic
03-12-2017, 01:10 AM
If you said the left you'd still be wrong.

http://ecwfrenchtribute.free.fr/HTLM/Photos/T/The_Ultimate_Warrior/The_Ultimate_Warrior_-_James_Hellwig_01.jpg

I know THIS guy was better than H at this role.

> = P

Swiss Ultimate
03-12-2017, 12:16 PM
I like the Pedigree too.

owenbrown
03-12-2017, 01:10 PM

> = )

http://ecwfrenchtribute.free.fr/HTLM/Photos/T/The_Ultimate_Warrior/The_Ultimate_Warrior_-_James_Hellwig_01.jpg

I know THIS guy was better than H at this role.

> = P

http://s2.quickmeme.com/img/57/5752973c2789c585f6c5191b3a55b846fb37ac0129579253a423f950efcb82d7.jpg

Swiss Ultimate
03-12-2017, 01:19 PM
It's not a chemistry paper. It's pretty clear.

The MAC
03-12-2017, 04:42 PM
Lol. Remember when wwe instructed game review sites not to feature screenshots of hhh in a weak position. How pathetic.

Swiss Ultimate
03-12-2017, 11:20 PM
Lol. Remember when wwe instructed game review sites not to feature screenshots of hhh in a weak position. How pathetic.

That happened?

DAMN iNATOR
03-12-2017, 11:20 PM
Warrior's final speech on RAW the night before his passing just gets to me every time I watch it, if I can make it through it without getting extremely emotional...so haunting...I know there's plenty of people who will disagree, and I've said it before, but it seemed like a very "out-of-character" speech for him, and I still believe he at least had to have some clue that his time was close to up, and wouldn't be surprised if he asked Vince for the time that night, so he could say his final "goodbye" to the fans.

Tom Guycott
03-13-2017, 02:58 AM

> = )

Actually, this pic makes me walk back my previous staunch "no".

Hunter *did* stop using the Diamond Cutter (the original Pedigree) when DDP asked him to because it was pretty much his gimmick.

HHH could have just said "Fuck you, and WCW!" and kept at it instead of switching up to the double underhook deal everyone knows it as today. So, I'll give him that.

The MAC
03-13-2017, 07:01 AM
That happened?

http://www.ign.com/boards/threads/so-apparantly-triple-h-has-to-get-over-in-video-games-as-well.170995566/

ENJOY :D

Swiss Ultimate
03-13-2017, 12:34 PM
I wish I could get my hands on the actual memo, but yeah, looks like Vince McMahon wanted to 'protect' Triple H.

Pretty weird since most people end up beating up on the guy with their CAW eventually.