PDA

View Full Version : Forbes: 5 WWE stars who do surprisingly well on YouTube/Social Media

Slik
09-18-2017, 11:31 AM
www.forbes.com/sites/blakeoestriecher/2017/09/15/5-wwe-stars-who-are-surprisingly-good-draws/

According to Forbes 5 WWE stars who do exceedingly well when it comes to Social Media and YouTube statistics are:

1. Nikki Bella
2. Alexa Bliss
3. Shinsuke Nakamura
4. The Miz
5. Enzo Amore

Forbes noted in particular that Bliss performs as well in Social Media and YouTube statistics as Jinder Mahal, The Hardy Boyz, and performs better than Chris Jericho. Forbes noted her merchandise has quickly become among the highest sellers in the entire company. They speculate WWE will likely to continue her push and possibly move her into the role of being their ‘top female character’.

The Miz receives the most YouTube views of anyone in WWE after John Cena, Roman Reigns, Brock Lesnar and Braun Strowman.

Schlomey
09-18-2017, 11:33 AM
I picked a good one to fall for then LOL.

The Dastardly One
09-18-2017, 11:35 AM
Nice to see some hard work receiving some notoriety. Honestly, engaging people with your social media marketing is fucking hard.

Destor
09-18-2017, 11:45 AM
"Man why are they pushing Bliss?"

The Dastardly One
09-18-2017, 11:46 AM
Lol Destor, you will incite the Haterade Brigade aka Noid and Fan.

Big Vic
09-18-2017, 01:11 PM
Has Zack Ryder fallen off?

Maluco
09-18-2017, 01:39 PM
The Miz should absolutely be in Mahals position. He has done so well to create the career he has for himself and can sell feuds by himself. Great on the mic, fully fleshed out persona and capable of good matches with workers like Styles in Smackdown. It's an easy choice to make

#BrotherVito DELETED
09-18-2017, 01:39 PM

Haterade Brigade is a pretty awesome tag team name. Should pitch that one to Vince.

Maluco
09-18-2017, 01:41 PM
Also, have Asuka come in and plow through everyone for the title. Then a newly turned Bliss, the plucky underdog, beats her at Mania.

Nicky Fives
09-20-2017, 04:27 PM
Only person I ever see beating Asuka is Kairi Sane in the first ever "Jap v Jap" women's match in WWE in forever....

SlickyTrickyDamon
09-20-2017, 04:32 PM
I picked a good one to fall for then LOL.

and you can't teach that. :lol:

Anybody Thrilla
09-20-2017, 04:32 PM
Alexa Bliss is tight.

SlickyTrickyDamon
09-20-2017, 04:38 PM
Not tight like Sasha Banks but I think she is hotter.

#1-wwf-fan
09-20-2017, 09:10 PM

I said she's bland-looking, overrated and dresses like a popular comic book character to try to get over with the nerds. So clearly Destor's comment wasn't directed toward me. That being said, she's tying Jinder Mahal and the directionless and boring Hardys on YouTube views and her merch is top 5... AMONG THE WOMEN. There's like 5 women being pushed period. lol

#1-wwf-fan
09-20-2017, 09:10 PM
Another embarrassing #DaleFail

The Dastardly One
09-20-2017, 10:09 PM
Hmm... his positive rep and message seem to hint that it meant to stir the pot with you.

I also like that your post contained mad hating in it. #HateradeBrigade

The Dastardly One
09-20-2017, 10:09 PM
Another #DastardlyVictory

#1-wwf-fan
09-20-2017, 10:42 PM
Then both of your assessments were wrong.

A #DaleFail and a #DestorBlunder back to back.

Noid
09-20-2017, 10:43 PM
I said she's bland-looking, overrated and dresses like a popular comic book character to try to get over with the nerds. So clearly Destor's comment wasn't directed toward me. That being said, she's tying Jinder Mahal and the directionless and boring Hardys on YouTube views and her merch is top 5... AMONG THE WOMEN. There's like 5 women being pushed period. lol

Yeah, that's about where I sit. It's funny how people seemed to flip on Bliss when she did the Harley Quinn thing. How easily we nerds are influenced...

#1-wwf-fan
09-20-2017, 10:44 PM
Also, you're TPWW famous because of your hating on Noid. You've drank so much haterade you've probably got the diabetes.

The Dastardly One
09-20-2017, 10:52 PM
Embrace the #HateradeBrigade name. It's a term of endearment more than anything.

The Dastardly One
09-20-2017, 10:53 PM
https://pics.me.me/good-good-let-the-hate-flow-through-you-13858771.png

#1-wwf-fan
09-20-2017, 10:57 PM
Forbes noted her merchandise has quickly become among the highest sellers in the entire company.

she likely became a top five merchandise seller among female superstars just a few months after her being drafted to the blue brand.

People getting worked by slik still. lol

My Final Heaven
09-20-2017, 10:58 PM
She's got the Nerd cosplay cred, & she's a sarcastic heel. That's 2 automatic byes right there - I'd like to see the IWCs feelings on her if she was any sort of Face character :lol:

My Final Heaven
09-20-2017, 11:02 PM
http://vignette3.wikia.nocookie.net/prowrestling/images/4/49/Alexa_Bliss_NXT_Profile.png

DrA
09-20-2017, 11:20 PM
I didn't realize Alexa Bliss is only 5'1, that makes her a different character for me.

Lock Jaw
09-21-2017, 12:02 AM
Did they not call her "Five Feet of Fury" enough times for you?

Volare
09-21-2017, 12:07 AM
Perfect height for a 6'6 good brother. :)

DrA
09-21-2017, 01:16 AM

I don't actually watch the show.

Big Vic
09-21-2017, 09:11 AM

I assumed she was 5'11"

:shifty:

Ruien
09-21-2017, 09:25 AM
What does Bliss do exactly.that is becoming so successful? I don't follow her via social media or youtube.

Destor
09-21-2017, 10:52 AM
Hmm... his positive rep and message seem to hint that it meant to stir the pot with you.

I also like that your post contained mad hating in it. #HateradeBrigade

I was taunting the cripple tbf

#1-wwf-fan
09-21-2017, 11:12 AM
#DaleFail

#1-wwf-fan
09-21-2017, 11:42 AM
What does Bliss do exactly.that is becoming so successful? I don't follow her via social media or youtube.

The only social media success the article talks about is that according to some list of by "Fightful", she got as many videos on YouTube with over 500,000 views in the first half of the year as Nikki Bella (Who's been off TV since April), The Hardys (Who weren't on TV until April) and Jinder Mahal (Who was a jobber until April/May).

So to answer your question, she gets segments on Raw that are then put on YouTube.

Ruien
09-21-2017, 12:16 PM
The only social media success the article talks about is that according to some list of by "Fightful", she got as many videos on YouTube with over 500,000 views in the first half of the year as Nikki Bella (Who's been off TV since April), The Hardys (Who weren't on TV until April) and Jinder Mahal (Who was a jobber until April/May).

So to answer your question, she gets segments on Raw that are then put on YouTube.

Oh. Thought this was like Zack Ryder stuff. My bad.

The Dastardly One
09-21-2017, 12:18 PM
#DaleFail

Every day is a #DaleVictory

The Dastardly One
09-21-2017, 12:19 PM
I was taunting the cripple tbf

shutappppp.

BTW who's "the cripple" I'm down to taunt whoever this is.

Destor
09-21-2017, 04:03 PM
Big Krispy z Or whatever

Lock Jaw
09-21-2017, 06:54 PM

She's hot

Volare
09-22-2017, 12:28 AM
Hot....booty...bubbly personality.....win!!

Noid
09-22-2017, 05:58 AM
She's got the Nerd cosplay cred, & she's a sarcastic heel. That's 2 automatic byes right there - I'd like to see the IWCs feelings on her if she was any sort of Face character :lol:

Yep.

Ruien
09-22-2017, 09:47 AM
No idea if Bliss will be a good face but does that matter? Does anyone think Miz is bad because he is only amazing as a heel and not a face?

Noid
09-23-2017, 01:23 AM
Lol. Miz. Amazing. Righto.

The Dastardly One
09-23-2017, 07:38 AM
#HateradeBrigade strikes again

Ruien
09-23-2017, 09:09 AM
Still find it weird Noid watches WWE still.

The Dastardly One
09-23-2017, 09:36 AM
You just aren't as good at watching wrestling as him, Ruien.

Noid
09-23-2017, 06:41 PM
#HateradeBrigade strikes again

How is that even hating? You, of all people, who had the big whinge about people having subjective tastes, can't handle someone not rating someone "amazing?"

#DaleFail

The Dastardly One
09-24-2017, 09:54 AM
How is that even hating? You, of all people, who had the big whinge about people having subjective tastes, can't handle someone not rating someone "amazing?"

#DaleFail

it's not that you don't find him amazing, it's your tone. I don't find him amazing either, but I don't go and take a shit on someone who thinks he is lol.

Maluco
09-24-2017, 10:44 AM
Alexa Bliss is on there because she is hot guys. Would be nice to think everyone has evolved and her wrestling talents are just more appreciated than the other females. But she is on there because she is hot and people like looking at her.

Complex 2 page analysis aside

The Dastardly One
09-24-2017, 10:59 AM
It's probably what it is tbh

The Dastardly One
09-24-2017, 10:59 AM
But you gotta know how to market the hautness.

Ruien
09-24-2017, 11:35 AM
Alexa Bliss is on there because she is hot guys. Would be nice to think everyone has evolved and her wrestling talents are just more appreciated than the other females. But she is on there because she is hot and people like looking at her.

It's more than that. Sasha and Emma have her beat in the looks department. Her charisma puts her over those 2 though.

The Dastardly One
09-24-2017, 11:46 AM
And she knows how to reach her demo on insta

Maluco
09-24-2017, 11:49 AM
I don't think Sasha or Emma have her beat in the looks department, especially not in a traditionally sense. The Sable/Sunny/Trish hot blonde has always been a draw.

She has the cute factor from being smaller too. Charisma might mean she has featured more than Emma on TV, but I really think looks accounts for 90% of it.

Ruien
09-24-2017, 11:51 AM
Really? Emma is like a 15 out of 10.

Maluco
09-24-2017, 11:52 AM
You could argue that cosplaying into those "nerdy" characters is just emphasising the look and physical attraction factor. A hot girl dressed as Harley Quinn, yeah I will watch that video/look at that insta etc...

Ruien
09-24-2017, 11:52 AM
Also, going by she must be a blond (lol) logic, explain Mayrse not being number 1.

Maluco
09-24-2017, 11:54 AM
Really? Emma is like a 15 out of 10.

I guess it's personal taste, I find Asuka really hot for example, but Emma's charisma is at absolute zero from what I have seen.

I would argue that she could be massive too if she had even a little something about her. She seems to be devoid of a personality from whenever I have seen her though.

So yeah, you have to have SOMETHING to work with, anything..

Ruien
09-24-2017, 11:56 AM
If looks in 90% of the reason then it wouldn't matter.

Maluco
09-24-2017, 12:00 PM
Sable had no real charisma and looked like she didn't want to be there half the time.

Trish is massively overrated as a performer imo.

Charisma does play in, but I still feel, with woman, that being hot is a lot more important.

I wouldn't say that Charlotte, Becky, Sascha, Bailey, Nia etc... are hot in the traditional sense that appeals to the masses.

Alexa Bliss has that look that has traditionally been very popular, and that matters more than anything else in woman's wrestling.

Roman Reigns is proof that is matters with the men too

Maluco
09-24-2017, 12:03 PM
As for Maryse, she doesn't wrestle, or really do anything apart from stand beside the Miz. She isn't a performer, and when she was, she was champ.

Some of her matches from that time, despite being garbage, have over a million views on YouTube. Wonder why

The Dastardly One
09-24-2017, 12:04 PM
Maryse is a performer, just not working matches. Impressive thing is she's not really trained and can still work a match if she's asked, and is a complete heat magnet.

Maluco
09-24-2017, 12:10 PM
Yeah, I guess she is still a performer, but when you are not competing and only talking once in a blue moon, you're impact is going to be limited.

The fact she is still a heat magnet is proof that her appearance was always more important than anything else. It's the constant. She is not like a Sherri, always getting involved in matches.

Plus...that accent

The Dastardly One
09-24-2017, 12:16 PM
She's almost a heel Liz (I know Liz was heel in WCW but I don't count that bullshit)

Maluco
09-24-2017, 12:30 PM
She's almost a heel Liz (I know Liz was heel in WCW but I don't count that bullshit)

Yeah, I would go along with that. Absolutely. She actually came into my head as I was typing that. Never saw heel Liz in WCW...thankfully

Destor
09-24-2017, 03:58 PM

If you think Ortons looks are a large portion of why he had a successful career I've got some bad news for you

Noid
09-24-2017, 05:25 PM
it's not that you don't find him amazing, it's your tone. I don't find him amazing either, but I don't go and take a shit on someone who thinks he is lol.

You're so sensitive. I don't take a shit on someone who finds him amazing, I take a shit on it as evidence as to how someone can allegedly be amazing when they aren't.

HOW DO YOU STILL NOT GET THE FUCKING DIFFERENCE BETWEEN "I LIKE THIS PERSON" AND "THIS PERSON IS OBJECTIVELY REALLY GOOD"?!?!

Maybe caps lock will help you understand this big central point we keep returning to. I don't care if Ruien likes Miz. I could not give one solitary flying fuck. I'm not just going to meditate on that point he raised, because we both know it's not a good one. I scoffed at it like you scoff at anything I post. Glass houses, Dale. #DaleFail

Noid
09-24-2017, 05:34 PM
If you think Ortons looks are a large portion of why he had a successful career I've got some bad news for you

I started a reply, but then I realized that this might have been a typo. Are you saying that Orton's looks haven't been a factor? Because I think they have, lol. Even still, I don't think comparing male talents with female talents in that regard is fair because of the fan base's beard density. Let's face it: The WWE is still a sexist piece of shit company that is mocked regularly for how it treats its women. The "Women's Revolution" is a chance to put the scantily clad women further into the limelight and use softer language about their abilities instead of raving on about how fit they are (which they still do, don't get me wrong).

Maluco
09-24-2017, 05:38 PM

Of course they have been! Seems daft to think they haven't. He is about the only wrestler in the current roster my wife recognises and a lot of foreign markets are into him because of his look. He is a good looking guy and, much like Reigns, it has helped his success enormously.

As above though, what Noid, it matters quite a bit with the men, but it matters a ton more for the girls.

Destor
09-24-2017, 06:19 PM
Typo, they are a factor

Noid
09-24-2017, 07:26 PM
Ah, I thought so.

The Dastardly One
09-24-2017, 07:31 PM
You're so sensitive. I don't take a shit on someone who finds him amazing, I take a shit on it as evidence as to how someone can allegedly be amazing when they aren't.

HOW DO YOU STILL NOT GET THE FUCKING DIFFERENCE BETWEEN "I LIKE THIS PERSON" AND "THIS PERSON IS OBJECTIVELY REALLY GOOD"?!?!

Maybe caps lock will help you understand this big central point we keep returning to. I don't care if Ruien likes Miz. I could not give one solitary flying fuck. I'm not just going to meditate on that point he raised, because we both know it's not a good one. I scoffed at it like you scoff at anything I post. Glass houses, Dale. #DaleFail

Noid I think you've lost the plot brother. ;)

Noid
09-24-2017, 08:30 PM
I think you're reading the wrong script.