PDA

View Full Version : WWE releases Mauro Ranallo

slik
04-22-2017, 01:35 PM
http://www.tpww.net/2017/04/mauro-ranallo-officially-gone-from-wwe/

Mauro Ranallo is officially gone from WWE, per Newsweek. Dave Meltzer of the Wrestling Observer reported earlier this week both sides were in talks but that the agreement would like come with terms where he could not badmouth JBL or WWE, and it looks like Meltzer was correct.

http://www.newsweek.com/exclusive-mauro-ranallo-wwe-part-ways-588181

“WWE and I have mutually agreed to part ways. It has nothing to do with JBL,” Ranallo told Newsweek by email. A WWE spokesperson confirmed Ranallo’s exit and said he will remain under contract through August 12.

In a statement to Newsweek, Layfield said he was just playing up his character as a bad guy. “Admittedly, I took part in locker room pranks that existed within the industry years ago. WWE addressed my behavior and I responded accordingly, yet my past is being brought up because of recent unfounded rumors. I apologize if anything I said playing ‘the bad guy’ on a TV show was misconstrued.”

Additionally a WWE spokesperson said: “As part of our commitment to creating an inclusive environment, in April 2011, WWE launched our anti-bullying campaign, Be a STAR, which encourages young people to treat each other with tolerance and respect".

Rammsteinmad
04-22-2017, 01:44 PM
This is a shame, really liked his commentary. Sounded very genuine and sincere and as much as Vince or WWE or whoever may hate him breaking out Japanese references or old-school or Mexican or whatever references, I felt it gave the WWE programming a more legit "feel".

Lock Jaw
04-22-2017, 01:45 PM
Too bad..... while I do think he was overrated here, and definitely should not have been "lead commentator" on a show, he did add something, especially after he started toning himself down at least somewhat.

Also sucks to leave under the circumstances of being "bullied" and having "mental health issues"

Bad News Gertner
04-22-2017, 01:53 PM
So money was more important than taking a stand against the bully culture in the WWE.

What a little bitch. Zero respect.

Simple Fan
04-22-2017, 02:00 PM
I liked Mauro but he really didnt fit WWE's style. Wish he would have at least got to call a Wrestlemania match but that's his fault. Lost some respect for him though as well due to this "bullying" thing.

XL
04-22-2017, 03:10 PM
Liked his work for the most part. You can keep your "Mamma Mia!" and your "Things are about to get...LIT!"

The CyNick
04-22-2017, 06:13 PM
So I guess the made up story about JBL was made up.

blake639raw
04-22-2017, 07:37 PM
So I guess the made up story about JBL was made up. Or the more likely scenario, the WWE is trying to cover this shit up to save face.

Emperor Smeat
04-22-2017, 07:44 PM
Bit of a shame since WWE no longer has a reason or motivation to change the backstage problems involving JBL and his type remaining there.

Then again whole company probably would have needed to be rehauled considering how deep the bullying stuff supposedly went.

Ol Dirty Dastard
04-22-2017, 07:46 PM
As much as i dislike bradshaw and vince nobody will know what happened. They likely compensated him handsomely andd if there was misconduct one can hope they will review how they go about treating employees.

Maluco
04-22-2017, 07:49 PM
I think JBL got singled out for what was a dislike for Ranallo within management and other staff. JBL's reputation has preceded him here but i don't think he has done anything heinous on this occasion.

He came from a culture of hazing and hard man rasslers but seems to have left that in the past. I think Mauro has rubbed certain people the wrong way and then hasn't been able to handle the jibes and probably childish criticism that came along with that.

It's sad, and noone should have to suffer in the workplace, but clashes/rivalries/gossip happens in every workplace all over the world. It sucks, but it happens and i don't think singling out JBL is the right thing to do.

Hopefully the whole thing makes WWE more aware that this sort of thing is better left in the past.

Bad News Gertner
04-22-2017, 08:01 PM
Hmmmm so it had nothin to do with JBL

Suck my mother fucking dick. JBL=GOD

mike adamle
04-22-2017, 08:18 PM
Mauro sounds like this new guy at work that wants to fit in but gets upset when you bust his balls when all we do to each other is bust balls

#BROKEN Hasney
04-22-2017, 08:33 PM
WWE paid him not to talk about how bad things were, yet JBL is apparently not at fault. Weird how they would just throw money down the drain.

https://static5.comicvine.com/uploads/square_medium/11115/111150029/3679686-cm+punk+1.gif

Anyway, it's a shame. Smackdown now has the 3 worst announcers and it really hurts the show.

Bad News Gertner
04-22-2017, 08:56 PM
Destor and I await your apologies

Ol Dirty Dastard
04-22-2017, 10:19 PM
Nothing will ever get revealed about what happened. Don Callous explained it in a way that I liked. JBL LIKES being the guy to dole out the punishment because he is an unmitigated dickhead (by MOST accounts, though he does have plenty of friends... who'll kind of hint at the same thing). But he is prodded to do it by Vince. He wears those colours proudly and if he has to eat shit for it, even if it's something minor then who gives a fuck. Live by the sword die by the sword.

To me it sounds more like Mauro was not treated well by Vince because Vince is a fuckhead to all of his commentators and eventually wants them all to be Michael Cole (or just himself when he was a commentator). By the sounds of it, Vince would be really hard to work for as a commentator and could easily push someone over the edge.

If all the rumours are true, the bigger problem is the toxic culture (this doesn't just have to do with Mauro, but others who've spoken out).

Ol Dirty Dastard
04-22-2017, 10:19 PM
And the "toxic culture" is more of a get with the times thing. These days this type of shit is carny and doesn't fly.

SlickyTrickyDamon
04-22-2017, 11:41 PM
WWE paid him not to talk about how bad things were, yet JBL is apparently not at fault. Weird how they would just throw money down the drain.

https://static5.comicvine.com/uploads/square_medium/11115/111150029/3679686-cm+punk+1.gif

Anyway, it's a shame. Smackdown now has the 3 worst announcers and it really hurts the show.

Two, the Face that Face-fucks the place is good.

Bad News Gertner
04-23-2017, 01:04 AM
Go ahead. My pants are down. Start sucking.

Jordan
04-23-2017, 01:15 AM
*falls to knees with a thump, gently lifts Gertner's small limp penis with one hand and gingerly leans forward with gaping mouth..."

The CyNick
04-23-2017, 01:52 AM
Or the more likely scenario, the WWE is trying to cover this shit up to save face.

So you think a publicly traded company would try to save JBL? Why? Who is JBL to the company? Makes no sense to protect him if he's done anything wrong.

Mauro said in his own words, it had nothing to do with JBL. Maybe JBLs negative comments helped trigger whatever mental illness he's dealing with, but his comments were nothing outrageous. If there was any actual bullying or whatever the fake news wrestling reporters are claiming, then Mauro could have exposed it. Instead he said very clearly, it had nothing to do with JBL.

If the claim is Mauro took cash from WWE to shut up, well A) that's a very serious allegation to make against a publicly traded company, and the fake news reporters making such an accusation should be forced to release their evidence or face lawsuits for damaging WWEs brand image. And B) Mauro would then be a spineless, gutless cockroach for lining his pockets and in doing so allow future employees to be exposed to JBLs alleged wrongdoings.

The fact is, this is another example of the kind of ambulance chasing, bottom of the barrel reporting that this industry is plagued with. Sad.

The CyNick
04-23-2017, 01:54 AM
Mauro sounds like this new guy at work that wants to fit in but gets upset when you bust his balls when all we do to each other is bust balls

Seen it happen throughout my whole life. There's a difference between ball busting, that all red blooded American men do, and actual bullying or harassment. JBL didn't or hasn't harassed anyone.

The CyNick
04-23-2017, 01:56 AM
Nothing will ever get revealed about what happened. Don Callous explained it in a way that I liked. JBL LIKES being the guy to dole out the punishment because he is an unmitigated dickhead (by MOST accounts, though he does have plenty of friends... who'll kind of hint at the same thing). But he is prodded to do it by Vince. He wears those colours proudly and if he has to eat shit for it, even if it's something minor then who gives a fuck. Live by the sword die by the sword.

To me it sounds more like Mauro was not treated well by Vince because Vince is a fuckhead to all of his commentators and eventually wants them all to be Michael Cole (or just himself when he was a commentator). By the sounds of it, Vince would be really hard to work for as a commentator and could easily push someone over the edge.

If all the rumours are true, the bigger problem is the toxic culture (this doesn't just have to do with Mauro, but others who've spoken out).

How much time have you spent with Vince? You're making a lot of sweeping allegations there bud. Funny how the people who rip Vince are all people who have an axe to grind. Everyone else thinks he's a Father like, beloved figure. Knowing what I know, I would say Vince is a man's man, and those who deserve his respect, get it.

Emperor Smeat
04-23-2017, 02:15 AM
Mauro said in his own words, it had nothing to do with JBL. Maybe JBLs negative comments helped trigger whatever mental illness he's dealing with, but his comments were nothing outrageous. If there was any actual bullying or whatever the fake news wrestling reporters are claiming, then Mauro could have exposed it. Instead he said very clearly, it had nothing to do with JBL.

If the claim is Mauro took cash from WWE to shut up, well A) that's a very serious allegation to make against a publicly traded company, and the fake news reporters making such an accusation should be forced to release their evidence or face lawsuits for damaging WWEs brand image. And B) Mauro would then be a spineless, gutless cockroach for lining his pockets and in doing so allow future employees to be exposed to JBLs alleged wrongdoings.

He's also under a non-disparagement agreement so even if he wanted to, he's not going to risk getting sued for a lot more than whatever the WWE is paying him. Think with Del Rio, his agreement was worth around a million to a few million at most.

If WWE didn't have anything to worry about these allegations, they never would have offered hush money and just let him ride out the rest of his contract like they are doing with Paige. Would have probably even sued him like they are doing with Punk because allegations like these can seriously damage the rep of a company.

DAMN iNATOR
04-23-2017, 02:40 AM

I know, right?! JBL's such an innocent little angel in all this, yet Mauro couldn't speak out against him and conveniently says it had nothing to do with JBL. I call bullshit.

Lock Jaw
04-23-2017, 02:45 AM
Maybe Mauro is just telling the truth, guys..... and it had nothing to do with JBL.

The CyNick
04-23-2017, 10:35 AM
Maybe Mauro is just telling the truth, guys..... and it had nothing to do with JBL.

Nope, gotta be a crazy conspiracy because jock sniffers don't like guys like JBL.

The CyNick
04-23-2017, 10:36 AM
He's also under a non-disparagement agreement so even if he wanted to, he's not going to risk getting sued for a lot more than whatever the WWE is paying him. Think with Del Rio, his agreement was worth around a million to a few million at most.

If WWE didn't have anything to worry about these allegations, they never would have offered hush money and just let him ride out the rest of his contract like they are doing with Paige. Would have probably even sued him like they are doing with Punk because allegations like these can seriously damage the rep of a company.

Agreements like that are standard in many industries. Doesn't mean it's "hush money". In fact a baseless allegation like that could be grounds for a lawsuit. Fortunately youre a nobody, so you're safe.

The CyNick
04-23-2017, 10:45 AM
I know, right?! JBL's such an innocent little angel in all this, yet Mauro couldn't speak out against him and conveniently says it had nothing to do with JBL. I call bullshit.

I guess you are closer to the matter than the person who the alleged harassment was against is? Because that guy said in public it had nothing to do with JBL.

Sixx
04-23-2017, 10:46 AM
No clue who that is.

Ol Dirty Dastard
04-23-2017, 11:11 AM
How much time have you spent with Vince? You're making a lot of sweeping allegations there bud. Funny how the people who rip Vince are all people who have an axe to grind. Everyone else thinks he's a Father like, beloved figure. Knowing what I know, I would say Vince is a man's man, and those who deserve his respect, get it.

I love how much you love Vince McMahon it's fucking hilarious.

Ol Dirty Dastard
04-23-2017, 11:11 AM
Also, what is your podcast I want to listen to it.

DAMN iNATOR
04-23-2017, 12:09 PM
I guess you are closer to the matter than the person who the alleged harassment was against is? Because that guy said in public it had nothing to do with JBL.

People give the media quotes they want all the time for all different reasons. This time, I'm sure it was out of a fear of reprisal.

DAMN iNATOR
04-23-2017, 12:11 PM
No clue who that is.

He's also called some "Showtime on CBS" boxing matches. Don't know much about him other than that, though.

The CyNick
04-23-2017, 12:18 PM
I love how much you love Vince McMahon it's fucking hilarious.

I greatly respect the man, yes. I don't know if it's funny though. I do know that people who know him closely only speak of him in a glowing manner. The people who are working an angle against him talk junk.

The CyNick
04-23-2017, 12:22 PM
People give the media quotes they want all the time for all different reasons. This time, I'm sure it was out of a fear of reprisal.

Yeah but based on what evidence?

What we KNOW about the situation is Mauro won an internet poll. We know JBL called him out publicly for marking out for a meaningless award. We know Mauro has issues with mental illness. We know Mauro wasn't showing up for work. We know Mauro was ultimately released. We know there were rumors that his absence had something to do with JBL harassing or bullying him. We know Mauro came out publicly with a quote saying it had nothing to do with JBL.

Ol Dirty Dastard
04-23-2017, 12:48 PM
I greatly respect the man, yes. I don't know if it's funny though. I do know that people who know him closely only speak of him in a glowing manner. The people who are working an angle against him talk junk.

I just love that you clearly take it very personally and you HAVE to defend him. Not even saying you do a bad job defending him. It's wonderful. You're a gem.

I mean I still think he's a twat. I also think he's a machine of a man, and I respect him, but I believe him to be a giant asshole of a man as well.

Cool King
04-23-2017, 07:30 PM
“It has nothing to do with JBL,” Ranallo told Newsweek.

https://frinkiac.com/gif/S08E11/961059/968350.gif?b64lines=

Cool King
Two, the Face that Face-fucks the place is good.

You're really not letting go of this "face fucking" thing.

You come across as being a bit obsessed by it.

Cool King
But yes, Tom Phillips is good.

Bad News Gertner
04-23-2017, 09:10 PM
Mauro owes JBL an apology for all this undeserved abuse he got

Destor
04-23-2017, 09:13 PM
Sounds like the help Mauro needed wasnt from a doctor he just needed someone to bust out their check book.

Volare
04-24-2017, 02:05 AM
<iframe width="640" height="360" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/ORTlPkgxMBA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

SlickyTrickyDamon
04-24-2017, 02:57 AM
Mauro owes JBL an apology for all this undeserved abuse he got

He did insult Mauro on wwe network about how he re-tweets everything. It's HIS past of bullying that led people to point the finger. Either fans or JBL are to blame not Mauro.

Black Widow
04-24-2017, 07:23 AM
http://stream1.gifsoup.com/view1/4388278/bart-gunn-knocks-out-bradshaw-o.gif

Volare
04-24-2017, 09:23 AM
http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_me5dudBql61rk5wnbo1_400.gif

Bad News Gertner
04-24-2017, 10:29 AM
He did insult Mauro on wwe network about how he re-tweets everything. It's HIS past of bullying that led people to point the finger. Either fans or JBL are to blame not Mauro.

Awww poor bubble wrap Mauro. He needs to tweet out an apology since he's to blame for the bullying JBL is getting.

McLegend
04-24-2017, 08:59 PM
Mauro Ranallo... I wouldn't have seen that coming.

On the surface that sounds like a good idea, but he can talk a lot. I don't know if this going to work in the long run.

I called this in January 2016.

Always thought Mauro Ranallo was too long winded and had too much out of WWE Experience to ever work in WWE.

mike adamle
04-24-2017, 10:54 PM
Wonder how Jim Ross feels about all this. WWE has bullied him countless times and he's just come back. Imagine if after only a few months in Jim Ross left because someone picked on him. And he has bells paulsy or however you spell it. He has to go out in front of a crowd and on tv when half of his face doesn't work. He knows people are going to talk. Does he hear it? Probably. What does he do about it? Ignores it and became one of the best commentators of all time and enjoyed doing it. Mauro just blew his chance for no reason. Kudos on getting the money I guess, if that actually happened.

Emperor Smeat
04-24-2017, 11:44 PM
I'd assume his past experience with this could have played a small role in why he only wanted to come back on a part-time deal. Less BS to worry about if your only there for part of the year.

Think with Ross, it was mostly just Vince who would constantly bully him and mainly because of Vince's twisted sense of humor. Also had the benefit of being higher in the chain of command and respect of the locker room so a lot fewer potential bullies for him to deal with.

If the sheets are correct, Mauro pretty much was dealing with this stuff almost from the start and got worse once Vince soured on him because he suddenly decided on wanting another "Cole" type announcer.

Still don't understand at all at the thinking any of this is Mauro's fault or he's the weakling for leaving WWE's toxic workplace. If anyone blew it, its the WWE for losing out on a high profile announcer because Vince and co. can't stop acting like little children and bullies. Then they wonder why wrestling still has some terrible stigmas attached to it.

Ol Dirty Dastard
04-25-2017, 12:07 AM
Yeah Vince is such a fucking carny and it'll be when that carny attitude changes that the WWE reaches beyond its current level (which albeit is incredibly successful, I just don't think they've reached the height of what they can be).

Emperor Smeat
04-25-2017, 12:20 AM
Worst part is it might not change that much with Triple H in charge since he has his own bullying-like tendencies if the CM Punk and Del Rio incidents are any indication. Might need to wait till someone big buys out the McMahons share of power or the kids of Steph/Shane take over.

mike adamle
04-25-2017, 07:48 AM
I'd assume his past experience with this could have played a small role in why he only wanted to come back on a part-time deal. Less BS to worry about if your only there for part of the year.

Think with Ross, it was mostly just Vince who would constantly bully him and mainly because of Vince's twisted sense of humor. Also had the benefit of being higher in the chain of command and respect of the locker room so a lot fewer potential bullies for him to deal with.

If the sheets are correct, Mauro pretty much was dealing with this stuff almost from the start and got worse once Vince soured on him because he suddenly decided on wanting another "Cole" type announcer.

Still don't understand at all at the thinking any of this is Mauro's fault or he's the weakling for leaving WWE's toxic workplace. If anyone blew it, its the WWE for losing out on a high profile announcer because Vince and co. can't stop acting like little children and bullies. Then they wonder why wrestling still has some terrible stigmas attached to it.

I'd assume since Jim Ross hasn't been on the road with WWE, is old, is not part of the new commentator up-bringing, and has a legendary voice fit for legendary matches, and the fact his wife just died, as reasons why he signed on for a part time deal... not because he was worried about what Vince or JBL would say to him.

"It was mostly just Vince"... um wouldn't that be the ONE person you don't want "bullying" you? Like Mauro possibly had JBL (which he has denied) bullying him, not the head of the company.

And no, if anyone blew it, it was Mauro. I can't imagine in '93 Jim Ross finds out from Vince he has to wear a toga at Mania IX and throws a hissy fit about it and quits because he expected to be treated different. No. That's not how it works. You adapt to your dream jobs, they don't adapt for you.

mike adamle
04-25-2017, 07:51 AM
Worst part is it might not change that much with Triple H in charge since he has his own bullying-like tendencies if the CM Punk and Del Rio incidents are any indication. Might need to wait till someone big buys out the McMahons share of power or the kids of Steph/Shane take over.

CM Punk had a problem with Triple H going over him at that one September PPV after Punk had just defeated Cena twice and was over huge. And yes he did leave because he didn't wanna face Triple H at Mania... and because a WWE doctor let him go out there for an hour with a staph infection and big lump or whatever. He did not have a problem with Triple H because he bullied him.

Alberto Del Rio left because some writer was a racist toward him. Is Triple H even involved with that?

Now you're just making things up to fit your narrative.

Ol Dirty Dastard
04-25-2017, 09:31 AM
I wouldn't say HHH bullied Punk or Del Rio. I would say HHH is a thunderstealing twat and didn't like that Punk was getting over, and derailed his push by needlessly going over him.

mike adamle
04-25-2017, 04:50 PM
I like how Triple H is now on the bullying side "because he's Vince's family so he must be a bully." If you had actually bothered to listen to the Justin Roberts interview on Keepin' it 100 (instead of just constantly posting blurbs of what dirtsheet writers said on their podcasts and actually listening to a source itself [as we all know Justin Roberts is one with evidence that JBL bullied him.]) He says Triple H got a text and brought everyone around and told them how Joey Styles just punched JBL in the face and everyone had a big laugh. But right, Triple H is evil he married Stephanie

The CyNick
04-25-2017, 07:19 PM
I just love that you clearly take it very personally and you HAVE to defend him. Not even saying you do a bad job defending him. It's wonderful. You're a gem.

I mean I still think he's a twat. I also think he's a machine of a man, and I respect him, but I believe him to be a giant asshole of a man as well.

Maybe if you got to know him you would feel differently, instead of listening to third hand accounts of what he's really like.

The CyNick
04-25-2017, 07:22 PM

How many Network subs will Mauro leaving cost WWE?

The CyNick
04-25-2017, 07:24 PM

Yeah because CEOs of large conglomerates don't have big egos or like to see things done their way. Shocking amount of ignorance in this thread.

The CyNick
04-25-2017, 07:27 PM
I wouldn't say HHH bullied Punk or Del Rio. I would say HHH is a thunderstealing twat and didn't like that Punk was getting over, and derailed his push by needlessly going over him.

The guy who stands to inherit the company, wanted to hurt the company, just so he could go over in a fake match? This is what you really believe?

Emperor Smeat
04-25-2017, 07:33 PM

I like how Triple H is now on the bullying side "because he's Vince's family so he must be a bully." If you had actually bothered to listen to the Justin Roberts interview on Keepin' it 100 (instead of just constantly posting blurbs of what dirtsheet writers said on their podcasts and actually listening to a source itself [as we all know Justin Roberts is one with evidence that JBL bullied him.]) He says Triple H got a text and brought everyone around and told them how Joey Styles just punched JBL in the face and everyone had a big laugh. But right, Triple H is evil he married Stephanie

My mistake since "bullying-like" tendencies was a poor choice of words but still stand by the idea that things probably won't improve as much with him and Steph in charge. Also poor choice of using Punk since with him it seemed to be mostly jealously and those two not being able to stand each other.

His stuff with Del Rio was worse since it supposedly involved him also sprouting out racial stuff and doing stuff to make Del Rio's last run as miserable as possible. Even ended up helping push Paige out of the company because she refused to break up with Del Rio.

mike adamle
04-25-2017, 07:41 PM
Where has anyone said that Triple H was sprouting racial stuff. Or that he was personally trying to make Del Rio miserable? #Fakenews

mike adamle
04-25-2017, 07:41 PM
Once again, you can't just make shit up so it fits your narrative.

Emperor Smeat
04-25-2017, 07:46 PM
Both Del Rio and Ricardo Rodriguez when they'd talk about the incident that lead to Del Rio's firing.

With the miserable stuff, mostly reports from the sheets about how Triple H was the one constantly fighting against rehiring Del Rio and pushing to nix any big plans for him. Only reason he came back was Vince being that desperate to get a big star for the Hispanic market which was why his deal was rumored to be $1.5 million.

mike adamle
04-25-2017, 07:52 PM
Both Del Rio and Ricardo Rodriguez when they'd talk about the incident that lead to Del Rio's firing.

With the miserable stuff, mostly reports from the sheets about how Triple H was the one constantly fighting against rehiring Del Rio and pushing to nix any big plans for him. Only reason he came back was Vince being that desperate to get a big star for the Hispanic market which was why his deal was rumored to be $1.5 million.

Del Rio has said he doesn't like Triple H. He never said he was bullying him. Triple H is a boss. If he doesn't want someone on his product he's gonna push for someone else to have that spot. Is that really bullying? Jesus Christ. No wrestlers talk about Triple H bullying them. Do some of them not like him? Of course. But just because a dirt sheet reported that Triple H was trying to make someone miserable doesn't necessarily make it fact.

Ol Dirty Dastard
04-25-2017, 09:52 PM
The guy who stands to inherit the company, wanted to hurt the company, just so he could go over in a fake match? This is what you really believe?

Maintaining the status quo doesn't hurt the company. It just keeps things as is.

Love the theatrics in your reply.

Ol Dirty Dastard
04-25-2017, 09:52 PM
and HHH likely thinks he is the best of all time therefore him beating Punk was good for business.

mike adamle
04-26-2017, 07:51 AM
Yeah him beating Punk was a mistake, I can only assume Triple H thought he needed to build himself up because he had that big sledgehammer ladder match coming up against Kevin Nash