PDA

View Full Version : Mae Young Classic Womens Tournament

#BROKEN Hasney
05-23-2017, 03:34 PM
WWE has announced that the first-ever Mae Young Classic women’s tournament will take place Thursday, July 13, and Friday, July 14, from Full Sail Live in Orlando, Fla.

Tickets will go on sale this Friday at 10 a.m. ET via www.nxttickets.com.

The tournament, named after WWE Hall of Famer and one of the greatest WWE Superstars in history, Mae Young, will feature 32 of the top female competitors from around the world participating in a single-elimination tournament. The unprecedented event will stream later this summer exclusively on WWE Network.

“The Mae Young Classic will mark a significant moment in the evolution of WWE,” said Paul “Triple H” Levesque, WWE Executive Vice President, Talent, Live Events and Creative. “We are proud to provide this unique opportunity for the best female talent from around the world.”

Additional information on the Mae Young Classic will be announced in the coming weeks.

http://www.wwe.com/amp/shows/maeyoungclassic/article/wwe-announces-mae-young-classic-womens-tournament

Big Vic
05-23-2017, 03:36 PM
Wonder why they chose that name over 'Moolah'

#BROKEN Hasney
05-23-2017, 03:37 PM
It's about wrestling, not selling wrestlers in training out as whores.

Big Vic
05-23-2017, 03:42 PM
It's about wrestling, not selling wrestlers in training out as whores.

Why do you say Moolah was a whore?

Mae Young took her top all the time, had multiple sex angles in the WWE.

#BROKEN Hasney
05-23-2017, 04:08 PM
I'm not saying she was a whore, I'm saying she was a pimp

However, Wendi Richter stated that Ellison did not actually train the wrestlers at her wrestling school. Instead, Richter stated that Ellison accepted payment of the training fee (which at the time of Richter's training was five hundred dollars) and had other female wrestlers within her camp (including Leilani Kai, Judy Martin, Winona Littleheart, and Joyce Grable) train the new recruits, and that these women did not get paid for their additional work as trainers. Richter also stated that Ellison required all women that received training at her camp to each sign a contract that allowed Ellison to function as their booker and receive twenty five percent of their booking fee. Trainees were also required to rent duplex apartments on Ellison's property and they were responsible for paying her for rent and utilities. The training lasted six months and took place up to five hours per day inside a wrestling ring in a barn that lacked heating and air conditioning or fans.[36] Debbie Johnson, another former trainee of Ellison's, stated that she was required to give Ellison thirty percent of her booking fee, and her paycheck was further reduced as Ellison deducted travel expenses, food, rent, and utilities before paying her. As a result, Johnson worked for Ellison for two years before she received any money. Johnson stated that Ellison would refuse to book certain women in her training camp if they angered her, and that Ellison monitored her and refused to let her leave the physical constraints of the training camp unless she was accompanied by someone else.[50]

Over the years, various female wrestlers have come forward with stories accusing Ellison of being a pimp that often provided various wrestling promoters with unsuspecting female wrestlers that would be used as sex objects. One of the most notorious accusations is from the family of Sweet Georgia Brown (Susie Mae McCoy). McCoy, who was trained and booked by Ellison and her then-husband Buddy Lee, told her daughter that she was often raped, given drugs, and made an addict in an intentional attempt by Ellison and Lee to control her. Ida Martinez, who wrestled during the 1960s, also recalls that many of the regional promoters "demanded personal services" before they would pay the female wrestlers.[51] In a 2002 interview, Luna Vachon claimed that when she was sixteen years old and training at Ellison's camp, Ellison sent her out of state to be photographed by an older man. Although she remained clothed during the photo shoot, Vachon stated she felt taken advantage of by Ellison and the older man. Vachon also stated that her aunt, Vivian Vachon, witnessed Ellison abusing alcohol and having sex with her female trainees.[52] Sandy Parker, a lesbian former pupil of Ellison's, also claims that Ellison forbade her from going to any gay bars and tried to press her to date men. Parker says this enranged her, because "(Moolah) was two faced because she had her own little dalliances that we all knew about."[53]

As well as allegedly exploiting female wrestlers sexually, Ellison has been accused of using her financial influence to control the women's wrestling scene and ensure that other women did not gain greater recognition. In addition to being a key participant in the original screwjob on Wendi Richter, Ellison used her influence to take over the spot originally held by her protégé Mad Maxine on the animated series Hulk Hogan's Rock 'n' Wrestling. Maxine was about to receive a big push by Vince McMahon but left the WWF shortly afterwards, as Ellison was unwilling to provide her with additional bookings.[54] Numerous other former trainees defected from Ellison after growing tired of sharing their paychecks with Ellison. Women wrestlers including Vivian and Luna Vachon,[55] Ann Casey,[56] and Darling Dagmar[57] moved into other regions where Ellison had less control and negotiated their own payouts with promoters.

Both Judy Martin and Leilani Kai told in later interviews that Moolah would collect the women wrestler's pay from promoters, and after taking out her own pay, would only give the girls half of the money they were owed (keeping half of their pay for herself, plus her own pay) and telling them that was all the promoter gave her to give them. Martin stated that shortly before Ellison left the WWF in 1988 (shortly after falling out with Martin and Kai due to Ellison no longer receiving their booking fees), she sabotaged the duo while they were touring Japan. Martin stated that Ellison contacted Japanese promoters and informed them that the Jumping Bomb Angels were supposed to drop the WWF Women's Tag Team Championship to The Glamour Girls before Martin and Kai returned to the United States. This was contrary to the booking decision made by Pat Patterson before the Japanese tour began. Unable to reach Patterson by telephone, Kai and Martin agreed to win the titles from the Angels since Ellison had already misinformed the Japanese promoters. Martin stated that upon returning to the United States, Patterson was angry with them and confirmed that nobody within the WWF made the decision for the title change and that due to her long-standing relationship with the company, the WWF refused to listen to their explanation of Ellison's deceit. Shortly thereafter, the WWF phased out the WWF Women's Tag Team Championship. In a later shoot interview, Leilani Kai told that had things gone as the WWF originally planned, The Glamour Girls would have had a title match against the Jumping Bomb Angels at Wrestlemania IV and that Ellison's actions had cost the four girls what would have been ultimately their biggest ever payday.[58]

Women that chose to continue allowing Ellison to work as their booker were kept under tight control. Velvet McIntyre was forced to compete against Ellison (whom McIntyre stated she didn't care for) at WrestleMania 2 instead of competing during an all-women tour of Kuwait with a group of Ellison's other female wrestlers. Their Wrestlemania 2 match lasted less than two minutes with the referee ignoring McIntyre's leg being on the ropes while she was being pinned.[59] Women that did not agree to Ellison's booking fees faced limited options. Rhonda Sing stated that Ellison contacted her and offered to let her wrestle Richter in a couple of pay-per-view matches for the WWF in 1985, but demanded she receive half of Sing's pay check; a stipulation Sing was unwilling to accept.[60] Penny Banner stated that her retirement was due in large part to Ellison refusing to allow any of her female wrestlers to accept bookings against Banner, which severely limited the number of bookings that Banner was offered by promoters.[61]

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Fabulous_Moolah

Outsider
05-23-2017, 07:09 PM
Heard Nixon Newell will be in this.

Have seen her a few times at Attack shows, wrestling as Mark Andrews tag team partner against #CCK and seen her wrestle Pete Dunne in a pretty brutal match.

Really is decent and excited to see her on a bigger stage.

Anyone heard who else is rumoured?

Lock Jaw
05-23-2017, 07:32 PM
Will definitely check this out

Really looking forward to it

Emperor Smeat
05-23-2017, 08:38 PM
Heard Nixon Newell will be in this.

Have seen her a few times at Attack shows, wrestling as Mark Andrews tag team partner against #CCK and seen her wrestle Pete Dunne in a pretty brutal match.

Really is decent and excited to see her on a bigger stage.

Anyone heard who else is rumoured?

Evie from New Zealand and former Impact wrestlers Jade and Marti Belle were a few names recently teased to be in or WWE contacting for it.

DAMN iNATOR
05-24-2017, 02:49 AM
Moolah will return from the dead and win and be the one to defeat Asuka and reclaim what is rightfully hers. :shifty:

#BROKEN Hasney
05-24-2017, 03:21 AM
Moolah will return from the dead and win and be the one to defeat Asuka and reclaim what is rightfully hers. :shifty:

A cheque to sell her into prostitution?

My Final Heaven
05-24-2017, 06:41 AM
If they buy up Jordynne Grace for this tournament, I will extend my Network subscription for however long they're using her :D

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/236x/9a/73/5c/9a735cb93172f6c97ca884a142b80302.jpg https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CufkLI5WEAArP7Q.jpg

My Final Heaven
05-24-2017, 06:51 AM
And yea, Moolah was a piece of shit. Another fun fact not mentioned above - WWE loves to trumpet the fact that she was a "28 year champion, the longest in history!!!", but that's BS. She actually lost the belt something like 3 times over that period, to Judy Grable & Velvet McIntyre & once during a tour of Japan. The title changes were mysteriously scrubbed from the statistics afterwards ;) Her longest reign wasn't as long as Bruno's.

Simple Fan
05-24-2017, 09:41 AM
Evie from New Zealand and former Impact wrestlers Jade and Marti Belle were a few names recently teased to be in or WWE contacting for it.

Impact really liked Jade when her and Marti Belle were there. Personally I thought Marti Belle was better though.

Nicky Fives
05-24-2017, 12:45 PM
Jade is decent in the ring, but as soon as she opens her mouth she drops big-time....charisma black hole.....Marti definitely the more charismatic, but also not as technical in the ring....

Simple Fan
05-24-2017, 12:49 PM
Jade is decent in the ring, but as soon as she opens her mouth she drops big-time....charisma black hole.....Marti definitely the more charismatic, but also not as technical in the ring....

Pretty much, TNA was trying to make Jade the next Gail Kim but it just didn't work.

Evil Vito
05-24-2017, 04:42 PM
Surprised they didn't name it the Charlotte Flair Classic tbh

mike adamle
05-24-2017, 06:56 PM
Hopefully someone reenacts Mae Young's memorable Royal Rumble 2000 appearance

DAMN iNATOR
05-24-2017, 08:36 PM
A cheque to sell her into prostitution?

Correct. But let's not be too dismissive -- I hear she gives great gum!

My Final Heaven
05-24-2017, 08:42 PM
Asuka's new character: one of those "me rove you rong time" Full Metal Jacket prostitutes, complete with random coughing fits.

Mr. Nerfect
07-13-2017, 06:26 PM
The Parade of Champions is about to start. I'm watching on Cageside Seats.

Mr. Nerfect
07-13-2017, 06:33 PM
Nah, it's taking too long. Pass.

Bad News Gertner
07-13-2017, 06:43 PM
Moolah was a horrible individual on the level of Chris Benoit

Mr. Nerfect
07-13-2017, 08:01 PM
Controversial as this may be, Benoit's brain was destroyed by the point he committed the atrocities he did. It was bleak, but it wasn't as...active as the pimping and the sabotage and the abuse that Moolah put her girls through.

RP
07-13-2017, 08:12 PM
Are WWE talents in this tournament? Is Alexa Bliss in ?

Mr. Nerfect
07-13-2017, 08:14 PM
Stephanie McMahon doing the voice over intro. Ew.

Mr. Nerfect
07-13-2017, 08:16 PM
I don't know whether or not do do spoiler warnings for this or not. I guess if you're going to get into the Classic, then you're going to be watching the content.

Mr. Nerfect
07-13-2017, 08:16 PM
I fucking HATE it when they change a wrestler's family name and then play up their heritage in the next breath. Rachel Evers. What the fuck is that?

Mr. Nerfect
07-13-2017, 08:18 PM
I've missed JR on commentary. He's doing such a good job. Kay Lee Ray seems to have good presence, as does Xia Li, although she'll need to be a natural to pick it up fast enough to really deliver.

Mr. Nerfect
07-13-2017, 08:19 PM
Forgot that Toni Storm is from Australia. She's like half-Emma/half-Becky Lynch.

Mr. Nerfect
07-13-2017, 08:20 PM
Oh god, Marti Belle's story already making me sick. Heavy-handed shit about winning the tournament for her grandmother.

Mr. Nerfect
07-13-2017, 08:20 PM
Will actually be funny when she is knocked out though.

Mr. Nerfect
07-13-2017, 08:21 PM
Santana Garrett has babyface written all over her. I see her on the main roster very soon.

Mr. Nerfect
07-13-2017, 08:24 PM
Lol, JR talking about Piper Niven! "She's a load...in a good way..."

Honestly, not knowing anything about Niven, her pedigree sounds impressive, and she's got a sweet look for a woman with a different body type. Could honestly see her being an intriguing personality in all of this.

Mr. Nerfect
07-13-2017, 08:25 PM
Kavita Devi will be on SmackDown with Jinder Mahal very soon. Regardless of if she is ready or not.

Mr. Nerfect
07-13-2017, 08:27 PM
Good to see Candice LeRae out there. It'll be interesting to see how she does with women.

Mr. Nerfect
07-13-2017, 08:30 PM
Jazzy Gabert would make good back-up for Alexa Bliss.

Mr. Nerfect
07-13-2017, 08:31 PM
Oh god, a "This is wrestling" chant at the end. They...haven't...wrestled yet?

Emperor Smeat
07-13-2017, 09:06 PM
Are WWE talents in this tournament? Is Alexa Bliss in ?

Only a few from NXT and some are making their tv debuts I think.

Evil Vito
07-13-2017, 09:07 PM
I marked out so fucking much for Serena. Glad to see her back after her last stint with the company didn't end on the best of terms.

Vastardikai
07-13-2017, 09:12 PM
Is it wrong that I think she's hotter without hair?

Fignuts
07-13-2017, 09:13 PM
Where are you watching this? I fon't see it on the network.

Mr. Nerfect
07-13-2017, 09:24 PM
It's on YouTube.

Mr. Nerfect
07-13-2017, 09:25 PM
Tessa Blanchard is hot, but her teeth are almost too white. Like, she should probably smile at her opponents to blind them.

Mr. Nerfect
07-13-2017, 09:26 PM
I'd be interested to see how something like this would do on television. I know they need original content for the Network and all, but you can always upload it after the fact. Stuff like this, with a limited viewing commitment, could actually catch fire a bit.

Emperor Smeat
07-13-2017, 09:44 PM
Probably something in the range of taped era Smackdown for viewers and impact. Biggest benefit is if the tournament then leads to a weekly Women's show since by then you have the core audience built over the course of several weeks/months.

Lock Jaw
07-13-2017, 09:44 PM
Huh? They are doing the tournament on YouTube right now?

Mr. Nerfect
07-13-2017, 09:46 PM
Huh? They are doing the tournament on YouTube right now?

No, no, no -- just that 14-minute thing where they introduce each competitor and they pose there as the commentators talk about them.

Mr. Nerfect
07-13-2017, 09:47 PM
I have to say -- Lita didn't bother me as much as I thought she would. She was well-rehearsed here. It'll be interesting to see how she goes calling actual matches though.

Mr. Nerfect
07-13-2017, 09:48 PM
Probably something in the range of taped era Smackdown for viewers and impact. Biggest benefit is if the tournament then leads to a weekly Women's show since by then you have the core audience built over the course of several weeks/months.

Possibly, but I also think that having something that you know is going to end at a certain point in time might have the benefits of spiking a higher rating than an ongoing year-round show. The limit of the commitment might make things more digestible and encourage more investment.

I imagine lot of these women will either be used in NXT or on the main roster very soon.

Lock Jaw
07-13-2017, 09:50 PM
Oh, ok. Watching it now.

Lock Jaw
07-13-2017, 10:04 PM
Buncha good lookers in this one, and in the end, isn't that what is most important? :shifty:

Emperor Smeat
07-13-2017, 10:06 PM
Possibly, but I also think that having something that you know is going to end at a certain point in time might have the benefits of spiking a higher rating than an ongoing year-round show. The limit of the commitment might make things more digestible and encourage more investment.

I imagine lot of these women will either be used in NXT or on the main roster very soon.

Yeah like with regular tv shows, the finale is usually the highest rated show and gets the most interest.

If the WWE followed the style of the CWC tournament, at most it would only need 2 months to finish. WWE's problem was not having Cruiser stuff ready for RAW nor 205 Live when the tournament ended so the division lost a lot of steam.

Triple A
Bianca Belair is beautiful...... has a good look / attitude and seems like she could be "a star" imo

<iframe width="1280" height="720" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/7ZgaJb8PbIo" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Lock Jaw
I wonder what TPWW Poster Jazzy Foot thinks of Jazzy Gabert

Emperor Smeat
07-13-2017, 10:39 PM
Someone in the WWE must have been a big fan of Global Guts.

http://i.imgur.com/NzgufKk.jpg

Lock Jaw
07-13-2017, 10:41 PM
What is Global Guts

Emperor Smeat
07-13-2017, 11:04 PM
An old kids gameshow on Nickelodeon where the winners won a trophy that looked a bit similar for design.

DAMN iNATOR
07-14-2017, 12:11 AM
What is Global Guts

HOW DO YOU NOT KNOW THIS?!

vjOdH008d14

Mike O'Malley hosted and Moira Quirk served as the ref for all the events.

There would be four events.

Contestants would score 300 points for a win in an event, 200 for second place, and 100 for third place.

Final standings for each episode could be decided at the final, mega-event, the Aggro Crag/Super Aggro Crag. The 3 contestants each had their own color-coded lane on a giant mountain structure, and they each had to race up simultaneously hitting every actuator on the way up, including one at the peak. If a contestant failed to stay in their own lane on the way up or hit an actuator before the final one, they could be DQ'd on the crag and receive only the 3rd place allotment of 375 points. Second on the Crag earned 550 and first, 725, and whoever had the most points won a gold medal and "a glowing piece of the radical rock", supposedly taken from the Crag. Each show ended with a medal ceremony with bronze, silver and gold and the piece of the rock awarded. Then the 3 contestants would all take a lap around a track in the arena as the credits played.

Lock Jaw
07-14-2017, 12:15 AM
Did not have Nickelodeon channel in Canada........

DAMN iNATOR
07-14-2017, 12:37 AM
Did not have Nickelodeon channel in Canada........

Weird. I was always under the impression they did. Probably at least in part because the Canadian You Can't Do That on Television is what created, or helped create what became Nickelodeon in the U.S. c. the early-mid '80s.

Mr. Nerfect
07-14-2017, 12:38 AM
The round-two brackets have been released:

Round 2
* Princesa Sugehit vs. Serena Deeb
* Shayna Baszler vs. Piper Niven
* Mia Yim vs. Mercedes Martinez
* Rhea Ripley vs. Abbey Laith
* Toni Storm vs. Dakota Kai
* Candice LeRae vs. Rachel Evers
* Bianca Belair vs. Lacey Evans
* Nicole Savoy vs. Kairi Sane

Quarterfinals
* Winner of Sugehit/Deeb vs. Winner of Baszler/Niven
* Winner of Yim/Martinez vs. Winner of Ripley/Laith
* Winner of Storm/Kai vs. Winner of LeRae/Evers
* Winner of Belair/Evans vs. Winner of Savoy/Sane

Semifinals
* Sugehit or Deeb or Baszler or Niven vs. Yim or Martinez or Ripley or Laith
* Storm or Kai or LeRae or Evers vs. Belair or Evans or Savoy or Sane

Finals
* Sugehit or Deeb or Baszler or Niven or Yim or Martinez or Ripley or Laith
vs.
* Storm or Kai or LeRae or Evers or Belair or Evans or Savoy or Sane

If I had to guess, I'd say we're building towards a: Princesca Sugehit vs. Kairi Sane final. I'd guess the semi-finals are probably going to be Sugehit vs. Martinez or Laith and Storm vs. Sane. I guess Martinez vs. Sane is also possible in the final.
Baszler making it to the semi-finals against Martinez so they can highlight Rousey being there wouldn't surprise me either, but for some reason, I see her being out of the tournament surprisingly early.

Mr. Nerfect
07-14-2017, 12:45 AM
I change my vote:

Probably overestimating Sugehit's presence in this tournament. I can see her possibly getting past Deeb, but losing to Baszler, who then goes on to he semi-finals to face Martinez. I thought I could see Piper Niven doing quite well in this tournament,
but I think they might bump her out next round.

Lock Jaw
07-14-2017, 12:49 AM
Why do your brackets start at Round 2....... closed it down because I don't want Round 1 spoilers......

DAMN iNATOR
07-14-2017, 12:54 AM
No, no, no -- just that 14-minute thing where they introduce each competitor and they pose there as the commentators talk about them.

Yep. Tapings took place for the First Round matches last night (7/13), and the rest, except the Final (which airs LIVE on the WWE Network September 12th), will be taped tonight (7/14), with 4 episodes released August 28th and 4 more on September 4th.

Lock Jaw
07-14-2017, 01:12 AM
Weird. I was always under the impression they did. Probably at least in part because the Canadian You Can't Do That on Television is what created, or helped create what became Nickelodeon in the U.S. c. the early-mid '80s.

We had pretty much all the cartoons on other channels, but I guess not all shows.

Or maybe we did have that show too and I just never watched it......

Mr. Nerfect
07-14-2017, 04:37 AM
Why do your brackets start at Round 2....... closed it down because I don't want Round 1 spoilers......

Round 1 was taped today. Sorry, I've edited that to be more clear.

Bad News Gertner
07-14-2017, 02:36 PM
So much housework and sandwich making not getting done

ClockShot
07-14-2017, 03:59 PM
Someone in the WWE must have been a big fan of Global Guts.

http://i.imgur.com/NzgufKk.jpg

Where can I get a piece of that radical rock from the Agro Crag?

XL
07-14-2017, 04:40 PM
I have to say -- Lita didn't bother me as much as I thought she would. She was well-rehearsed here. It'll be interesting to see how she goes calling actual matches though.

I'd have preferred a JR/Renee Young booth.

Outsider
07-14-2017, 05:42 PM
I lost a significant amount of interest in this when Nixon Newell got injured.

Mr. Nerfect
07-14-2017, 08:28 PM
I'd have preferred a JR/Renee Young booth.

Oh, 100%.

Mr. Nerfect
07-14-2017, 10:55 PM
The final is set:

Shayna Baszler vs. Kairi Sane

Mr. Nerfect
07-14-2017, 10:56 PM
Jazzy Gabert impressed the Full Sail audience. Hopefully The Alpha Female gets a look and finds herself featured. Lots of talent for developmental in this thing.

Mr. Nerfect
07-14-2017, 11:48 PM
My hopes on what happens with the winner:

I really hope that Kairi Sane wins the entire thing and that Asuka successfully defends the NXT Women's Title against Ember Moon. Asuka can then drop the belt to Sane, in what would hopefully be an iconic match for the division, and move on. Ember Moon can move on to facing Shayna Baszler, who can be built up as Sane's Philly opponent.

Emperor Smeat
07-16-2017, 11:03 PM
Seems some in-fighting in regards to the status of women's wrestling in the WWE is happening again.

Supposedly some within WWE are upset the tournament was held because the focus was made towards skills and not beauty as the priority for selections.

For some reference, Kevin Dunn is likely one of those people based on past stories about him and his views on women wrestling.

The first two nights of the 32-women Mae Young Classic tournament concluded on Friday. It was noted in the latest edition of The Wrestling Observer Newsletter that there were some people in WWE - the ones "who believe that WWE women all have to be hot" - that were not happy about the tournament. They reportedly felt that a lot of the women in it weren't good looking enough for WWE standards.

Frank Drebin
07-16-2017, 11:06 PM
Weren't good looking enough for WWE or Kevin Dunn standards?

Ugh, when are they going to learn that the Kelly Kelly "era" was literally a joke everytime the women "wrestled" and that you can't alienate half the potential viewers right from the get go.

Emperor Smeat
07-16-2017, 11:24 PM
Both since he's been one of the big negative influences for that aspect of wrestling. Him and Johhny Ace were two of the biggest influences for that era's style of wrestling. Think with Ace, his main hiring standards were men's magazine and night clubs.

WWE didn't start to gradually change their views till after Ace got fired. Lead to the more positive NXT era of women's wrestling happening as a result.

DaveWadding
08-28-2017, 01:00 PM
Bump, since this is on the Network now. First episode pretty good so far.

DaveWadding
08-28-2017, 01:04 PM
Zeda is a very attractive Asian female.

Destor
08-28-2017, 01:15 PM
They dont hire many ugly males either FTR. But I agree that looks should be secondary.

Emperor Smeat
08-29-2017, 01:59 AM
Only seen the first episode so far but the storytelling for the Baszler-Zeda match is kind of messed up considering real life incidents.

Zeda was bullied a lot in life so she learned martial arts to have the courage to stand up to them. Baszler's character is pretty much her as a beast and bully.

WWE had their own bullying incident recently involving Mauro and JBL with others.

End result for both was the bully winning in the end. Baszler won her match and JBL wasn't punished and kept his spot on Smackdown

Jazzy is pretty much a better version of what WWE has been trying to do with Nia Jax.

DaveWadding
08-29-2017, 03:02 AM
Finished all 4,Kairi/Tessa was just goddamn phenomenal.

Fignuts
08-29-2017, 05:19 AM
Finished all 4,Kairi/Tessa was just goddamn phenomenal.

Seriously, that was as impressive as I've ever seen Tessa, by a wide margin. Where has she been hiding this shit?

Also, DAT ELBOW DROP

Lock Jaw
08-29-2017, 09:34 AM
Only seen the first episode so far but the storytelling for the Baszler-Zeda match is kind of messed up considering real life incidents.

Zeda was bullied a lot in life so she learned martial arts to have the courage to stand up to them. Baszler's character is pretty much her as a beast and bully.

WWE had their own bullying incident recently involving Mauro and JBL with others.

End result for both was the bully winning in the end. Baszler won her match and JBL wasn't punished and kept his spot on Smackdown

Jazzy is pretty much a better version of what WWE has been trying to do with Nia Jax.

I have also only seen the first episode so far:

I feel like Jazzy Gabert would have been the much better "monster" to advance in the tournament, but Shayna Baszler got the nod due to who she knows and who they can cut to watching in the crowd.

Otherwise Zeda seems like she would have been perfect to advance. Chinese market, hot, energetic entrance, a story you can get behind.

Abbey seemed "alright", but looked like she was shot by Homer Simpson's makeup gun so I found that distracting.

So basically what I'm saying is those two results should have been switched and probably would have been if Shayna didn't come with Ronda Rousey watching in the crowd.

SlickyTrickyDamon
08-29-2017, 06:25 PM
Love the lack of lights in the crowd during match. Hope it cuts down the "two sweet" shit.

Fignuts
08-29-2017, 06:27 PM
The ring apron with the neon led trim looks sick as fuck.

Evil Vito
08-29-2017, 08:33 PM
Think I'm going to propose marriage to Toni Storm. Wish me luck.

Bad News Gertner
08-29-2017, 10:59 PM
These whores done playing wrestler?

DAMN iNATOR
08-30-2017, 05:27 PM
J.R. & Lita on commentary as I start the series. :love:

#1-norm-fan
08-30-2017, 05:35 PM
These whores done playing wrestler?

Even Mae Young finally figured out that she needed to show her tits to get over.

TAKE NOTE, LADIES!

DAMN iNATOR
08-31-2017, 02:52 PM
Gonna watch entire tourney sans spoilers. I don't know who this Kairi Sane is, but she's my personal bet to win.

Lock Jaw
08-31-2017, 10:42 PM
Watched Episode 2:

Xia Li vs. Mercedes Whatever was a "meh" match. Wasn't expecting much as they were saying it was Xia's "first match". Xia did have a decent showing for her experience level, and also has a nice bum. Mercedes wins as expected..... rassling with a lip ring in seems like asking for bad news....

Rachel Evers vs. Marti Belle was "ok". Nice Jean Grey colours from Rachel. Wasn't expecting her to win with how much they have been "pushing" Marti Belle on all the ads.

Rhea Ripley vs. Short Girl was good. Rhea Ripley is hot, and was pretty good. I can see big potential in her if WWE has signed her and she is not a crazy person. She also has some good alliteration going on with her name. So until WWE gets rid of her last name she has that going for her as well.

Mia Yim vs. Sarah Logan was the best match of the show (as it should be since it was the main event). I can see good potential in both these ladies, and hope to see more of them.

DAMN iNATOR
08-31-2017, 11:58 PM
Wondering if it's weird or not that I find Piper Niven cute.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2017/08/piper-niven-arrives-at-the-mae-young-classic.jpg?strip=all&w=640&quality=100

Emperor Smeat
09-01-2017, 01:22 AM
Watched Episode 2:

Rachel Evers vs. Marti Belle was "ok". Nice Jean Grey colours from Rachel. Wasn't expecting her to win with how much they have been "pushing" Marti Belle on all the ads.

Reason for the match's awkwardness and abrupt ending was due to the results getting changed mid-match. Sheets reported the original plans had her winning and having a decent run in the tournament but management backstage soured on her as the match got progressively worse.

Think she might also be the same person the sheets hinted wasn't liked backstage by others because of attitude or some other reasons.

mike adamle
09-01-2017, 07:29 AM

https://www.thesun.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2017/08/piper-niven-arrives-at-the-mae-young-classic.jpg?strip=all&w=640&quality=100

Didn't know you were into fat broads

DAMN iNATOR
09-01-2017, 04:21 PM
Didn't know you were into fat broads

At least I'm not into dudes like you are.

#1-norm-fan
09-01-2017, 04:28 PM
HOMOPHOBE iNATOR, over here.

Fignuts
shots fired

#1-norm-fan
http://www.tpwwforums.com/customavatars/avatar6835_16.gif

DaveWadding
09-03-2017, 11:30 PM

I'd take Piper Niven on the D Train to Poundtown.

Lock Jaw
09-04-2017, 12:00 AM
I'd dive into her bosoms.

Watched episode 3 today:

I liked Dakota Kai, Toni Storm, Bianca Belair, and Piper Niven and was glad that they all moved on.

I wonder what the deal with Santanna Garrett is..... they've used her every now and then in short stints on NXT, and always put her over so much via commentary but then I don't think I've ever seen her win a match.....

DaveWadding
09-04-2017, 02:19 AM
I think it's that she's so desired on the indies and doesn't think that they would push her to the top...and I doubt that they would, so she's just content to come in, get a check, and make everyone she works with look good.

DaveWadding
09-04-2017, 04:53 PM
The first ep of round 2 is freaking stacked.

KIRA
09-04-2017, 06:50 PM
Piper shouldve been called to the roster long before Nia Jax

Crimson
09-05-2017, 12:10 AM
I can see a future Piper/Jax rivalry

SlickyTrickyDamon
09-05-2017, 01:03 AM

Being tough doesn't mean she's a bully. Many of the stars in the tournament have had a hard life.

Evil Vito
09-05-2017, 10:43 AM
Think I'm going to propose marriage to Toni Storm. Wish me luck.

Still waiting on an answer....:(

Simple Fan
09-05-2017, 11:40 AM
Watched the latest episode, guess it was start of 2nd round. One thing that's is weird is changing Rachel Ellering to Evers although still acknowledging that she's Paul Ellerings daughter. Most the matches were good though except I didn't really care for the luchadora vs Mercedes.

SlickyTrickyDamon
09-06-2017, 03:43 AM
Finished up all episodes before the live show on sept 12.

Way too predictable finals. Feels like a waste of having 32 just to have such a predictable final.

The friend of the famous girl they really want fighting in the finals.

Lame.

Fignuts
09-06-2017, 03:50 AM
Found out today that Jazzy Gabert is Masahiro Chono's stepdaughter.

Even more bummed that she got eliminated first round now.

Definitely getting signed though. She's super good, both in ring, and with her character.

Triple A
09-06-2017, 04:22 AM
Bianca Belair rules

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-conversation="none" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">And don't forget the strength! ��️█♀️ <a href="https://t.co/V0AxJX1Y8z">pic.twitter.com/V0AxJX1Y8z</a></p>&mdash; TDE Wrestling (@totaldivaseps) <a href="https://twitter.com/totaldivaseps/status/904767885435838464">September 4, 2017</a></blockquote> <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">.<a href="https://twitter.com/BiancaBelairWWE">@BiancaBelairWWE</a> has the deadliest hairstyle in the world. <a href="https://t.co/h7QTrzWz0r">pic.twitter.com/h7QTrzWz0r</a></p>&mdash; TDE Wrestling (@totaldivaseps) <a href="https://twitter.com/totaldivaseps/status/904767035103727617">September 4, 2017</a></blockquote> <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
<div class="tumblr-post" data-href="https://embed.tumblr.com/embed/post/Pgv0SP13xFp-UyjRSFxD6A/164991245937" data-did="da39a3ee5e6b4b0d3255bfef95601890afd80709"><a href="http://frentique.tumblr.com/post/164991245937">http://frentique.tumblr.com/post/164991245937</a></div> <script async src="https://assets.tumblr.com/post.js"></script>

Emperor Smeat
09-06-2017, 06:41 PM
Sweet Sixteen Round was pretty good overall.

Found out today that Jazzy Gabert is Masahiro Chono's stepdaughter.

Even more bummed that she got eliminated first round now.

Definitely getting signed though. She's super good, both in ring, and with her character.

She's already signed. Think it happened after the tapings while her opponent Abbey Laith signed a deal a lot earlier in the year.

Almost half the field is already signed or has deals in place.

DaveWadding
09-06-2017, 08:20 PM
Smeat, could you please post this signed/unsigned list? For all of us.

Emperor Smeat
09-06-2017, 08:58 PM
Counting NXT, these are the names floating around about having signed or a deal in place prior to the tapings:
Marti Belle
Rhea Ripley
Bianca Blair
Lacey Evans
Dakota Kai
Reina González
Zeda
Kairi Sane
Vanessa Borne
Abbey Laith
Sarah Logan
Sage Beckett
Taynara Conti
Mia Yim
Xia Li

Names reported to have signed after the tapings:
Piper Niven
Jazzy Gabert

Others signed but not used:
Nixon Newell (injured)
Zelina Vega (Andrade Almas' valet)

Not counting the two non-MYC wrestlers announced during the tournament, a few more might get signed based on recent rumors.

List from before the tournament: http://lastwordonprowrestling.com/2017/06/13/mae-young-classic-17-names-reportedly-signed/

And a report in August about Jazzy's NXT debut after the tapings implying a deal was signed: http://www.nsportsmania.com/german-jazzy-gabert-debuts-nxt/

Emperor Smeat
09-08-2017, 09:55 PM
According to the Observer, WWE currently leaning on the Finals being a 30 minute show and may or may not include stuff focusing on the rest of the competitors or stuff to setup new angles. 205 Live is currently planned to air around 10:30pm.

WWE already confirmed Ronda Rousey is going to make an appearance and be interviewed for the pre-show festivities.

In terms of possible spoilers not related to the Finals match itself:
WWE rumored to be putting a big focus on Tuesday's shows towards making the rumored Four Horsewomen (WWE) vs Four Horsewomen (MMA) feud official.

mike adamle
09-08-2017, 10:11 PM
Bianca Belair rules

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-conversation="none" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">And don't forget the strength! ��️█♀️ <a href="https://t.co/V0AxJX1Y8z">pic.twitter.com/V0AxJX1Y8z</a></p>&mdash; TDE Wrestling (@totaldivaseps) <a href="https://twitter.com/totaldivaseps/status/904767885435838464">September 4, 2017</a></blockquote> <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">.<a href="https://twitter.com/BiancaBelairWWE">@BiancaBelairWWE</a> has the deadliest hairstyle in the world. <a href="https://t.co/h7QTrzWz0r">pic.twitter.com/h7QTrzWz0r</a></p>&mdash; TDE Wrestling (@totaldivaseps) <a href="https://twitter.com/totaldivaseps/status/904767035103727617">September 4, 2017</a></blockquote> <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
<div class="tumblr-post" data-href="https://embed.tumblr.com/embed/post/Pgv0SP13xFp-UyjRSFxD6A/164991245937" data-did="da39a3ee5e6b4b0d3255bfef95601890afd80709"><a href="http://frentique.tumblr.com/post/164991245937">http://frentique.tumblr.com/post/164991245937</a></div> <script async src="https://assets.tumblr.com/post.js"></script>

So that hair stuff is alright but the Joey Ryan dick flip isn't?

SlickyTrickyDamon
09-09-2017, 11:43 PM
Not a fan of either but there is a clear difference. If the hair is bound together strong enough it might possibly hurt like a whip.

DaveWadding
09-10-2017, 10:31 AM
The only dick STD ever touched is his own and its not very powerful. It certainly doesn't have the gravitational pull that Joey Ryan's has.

mike adamle
09-10-2017, 01:19 PM
Not a fan of either but there is a clear difference. If the hair is bound together strong enough it might possibly hurt like a whip.

.... Have you ever touched a girl before? Or felt her hair brush against you as she scurried by to not have contact with you?

#1-norm-fan
09-10-2017, 02:52 PM
I had my money on DAMN iNATOR being the one to bite on that post.

Emperor Smeat
09-10-2017, 08:23 PM
WWE holding a special Mae Young Classic episode after tomorrow's RAW. Only will have one match with the rest of the show hyping up Tuesday's Finals.

Current reports state the Finals itself is planned to be a 30 minute show with just one match.

WWE will air a Mae Young Classic special after Raw on Monday on WWE Network.

It will feature a six-woman tag match, according to PWInsider: Tessa Blanchard & Jazzy Gabert & Kay Lee Ray vs. Santana Garrett & Sarah Logan & Marti Belle

Sixx
09-10-2017, 08:40 PM
Bianca Belair rules

Did she just punch the other girl in the cunt?

DaveWadding
09-11-2017, 12:41 AM
450 CUNT PUNCH

FATALITY

mike adamle
09-11-2017, 05:47 PM
Still hoping someone will start using the donkey punch as a finisher.

Emperor Smeat
09-12-2017, 10:16 PM
Going to be a short final match considering WWE wasted almost half the show with pre-match stuff.

My Final Heaven
09-12-2017, 10:29 PM
Kairi to debut on Smackdown as Becky Lynch's half-sister

Emperor Smeat
09-12-2017, 10:29 PM
Finals match ended up being a lot better than I was expecting.

Droford
09-12-2017, 10:32 PM
Kairi to debut on Smackdown as Becky Lynch's half-sister

Paul Burchills Japanese sister

Emperor Smeat
09-12-2017, 10:32 PM
MYC trophy might actually be taller than Kairi Sane.

My Final Heaven
09-12-2017, 10:38 PM
Holy fucking shit. I'm speechless. The right person actually won :eek:. 10,000 points to you, Hunter/Steph/whoever was making the decision.

DaveWadding
09-12-2017, 11:15 PM
^^That.

#1-norm-fan
09-13-2017, 03:08 AM
Pretty fucking perfect booking. They could have had Baszler win and just used it as a hype vehicle for someone who already has built in hype. Instead they built a story they can come back to any time they want. Especially once Baszler gets introduced to WWE as a badass, legit MMA fighter and she has to come up against the woman who beat her in the biggest women's wrestling tournament ever.

If only the main roster could understand this kind of simple yet effective booking.

#1-norm-fan
09-13-2017, 03:12 AM
Also, only Charlotte, Bayley and Becky confronted Rousey's crew in that video. If they're building to a 4 on 4 match, they just made it seem a little less lopsided if they just put Sane on Team Charlotte.

SlickyTrickyDamon
09-13-2017, 03:29 AM
Sasha/Raw is in Australia. They knew she'd be away from the live event so they didn't have her there for tournament at all.

#1-norm-fan
09-13-2017, 03:50 AM
Who gives a shit?

Emperor Smeat
09-14-2017, 11:57 PM
According to the Observer, the original plans for the Finals were Kairi Sane versus Toni Storm. That got changed to Sane-Baszler once WWE was able to get Ronda Rousey to show up for the tournament.

The next set of plans were for Baszler to win and start the Four Horsewomen angle at the event. Baszler was penciled to win as late as Monday before it got changed to Sane.

Reason for the change was due to WWE suddenly deciding on wanting to start the Four Horsewomen angle at a later date and realizing it would have overshadowed Sane's win and the Finals itself.

SlickyTrickyDamon
09-15-2017, 12:01 AM
So, it looks like Kairi is now slotted in the title picture at NXT TakeOver Houston for Survivor Series weekend.

Black Widow
09-15-2017, 12:31 AM
I liked the MYC but was expecting a little more with all the hype.

SlickyTrickyDamon
09-15-2017, 01:17 AM
I think it's mostly due to the binge-watching. Tournament would have felt longer and more impactful with one-week episodes.

Emperor Smeat
09-15-2017, 06:19 PM
WWE reported to have offered another 6 contracts to MYC competitors. If all accept, would leave just 13 unsigned from the tournament afterwards.

Revised list from those known to have signed or from NXT prior to the tournament:
Abbey Laith
Bianca Blair
Dakota Kai
Lacey Evans
Reina González
Rhea Ripley
Sage Beckett
Sarah Logan
Taynara Conti
Vanessa Borne
Xia Li
Zeda
Kairi Sane

Safe to assume Jazzy Gabert and Piper Niven are two of the six who got offers during or after the tournament.

Nixon Newell and Zelina Vega were signed before the tournament but not used.

DAMN iNATOR
09-15-2017, 06:29 PM
WWE reported to have offered another 6 contracts to MYC competitors. If all accept, would leave just 13 unsigned from the tournament afterwards.

Revised list from those known to have signed or from NXT prior to the tournament:
Abbey Laith
Bianca Blair
Dakota Kai
Lacey Evans
Reina González
Rhea Ripley
Sage Beckett
Sarah Logan
Taynara Conti
Vanessa Borne
Xia Li
Zeda
Kairi Sane

Safe to assume Jazzy Gabert and Piper Niven are two of the six who got offers during or after the tournament.

Nixon Newell and Zelina Vega were signed before the tournament but not used.

Perhaps another from the six could be Toni Storm...think she has decent potential.

DaveWadding
09-15-2017, 07:00 PM

Predictions: Baszler, Storm, Martinez, LeRae

Simple Fan
09-15-2017, 07:37 PM
Perhaps another from the six could be Toni Storm...think she has decent potential.

Believe she is still with Stardom and is their champion. Also Progress Wrestling Womans Champion.

Lock Jaw
09-15-2017, 07:41 PM
I see lots of potential in Rhea Ripley........

Mr. Nerfect
09-15-2017, 08:39 PM
Rhea is young and cute, but maybe it's better to give her more time to polish and learn the world a bit?

DaveWadding
09-15-2017, 08:40 PM
Believe she is still with Stardom and is their champion. Also Progress Wrestling Womans Champion.

I've heard rumours that her contract is up in October.

Simple Fan
09-15-2017, 08:45 PM
I've heard rumours that her contract is up in October.

Yeah she signed with Stardom in October of last year so I'd imagine it's s 1 year deal.

Lock Jaw
09-15-2017, 09:27 PM
Finally finished this. Enjoyed the tournament.

Shayna Baszler reminds of Baron Corbin in terms of looks and mannerisms, but with more submissions.

SlickyTrickyDamon
10-25-2017, 10:18 PM
.... Have you ever touched a girl before? Or felt her hair brush against you as she scurried by to not have contact with you?

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Excuse me <a href="https://twitter.com/RealKingRegal?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">@RealKingRegal</a> �� look at what <a href="https://twitter.com/BiancaBelairWWE?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">@BiancaBelairWWE</a> braid did to my arm!! You’ll be hearing from the <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/IconicDuo?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#IconicDuo</a> very soon �� <a href="https://twitter.com/WWENXT?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">@WWENXT</a> <a href="https://t.co/PS9nXfVEmN">pic.twitter.com/PS9nXfVEmN</a></p>&mdash; Billie Kay (@BillieKayWWE) <a href="https://twitter.com/BillieKayWWE/status/923348280691560448?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">October 26, 2017</a></blockquote>
<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

It's just a braid of hair.

Destor
10-26-2017, 01:10 AM
Im more shocked people gave you shit for that post...its physics...of course hair can be used as whip

Destor
10-26-2017, 01:11 AM
There are whips...made from hair...why would people question that..

My Final Heaven
10-26-2017, 02:05 AM
This just in - WWE signs Glacier, long term plans for him to be SubZero to Bianca Belair's Sindel. EXCELLENT.

http://bestanimations.com/Games/Computer/MortalCombat/Sindel/sindel-mortal-kombat-animated-gif-7.gif

Anybody Thrilla
10-26-2017, 04:28 AM
I'm lightweight obsessed with Toni Storm. Biance Belair is on some next level shit. Dunno why I love Dakota Kai, but I do.

Mr. Nerfect
10-26-2017, 04:55 PM
Dakota Kai has some spunk to her. I remember her from NXT early in Nia Jax's push. She wore these trunks and I thought it looked nice, because very few women wear trunks.