PDA

View Full Version : OFFICIAL FANDANGO (co-starring Tyler Breeze) Appreciation Thread

#1-norm-fan
07-06-2017, 05:45 PM
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/JdCRrOF7ghg" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

This happened a year ago and I wasn't aware of it until today. I blame TPWW for letting this go unseen.

Post all of Fandango/Creepy Johnny Curtis' greatest moments here and let's celebrate the man who should be one of the biggest stars in WWE history by now.

Ultra Mantis
07-06-2017, 09:04 PM
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/NDeNNvLrzgc" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Before he was a great cop, Fandango was a good cop.

Mr. Nerfect
07-07-2017, 04:38 AM
Fandango looks like a god-damn movie star. Remember when he used to Rob Van Dam to the top rope too. Such grace.

Ultra Mantis
07-07-2017, 07:36 AM
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/_xXu6VCniXI" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

#1-norm-fan
07-07-2017, 11:46 AM
Fandango looks like a god-damn movie star. Remember when he used to Rob Van Dam to the top rope too. Such grace.

https://i.makeagif.com/media/7-07-2017/3eJ3Dp.gif

COME ONNNN

#1-norm-fan
07-07-2017, 11:52 AM
Me watching the biggest star who never was' career slowly dwindle away without so much as a world title:

https://68.media.tumblr.com/4aecff1aa774c8fc99bf689bbecc5efb/tumblr_onwz8hIupG1u1ljrzo1_500.gif

Big Vic
07-07-2017, 01:18 PM
Me watching the biggest star who never was' career slowly dwindle away without so much as a <s>world</s> title:

Fixed.

Ultra Mantis
07-07-2017, 01:41 PM
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/B10YocEr66A" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Evil Vito
07-07-2017, 02:54 PM
Fandango's only 35 but he's been wrestling since 18. WWE better figure out what they have in him while he's still got something left in the tank.

Mr. Nerfect
07-07-2017, 05:46 PM
God damn, the poise of that man. It's like someone took James Dean, kept his cool in a vat, and then handed it to a man named Curtis Hussey in the suburbs of Maine to try and heat that place up.

#1-norm-fan
09-17-2017, 07:20 AM
Showed another non-wrestling fan the clip in the original post of this thread and she literally said "Why is this man not the star of a TV show?"

I had to explain to her "Because the guy who is responsible for every wrestler you know no longer knows how to let wrestlers become megastars. And no one can kick his out-of-touch ass to the side and do it for him."

#1-norm-fan
09-17-2017, 07:21 AM
... It didn't get me laid. But it introduced one more human being to Fandango. And that's the important part.

#1-norm-fan
09-17-2017, 07:23 AM
Me watching the biggest star who never was' career slowly dwindle away without so much as a world title:

https://68.media.tumblr.com/4aecff1aa774c8fc99bf689bbecc5efb/tumblr_onwz8hIupG1u1ljrzo1_500.gif

#1-norm-fan
09-17-2017, 07:25 AM
https://i.makeagif.com/media/7-07-2017/3eJ3Dp.gif

COME ONNNN

THIS IS THE FACE OF YOUR FUCKING COMPANY, YOU DIPSHITS.

#1-norm-fan
09-17-2017, 07:28 AM
WWE be like: "NAH ROMAN REIGNS THO"

#1-norm-fan
09-17-2017, 07:47 AM
Sometimes I feel like Sam Beckett. Sent back in time to remind everyone of Johnny Fucking Curtis as a final attempt to save wrestling from going TOTALLY beyond repair. Hoping that my next leap will be the leap back home.

GD
09-17-2017, 08:23 AM
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/Uy5rz1cft5w" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/zcQv1YCQtw4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

#1-norm-fan
09-17-2017, 08:29 AM
How do you make retards in power recognize glaringly obvious problems? Should I make a "social networking hashtag" or something?

Ol Dirty Dastard
09-17-2017, 08:32 AM
Showed another non-wrestling fan the clip in the original post of this thread and she literally said "Why is this man not the star of a TV show?"

I had to explain to her "Because the guy who is responsible for every wrestler you know no longer knows how to let wrestlers become megastars. And no one can kick his out-of-touch ass to the side and do it for him."

Is it that he doesn't know how to, or that he just doesn't want to? Some believe he purposely tries not to make mega stars so they don't "become bigger than the business".

I could lean either way, a 72-year-old man trying to keep his finger on the pulse on what works just doesn't seem like it'd work IMO.

According to Roman Reigns revenue, ratings, and ticket sales are higher than ever though, so what do we know?

#1-norm-fan
09-17-2017, 08:38 AM
At his age, he should stop giving a fuck about if someone becomes bigger than the business. Because it's not gonna be his problem.

That being said, IF not letting anyone become bigger than the business is his M.O., I feel like it had to start with Cena. And he failed. Because John Cena is currently bigger than the business. So either way, he's a fuck up now.

Destor
09-17-2017, 10:39 AM
The only guy who was able to do comedy without ruining his credibility was Kurt Angle. Fandango is dead and done as a top guy...

Ol Dirty Dastard
09-17-2017, 11:01 AM
In fairness, it was better he did the comedy to get a bit of a mid-card push, ensuring probable indy paydays down the line, than languish as a complete jobber. It was a risk worth taking because it wasn't ever going to get better than this.

I do think however you can push a guy after he's painted with the comedy brush. Vince is just set in his ways.

Bad News Gertner
09-17-2017, 11:33 AM
Fandango/Johnny Curtis is just a slightly more athletic Shawn Stasiak

Fignuts
09-17-2017, 02:07 PM
Hope he gets AIDS.

Mr. Nerfect
09-17-2017, 02:33 PM
The team with Tyler Breeze has saved both. I don't know why Fandango needed saving --
the dude is like a movie star who can wrestle -- but he did. Given how there are no more rules, once this team with Tyler Breeze is the most over thing in wrestling, I can see him getting a big singles push out of it and being given the World Title. I don't know if he'll be good enough to fix broken wrestling though.

Stars are the route to wrestling returning to popularity, by the way. Cena and The Rock are the best things for wrestling these days, and that's because neither is there full-time.

#1-norm-fan
09-17-2017, 04:56 PM

lol I hate you

Mr. Nerfect
09-17-2017, 05:59 PM
Shawn Stasiak would probably be more over than half the jobbers in the WWE currently. If he just acknowledged how bad he was, then he'd at least get as over as Matt Hardy.

Bad News Gertner
09-17-2017, 06:02 PM
lol I hate you

:rofl:

Mr. Nerfect
09-17-2017, 07:12 PM
You've probably answered this before, #fan, but if you were going to push Fandango to the moon, would you change his name back to Johnny Curtis?

#1-norm-fan
09-17-2017, 07:19 PM
I used to think so but the more I think about, once he got the opportunity and became the biggest star in the history of wrestling, I think he could transcend the name and make it "cool". Like "The Undertaker".

Mr. Nerfect
09-17-2017, 07:19 PM
I can see that.

Mr. Nerfect
09-17-2017, 07:21 PM
I think Orton would be a good guy to give the rub to Fandango. Especially after those comments he made about Fandango once upon a time.

mitch_h
09-17-2017, 07:27 PM
Fandango seems to have the same problem as a lot of guys on the roster (Ziggler, Tye Dillinger, Tyler Breeze) where they are good at everything but they aren't great at one thing, for whatever reason this seems to hold them back.

#1-norm-fan
09-17-2017, 07:33 PM
He's got a shit ton of charisma and he looks like a movie star. Which are the two most important traits when looking for a guy to be the face of the company.

KIRA
09-17-2017, 07:39 PM
STUPID.FUCKING.TALENTED.

mitch_h
09-17-2017, 07:45 PM
He has a good look but he's also a little generic looking... he doesn't look as interesting as Roman Reigns, Braun or Demon Finn Balor and I think you need an unconventionality to have a truly great wrestling look. Ziggler, Fandango, Breeze, Dillinger all seem to have similar height and body type, handsome, but also lacking something.

He's charismatic I guess but there is something missing, his mic and character work isn't as original or as compelling as an Austin or Rock... or even someone like Dean Ambrose. His charisma and mic skills seem on the same level as Breeze, Dillinger, Ziggler.

DAMN iNATOR
09-17-2017, 08:09 PM
norM322C9WA

Really should've been the launching pad to stardom for the guy, but somehow it never happened.

Also, don't know if anyone shares my opinion but in retrospect I now really dig this attire of his:

https://i.pinimg.com/736x/26/80/cb/2680cb30ce8b12fb243c80f7cc512eab--dance-summer.jpg

I used to hate it and call him a bag of Skittles because of it, but now I realize that was unmerited...really neat attire, IMHO.

owenbrown
09-17-2017, 08:21 PM

PLANET STASIAK GODDAMMIT

Bad News Gertner
09-17-2017, 08:24 PM
See, slightly more athletic Shawn Stasiak

http://www.accelerator3359.com/Wrestling/pictures/pms.jpg

http://s4.e-monsite.com/2011/07/04/10/johnny-curtis.png

Mr. Nerfect
09-17-2017, 09:25 PM
Really don't think Fandango is missing anything besides a push.

mike adamle
09-17-2017, 09:27 PM
Really don't think Fandango is missing anything besides a push.

Could say the same thing about Shawn "Meat" Stasiak though.

TSI
09-17-2017, 09:49 PM
two out of three of the 3mb are main eventers now, so a push could happen I suppose.

DaveWadding
09-18-2017, 12:55 AM
#BookEmDango

Mr. Nerfect
09-18-2017, 02:57 AM
two out of three of the 3mb are main eventers now, so a push could happen I suppose.

There is literally no rhyme or reason behind who main events now, so it woud actually be upsetting if Fandango doesn't get a turn.

TSI
09-18-2017, 10:54 AM
There is literally no rhyme or reason behind who main events now, so it woud actually be upsetting if Fandango doesn't get a turn.

It couldnt be any worse than Jinder's title run really. Might as well see what happens.

Destor
09-18-2017, 12:31 PM
It couldnt be any worse than Jinder's title run really. Might as well see what happens.
Run has been going very well in target demos

Destor
09-18-2017, 12:32 PM
(aka not everything is for everyone, it's a variety show guys)

Big Vic
09-18-2017, 01:04 PM
I often forget Jinder is champ.

Mr. Nerfect
09-18-2017, 06:03 PM
Who is Jinder?

Mr. Nerfect
09-18-2017, 06:04 PM
Run has been going very well in target demos

Lol, I've only heard bad/status quo news, but I haven't been paying attention to that trash. Can you elaborate?

#1-norm-fan
09-18-2017, 06:42 PM
Yeah, I'm curious to hear this, too. Because from what I've seen he definitely hasn't been a major drawing point for the brand and even if you were to credit him with the ratings... the ratings are pretty much the same as they were before he won the title. Maybe down a little overall. And live event attendance is... Yeah... lol

Mr. Nerfect
09-18-2017, 07:43 PM
I don't know how reliable this was, but I heard that Network subscriptions were down in India too. That sounds a bit like a smear piece, but it honestly wouldn't surprise me. It's almost like putting the belt on a talentless jobber who poorly speaks one of your minority languages is a little condescending and racist.

I'll echo the points about attendance and ratings. But maybe it has been good for India and/or Pakistani television, and the WWE plans to live off that while things go down in the US? I mean, it's not a ridiculous idea -- didn't Total Divas keep them above even one financial year?

Mr. Nerfect
09-19-2017, 07:30 AM
While it goes against most things I believe about wrestling philosophically, I would be happy enough for Randy Orton to win the WWE Title back from Jinder Mahal, then for Fandango to win the Royal Rumble and beat Orton in the WrestleMania mid-card for the WWE Title. I think Fandango is such a sexy beast that when people see him in that mix, they will just accept it and it'll spread like wildfire or a rash. Move Bray Wyatt over to SmackDown and have him be jealous that Fandango beat Orton when he couldn't, and also a little bit because Fandango is definitely a multiple-ladies-at-once man. Tyler Breeze can be a sacrificial lamb in this angle. He's pretty enough for Bray Wyatt to take to the compound and Fandango to go and save.

You can bring back Luke Harper and Erick Rowan to be fall guys to Fandango. After Dango saves his little buddy and vanquishes Bray, Tyler can turn on Fandango and go after the belt himself, although I don't see him as a long-term contender. Turn Orton heel and have Breeze be his little minion. There's an easy Steel Cage Match at SummerSlam. Fandango keeps the belt until a Starrcade defense against Cena, where he retains.

Mr. Nerfect
09-19-2017, 05:18 PM
Yeah, was just thinking about this: I'm entirely on board with Fandango as WWE Champion. It's not like he will draw any worse than anyone else on the brand.

#1-norm-fan
09-19-2017, 05:52 PM
I don't put it past WWE to mismanage any situation with shitty booking. But Fandango with even halfway decent booking on top would be good for business.

Mr. Nerfect
09-19-2017, 05:58 PM
The Rock vs. Fandango just popped into my head, and it's become my dream WrestleMania feud.

Mr. Nerfect
09-19-2017, 06:00 PM
Holy shit, if they do that, I want Jericho to back Fandango. "This guy beat me at WrestleMania and you think you have a shot?!". Fandango has got more genuine charisma than Kevin Owens (re: not mic skills) and wouldn't be overshadowed by Jericho. You can team Breeze up with Jericho as kind of a heel version of an inter-generational Thrillseekers, and be a heel team that supports Fandango. Try your hardest to re-hire Maxine to be Fandango's Lady Macbeth and you have yourself the greatest faction in modern sports entertainment history.

Mr. Nerfect
09-19-2017, 06:01 PM
Triple H & Stephanie McMahon vs. Fandango & Maxine at WrestleMania. I can't think of a more exciting match for Triple H. Never mind that both men were trained by Killer Kowalski.

#1-norm-fan
09-19-2017, 06:22 PM
lol My original fantasy booking for a Fandango push years ago was around when there was talk of The Rock vs Triple H at WrestleMania. Without going through everything step-by-step, basically The Rock was fed up with Triple H fucking with Reigns and The Usos and he came back to put him in check. Triple H was using Big Show as "muscle" at the time and ends up allowing Rock to Wrestle him and Show at WrestleMania but Rock doesn't get to pick his partner. They choose Fandango because "lolFandango" and it led to Rock training Fandango in a series of vignettes where slowly over the weeks Rock goes from a hard ass who just hates every second of training this shithead to forming an unlikely friendship to the point where Fandango's teaching Rock some dance moves come WrestleMania. They end up winning the match at WrestleMania, Fandango gets the rub of all rubs, and a new star is born.

GD
09-19-2017, 06:40 PM
I hope he retires his finisher since it looks awfully bad for his back.

Ultra Mantis
09-19-2017, 07:08 PM
He's been using a Falcon Arrow as his main finish since The Fashion Police turned face, mainly to beat Viktor.

GD
09-19-2017, 11:16 PM
That's cool. I guess I can vaguely recall him using the maneuver.

Mr. Nerfect
09-20-2017, 06:57 AM
lol My original fantasy booking for a Fandango push years ago was around when there was talk of The Rock vs Triple H at WrestleMania. Without going through everything step-by-step, basically The Rock was fed up with Triple H fucking with Reigns and The Usos and he came back to put him in check. Triple H was using Big Show as "muscle" at the time and ends up allowing Rock to Wrestle him and Show at WrestleMania but Rock doesn't get to pick his partner. They choose Fandango because "lolFandango" and it led to Rock training Fandango in a series of vignettes where slowly over the weeks Rock goes from a hard ass who just hates every second of training this shithead to forming an unlikely friendship to the point where Fandango's teaching Rock some dance moves come WrestleMania. They end up winning the match at WrestleMania, Fandango gets the rub of all rubs, and a new star is born.

I want to give you all my money right now.

Ol Dirty Dastard
09-20-2017, 07:22 AM
Oh god no