PDA

View Full Version : Big Cass injured

Big Vic
08-23-2017, 08:26 AM
http://www.wrestlezone.com/news/877277-new-update-on-big-cass-knee-injury-wwe-confirms-surgery-required-estimated-recovery-time

I honestly thought it was a work Monday.

JimmyMess
08-23-2017, 08:50 AM
That sucks hard for him!

Nicky Fives
08-23-2017, 09:08 AM
Couldn't have been worse timing.... I saw him finishing things with Show then taking the IC belt from Jordan after he takes it from Miz....

Destor
08-23-2017, 09:15 AM
Basically kills his career dead. Dont think he has the talent to regain the momentum Enzo got him

ClockShot
08-23-2017, 09:24 AM
Wow. I knew if used right he could places in the company. But this essentially puts the brakes on him.

Some time off and a bit of a repackage when he returns might do him some good.

Shisen Kopf
08-23-2017, 01:11 PM
He should stop training, eat a lot of food and get fat so they can rebrand him as Big Ass when he returnsa

Gerard
08-23-2017, 01:19 PM
He didn't really seem to land awkwardly when he came out of the ring, must have just stretched something enough to cause some damage.

Droford
08-23-2017, 02:25 PM
That sucks hard for him!

And me I was *this* close to winning survivor with him

Big Vic
08-23-2017, 02:30 PM
Still possible

Destor
08-23-2017, 02:38 PM
Still possible
Highly unlikely theyll put Ambrose under anytime soon

JimmyMess
08-23-2017, 02:39 PM
And me I was *this* close to winning survivor with him

That sucks hard for you too!

Big Vic
08-23-2017, 02:53 PM

"Anything can happen in the WWE"

owenbrown
08-23-2017, 03:22 PM
"Anything can happen in the WORLD WRESTLING FEDERATION"

Emperor Smeat
08-23-2017, 04:04 PM
Shame for Cass but on the bright side it does give the WWE a lot of time to think of plans and direction for Cass since he was going to be doomed once the Enzo feud was over.

Enzo might be the first person who managed to win a feud after getting beaten up and embarrassed like 99% of the time.

Mr. Nerfect
08-23-2017, 06:23 PM
It sucks for Cass, but the push wasn't working anyway. This gives them time to re-evaluate things.

#1-norm-fan
08-23-2017, 06:37 PM

He's a champion now though.

What better way to ask everyone WHAT THIS MEANS FOR SUNDAY!?!?

Destor
08-23-2017, 06:41 PM
Thats like 5 weeks tho

#1-norm-fan
08-23-2017, 06:45 PM
WWE tends to ask that question weeks in advance though. I'm surprised they haven't leaned on that crutch already.

Ol Dirty Dastard
08-23-2017, 08:03 PM
Lol someone on the observer or torch likened his physique ti buddy landell's. I feel like that could only make a wrestling fan laugh.

Shisen Kopf
08-23-2017, 08:47 PM
RIP Buddy Landel

#1-norm-fan
08-23-2017, 08:57 PM
The original playboy.

Simple Fan
08-23-2017, 08:57 PM
Sucks for Cass but its probably for the better. The split from Enzo wasn't really going his way and some time off and a surprise return at some point could be great.

Gerard
08-23-2017, 09:11 PM
Sucks for Cass but its probably for the better. The split from Enzo wasn't really going his way and some time off and a surprise return at some point could be great.

I'm baffled how enzo even got to the main roster, he's good on the mic but wrestling wise he makes (american promotion) Hogan look like Bret Hart, minus the screwing. He talks, does that little shuffle thing...and that's about it. :wtf:

Simple Fan
08-23-2017, 09:25 PM
I'm baffled how enzo even got to the main roster, he's good on the mic but wrestling wise he makes (american promotion) Hogan look like Bret Hart, minus the screwing. He talks, does that little shuffle thing...and that's about it. :wtf:

That's all he needs to do. He's an entertainer not a wrestler. Don't really understand your Hogsn/Hart analogy but Enzo could easily be this generations Jimmy Hart if he'd quit wrestling and become a manager in my opinion.

Gerard
08-23-2017, 10:18 PM
That's all he needs to do. He's an entertainer not a wrestler. Don't really understand your Hogsn/Hart analogy but Enzo could easily be this generations Jimmy Hart if he'd quit wrestling and become a manager in my opinion.

Hogan in Japan was actually a decent wrestler as he didn't stick to the wwf "big man" routine he was stuck with while wrestling in America. People generally say Hogan was a pretty bad wrestler going by his american matches, but Enzo is on another level of bad.

Destor
08-23-2017, 10:37 PM
Hogan in Japan was actually a decent wrestler as he didn't stick to the wwf "big man" routine he was stuck with while wrestling in America. People generally say Hogan was a pretty bad wrestler going by his american matches, but Enzo is on another level of bad.

Firstly Hogan wasnt stuck with anything. He adapted to the damands of the crowd. Different markets.

2ndly Enzo is stellar unless you judge a guys work by the moves he does. He did a ppv match this year where all of his offense was moving out of the way. Fucking brilliant. Worked a 15 min heat with no traditional offense. Got his hope in almost exclusively from 3 quart rolls... his ricky morton is the best in wrestling today. Can sell anything for 30 min and keep the crowd into him. Really quality tag worker.

Savio
08-23-2017, 11:04 PM
It sucks for Cass, but the push wasn't working anyway. This gives them time to re-evaluate things.
It was working the crowd was booing him and crowds don't ever boo heels now-a-days

Mr. Nerfect
08-23-2017, 11:20 PM
I've read that his segments have sucked donkey nads.

Destor
08-23-2017, 11:24 PM
I've read that his segments have sucked donkey nads.

...not a very good way to form an opinion....

Mr. Nerfect
08-23-2017, 11:37 PM
Depends what that opinion is on.

Mr. Nerfect
08-23-2017, 11:39 PM
I mean, I wouldn't try to make the case that Big Cass is bad based on what I've heard. I'd definitely make the case that Big Cass has had a poor critical reception though.

Destor
08-23-2017, 11:46 PM
From arm chair bookers. If he's fetting heat it disproves the critics

Lock Jaw
08-24-2017, 12:12 AM
I feel like Big Cass has been doing a good job, but that the storyline he was involved with was subpar. Which is why I was looking forward to seeing him move on from Enzo Amore/Big Show.

Vastardikai
08-24-2017, 07:59 AM
I just hope that, while he's away, someone convinces him to work in tights.

Gerard
08-24-2017, 11:52 AM
Firstly Hogan wasnt stuck with anything. He adapted to the damands of the crowd. Different markets.

2ndly Enzo is stellar unless you judge a guys work by the moves he does. He did a ppv match this year where all of his offense was moving out of the way. Fucking brilliant. Worked a 15 min heat with no traditional offense. Got his hope in almost exclusively from 3 quart rolls... his ricky morton is the best in wrestling today. Can sell anything for 30 min and keep the crowd into him. Really quality tag worker.

Adopting to the demands of the crowd, in other words being expected to work a certain way, so essentially something he had to do as it was expected so he was stuck with it. If he had worked in America the way he did in Japan he would be more highly regarded in terms of actual wrestling.

As for Enzo, he's better on the mic than he is in the ring. And even that shtick is getting old lately.

Destor
08-24-2017, 12:09 PM
Adopting to the demands of the crowd, in other words being expected to work a certain way, so essentially something he had to do as it was expected so he was stuck with it. If he had worked in America the way he did in Japan he would be more highly regarded in terms of actual wrestling.

As for Enzo, he's better on the mic than he is in the ring. And even that shtick is getting old lately.
That's back trracking

Hogan in Japan was actually a decent wrestler as he didn't stick to the wwf "big man" routine he was stuck with while wrestling in America. People generally say Hogan was a pretty bad wrestler going by his american matches, but Enzo is on another level of bad.You implied he was being forced to do less here in the states, not being forced to do more over there. He was stuck with nothing, he made a business descision to do less. To get over there he was required to do more. Hogan is a minimalist though. "Less is more" so he did the smallest ammount he could get away with...in both places to be fair. But he wasn't "stuck" with anything. He could have worked like Flair or Steamboat but he chose not to. Thats the point.

Any none of that is bad or good frankly.

Gerard
08-24-2017, 01:52 PM
That's back trracking

You implied he was being forced to do less here in the states, not being forced to do more over there. He was stuck with nothing, he made a business descision to do less. To get over there he was required to do more. Hogan is a minimalist though. "Less is more" so he did the smallest ammount he could get away with...in both places to be fair. But he wasn't "stuck" with anything. He could have worked like Flair or Steamboat but he chose not to. Thats the point.

Any none of that is bad or good frankly.

Didn't imply anything, he was stuck with doing it because that's what was expected in those days. A lot of wrestlers over the years have said that while with the wwf they had to adapt their style to fit it, and in some cases they felt it was limiting them. Hogans style in the 80's while in america was no different to other large size wrestlers.

Rammsteinmad
08-24-2017, 03:20 PM
I thought he had potential as a heel. His promos were good, and his in-ring work is good (nothing brilliant, but watchable). The feud with Enzo was expected, but has gone on too long, having Big Show involved has NOT helped.

Nicky Fives
08-24-2017, 04:53 PM
Cut his hair, tweak his look and give him a sick Powerbomb finisher to get over old school..... He should spend his days watching Psycho Sid, Diesel, Crush, et al matches on the network for $9.99....

Stickman
08-30-2017, 11:40 AM
I love the powerbomb as a finisher! Give it to Cass.

#BROKEN Hasney
08-30-2017, 12:45 PM
I love the running power bomb with jacknife flip. Give him that one.

Big Vic
08-30-2017, 12:53 PM
give him the running gut-wrench spinning sitdown powerbomb with a jackknife flip.

Destor
08-30-2017, 01:57 PM
give him the running gut-wrench spinning sitdown powerbomb with a jackknife flip.trying to envision that :lol:

#BROKEN Hasney
08-30-2017, 01:58 PM
Just imagining someone trying to bounce from their ass into a jackknife pin is brilliant

Big Vic
08-30-2017, 02:14 PM
I'm sure it's possible on a trampoline.

Destor
08-30-2017, 02:51 PM
I want it to happen so bad now