PDA

View Full Version : How to fix Smackdown!

Jordan
05-26-2004, 06:54 PM
Here is my idea, everybody has one so I might as well. Raw, is awsome right now, there is usually two great matches per show, and the rest while they may suck, are made up for with good sports entertainment. Raw is "A Ok" in my book. Smackdown, is just bad, just really really bad.

I kind of like the direction they are planning on going in, with the gimmicks becomming, "bigger", and more like the 1980's WWF. Im fine with that, but they can't go to far. People just won't buy it. WWE is maknig one of the biggest mistakes in the world right now. They really need to take a look at thier Smackdown! roster. They have some of the most talented lightweights in the world. I mean what do you think is hold NWA:TNA up right now? They ought to devote a lot more time to creating an awsome cruiserweight division. They have the capabilities.

Ultimo Dragon
Rey Jr.
Billy Kidman
Paul London
Chavo G.
Jamie Noble

They could hire some of the ROH stars and have quite an awsome new aspect of Smackdown!. But they can't hold them back, they have to let them shine. They must not hold them back or it will be a waste.

Smackdown! Has the capabilities of a great mid and upper-card. Big Show seems kind of useless and he sucks unless he is in the ring with Lesnar, who is now gone so I say that you give hime a tag partner. Hardcore Holly would be my choice, he isn't a very good wrestler, but he can be decent at times. And these two could work well together, being and "unstopable force". The Dudley's need to turn heel, and I mean, ECW heel. They were awsome. Let them do their mic work and let them be violent. It's really entertaining, and they can get a crowd going like nobody else. Charlie Haas and Rico is retarted. Put Charlie with a good worker, like Mark Jindrak. There are the heel and the faces could be, Paul London and Kidman, RVD and Rey Jr. on occasion, and put Rikishi with somone that is good like Orlando Jordan. And then the tag division won't be so bad.

Now the main event sceen, pisses me off. Im not against Bradshaw in the main event, he reminds me of Stan Hansen and I like that, and its kinda cool. But they main event scene should work like this, Faces: Eddie G., RVD, and The Undertaker. Heels: Booker T, JBL, and Kurt Angle. Angle doesn't have to wrestle but he could have a stable. And feud with people through guy's in his stable then eventually once a guy like Eddie G. has beaten everyone in the stable, go one on one with Angle at a big event. John Cena, and Rene, will be the top "up and comers" along with Mordecai I guess, although I think he kinda sucks. But anyway, have fun.

Innovator
05-26-2004, 07:06 PM
I know he's not the best worker and shouldn't really be in the main event, but bring the Big Show back and get him in a feud with Eddie. He is the only heel right now with main event experience on Smackdown besides.......JBL

Corkscrewed
05-26-2004, 07:07 PM
Pretty much what everyone agree is the solution, up to the main eventers (that's where people usually deviate).

It really sucks that they have the solution right there in the Cruisers and they're doing nothing to utilize this tremendous gift. It's almost as if they're trying to kill the show, which is really disappointing and heartbreaking to loyal fans.

The CyNick
05-26-2004, 08:53 PM
It would be a good idea for the WWE to focus on strong workrate in the CW division, but they'd rather turn it into comedy. The only thing SD has over RAW is the Cruiserweights, so it would be smart to put a heavy emphasis on those guys. But I doubt it will happen.

Of course that likely wont drive up ratings, it'll just make the shows better. We all know the problem, not enough recognizable stars on SD, until that changes the numbers will stay low.

Its like Velocity and Heat (not that bad, but in comparison to RAW's star power), people see those shows as "B" shows, and therefore they dont watch. Once that happens people feel they can skip the show. Thats where SD is right now, the WWE made it clear that RAW is where most of the top guys are so fans stopped watching SD. I think they're at a point where they need a guy like Sting or something to come in, and put him on SD to make people care about the show.

OssMan
05-26-2004, 09:06 PM
Yeah, the best thing that Smackdown has is the Cruiserweights, so why WOULDN'T you make a joke out of them? I mean you have guys like Chavo Classic, who aren't even cruiserweights, not to mention have no talent, winning the title! And besides why would you focus on guys like Rey Mysterio and Ultimo Dragon? They have great talent, so it makes sense not to use them! Pure genius by the WWE!

The CyNick
05-26-2004, 09:13 PM
Yeah I mean I really like Chavo Classic, but as a manager and part time worker, not as CW Champ.

My thinking is when you dont have a ton of big stars, at least try to put on good matches so the people who are watching dont get pissed off. But they dont think like that, so what can you do?

John la Rock
05-26-2004, 09:17 PM
ya I would actually like to see those crusierweights wrestle. The only cruisier we get to see everyweek is Rey Mysterio.

I would love to actually get a chance to watch Paul London cause from what you people say he's awesome

The CyNick
05-26-2004, 09:27 PM
You get to see small doses of London on Velocity, but I'm sure he could tear the house down (Ive only seen him wrestle a long match once or twice). Its frustrating because it seems so easy, but they dont see it like that.